OT Gay-hating 'Christian patriot' caught masturbating at kiddie park

Charlene

Mar 2, 2011, 11:23:12 PM3/2/11
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/02/man_booked_with_masturbating_a.html

Southern Decadence protest leader booked with masturbating at Metairie
park

Published: Monday, February 28, 2011, 6:00 PM     Updated: Tuesday,
March 01, 2011, 5:55 PM By Michelle Hunter, The Times-Picayune

The Rev. Grant Storms, the Christian fundamentalist known for his
bullhorn protests of the Southern Decadence festival in the French
Quarter, was arrested on a charge of masturbating at a Metairie park
Friday afternoon.

Storms, 53, of 2304 Green Acres Road in Metairie, was taken into
custody at Lafreniere Park after two women reported seeing him
masturbating in the driver's seat of his van, which was parked near
the carousel and playground, a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
report said.

The first woman told deputies she was taking her children to the
playground and parked next to the van at about noon. As she was
walking around her own vehicle, she noticed the van windows were down
and the occupant was "looking at the playground area that contained
children playing, with his zipper down...," the report said. The woman
noted that he was masturbating and quickly ushered her children out of
her car.

She told a second woman, who walked to the van and also spotted the
man masturbating, the report said. The second witness told deputies
that the driver saw her and tried to conceal the zipper area of his
pants with his hand.

The two women flagged down a park employee who notified the Sheriff's
Office. The employee detained the man, later identified as Storms,
until deputies arrived.
Storms told deputies he was having lunch at the park when he decided
to urinate using a bottle instead of the restroom, the report said.

Deputies booked him with obscenity. Bond was set at $5,000, but he was
released from the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna on
Sunday because of jail crowding.
Storms could not be reached for comment on Monday.

A self-styled "Christian patriot," Storms led a small West Bank
congregation called The Reformer Church and for 10 years hosted "The
Reformer Radio Show" on WSHO. Storms has railed against the Roman
Catholic church, calling it "satanic" and "demonic."

He is especially known for arming followers with bullhorns, Bibles and
picket signs to protest Southern Decadence, the three-day gay festival
held in the French Quarter during Labor Day weekend. Storms grabbed
national attention in 2003 with his failed attempts to shut down what
Southern Decadence organizer Chuck Robinson called a peaceful festival
that celebrates gay and alternative lifestyles.

"He's done everything through the years to disturb that and try to
make it into something nasty that it's not," Robinson said. "If the
Rev. Storms is caught doing that in our city, it is ludicrous and
heinous that he would have the nerve to complain about any kind of
sexuality."

The amplified antics of Storms and his followers prompted the New
Orleans City Council to adopt ordinances banning the use of megaphones
and other such devices in the French Quarter, though the law requires
a certain decibel meter reading before it can be enforced.
Earl Bernhardt, co-owner of The Tropical Isles and two other Bourbon
Street clubs, got a temporary restraining order against Storms during
Southern Decadence 2004, then went bullhorn to bullhorn with him when
that didn't work.

"He's, in my opinion, just repulsive," Bernhardt said Monday. "I'm not
surprised at all that he got caught doing that. Serves him right.
He'll be out of our hair down here."

--

wd46

Robert Catt

Mar 3, 2011, 11:30:19 AM3/3/11
On Mar 2, 11:23 pm, Charlene <charlene.vick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Rev. Grant Storms, the Christian fundamentalist known for his
> bullhorn protests of the Southern Decadence festival in the French
> Quarter, was arrested on a charge of masturbating at a Metairie park
> Friday afternoon.

Now, in typical fashion for religious zealots, he's contrite about his
transgressions, and says so to the media. (You have to wait through a
brief ad before the news clip begins.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7CEQuNkPQU

Bo Bielefeldt AKA The Fireball

Mar 3, 2011, 11:39:23 AM3/3/11
On Mar 2, 11:23 pm, Charlene <charlene.vick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2011/02/man_booked_with_masturbat...

> Southern Decadence protest leader booked with masturbating at Metairie
> park
>
> Published: Monday, February 28, 2011, 6:00 PM     Updated: Tuesday,
> March 01, 2011, 5:55 PM By Michelle Hunter, The Times-Picayune
>
> The Rev. Grant Storms, the Christian fundamentalist known for his
> bullhorn protests of the Southern Decadence festival in the French
> Quarter, was arrested on a charge of masturbating at a Metairie park
> Friday afternoon.
>
> Storms, 53, of 2304 Green Acres Road in Metairie, was taken into
> custody at Lafreniere Park after two women reported seeing him
> masturbating in the driver's seat of his van, which was parked near
> the carousel and playground, a Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
> report said.

Meh... this story isn't as interesting as that Alabama preacher who
died a few years ago while hogtied, wearing rubber suits, and a dildo
was up his arse.

R H Draney

Mar 3, 2011, 4:11:36 PM3/3/11
Robert Catt filted:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Df7CEQuNkPQU

Gotta wonder if Western Governors University is happy about the
juxtaposition...(do other people get different ads?)...r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

BobF

Mar 3, 2011, 5:36:20 PM3/3/11

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 08:30:19 -0800 (PST), Robert Catt
<bobbyt...@gmail.com> shouted from the highest rooftop:

No longer available. At least not to me:

"The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few
minutes for the video to process.
Sorry about that."

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Robert Catt

Mar 3, 2011, 6:44:37 PM3/3/11
On Mar 3, 5:36 pm, BobF <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:

> No longer available. At least not to me:

That's odd. I just tried it again and it worked for me. I've made it
into a TinyUrl for you. See if it works for you.

http://tinyurl.com/67h45ev

BobF

Mar 3, 2011, 7:27:36 PM3/3/11

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:44:37 -0800 (PST), Robert Catt

<bobbyt...@gmail.com> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Mar 3, 5:36 pm, BobF <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote:

Thanks, Robert. Both links worked when I tried them a couple of
minutes ago. Forgive me, I have to stop and dry my eyes.

Brian Watson

Mar 4, 2011, 5:50:07 AM3/4/11

"Bo Bielefeldt AKA The Fireball" <brbthef...@gmail.com> wrote in message

: Meh... this story isn't as interesting as that Alabama preacher who

died a few years ago while hogtied, wearing rubber suits, and a dildo
was up his arse.

Plainly a "they were lying on the floor and I just stumbled and fell into
them..." accident.

Could happen to anyone.

--
Brian
www.imagebus.co.uk/shop

Brian Watson

Mar 4, 2011, 5:56:48 AM3/4/11

"Robert Catt" <bobbyt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Mar 2, 11:23 pm, Charlene <charlene.vick...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Rev. Grant Storms, the Christian fundamentalist known for his
> bullhorn protests of the Southern Decadence festival in the French
> Quarter, was arrested on a charge of masturbating at a Metairie park
> Friday afternoon.

: Now, in typical fashion for religious zealots, he's contrite about his
transgressions, and says so to the media.

Makes you wonder why he doesn't just shut up and take his penalty.

Oh, I suppose earning his keep by peddling myths and being a self-righteous
pillar of moral rectitude MIGHT have something to do with that.

Charlene

Mar 4, 2011, 9:45:10 AM3/4/11
On Mar 4, 4:56 am, "Brian Watson" <Br...@imagebus.co.uk> wrote:

> Makes you wonder why he doesn't just shut up and take his penalty.
>
> Oh, I suppose earning his keep by peddling myths and being a self-righteous
> pillar of moral rectitude MIGHT have something to do with that.

The best defence is a good offence. Scream loudly enough about how
those people over there are evil monsters, and nobody will be looking
at you.

we46

Brian Watson

Mar 4, 2011, 1:07:05 PM3/4/11

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Well if he WAS doing what he is reported as doing and is now grovellingly
apologising for (nearly) doing it, I'm glad I wasn't looking at him at the
time.

:-)

Jim Beaver

Mar 4, 2011, 2:00:53 PM3/4/11
I'm betting in private he's not as gay-hating as the subject line suggests,
either.

Jim Beaver

MWB

Mar 4, 2011, 5:24:23 PM3/4/11

He's surrounding himself with friends.

I don't know what you people call it...but in MAINE we call it a circle
jerk.

GO MAINE

Mark