Laura Devon, 76; had a brief TV and film acting career in the 1960s

wazzzy

Jul 27, 2007, 3:09:08 AM7/27/07
http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-passings27.4jul27,1,797034.story?coll=la-news-obituaries

Laura Devon, 76, who had a short film and TV acting career in the
1960s, died of heart failure July 19 at her Beverly Hills home, said
her son, screenwriter Kevin Jarre.

Devon had leads in several films from the mid- to late '60s, including
"Red Line 7000" opposite James Caan in 1965, and "Gunn" with Craig
Stevens and "A Covenant of Death" with George Maharis, both from 1967.

A native of Detroit who started her career singing in nightclubs
there, she moved to Southern California in the early '60s and made her
film debut in director Vincente Minnelli's "Goodbye Charlie" (1964).

She had numerous guest roles in TV series, including "Route 66," "The
Twilight Zone" and "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour." She was also part of
the ensemble cast for "The Richard Boone Show," a well-regarded
dramatic anthology series that lasted one season, from 1963 to '64.

wheres...@webtv.net

Jul 30, 2007, 8:55:41 PM7/30/07
I saw her on "The Fugitive" and she was very good. I later looked up her
and was surprised that she didn't have many credits. She was very
attractive and seemed to have some genuine talent, so it made you wonder
why more didn't happen for her career. She was an interesting actress.

John