Re: David Carradine found hanging by his neck and genitals

sheesh

Jun 4, 2009, 1:29:29 PM6/4/09
"Anthony Allende" <all...@socal.rr.com> wrote:

>Kill Bill star David Carradine dies at 72
>Thu, Jun 04 2009 17:27 CET byGabriel Hershman 831 Views
>Film star David Carradine, star of cult TV series Kung Fu and later Quentin
>Tarantino's Kill Bill series, died today in Thailand.
>
>Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting
>in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday morning.
>
>The local Bangkok newspaper, The Nation, cited unidentified police sources
>as saying Carradine was believed to have committed suicide and had hanged
>himself with a curtain cord in his suite at the Park Nai Lert Hotel.

I always wonder why old geezers commit suicide. They're already near
the finish line. Couldn't they hang on for just a little while longer?

Kalki02

Jun 4, 2009, 1:40:07 PM6/4/09
On Jun 4, 12:29�pm, sheesh <s...@eeee.sh> wrote:

Wonder if Grasshopper made it to Nirvana. (Inside joke for old Kung
Fu fans).

Kalki

Michael Black

Jun 4, 2009, 1:45:18 PM6/4/09
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, sheesh wrote:

> I always wonder why old geezers commit suicide. They're already near
> the finish line. Couldn't they hang on for just a little while longer?

Well since they are older, there is less they lose by killing themselves.

There also may be issues of running out of money, no friends remaining
since they've already died, disability that prevents them from doing
things, illness of some kind. Maybe a general tiredness. It might
be something as simple as being referred to as "old geezers".

72 isn't particularly old anymore.

Michael

suzee

Jun 4, 2009, 1:51:44 PM6/4/09

No it isn't. Both my parents lived to 91, not unusual in their families.
My mom's older brother (96) and 2 younger sisters (now about 88 and 90)
are still alive.

Melani...@hotmail.com

Jun 4, 2009, 2:32:26 PM6/4/09

Sincemost of the the people who post here are hardly more than
teenies,
35 is considered pension age.

Poor David Carradine! This makes one want to stick to the plain old
"missionary" position.

Melanie

robertpny

Jun 4, 2009, 2:47:54 PM6/4/09
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.09...@darkstar.example.net>,
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

Maybe it was not intentional?

If the genitals were tied as well, could it be some kind of auto-erotic
asphyxiation?

suzee

Jun 4, 2009, 2:56:01 PM6/4/09

Or even some in their 20s would consider 50+ 'elderly'.

Apairateef

Jun 4, 2009, 3:26:16 PM6/4/09

I remember thinking at 17 that 30 was old lol

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Kris Baker

Jun 4, 2009, 3:43:11 PM6/4/09
"suzee" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message

Where is "here"? rec.sport.pro-wrestling? And why is r.s.p-w
even on the crosspost list?

I don't know *anyone* on Usenet who admits to being under 40.

Usenet is the domain of us who've been on the 'net for years,
not the twitter flitters.

Kris

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hunter

Jun 4, 2009, 3:57:25 PM6/4/09
In article <no0g25h6jbiloh5ot...@4ax.com>, s...@eeee.sh
says...
---
One, 72 isn't that old anymore and from what I have seen he was VERY
spry, more like 52 than 72.

Two, I am not ready to believe these first reports yet of suicide
given they found him in a wardrobe/closet with a rope around his neck
(but that doesn't necessarily mean hung) and if first reports are
true around his privates. It could had been a matter of kinky sex
gone wrong-or murder.

Believe me, I am not holding it against him if it was a sex game that
went afoul, it is his private life, I am just saying it is a
possibility. I don't think many people commit suicide with their
genitals in a compromising position. They usually make sure they go
with some dignity no matter how depressed they are, even if it they
chose to jump out in front of a train.

Again, there is also the possibility of murder.

I recommend waiting for further reports.
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

Twitchell

Jun 4, 2009, 4:08:01 PM6/4/09
In article <78qmb0F...@mid.individual.net>, Kris Baker says...

>"suzee" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message
>> Melani...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Sincemost of the the people who post here are hardly more than
>>> teenies, 35 is considered pension age.
>>
>> Or even some in their 20s would consider 50+ 'elderly'.
>

>Where is "here"? rec.sport.pro-wrestling? And why is r.s.p-w
>even on the crosspost list?

I show that poster named 'sheesh' added rec.arts.tv, alt.suicide.holiday,
alt.obituaries, and rec.sport.pro-wrestling to the thread.

Go figure. Maybe 'sheesh' could enlighten us.

twitch

chrysler5thavenue

Jun 4, 2009, 4:17:59 PM6/4/09
The media isn't exactly telling the whole truth. Here's an analysis
of the media's handling of the story:
http://chrysler5thavenue.blogspot.com/2009/06/david-carradine-kills-himself-jerking.html

gryphon801

Jun 4, 2009, 4:24:09 PM6/4/09
On Jun 4, 2:17 pm, chrysler5thavenue <chrysler5thave...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The media isn't exactly telling the whole truth.  Here's an analysis
> of the media's handling of the story:http://chrysler5thavenue.blogspot.com/2009/06/david-carradine-kills-h...

Are we sure it was suicide? Could he have been murdered as part of a
wierd plot of some kind? Who benefits by his death? By the way, he
was younger than I am, so I can't see age as the cause of or
contributing to his death.

Hunter

Jun 4, 2009, 4:24:12 PM6/4/09
In article <h099j...@drn.newsguy.com>,
Twitchel...@newsguy.com says...
---
I'm not at all anti-crossposting. I think some people go overboard
the other way removing *all* crosspost even if they are very relevant
to the subject. That said, in this case all the crosspost except
rec.sport.pro-wrestling is relevant. I don't know why so many people
feel the need to add rec.sport.pro-wrestling even if it has exactly
no relevance to the subject matter-unless someone is ready to tell me
Carradine was a wrestler in high school or something.

Mac Breck

Jun 4, 2009, 5:19:37 PM6/4/09
Michael Black wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, sheesh wrote:
>
>> I always wonder why old geezers commit suicide. They're already near
>> the finish line. Couldn't they hang on for just a little while
>> longer?
>>
> Well since they are older, there is less they lose by killing
> themselves.
>
> There also may be issues of running out of money, no friends remaining
> since they've already died, disability that prevents them from doing
> things, illness of some kind. Maybe a general tiredness.

Maybe they're fed up with all the bullshit of the world, and can't stand
to look at for one second longer. Some people reach that point more
quickly than others.

--
Mac Breck (KoshN)
-------------------------------

Mac Breck

Jun 4, 2009, 5:27:10 PM6/4/09

Maybe you'll be in their shoes one day, and will know.

PyrateJohn

Jun 4, 2009, 5:28:34 PM6/4/09
On Jun 4, 1:47 pm, robertpny <robertp...@mac.com> wrote:

> If the genitals were tied as well, could it be some kind of auto-erotic
> asphyxiation?

Presumably he didn't breathe through his penis, but who knows ... ;)

I've read a couple of theories. One was that the director of the
flick was so PO'd with him not being businesslike that they tied a
cord around his privates. One yank, and he had an incentive to
concentrate.

Seriously, yes, he's probably in Heaven having a smoke and telling
jokes with Michael Hutchence.

~~~~
--PirateJohn--

http://www.PirateJohn.com

And the new blog at http://pyratejohn.blogspot.com
~~~~

Kris Baker

Jun 4, 2009, 5:32:02 PM6/4/09
"PyrateJohn" <Pyrat...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Seriously, yes, he's probably in Heaven having a
> smoke and telling jokes with Michael Hutchence.
>
> ~~~~
> --PirateJohn--

Damn. You HAD to do that.

Kris

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mac Breck

Jun 4, 2009, 5:55:01 PM6/4/09

I don't know anything about him, and only ever saw him in Kung Fu and
Circle of Iron, but murder would seem more likely. Maybe somebody
wanted him dead and wanted to tarnish the public's memory of him?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001016/
Good grief, look how busy he was! 14 projects in 2009 alone. He
certainly wasn't hurting for work.

> Believe me, I am not holding it against him if it was a sex game that
> went afoul, it is his private life, I am just saying it is a
> possibility. I don't think many people commit suicide with their
> genitals in a compromising position. They usually make sure they go
> with some dignity

Agreed. [rhetorical]Who would want to be remembered with a tag line
"David Carradine found hanging by his neck and genitals." ?
[/rhetorical]

From his father's IMDb Bio. "Never do anything you wouldn't want to be
caught dead doing."

> no matter how depressed they are, even if it they
> chose to jump out in front of a train.
>
> Again, there is also the possibility of murder.

That seems more likely.

> I recommend waiting for further reports.

Agreed.

Lord Gow333, Dirk Benedict's newest fan!

Jun 4, 2009, 5:58:33 PM6/4/09

"Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "suzee" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message
>> Melani...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Sincemost of the the people who post here are hardly more than
>>> teenies, 35 is considered pension age.
>>
>> Or even some in their 20s would consider 50+ 'elderly'.
>

> Where is "here"? rec.sport.pro-wrestling?

Nope. We're old farts too. We only act like juvenile delinquents.

>And why is r.s.p-w
> even on the crosspost list?

RSPW is EVERYWHERE!!!

> I don't know *anyone* on Usenet who admits to being under 40.
>
> Usenet is the domain of us who've been on the 'net for years,
> not the twitter flitters.

It has a nice slow pace.

Damn young texting hooligans anyway...

LG (41)
--
RSPW Hall of Fame Class of 2008!

Lord Gow333, Dirk Benedict's newest fan!

Jun 4, 2009, 6:00:03 PM6/4/09

"Hunter" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

This from a guy named Hunter...

LG

Scott H

Jun 4, 2009, 6:05:31 PM6/4/09

Hunter is trying to keep RSPW down!

teh_bede

Jun 4, 2009, 6:52:55 PM6/4/09

"Twitchell" <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in message
all forms of accidental death caused by masturbation are on-topic for RSPW.

�~����u�~�

Jun 4, 2009, 7:07:50 PM6/4/09
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:52:55 -0500, "teh_bede"
<rspwsow...@yahoo.com>wrote:

Poor curious, I still miss him

Anthony Allende

Jun 4, 2009, 7:12:19 PM6/4/09

"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
MORE likely? I guess this is how conspiracy theories start.

Del

Jun 4, 2009, 7:31:46 PM6/4/09

"Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote > I remember thinking at 17
that 30 was old lol

You weren't alone.

Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
Democratic Society (SDS)
who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those days.
It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
three decades now.

30 was INDEED OLD in Logan's society (see "Logan's Run"). That's what
made Logan run.

Del

Mac Breck

Jun 4, 2009, 7:37:34 PM6/4/09

Yes, maybe, sans proof of what happened, I prefer not to think the worst
of the guy.

Kris Baker

Jun 4, 2009, 8:13:34 PM6/4/09
"Mac Breck" <macthe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hunter wrote:
>>
>> Again, there is also the possibility of murder.
>
> That seems more likely.

Two words: bull. shit.

Kris

Message has been deleted

Michael Black

Jun 4, 2009, 8:46:47 PM6/4/09

Timothy Leary was 48 in '68, so not only is it unlikely he said it,
he didn't say it.

I thought it was Jerry Rubin who said it, but apparently it was
Jack Weinberger who was involved in the Free Speech Movement at
Berkeley in the early sixties.

"Logan's Run" had the expiry age as 21. When the book was
turned into the movie, they upped it to 30.

The opposite of that was "Wild in the Streets", where the voting
age was lowered, even below the 18 that there was campaigning for
at the time, and so the youngest president gets elected as a result
of the youth vote.

Michael

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 4, 2009, 8:47:21 PM6/4/09
"Del" <deln...@att.net> wrote in

> "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote > I remember thinking at 17
> that 30 was old lol
>

> You weren't alone.
>
> Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
> Democratic Society (SDS)
> who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those days.
> It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
> three decades now.
>
> 30 was INDEED OLD in Logan's society (see "Logan's Run"). That's what
> made Logan run.

I enjoy getting stares from kids, as I drive down the street bopping to
loud rock and roll.

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 4, 2009, 8:50:37 PM6/4/09
Hunter <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in

Most likely, there is the possibility that someone helping him with his
kinky sex ran out after an accident. Remember how John Belushi died,
after someone else injected him with a heroin coketail?

Mac Breck

Jun 4, 2009, 8:53:52 PM6/4/09

One word: shithead.

%

Jun 4, 2009, 9:17:15 PM6/4/09
a 15 foot gator in heat in the bath tub

Del

Jun 4, 2009, 9:31:03 PM6/4/09

"Michael Black" <et...@ncf.ca> wrote in message

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Del wrote:
>
>> "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote > I remember thinking at
>> 17
>> that 30 was old lol

>> You weren't alone.
>>
>> Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
>> Democratic Society (SDS)
>> who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those
>> days.
>> It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
>> three decades now.
>>
>> 30 was INDEED OLD in Logan's society (see "Logan's Run"). That's
>> what
>> made Logan run.
>>
> Timothy Leary was 48 in '68, so not only is it unlikely he said it,
> he didn't say it.

When you're on LSD you can say any thing at any time.

Del

%

Jun 4, 2009, 9:50:25 PM6/4/09

Bob Feigel

Jun 4, 2009, 10:28:15 PM6/4/09
[Default] On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:32:02 -0500, "Kris Baker"
<paralle...@gmail.com> magnanimously proffered:

Especially since it's not true.

The coroner in the Hutchece death ruled that his death was a suicide
and ruled OUT the auto erotic asphyxiation rumour that still persists
despite the coroner's ruling.

The coroner also addresses the issue of auto erotic asphyxiation in
the Hutchence case in his recent book "Coroner" and reiterates that
this is just a baseless rumour perpetuated by people who don't know
any better.

INQUEST INTO THE DEATH OF MICHAEL KELLAND HUTCHENCE

I have received a completed police brief into the death of Michael
Kelland Hutchence on 22nd November, 1997, at Ritz Carlton Hotel,
Double Bay. I am satisfied that the cause of death was "hanging". I am
also satisfied that there was no other person involved in causing the
death.

The question of whether the death was a suicide or not has to be
considered. The deceased was found at 11.50am naked behind the door to
his room. He had apparently hanged himself with his own belt and the
buckle broke away and his body was found kneeling on the floor and
facing the door.

It has been suggested that the death resulted from an act of auto
eroticism. However, there is no forensic or other evidence to
substantiate this suggestion. I therefore, discount that manner of
death.

With regard to the question of suicide I have to be satisfied on a
strong balance of probabilities before I am able to come to such a
conclusion. There is a presumption against suicide. Having considered
the extensive brief I am satisfied that the standard required to
conclude that this death was a suicide has been reached for the
following reasons:

(1) Michelle Bennett, a former de-facto of the deceased, received two
telephone calls from him on the morning of the 22nd November. The
first was on an answering machine and Mr Hutchence sounded "drunk".
During the second call at 9.54am the deceased commenced to cry and
according to Ms Bennett sounded "very upset". She was concerned about
his demeanour and for his welfare and told him she would come
immediately. However, when she arrived at the hotel she was not able
to rouse him by knocking loudly on his door nor by ringing him. She
wrote a note and left it at reception. Ms Bennett stated that Mr
Hutchence never expressed previous inclinations regarding suicide.

(2) The deceased's father, Kelland Hutchence, dined with him the
previous night. The deceased was in good spirits, however appeared
very worried in regard to the outcome of a custody suit in London. Mr
Hutchence could offer no explanation as to why his son would take his
own life.

(3) Ms Kym Wilson and Mr Andrew Rayment were with the deceased in his
hotel room from sometime after 11pm and left about 5am. According to
Ms Wilson the deceased appeared to want both of them to remain with
him to offer support if the result of his custody hearing was
unfavourable. His mood was described as "elevated, however pensive
when discussing court proceedings". All three persons consumed
alcohol, including vodka, beer and champagne together with cocktails
during this time.

(4) Whilst Ms Wilson and Mr Rayment were in the room (when) Ms Martha
Troup, the deceased's personal manager, rang from New York. Then later
at 9.38am she received, via voice-mail, a call from Michael Hutchence
in which he said: "Marth, Michael here. I f...ing had enough." She
rang the hotel immediately and the telephone rang out. A further call
was received at 9.50am on Ms Troup's telephone answering machine. The
deceased sounded as if he was affected by something and was slow and
deep. This call worried Ms Troup and (she) spoke to John Martin the
tour manager for INXS about her concerns. Mr Martin refers to a note
received from the deceased stating that he was "not going to
rehearsals today". The rehearsal was to be the last one prior to the
start of the tour and was quite important.

(5) Ms Paula Yates provided a statement. She provided background to
the custody dispute between her and Sir Robert Geldof. She stated that
she rang the deceased at some time prior to 5.38am on the 22nd
November and he told her he was going to beg Geldof to let the
children come out to Australia. She had told the deceased that the
custody matter had not been finalised and was adjourned until the 17th
December and she would not be bringing the children out. Ms Yates
stated that the deceased sounded "desperate" during the conversation.

(6) Sir Robert Geldof received two telephone calls from the deceased,
the first at about 6.30pm London time on (the) evening of 21st
November. It was of a short duration and Geldof asked the deceased to
call back. The second call was received by Geldof about 5.30am on 22nd
November, Sydney time. This call was of some length. Geldof refers to
the deceased's demeanour as being "hectoring and abusive and
threatening" in nature. He refers to the deceased as "begging" to
allow him to let the children come to Australia. He did not sound
depressed during the conversation. A friend of both Geldof and Paula
Yates, Ms Belinda Brewin, confirms the substance of the conversation
between the two. A statement obtained from a Gail Coward, the occupant
of the room directly next to the deceased's room, alludes to her
hearing a loud male voice and expletives emitting from the deceased's
room about 5am that morning. I am satisfied that she was hearing the
telephone conversation between the deceased and Geldof.

(7) A statement obtained from the mother of the deceased, Mrs Patricia
Glassop, confirms her opinion that the deceased was in a depressed
state.

(8) In December 1995, Michael Hutchence was first prescribed Prozac by
Dr J. Borham, a London medical practitioner, to treat a pre-existing
depressive problem. He was last so prescribed on 1st November, 1997. A
London psychiatrist, Mr Mark Collins, was consulted by the deceased on
17th October, 1997 in regard to a minor depression being experienced
by him. According to the doctor there was no hint of suicidal thinking
by the deceased.

(9) An analysis report of the deceased's blood indicates the presence
of alcohol, cocaine, Prozac and other prescription drugs. On
consideration of the entirety of the evidence gathered I am satisfied
that the deceased was in a severe depressed state on the morning of
the 22nd November, 1997, due to a number of factors, including the
relationship with Paula Yates and the pressure of the on-going dispute
with Sir Robert Geldof, combined with the effects of the substances
that he had ingested at that time. As indicated I am satisfied that
the deceased intended and did take his own life.

I am also satisfied that this death is one in which nothing will be
gained by holding a formal Inquest. The identity of the deceased, the
date and place of death and the manner and cause of death are clearly
set out and the time and expense of holding an Inquest is not
warranted and therefore such will be dispensed with. May I offer to
the family of Michael Hutchence my sincere condolences on their sad
loss.

INQUEST DISPENSED WITH.

(D.W. HAND)
NSW STATE CORONER
Glebe. 6th February, 1998

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

R H Draney

Jun 4, 2009, 10:55:27 PM6/4/09
Michael Black filted:

>On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Del wrote:
>
>> Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
>> Democratic Society (SDS)
>> who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those days.
>> It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
>> three decades now.
>
>I thought it was Jerry Rubin who said it, but apparently it was
>Jack Weinberger who was involved in the Free Speech Movement at
>Berkeley in the early sixties.

I remember a small item in the papers when Weinberger turned thirty himself....

And I hereby lay claim to having originated the following variation on a similar
statement a few years later:

We are the parents our people warned us about.

....r

--
A pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
An optometrist asks whether you see the glass

Hunter

Jun 5, 2009, 12:59:28 AM6/5/09
In article <KLGdnYNx_tNC3rXX...@posted.localnet>,
lor...@yahoo.com says...
---
And the relevance of my screen nym to the subject is.....?
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

Del

Jun 5, 2009, 1:15:39 AM6/5/09

"Michael Black" <et...@ncf.ca> wrote in message
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Del wrote:
>
>> "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote > I remember thinking at
>> 17
>> that 30 was old lol

>> You weren't alone.
>>
>> Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
>> Democratic Society (SDS)
>> who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those
>> days.
>> It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
>> three decades now.
>>
>> 30 was INDEED OLD in Logan's society (see "Logan's Run"). That's
>> what
>> made Logan run.

> "Logan's Run" had the expiry age as 21. When the book was

> turned into the movie, they upped it to 30.

21? I could have lived with that-----if they had lowered
the drinking age to 5. 21? Just when a dude thought he could get
a cold beer!

Del

Charlene

Jun 5, 2009, 1:46:14 AM6/5/09
On Jun 4, 7:19 pm, Terry del Fuego <t_del_fu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:17:59 -0700 (PDT), chrysler5thavenue
>
> <chrysler5thave...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The media isn't exactly telling the whole truth.  Here's an analysis
> >of the media's handling of the story:
> >http://chrysler5thavenue.blogspot.com/2009/06/david-carradine-kills-h...
>
> It's interesting that being depressed enough to commit suicide is
> "family friendly" and freely reported while dying doing what he loved
> is such a horrible secret.  (And if that sounds disrespectful or
> flippant, it's not meant to be.)

It's more family-friendly to get your kicks above the waistline,
sunshine.

wd45

Apairateef

Jun 5, 2009, 2:53:38 AM6/5/09

Ohhh yeahhh god i loved that film when it first came out....i was so much
younger lol.....i loved the bit where the youngans touched the wrinkles and
asked if they hurt lol

�~����u�~�

Jun 5, 2009, 5:32:05 AM6/5/09
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 00:59:28 -0400, Hunter
<buffh...@my-deja.com>wrote:

STOP NO SELLING THE POST!

goldenc...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2009, 7:53:16 AM6/5/09
On Jun 4, 12:43 pm, "Kris Baker" <parallelcoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Usenet is the domain of us who've been on the 'net for years,
> not the twitter flitters.

Twitter. An EXCEPTIONALLY appropriate and descriptive designation.

www.Shemakhan.com

goldenc...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2009, 8:03:12 AM6/5/09
On Jun 4, 11:53 pm, "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote:

> Ohhh yeahhh god i loved that film when it first came out....i was so much
> younger lol.....i loved the bit where the youngans touched the wrinkles and
> asked if they hurt lol

"Ah, but I was so much older then...I'm younger than that now." -The
Byrds

;^)

www.Shemakhan.com

Michael Black

Jun 5, 2009, 10:40:53 AM6/5/09

The only problem is, that's a Bob Dylan song.

Michael

Metalhead Jay

Jun 5, 2009, 11:50:51 AM6/5/09
I'm in shock! He was a great actor and I enjoyed many of his films. I
honestly think that foul play may have been involved here. Many people
have said that he wasn't suicidal or depressed in the least. That he
was quite happy and very well off financially, not to mention having
many movie projects lined up. I think that if he was going to commit
suicide, he would have at least left a note or letter explaining why.
It could have been a sex act gone bad or perhaps he had a heart attack
in the process. I don't know but something seems extremely fishy here.

MC

Jun 5, 2009, 11:52:58 AM6/5/09
In article
<9780fdce-5899-4ab9...@j20g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
Metalhead Jay <jason...@netzero.net> wrote:

Look up autoerotic asphyxiation.

Easy come, easy go.

--

"Here I am paying big money to you writers and what for?
All you do is change the words."

Melani...@hotmail.com

Jun 5, 2009, 12:11:05 PM6/5/09
On 4 Jun., 21:26, "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote:
> suzee wrote:

> > Melanie_Sa...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> Sincemost of the  the people who post here are hardly more than
> >> teenies, 35 is considered pension age.
>
> > Or even some in their 20s would consider 50+ 'elderly'.
>
> I remember thinking at 17 that 30 was old lol
>
> S- -

Well, for what it's worth, when I was 14 I had a huge crush on a guy
who
was 28, (we kissed a lot, it was thrilling) and when I was 15, I had a
huge crush on a 32-year old Hungarian who looked like Herb Alpert,
and a 30 year-old chorus singer at the Opera and an 18 year-old
guy with frizzy hair (not at the same time, of course.)

Then up to five years ago I enlarged my horizons by flirting
with 21 year-olds (okay, so they were Italians, they flirt with
EVERYONE).
In the past five years I've had no flirts because I'm too busy
working.
:-(

So anyway I never really understood this "age thing".

Neither does my mother. She's 80, looks like 65 and is hugely
active all over the country as a tour guide - walking up and
down the mountains and everything!
How cool is that!

Have you checked out David Carradine's website? I didn't know
he was into art work and had written some books. One just
remembers that Kung Fu series and him as the bad guy in
"North and South" with Parick Swayze and Leslie Ann Down.

Melanie

R H Draney

Jun 5, 2009, 2:48:03 PM6/5/09
Melani...@hotmail.com filted:

>Well, for what it's worth, when I was 14 I had a huge crush on a guy
>who
>was 28, (we kissed a lot, it was thrilling) and when I was 15, I had a
>huge crush on a 32-year old Hungarian who looked like Herb Alpert,
>and a 30 year-old chorus singer at the Opera and an 18 year-old
>guy with frizzy hair (not at the same time, of course.)

Hmph...when I was 25 I started dating a woman who was 41 and looked like porn
star Kay Parker....

>Have you checked out David Carradine's website? I didn't know
>he was into art work and had written some books. One just
>remembers that Kung Fu series and him as the bad guy in
>"North and South" with Parick Swayze and Leslie Ann Down.

Right about now he's being buttonholed by Woody Guthrie about all the things he
got wrong when he made "Bound For Glory"....r

Hunter

Jun 5, 2009, 3:33:21 PM6/5/09
In article <cd1a0c44-0b53-4006-9cf8-
a6d1bf...@h2g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>, Melani...@hotmail.com
says...
---
OH YEAH!!!! I totally forgot about that. He was that vicious Simon
Legree like slave master who pronounced "wife" "wiff" who he beat as
much as his slaves. He was great.

Vandelack

Jun 5, 2009, 3:38:55 PM6/5/09
On Jun 4, 11:29 am, sheesh <s...@eeee.sh> wrote:

> "Anthony Allende" <alle...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> >Kill Bill star David Carradine dies at 72
> >Thu, Jun 04 2009 17:27 CET byGabriel Hershman 831 Views
> >Film star David Carradine, star of cult TV series Kung Fu and later Quentin
> >Tarantino's Kill Bill series, died today in Thailand.
>
> >Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid sitting
> >in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday morning.

Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
Whose every move's among the purest
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 5, 2009, 6:39:03 PM6/5/09
Vandelack <Vand...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Jun 4, 11:29�am, sheesh <s...@eeee.sh> wrote:
>> "Anthony Allende" <alle...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>> >Kill Bill star David Carradine dies at 72
>> >Thu, Jun 04 2009 17:27 CET byGabriel Hershman 831 Views
>> >Film star David Carradine, star of cult TV series Kung Fu and later
>> >Quen
> tin
>> >Tarantino's Kill Bill series, died today in Thailand.
>>
>> >Thai police told the BBC the 72-year-old was found by a hotel maid
>> >sitti
> ng
>> >in a wardrobe with a rope around his neck and genitals on Thursday
>> >morni
> ng.
>>

> Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
> Whose every move's among the purest
> I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

'Til now, I thought that was "Sasha."

> One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
> The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
> You'll find a god in every golden cloister
> A little flesh, a little history
> I can feel an angel sliding up to me
>
> One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
> Not much between despair and ecstasy
> One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
> Can't be too careful with your company
> I can feel the devil walking next to me

You'd better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlors.

Hunter

Jun 6, 2009, 12:19:43 AM6/6/09
In article <kfph251h7iaosrsat...@4ax.com>,
sck...@lycos.com says...
----
What language are you speaking?

william hubbard

Jun 6, 2009, 3:11:21 AM6/6/09
On Jun 4, 5:47 pm, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:
> "Del" <delnew...@att.net> wrote innews:FPYVl.31203$yr3....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

It freaks them out real good..

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 6, 2009, 5:57:35 AM6/6/09
william hubbard <william...@bluebottle.com> wrote in

They can only have our crown if they learn to rock out.

Hunter

Jun 6, 2009, 7:10:18 AM6/6/09
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.09...@darkstar.example.net>,
et...@ncf.ca says...

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Del wrote:
>
> > "Apairateef" <arf...@flipflop.com> wrote > I remember thinking at 17
> > that 30 was old lol

> > You weren't alone.
> >
> > Circa 1968. Dr. Timothy Leary, or perhaps it was the Students for a
> > Democratic Society (SDS)
> > who said "trust no one over thirty." Some of us remember those days.
> > It was on target-----THEN. I've been moving that target for almost
> > three decades now.
> >
> > 30 was INDEED OLD in Logan's society (see "Logan's Run"). That's what
> > made Logan run.
> >
> Timothy Leary was 48 in '68, so not only is it unlikely he said it,
> he didn't say it.
>
> I thought it was Jerry Rubin who said it, but apparently it was
> Jack Weinberger who was involved in the Free Speech Movement at
> Berkeley in the early sixties.
>
> "Logan's Run" had the expiry age as 21. When the book was
> turned into the movie, they upped it to 30.
---
Twenty one? When did they start family, 12? Who were flying the
equivalent of Jet airliners 14 year olds? Seriously, I can see how a
society that mandates death at 30 years old can work. It would be a
stupid waste of people to kill those over 29, but I can see it
working with about eight years of adulthood, but no one over 21 (I've
never read the book btw)? Can you have an advanced society when you
waste your first five years of your life learning not to sh*t your
pants?

> The opposite of that was "Wild in the Streets", where the voting
> age was lowered, even below the 18 that there was campaigning for
> at the time, and so the youngest president gets elected as a result
> of the youth vote.
>
> Michael
---
Even that is a much more plausible society than the original book
Logan's run or even the TV show version. Of course I have never read
"Wild in the Streets" either...

Obveeus

Jun 6, 2009, 7:32:26 AM6/6/09

"Hunter" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> et...@ncf.ca says...

>> "Logan's Run" had the expiry age as 21. When the book was
>> turned into the movie, they upped it to 30.
> ---
> Twenty one? When did they start family, 12? Who were flying the
> equivalent of Jet airliners 14 year olds?

Clearly you have not seen the movie. Their 'world' takes place inside a
protective dome in a post appocaliptic society. Not much need for airliners
or much of anything else as an automated computer system does almost all the
work for everyone...including child creating/rearing.

> Seriously, I can see how a
> society that mandates death at 30 years old can work. It would be a
> stupid waste of people to kill those over 29, but I can see it
> working with about eight years of adulthood, but no one over 21 (I've
> never read the book btw)?

If you have limited space/resources (like when all of society lives inside a
dome) you have to practice some form of 'out with the old, in with the new'.
overpopulation is about the biggest danger that such a society would face.

> Can you have an advanced society when you
> waste your first five years of your life learning not to sh*t your
> pants?

We currently have an 'advanced' society where people waste the first 2-3
years with that issue...and the last chunk of years as well. Hopefully it
isn't 5 years at either end of the age curve.

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 7, 2009, 9:26:47 AM6/7/09
"%" <per...@gmail.com> wrote in news:KL-
dnSS25OK17LXXn...@giganews.com:

> a 15 foot gator in heat in the bath tub

That was his hillbilly sister, Emmy Lou Carradine.

Bluuuue Rajah

Jun 7, 2009, 9:27:21 AM6/7/09
MC <cope...@mapca.inter.net> wrote in

> In article
> <9780fdce-5899-4ab9...@j20g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
> Metalhead Jay <jason...@netzero.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm in shock! He was a great actor and I enjoyed many of his films. I
>> honestly think that foul play may have been involved here. Many
>> people have said that he wasn't suicidal or depressed in the least.
>> That he was quite happy and very well off financially, not to mention
>> having many movie projects lined up. I think that if he was going to
>> commit suicide, he would have at least left a note or letter
>> explaining why. It could have been a sex act gone bad or perhaps he
>> had a heart attack in the process. I don't know but something seems
>> extremely fishy here.
>
> Look up autoerotic asphyxiation.
>
> Easy come, easy go.

Then rent "Rising Sun."

Her Majesty

Jun 19, 2009, 1:42:30 PM6/19/09

> I don't know *anyone* on Usenet who admits to being under 40.

> Usenet is the domain of us who've been on the 'net for years,
> not the twitter flitters.

LOL, some of us are trans-generational. You cannot pin me down,
baby! :)