SAG Awards In Memoriam

Jim Beaver

Jan 29, 2009, 4:56:07 AM1/29/09

Paul Newman

43 in all

Jim Beaver

Matthew Kruk

Jan 29, 2009, 5:03:30 AM1/29/09
"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message
news:B0fgl.1023$Lr6...@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com...
> 43 in all

And every contribution appreciated by yours humbly self.

Damn, what a year.

J.D. Baldwin

Jan 29, 2009, 8:31:27 AM1/29/09

In the previous article, Jim Beaver <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote:
> George Furth
> Van Johnson

Now that is cute. Once again, a much more thorough list than those
jackasses in charge of the Oscar tribute usually come up with.
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

Ted

Jan 29, 2009, 9:02:41 AM1/29/09
On Jan 29, 8:31 am, INVALID_SEE_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
wrote:

> Now that is cute.  Once again, a much more thorough list than those
> jackasses in charge of the Oscar tribute usually come up with.

To be fair, each organization tends to skew toward its own membership.
SAG has a pretty large number of members. If
you have film credits, you were probably a member of SAG -- hence the
seemingly more "comprehensive" listing.

The Academy has 6000 members spread over numerous branches, so they
need to try to pay tribute to musicians, art directors,
cinematographers, film editors, sound technicians, etc., etc. Also,
they do tend to skew towards people 1) who have won an
Academy Award; 2) have been nominated for an Academy Award; 3) were
members in good standing; and 4) people who made significant
contributions. They might ignore someone who many feel "should" be on
the list, but their In Memoriam is not meant to be a comprehensive
tribute to all the people who died who worked in motion pictures, but
a tribute to the Academy members and former members who died
within the last year..

mavm...@yahoo.com

Jan 29, 2009, 9:59:52 AM1/29/09

Was Estelle Reiner a member of SAG? Her resume is thin, but I would
have expected to see her included for her one very memorable scene,
and because of the good standing of her widower and son.