Maurice and Melanie Marsac, he was noted character actor, couple dies weeks apart

wazzzy

Jun 3, 2007, 9:04:14 AM6/3/07
http://www.legacy.com/LATimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=88638167

MARSAC , Maurice
MARSAC, Melanie
Maurice Marsac, a character actor , with over 100 film and television
credits , passed away on May 6, 2007. He was born in La Croix, France
on March 23 1915, served in the French Army reserves as a captain, and
worked as a secretary for the French Embassy in London until the
outbreak of WWII. He returned to France and worked for the French
underground during the war. After the war, he traveled to the United
States to sell French wines. He eventually arrived in Los Angeles to
pursue an acting career. He appeared in "To Have and Have Not" with
Humphrey Bogart, "What a Way to Go," "Take Her She's Mine", " King of
Kings", and "Can-Can" to name but a few. He often played the haughty
French waiter, as in "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. He was cast as the
French teacher in the TV series "Our Miss Brooks" with Eve Arden. He
also appeared in guest spots on countless TV shows such as "I Love
Lucy" and "Hogan's Heroes."
He and his wife Melanie were avid croquet players, participating in
many tournaments from Beverly Hills to the Bay Area. They moved to
Santa Rosa ten years ago, settling in the Oakmont neighborhood. They
traveled extensively during their married life; they especially
frequented France, and Mexico, both their respective countries of
birth. In addition to croquet, their passion was modern art.
Melanie predeceased Maurice by just three weeks, dying on April 16.
They were very much in love, and knew how to celebrate life,
throughout their fifty five years of married life. They are survived
by family in France, Mexico, and California. Please make donations to
the charity of your choice in memory of this wonderful couple.

Published in the Los Angeles Times on 6/3/2007.

Brad Ferguson

Jun 3, 2007, 9:20:08 AM6/3/07
In article <1180875854.8...@n4g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
wazzzy <enter...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maurice Marsac, a character actor , with over 100 film and television
> credits , passed away on May 6, 2007. He was born in La Croix, France
> on March 23 1915, served in the French Army reserves as a captain, and
> worked as a secretary for the French Embassy in London until the
> outbreak of WWII. He returned to France and worked for the French
> underground during the war. After the war, he traveled to the United
> States to sell French wines. He eventually arrived in Los Angeles to
> pursue an acting career. He appeared in "To Have and Have Not" with
> Humphrey Bogart, "What a Way to Go," "Take Her She's Mine", " King of
> Kings", and "Can-Can" to name but a few. He often played the haughty
> French waiter, as in "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. He was cast as the
> French teacher in the TV series "Our Miss Brooks" with Eve Arden. He
> also appeared in guest spots on countless TV shows such as "I Love
> Lucy" and "Hogan's Heroes."

He also did two episodes of "Adventures of Superman" with George Reeves
-- "The Birthday Letter" (counterfeiters kidnap little girl with polio)
and "The Girl Who Hired Superman" (spoiled heiress ripped off by
embezzlers).