Jason Darrow, 68, songwriter/manager/producer for singer Jane Olivor

Diner

Dec 24, 2009, 8:53:57 AM12/24/09
Posted Dec. 23 on the All That Chat message board:

Jason Darrow - Jane Olivor's Producer, Mgr., Composer, Died Dec. 13th
Posted by: blueeyedguynyc 07:26 pm EST 12/23/09

This news saddened me greatly. Jason Darrow, long-time collaborator
with Jane Olivor, died on December 13th. Darrow produced Janie's debut
album, FIRST NIGHT, which won Stereo Review's Record of the Year in
1976, as well as her STAY THE NIGHT, the (best) portions of THE BEST
SIDE OF GOODBYE, and Olivor's IN CONCERT.

Darrow co-wrote songs with Stephen Schwartz, Georges Delerue, Gilbert
Becaud, and several with Olivor herself. Darrow discovered Olivor at a
now legendary Reno Sweeney talent night, and through his astute
management, helped to move Olivor as her manager to small NYC cabarets
to headline sold-out shows at Carnegie Hall, Avery Fisher Hall, the
Greek Theater, and many more. Darrow wrote a concept musical of
Dracula, and most recently produced some of the cabaret shows of
Marcus Simeone.

With their careers meshed so indelibly together from the mid-70s
through the 2000s, Olivor, with Darrow at the helm, did her finest
work, esp. First Night and Stay the Night, which I still think are as
fresh today as they were on their respective releases in 1976 and
1978. I greatly admired Darrow's production of Olivor's recording
time, and he will be greatly missed.

There has been virtually no press on Darrow's passing, other than a
very terse obituary in a Florida newspaper. I'm sure he must still
have some friends here in the NYC area who would want to know this sad
news.

=====

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/palmbeachpost/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=137391419

Jason Darrow
Darrow, Jason, 68, of Boca Raton, FL, passed away on December 13,
2009. Avatar Cremation Service.

Published in The Palm Beach Post on December 17, 2009
Published in Sun-Sentinel on December 17, 2009

Brad Ferguson

Dec 24, 2009, 1:34:15 PM12/24/09
In article
<5a2f1bd5-e2b0-44f3...@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Diner <bway...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know anything about Jason Darrow, but Jane Olivor is terrific.
Whatever credit he should get for that, he deserves.