Elizabeth Stefan 1895-2008

Louis Epstein

Apr 10, 2008, 3:35:31 AM4/10/08
Around midday Wednesday I received an email from a family member
revealing'that Elizabeth Stefan,whose 112th birthday I had attended last
may,had died early in the morning.I was asked to keep it unannounced for
some hours as a granddaughter had not yet been reached with the news.

I had hoped to see Elizabeth turn 113...she was in much better shape at
her 112th,engaged with her surroundings,compared to Emma Tillman at her
114th birthday party that I attended in November 2006.But this has been a
very bad period in the never-low supercentenarian death rate.

Elizabeth Stefan was born in Austria-Hungary but spent most of her life in
the USA,and latterly in Norwalk,Connecticut.She survived her son but
leaves a daughter and grandchildren and a great-grandson (others younger
than she have left more generations than that,of course).

-=-=-