Dorothy Bridges, 93: poet, widow of Lloyd

Charlene

Feb 21, 2009, 1:39:07 PM2/21/09
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/null-40014302.html
Bridges family matriarch, Dorothy, dead at 93

By: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LOS ANGELES - Dorothy Bridges, poet, widow of "Sea Hunt" actor Lloyd
Bridges and matriarch of the acting family that includes sons Jeff and
Beau, has died.

She was 93. Bridges died Monday of natural causes at her home in the
Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles, family spokeswoman Jean Sievers
said.

Born Dorothy Dean Simpson on Sept. 19, 1915, in Worcester, Mass., she
was married to Lloyd Bridges for 60 years, until his death in 1998.
The two met while performing in a play at the University of
California, Los Angeles.

Dorothy Bridges later appeared in a handful of movies and an episode
of "Sea Hunt" with her husband, whom she called Bud.

She also coached her children, said an obituary from the family.

Bridges wrote poetry for five decades. In 2005, at age 89, she
published "You Caught Me Kissing: A Love Story." It included a
collection of Valentine's Day poems she wrote to her husband each
year, a practice she continued after his death.

--

Their four children were Beau, Jeff, Cindy, and Garrett (who died in
infancy).

wd44

Jim Beaver

Feb 21, 2009, 3:17:21 PM2/21/09

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The last named for Betty Garrett, who with her husband Larry Parks, were the
Bridges's closest friends for decades, I believe. I believe the couples
were godparents to each other's children.

Jim Beaver