Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson Dies at 55 (Throbbing Gristle/Psychic TV/Coil)

Slow Motion Apocalypse

Nov 25, 2010, 2:18:25 PM11/25/10
http://www.spinner.com/2010/11/25/throbbing-gristle-peter-sleazy-christopherson-dies/

Throbbing Gristle founder Peter 'Sleazy' Christopherson died in his
sleep on Nov 24 at the age of 55.

Born in Leeds, England, the industrial music pioneer was also a
founding member of Coil and Psychic TV after Throbbing Gristle
disbanded in 1981, as well as recording solo work under the name The
Threshold HouseBoys Choir. Most recently he founded SoiSong in 2007
with Ivan Pavlov.

The news was made official today when Throbbing Gristle bandmates
Cosey Fanni Tutti and Chris Carter tweeted: "Our dearest beautiful
Sleazy left this mortal coil as he slept in peace last night.words
cannot express our grief." Other artists, like Nine Inch Nails' Trent
Reznor also took to Twitter to express their grief: "I awake to sad
news. RIP Peter Christopherson - friend and huge inspiration."

In a Quietus piece last summer, Christopherson obliquely addressed
rumours that the cancellation of SoiSong and Throbbing Gristle tour
dates were a result of his illness:

"Don't worry, I'm fine, I think :-) but remember we are all only
temporary curators of our present bodies, which will all decay, sooner
or later. In a hundred years or so ALL the humans currently alive will
have died. I take great comfort in knowing, with certainty, that thing
that makes us special, able to enrich our own lives and those of
others, will not cease when our bodies do, but will be just starting
and new (and hopefully even better) adventure...
If we don't get to meet in this Life, maybe in the next you can buy me
a beer! ,-)