Hollis Alpert; filmcritic, novelist & fiction editor of the New Yorker

Hyfler/Rosner

Nov 25, 2007, 12:01:11 PM11/25/07
ALPERT--Hollis, Author and Film Critic, died November
18, 2007 in Naples, FL. In 19501956, he was fiction editor
at The New Yorker, a film critic for Saturday Review and
Woman's Day, a book reviewer for The New York Times, and
contributor of short stories and essays of famous film
personalities to Playboy, Esquire and Cosmopolitan. He then
became managing editor of World Magazine, and
editor-in-chief of American Film Magazine. In 1966, he
founded the National Society of Film Critics with Pauline
Kael. He wrote nine novels and several biographies of
Hollywood personalities. A compilation of his life's work
resides at Lawrence and Lee Theater Research Institute at
Ohio State University. For further details contact Lacey
King at (239) 591-8470.
Published in the New York Times on 11/25/2007.

--
Visit www.aodeadpool.com

Hyfler/Rosner

Nov 29, 2007, 10:11:19 AM11/29/07

Visit www.aodeadpool.com
"Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

I'm stunned that there's no mainstream obituary for Alpert
anywhere. He was a semi-big deal.

Charlene

Nov 29, 2007, 1:54:46 PM11/29/07
On Nov 29, 8:11 am, "Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote:
> --
> Visitwww.aodeadpool.com"Hyfler/Rosner" <rel...@rcn.com> wrote in message

It's more than stunning. You'd think someone would have noticed this
after four days!

wd43

alan.abbey

Nov 29, 2007, 2:32:18 PM11/29/07

http://www.bonitanews.com/news/2007/nov/20/famed_local_author_hollis_alpert_dies/?local_news
Bonita (FL) Daily News

Anyone know if he was Jewish?

Alan Abbey
In My Heart.org - Jewish Obituaries, Tributes

Message has been deleted

Hyfler/Rosner

Dec 4, 2007, 1:05:19 AM12/4/07

>> ALPERT--Hollis, Author and Film Critic, died
>> November 18, 2007 in Naples, FL. In 19501956, he was
>> fiction editor at The New Yorker, a film critic for
>> Saturday Review and Woman's Day, a book reviewer for The
>> New York Times, and contributor of short stories and
>> essays of famous film personalities to Playboy, Esquire
>> and Cosmopolitan. He then became managing editor of World
>> Magazine, and editor-in-chief of American Film Magazine.
>> In 1966, he founded the National Society of Film Critics
>> with Pauline Kael. He wrote nine novels and several
>> biographies of Hollywood personalities. A compilation of
>> his life's work resides at Lawrence and Lee Theater
>> Research Institute at Ohio State University. For further
>> details contact Lacey King at (239) 591-8470.
>> Published in the New York Times on 11/25/2007.
>

> I'm stunned that there's no mainstream obituary for Alpert
> anywhere. He was a semi-big deal.

No obit in the NY Times nor the New Yorker, where he worked.
Jeez. He must have been a real pain in the ass.