POL: Guess who's not coming to dinner (Roger Ebert)

Charlene

Oct 7, 2008, 11:42:11 PM10/7/08
Guess who's not coming to dinner

by Roger Ebert

I do not like you, John McCain. My feeling has nothing to do with
issues. It has to do with common courtesy. During the debate, you
refused to look Barack Obama in the eye. Indeed, you refused to look
at him at all. Even when the two of you shook hands at the start, you
used your eyes only to locate his hand, and then gazed past him as you
shook it.

Obama is my guy. If you are rude to him, you are rude to me. If you
came to dinner at my house and refused to look at or speak with one of
my guests, that would be bad manners and I would be offended. Same
thing if I went to your house. During the debate, you were America's
guest.

What was your problem? Do you hold this man in such contempt that you
cannot bear to gaze upon him? Will you not even speak to him directly?
Do you think he doesn't have the right to be running for President?

Were you angry because after you said you wouldn't attend the debate,
he said a President should be able to concern himself with two things
at the same time? He was right. The proof is, you were there. Were you
angry with him because he called your bluff?

During the debate, Jim Lehrer repeatedly called upon both candidates
to speak directly to each other. Obama looked at you. He addressed you
as "John," which as a fellow senator is his privilege. His body
language was open. You stared straight ahead, or at Lehrer, or into
space. Your jaw was clinched. You had a tight little smile, or a
grimace, or a little shake of your head.

I had to do two things at once while watching the debate. I had to
listen to what was being said. And I had to process your rigid and
contemptuous behavior. If you were at a wedding and the father of the
groom refused to look at or speak to the bride, how would that make
you feel? Especially if you were the father of the bride?

You made a TV commercial showing the moments Obama agreed with you.
Everybody knows he did. Did his agreement show honesty, or weakness?
It is significant that you said it proved he was not ready to lead.

What is the better leadership quality: (1) Willingness to listen to
your opponent, and keep an open mind? (2) Rigidly ignoring him? Which
of the two of you better demonstrated the bipartisan spirit you say
you represent? Was there anything he said that you agreed with? Could
you have brought yourself to say so?

I'm not the only one who noticed your odd, hostile behavior. Just
about everybody did. I'm sure many of your supporters must have sensed
the tension. Before the debate, pundits were wondering if you might
explode in a display of your famous temper. I think we saw that
happen, all right, but it was an implosion. I have instructed my wife
to exclude you from any future dinner parties.

--

wd44

islanders

Oct 7, 2008, 11:46:05 PM10/7/08
Looks like Ebert is still trying to score points with his black wife.

Matthew Kruk

Oct 7, 2008, 11:52:34 PM10/7/08
"islanders" <islan...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Looks like Ebert is still trying to score points with his black wife.

That is really a low comment.

Kris Baker

Oct 8, 2008, 12:01:31 AM10/8/08

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Guess who's not coming to dinner
>
> by Roger Ebert

(snippage)>

> I'm not the only one who noticed your odd, hostile behavior. Just
> about everybody did. I'm sure many of your supporters must have sensed
> the tension. Before the debate, pundits were wondering if you might
> explode in a display of your famous temper. I think we saw that
> happen, all right, but it was an implosion. I have instructed my wife
> to exclude you from any future dinner parties.
> --
>
> wd44

McCain showed his contempt again tonight, when he motioned
towards Obama and called him "that one". McCain's refusal
to acknowledge his opponent as an equal is telling, and I'm
sure it will be discussed as the debate is digested.

I met Roger Ebert a few years ago, when I volunteered at
Sundance. He was *so* gracious to everyone. He'd be welcome
at my dinner, any time.

Kris

King Daevid MacKenzie

Oct 8, 2008, 12:33:56 AM10/8/08
Matthew Kruk quotes EriKKK:

>> Looks like Ebert is still trying to score points with his black wife.
>
> That is really a low comment.

...it's a really low commentator...

--

kdm
http://kingdaevid.podbean.com/

King Daevid MacKenzie

Oct 8, 2008, 12:40:28 AM10/8/08
Kris Baker sez:

> I met Roger Ebert a few years ago, when I volunteered at
> Sundance. He was *so* gracious to everyone. He'd be welcome
> at my dinner, any time.

...indeed, Roger *is* gracious (from my own dealings with him). Just
don't invite Vincent Gallo to the same dinner. The DVD cut of THE BROWN
BUNNY turned out to be an infinitely better movie than whatever Gallo
unspooled at Cannes, but God only knows what else he'll offer to his
date at the dinner table...

islanders

Oct 8, 2008, 12:43:09 AM10/8/08
On Oct 7, 11:52�pm, "Matthew Kruk" <Matthew.K...@Telus.net> wrote:
> "islanders" <islande...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Looks like Ebert is still trying to score points with his black wife.
>
> That is really a low comment.

Try reading some of Ebert's reviews. Any movie with a black cast
especially black female cast, gets great reviews.

Charlene

Oct 8, 2008, 12:44:36 AM10/8/08
On Oct 7, 11:40 pm, King Daevid MacKenzie <KingDae...@cox.net> wrote:
> Kris Baker sez:
>
> > I met Roger Ebert a few years ago, when I volunteered at
> > Sundance.  He was *so* gracious to everyone.    He'd be welcome
> > at my dinner, any time.
>
> ...indeed, Roger *is* gracious (from my own dealings with him). Just
> don't invite Vincent Gallo to the same dinner. The DVD cut of THE BROWN
> BUNNY turned out to be an infinitely better movie than whatever Gallo
> unspooled at Cannes, but God only knows what else he'll offer to his
> date at the dinner table...

Gallo gives partial credit to Ebert for helping him fine-tune the
movie for final release. Ebert interviewed Gallo after the final cut
was released in his book "Your Movie Sucks"; it doesn't sound like the
animosity exists any more, or existed for more than a short period of
time.

Brad Ferguson

Oct 8, 2008, 12:45:56 AM10/8/08
In article <qhWGk.2584$x%.1117@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com>, Kris Baker
<kris....@prodigy.net> wrote:

> McCain showed his contempt again tonight, when he motioned
> towards Obama and called him "that one". McCain's refusal
> to acknowledge his opponent as an equal is telling, and I'm
> sure it will be discussed as the debate is digested.

This is so damned odd. It's not just that McCain is running against
Obama; he's running against a fellow Senator. There is supposed to be
a measure of collegial courtesy there. (Whether it's sincerely meant
or not has never seemed to matter.) I can't see how acting this way
helps McCain at all. His dismissal of Obama will register in all sorts
of unfortunate ways, and it was unnecessary. That's the really odd
part.

MWB

Oct 8, 2008, 12:49:42 AM10/8/08
Anyone can come to my house for food, drink and fun. ANYTIME!!!!

I will not deny food to someone that doesn't look at someone.

EVEN LOW LIFE YANKEE FANS. They're SCUM to me and I'm SCUM to them.

I won't look at them and they won't look at me.

They are welcome at my house.

I guaranteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a great time.

I GIVE EBERT A THUMBS DOWN

I'm also going to pull a Gwen IFELL here.

I have Ebert poolside

GO PEOPLE THAT CAN'T PEEEEE WHEN PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT THEM

Mark

MWB

Oct 8, 2008, 12:59:17 AM10/8/08

"Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote in message

Hillary didn't look at him.

She looked at the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

McCain looked at the AMERICAN PEOPLE

WTF???

Does everyone have to look at Obama????

Holy Shit...

GO PATRIOTS

Mark

Charlene

Oct 8, 2008, 12:59:36 AM10/8/08
On Oct 7, 11:45 pm, Brad Ferguson <thirt...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
> In article <qhWGk.2584$x%.1...@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com>, Kris Baker

They're fast:
http://www.cafepress.com/xerotopia.315025991#

And I even wonder if McCain realizes exactly *how* it will be
registered by so many people. I know a few Southerners who would
otherwise vote for him but who have been shocked by his lack of
courtesy toward a fellow senator. (Although I'm a bit more surprised
by how he treated his wife!)

From what I saw of today's debate (which admittedly was about two
minutes' worth), Obama seemed to be incisive and sharp but never rude.

wd44

Charlene

Oct 8, 2008, 1:00:04 AM10/8/08
On Oct 7, 11:49 pm, "MWB" <bick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone can come to my house for food, drink and fun. ANYTIME!!!!

Does your trophy wife know you're inviting the Internet over for
"fun"?

wd44

La N

Oct 8, 2008, 1:05:27 AM10/8/08

And I even wonder if McCain realizes exactly *how* it will be
registered by so many people. I know a few Southerners who would
otherwise vote for him but who have been shocked by his lack of
courtesy toward a fellow senator. (Although I'm a bit more surprised
by how he treated his wife!)

************************************

A political pundit made mention the other day on a TV news show that it is
an "open secret" in Washington that McCain has a personal loathing for the
man, Obama. In fact, McCain's handlers have evidently been pre-debate
coaching him on how to restrain his body language vis-a-vis his visceral
disdain for Obama, as it could work against him, i.e. gather more sympathy
for his opponent.

- nilita

Jim Beaver

Oct 8, 2008, 1:28:12 AM10/8/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:gchelt$o3d$1...@aioe.org...

He looked at 'em wavin' "bye-bye!"

MWB

Oct 8, 2008, 1:51:25 AM10/8/08

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

wd44

No problem.

She's going to Dallas for work and FORT HOOD to see our sons.

I'm alone for 10 days.

Come on down Charlene.

I need help feeding a YANKEE FAN, three cats, a dog, a rabbit and a hamster.

I have a honey do list

1. Polish my trophy

2. Don't screw up

3. Don't die

4. If you do die don't make a mess

5. Stay away from the neighbors, they hate you

6. Don't call me

7. Don't answer the phone

8. If you forget to feed the pets they will eat you

9. Don't answer the door

10. VACUUM

11. No fires in the back yard

12. No playing with yourself

13. TUBA practice 1 hour a day

14. LAUNDRY

15. Don't disappoint me again.....

HELP ME...PLEASE...PLEASE...HELP...HELP...

GO RED SOX

Mark

The Kentucky Wizard

Oct 8, 2008, 1:57:58 AM10/8/08
Upon receiving news that islanders had made the remarks below, and after
consultations with my Joint Chiefs of Staff, being briefed by members of my
Cabinet and many telephone conversations with various World Leaders, I have
come to the following conclusions:

Lemme guess, that must mean that he gives Japanese movies a slanted review.

--

Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you
with experience.

© The Wiz ®

MWB

Oct 8, 2008, 2:00:22 AM10/8/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

Not yet.

J.F.K.erry had the presidency wrapped up until they counted the votes.

I haven't had a pollster call me.

GO RED SOX

Mark

Message has been deleted

Charlene

Oct 8, 2008, 2:46:56 AM10/8/08
On Oct 8, 12:51 am, "MWB" <bick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Charlene" <charlene.vick...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 7, 11:49 pm, "MWB" <bick...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone can come to my house for food, drink and fun. ANYTIME!!!!
>
> Does your trophy wife know you're inviting the Internet over for
> "fun"?
>
> wd44
>
> No problem.
>
> She's going to Dallas for work and FORT HOOD to see our sons.

It was 31C there today. She must be dead on her feet.

> I'm alone for 10 days.
>
> Come on down Charlene.
>

> 10. VACUUM

My condolences.

GO IROBOT

wd44

Jim Beaver

Oct 8, 2008, 3:42:06 AM10/8/08

"MWB" <bic...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:gchi82$8r5$1...@aioe.org...

Oh, really? Electoral-vote.com, which translates current aggregate poll
standings into projected electoral votes shows Obama with 349 of the
necessary 270, and McCain with 174 as of Tuesday morning. The site allows
you to see what the polls/projected electorals were in the 2004 race for the
same date. Kerry had 253, Bush 264. By election day, Bush was leading
Kerry 286-252 in polls translated to projected electoral votes.

However, if what you're saying is that there's more to the vote tally than
how many voted for whom, then I'd say you're probably right. At least in
Florida and Ohio.

Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Oct 8, 2008, 3:48:33 AM10/8/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

Oh, and that prediction was right on the money. Bush won 286-251.

Jim Beaver

Laurie Mann

Oct 8, 2008, 7:09:42 AM10/8/08
> On Oct 8, 12:45 am, Brad Ferguson <thirt...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
> > In article <qhWGk.2584$x%.1...@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com>, Kris Baker
> > McCain showed his contempt again tonight, when he motioned
> > towards Obama and called him "that one".    McCain's refusal
> > to acknowledge his opponent as an equal is telling, and I'm
> > sure it will be discussed as the debate is digested.
> This is so damned odd.  It's not just that McCain is running against
> Obama; he's running against a fellow Senator.  There is supposed to be
> a measure of collegial courtesy there.  (Whether it's sincerely meant
> or not has never seemed to matter.)  I can't see how acting this way
> helps McCain at all.  His dismissal of Obama will register in all sorts
> of unfortunate ways, and it was unnecessary.  That's the really odd
> part.

It's not odd - McCain is a bad-tempered child (kind of like Bush,
though Bush generally had better control over his temper in public).
Think of the names he's reported to have called his wife. That's
particularly telling. If she had any backbone, she should have left
him and taken her hundreds of millions of dollars with him.

Laurie Mann
The Facts Don't Matter
http://www.dpsinfo.com/factsdomatter/factsdontmatter/index.html#top

J.D. Baldwin

Oct 8, 2008, 7:11:14 AM10/8/08

In the previous article, islanders <islan...@aol.com> wrote:
> Try reading some of Ebert's reviews. Any movie with a black cast
> especially black female cast, gets great reviews.

Well, I can't believe I took this seriously enough to spend 15 seconds
seeing whether he had anything nice to say about the execrable
"Waiting to Exhale." I am now forced to concede you may have a point
here.
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

Laurie Mann

Oct 8, 2008, 7:44:39 AM10/8/08
> On Oct 8, 7:09 am, Laurie Mann <laurieman...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not odd - McCain is a bad-tempered child (kind of like Bush,
> though Bush generally had better control over his temper in public).
> Think of the names he's reported to have called his wife.  That's
> particularly telling.  If she had any backbone, she should have left
> him and taken her hundreds of millions of dollars with him.

with her. Gaak.

Charlene

Oct 8, 2008, 8:39:20 AM10/8/08
On Oct 8, 6:11 am, INVALID_SEE_...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin)
wrote:

> In the previous article, islanders  <islande...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Try reading some of Ebert's reviews. Any movie with a black cast
> > especially black female cast, gets great reviews.
>
> Well, I can't believe I took this seriously enough to spend 15 seconds
> seeing whether he had anything nice to say about the execrable
> "Waiting to Exhale."  I am now forced to concede you may have a point
> here.

I didn't mind Waiting to Exhale. On the other hand, I hated that How
Stella Got Her Groove Back thing long before it turned out that the
story the movie was based on wasn't what it seemed. Ebert excoriates
the movie, but it would be hard not to. The only way you couldn't hate
it is if you didn't watch it.

wd44

Message has been deleted

islanders

Oct 8, 2008, 10:51:24 AM10/8/08
On Oct 8, 1:57�am, "The Kentucky Wizard" <KyWiz...@insightbb.com>
wrote:

reviews.

> Lemme guess, that must mean that he gives Japanese movies a slanted review.

Ta dum dum

MWB

Oct 8, 2008, 11:15:27 AM10/8/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

This is going to tighten up, a month is an eternity in politics.

I don't believe the polls anyway.

Going back to the last election, J.F.K.erry had this won going by the exit
polls. Then the vote counts started showing up.

GO PATRIOTS

Mark

Brad Ferguson

Oct 8, 2008, 11:24:23 AM10/8/08
In article
<7f505929-f611-4f8e...@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
Charlene <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeez. I thought it might take at least a day or two.

Brad Ferguson

Oct 8, 2008, 11:35:39 AM10/8/08
In article <kjcpe4p8s0ddp94u0...@4ax.com>, Terry del
Fuego <t_del...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 00:45:56 -0400, Brad Ferguson
> <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
>
> >This is so damned odd. It's not just that McCain is running against
> >Obama; he's running against a fellow Senator. There is supposed to be
> >a measure of collegial courtesy there. (Whether it's sincerely meant
> >or not has never seemed to matter.) I can't see how acting this way
> >helps McCain at all. His dismissal of Obama will register in all sorts
> >of unfortunate ways, and it was unnecessary. That's the really odd
> >part.
>

> I've probably bored everyone with this story repeatedly before, but
> back when the first Bush was running for re-election, he appeared on
> some MTV "news" show with--I think this was her name--Tabitha Soren.
> She was attempting to interview him while they were riding somewhere
> or other on a train.
>
> Granted, this was "only" MTV of all unlikely outlets, but the clearest
> memory I have of that entire election is of Bush being incredibly
> dismissive of Soren, not looking at her and seeming completely
> disinterested except for those moments when he rudely cut her off. It
> looked like the actions of a guy who really didn't want to be
> president any more and didn't especially care who knew it.

Oh, sure. I remember that interview. Tabitha Soren was a serious
broadcast journalist for an outlet not known for serious broadcast
journalism, and was trying hard; Bush was rude and awful to her. As I
recall, MTV's entire on-camera news operation consisted of Soren and a
world-weary über-cynic named Kurt Loder. Every time I saw Loder
working, I wondered how he'd managed to keep himself from jumping off a
bridge that day.

Alison Stewart was a producer there at or around the time, IIRC.

Jimmy Mac

Oct 8, 2008, 1:53:57 PM10/8/08

"Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote in message

Give McCain a break. It was a slip of the tongue. Of course he meant to
say "The One".

R H Draney

Oct 8, 2008, 2:22:58 PM10/8/08
Jimmy Mac filted:

Why would he be talking about Jet Li?...r

--
Little-known fact: About 2% of the famous
quotations credited to "Anonymous" were actually

Jimmy Mac

Oct 8, 2008, 4:03:45 PM10/8/08

"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> Jimmy Mac filted:
>>

>>"Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote in message
>>> In article
>>> <7f505929-f611-4f8e...@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Jeez. I thought it might take at least a day or two.
>>
>>Give McCain a break. It was a slip of the tongue. Of course he meant to
>>say "The One".
>
> Why would he be talking about Jet Li?...r
>

> --
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the person of whom you speak. This is The
One that McCain was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id1IKJGVkvg

R H Draney

Oct 8, 2008, 4:39:28 PM10/8/08
Jimmy Mac filted:

>"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Jimmy Mac filted:
>>>
>>>Give McCain a break. It was a slip of the tongue. Of course he meant to
>>>say "The One".
>>
>> Why would he be talking about Jet Li?...r
>>
>Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the person of whom you speak. This is The
>One that McCain was talking about:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id1IKJGVkvg

Sorry, but I can't view YouTube clips during the day...my employer considers the
entire site a violation of our Code of Conduct....

(The One I referred to is a talented and dynamic communicator)....r

Ozgirl

Oct 8, 2008, 4:46:37 PM10/8/08
R H Draney wrote:
> Jimmy Mac filted:
>>

>> "Brad Ferguson" <thir...@frXOXed.net> wrote in message
>>> In article
>>> <7f505929-f611-4f8e...@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Jeez. I thought it might take at least a day or two.
>>
>> Give McCain a break. It was a slip of the tongue. Of course he
>> meant to say "The One".
>
> Why would he be talking about Jet Li?...r

:)

Louis Epstein

Oct 8, 2008, 5:14:26 PM10/8/08

:
: It's not odd - McCain is a bad-tempered child (kind of like Bush,
: though Bush generally had better control over his temper in public).
: Think of the names he's reported to have called his wife. That's
: particularly telling. If she had any backbone, she should have left
: him and taken her hundreds of millions of dollars with him.

Remember that she wanted him to leave his first wife for her;
I don't expect her to be a moral paragon.

-=-=-

Jimmy Mac

Oct 8, 2008, 5:31:39 PM10/8/08

> Jimmy Mac filted:
>>
>>"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> Jimmy Mac filted:

>>> Why would he be talking about Jet Li?...r
>>>
>>Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the person of whom you speak. This is
>>The
>>One that McCain was talking about:
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id1IKJGVkvg
>
> Sorry, but I can't view YouTube clips during the day...my employer
> considers the
> entire site a violation of our Code of Conduct....

Ah.....so you work for a republican.

> (The One I referred to is a talented and dynamic communicator)....r

Yes. I see he is a Kung Fu fighter. Perhaps he wrote that song about Kung
Fu Fighting a while back.

R H Draney

Oct 8, 2008, 6:15:31 PM10/8/08
Jimmy Mac filted:

>"R H Draney" <dado...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

>> (The One I referred to is a talented and dynamic communicator)....r
>
>Yes. I see he is a Kung Fu fighter. Perhaps he wrote that song about Kung
>Fu Fighting a while back.

If the song you mean is the one I assume it is, this would be unlikely, as he
would have been just eleven years old when it made the charts....

Within the last six or seven years, I have heard at least two different cover
versions of the song "Kung Fu Fighting" in Chinese, played on a streaming
station in Taiwan....

Never let it be said that the Chinese don't understand irony....r

Kris Baker

Oct 8, 2008, 6:41:20 PM10/8/08

"Charlene" <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This one's great. Read the bio; he's the son of That One, Sr.

http://thatone08.com/

Kris

Kris Baker

Oct 8, 2008, 7:30:10 PM10/8/08

"Kris Baker" <kris....@prodigy.net> wrote in message

BTW, we have a local Utah "celeb" running for governor.
http://www.superdellforgovernor.com/blog.asp

Can anyone imagine Sarahdipity and this guy running
together on a Republican ticket?

Kris

Bill Schenley

Oct 8, 2008, 10:01:13 PM10/8/08

Brad Ferguson wrote:

> This is so damned odd. It's not just that McCain

> is running against Obama; he's running against

> a fellow Senator. There is supposed to be
> a measure of collegial courtesy there. (Whether it's

> sincerely meant or not has never seemed to matter.)

> I can't see how acting this way helps McCain at all.

> His dismissal of Obama will register in all sorts
> of unfortunate ways, and it was unnecessary.

> That's the really odd part.

It was appalling, but I was struck even more by Sarah Palin, in the
debate with Senator Biden, by referring to Senator Obama, a man she
has never met, as "Barack." This was after she asked Biden if it was
okay if she called *him* ... "Joe." Calling Obama by his first name
was just slightly better than referring to him as *boy*.

La N

Oct 8, 2008, 10:34:46 PM10/8/08

"Bill Schenley" <stra...@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

Speaking as a non-American, many of us "furriners" find the McCain/Palin
rhetoric appalling. Not just McCain/Palin, but some of the posters in this
group make me tend to wonder if your country really has moved past the
colonial days WRT race issues. Oh, and that economic thingamobob c/o the
greedy (corporate) pigs at the trough that is taking all of us in the globe
down.

May Bog help the U.S. of A.

- nilita

islanders

Oct 8, 2008, 10:43:11 PM10/8/08
On Oct 8, 10:01�pm, Bill Schenley <stray...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

�Calling Obama by his first name
> was just slightly better than referring to him as *boy*.- Hide quoted text -

Like Jimmy Carter did?

Bill Schenley

Oct 8, 2008, 10:55:13 PM10/8/08
> Calling Obama by his first name
>
> > was just slightly better than referring to him as
> > *boy*.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Like Jimmy Carter did?

Is Jimmy Carter running for office? Man, that guy
was sooooo last century ...

You'd think the Republicans would at least make an
attempt to enter the 21st cent ... What am I thinking ...
You kids haven't even left the 19th century ...

Bermuda999

Oct 9, 2008, 12:19:21 AM10/9/08
On Oct 8, 12:59�am, Charlene <charlene.vick...@gmail.com> wrote:

What is that comma doing there?

King Daevid MacKenzie

Oct 9, 2008, 4:46:32 PM10/9/08
R H Draney and Jimmy Mac thus converse:

>>> (The One I referred to is a talented and dynamic communicator)....r
>> Yes. I see he is a Kung Fu fighter. Perhaps he wrote that song about Kung
>> Fu Fighting a while back.
>
> If the song you mean is the one I assume it is, this would be unlikely, as he
> would have been just eleven years old when it made the charts....

...well, the song *was* pretty damned childish, wasn't it?...

> Within the last six or seven years, I have heard at least two different cover
> versions of the song "Kung Fu Fighting" in Chinese, played on a streaming
> station in Taiwan....
>
> Never let it be said that the Chinese don't understand irony....

...hopefully, those versions of that song were better done than the
French-language version of "Disco Duck" that I encountered in Quebec in
1980...

--

kdm
http://kingdaevid.podbean.com/
http://amp.az/home/User/KingDaevid
peace 'n oranges...

King Daevid MacKenzie

Oct 9, 2008, 4:58:36 PM10/9/08
Kris Baker sez:

> BTW, we have a local Utah "celeb" running for governor.
> http://www.superdellforgovernor.com/blog.asp
>
> Can anyone imagine Sarahdipity and this guy running
> together on a Republican ticket?

...well, being on the Libertarian ticket, he hasd as much of a chance as
Wolfman Jack did for Governor of California in '66. In fact, not even
that much of a chance, since the Wolfman had a larger nightly audience
than SuperDell...

islanders

Oct 13, 2008, 11:50:54 AM10/13/08
On Oct 8, 10:55�pm, Bill Schenley <stray...@neo.rr.com> wrote:

> Is Jimmy Carter running for office? �Man, that guy
> was sooooo last century ...

He is the elder statesman of tge assholeocrat party.

Bill Schenley

Oct 13, 2008, 12:32:54 PM10/13/08
> > Is Jimmy Carter running for office? Man, that guy
> > was sooooo last century ...
>
> He is the elder statesman of tge assholeocrat party.

Hey ... How's that "partisan" Troopergate investigation working out
for you? You know, the one that was predominately Republicans ...