Gerald Jay Markoe, composer

bway...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 12:21:09 PM3/15/09
This message, written by Mr. Markoe's co-writer Michael Colby, was
posted on Saturday, March 14 on the All That Chat message board.

Gerald Jay Markoe, composer of CHARLOTTE SWEET
Posted by: Ludlow29 01:41 pm EDT 03/14/09

Composer GERALD JAY MARKOE (1941-2009) died yesterday, March 13. He
studied at the Manhattan School of Music and the Juilliard School,
receiving Master and Bachelor of Music Degrees. His musicals —often
written with lyricist/librettist Michael Colby—have included CHARLOTTE
SWEET (Drama Desk nomination), HAPPY HAUNTING (Harry Warren Theatre),
LUDLOW LADD, DELPHI OR BUST (Amas Musical Theatre), FOREVER PETER PAN
(Gene Lang, book & lyrics) 3 Muses Theatre), and FAIR PLAY FOR EVE
(Paul Rawlings, book & lyrics; American Theatre of Actors). As
resident composer for the the late Lee Frank’s On-Stage Children (@
Hartley House), he composed such childrens’s musicals as ANDROCLES AND
THE LION, ALICE IN WONDERFLAND, and CINDERELLA UPDATE. In addition to
his theatre scores, he is the widely acclaimed composer of New Age
music. Among his New Age albums—all bestsellers which have been on the
charts—are Music From the Pleiades, Pleiadian Danses, Sacred Music
From Seven Stars, and Melodies From the Pleiades. He is survived by
his children, Jeremy Markoe and Andie Markoe-Byrne, and a sister Judy
Markoe. A service will be held on Sunday, March 15th, at 11 a.m. at
the Plaza Jewish Community Chapel, 630 Amsterdam Avenue (at the corner
of (at the corner of 91st), New York, N.Y.

Radioacti...@hotmail.com

Mar 15, 2009, 5:53:42 PM3/15/09
Anyone know if he was any relation to longtime Letterman live-in and
comic-collaborator Merrill Markoe?

Existentially,
BRYAN STYBLE/somewhere

Jane Margaret Laight

Mar 15, 2009, 8:33:20 PM3/15/09

cousins, if I'm not mistaken.

enya.b...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2009, 4:43:18 PM3/16/09
Gerald Jay Markoe Was a guitar music teacher in my school at PS/MS 194
in the Bronx district 11.He was a great teacher. When students and
teachers found out that he died, everyone cried their tears out. he
was a really great man. he inspired me in playing my guitar. if it
weren't for him, i wouldn't be holding my guitar by now. I'm really
shocked that he went to Juilliard School and the school of music in
Manhattan. Someday i'll be just like him.I didn't know he had kids. He
was a very kind man.On Christmas 2007, He gave all his student and me
a tape of his the MUSIC OF THE ANGELS

jmar...@msn.com

Apr 30, 2009, 6:05:10 PM4/30/09

I am Jerry's sister, Judy. We don't know if she is related. She and I
actually look like we could be related. I think she was from
California and our father's cousin moved there when I was very young.
We would love to know!

jmar...@msn.com

Apr 30, 2009, 6:08:28 PM4/30/09

It is so nice of you to write this about my brother. He would be so
happy to know how you feel. I hope you will continue to be inspired by
him because he was inspired by his students every day of his life. Judy

colorbr...@googlemail.com

Jun 10, 2009, 9:57:04 AM6/10/09

Hello Judy

We were very saddened to hear of Jerrys sudden passing and were his
friends here in the UK though the Colour Breathing project. I last
spoke with Jerry on skype on 07 March and sent him a funny letter from
our eldest daughter. We only heard about his passing though our
distributor. I would be really grateful if you could please connect
with me as we need to know how his children and estate wish us to
proceed with future earnings as what is so sad is that Jerry never saw
Color Breathing get to launch in the US.
Please send my love to all the family - Alison