TV producer Andrew Ackerman, 55 - "Eli Stone," "West Wing," ER," Third Watch," amongst others

Bob Feigel

Aug 1, 2008, 9:21:36 PM8/1/08
TV producer Andrew Ackerman dies

Was co-executive producer for Berlanti Television

By VARIETY STAFF

Andrew Ackerman, TV producer and former executive VP for Warner
Brothers TV, died July 27 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 55.

Most recently, Ackerman was co-executive producer for Berlanti
Television, in charge of production on "Eli Stone," for ABC.

Prior to that, he worked in the same capacity for Berlanti/Liddell
Productions, helping to bring to the small screen both "Everwood" and
"Jack & Bobby."

In 2001 Ackerman was executive VP of Production for Warner Bros.
Television, where he was responsible for overseeing the production of
all Warner Bros. Television series, including: "The West Wing," "ER,"
"The Drew Carey Show," "Friends," "Norm," "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"
and "Third Watch."

He began his career in 1977 at Lorimar Television as a production
assistant on mini-series "The Blue Knight."

After joining the Directors Guild in 1978, he served in various
capacities on such productions as "A Death in California," "Eight is
Enough," "Falcon Crest," "Kaz" and "Berengers."

In 1986, he was named director of production for Lorimar Television,
and was subsequently promoted to VP, where he supervised production on
series including "Max Headroom," "Homefront" and "Lois & Clark: The
New Adventures of Superman."

For the 1990-91 season, he was producer on "Gabriel's Fire," returning
to his post as VP, Lorimar Television, the next season. In 1993,
Lorimar Television and Warner Bros. Television merged and became
Warner Bros. Television; Ackerman maintained his post as VP,
production.

He became executive VP of production in June 1998.

Ackerman is survived by his partner Jennifer Lence, a daughter, a son
and a brother.

Donations may be made to the American Cancer Society

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117989955.html

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Garondo Marondo

Aug 1, 2008, 10:23:36 PM8/1/08

This is very sad, I've always enjoyed the shows he worked on and took
notice when I saw his name on screen.

Jim Beaver

Aug 2, 2008, 12:38:37 AM8/2/08

"Bob Feigel" <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote in message

> TV producer Andrew Ackerman dies
>
> Was co-executive producer for Berlanti Television
>
> By VARIETY STAFF
>
> Andrew Ackerman, TV producer and former executive VP for Warner
> Brothers TV, died July 27 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 55.

Scared the hell out of me, this did. A producer/director named Andy
Ackerman is a good friend of mine after several shows together. Turns out
this is a different man, but of similar age as well as name.

Jim Beaver

Bob Feigel

Aug 2, 2008, 12:58:59 AM8/2/08
[Default] On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 21:38:37 -0700, "Jim Beaver"
<jumb...@prodigy.spam> magnanimously proffered:

Although the obit didn't mention it, this Andrew is credited on IMDb
as Andrew A. Ackerman.

mavman

Aug 6, 2008, 11:21:23 PM8/6/08
On Aug 2, 12:38 am, "Jim Beaver" <jumble...@prodigy.spam> wrote:
> "Bob Feigel" <b...@surfwriter.net.not> wrote in message

> > TV producerAndrewAckerman dies

> > Was co-executive producer for Berlanti Television
>
> > By VARIETY STAFF
>
> >AndrewAckerman, TV producer and former executive VP for Warner

> > Brothers TV, died July 27 of cancer in Los Angeles. He was 55.
>
> Scared the hell out of me, this did.  A producer/director named Andy
> Ackerman is a good friend of mine after several shows together.  Turns out
> this is a different man, but of similar age as well as name.
>
> Jim Beaver

Jim,

Are you referring to the Andy Ackerman who directed a bunch of Cheers/
Wings/Frasier/Seinfeld? I don't know him, but I'm a big fan and I
made the same assumption you did when I saw the obit. But although
I'm a fan of yours and his, I would not have guessed you worked
together.

Jim Beaver

Aug 7, 2008, 4:56:46 AM8/7/08

"mavman" <mavm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jim,

------
RESPONSE:
Yeah, we did a series together, THE TROUBLE WITH NORMAL, and I also worked
with him on ANDY RICHTER CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE. I loved both shows and I
loved working with Andy.

Jim Beaver

Message has been deleted

La N

Aug 7, 2008, 9:27:27 AM8/7/08

"Terry del Fuego" <t_del...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 01:56:46 -0700, "Jim Beaver"
> <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote:
>
>>ANDY RICHTER CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE
>
> There are many pressing issues and emergencies in the world (and, for
> all I know, the galaxy) right now...but they all pale in comparison to
> the desperate need to get this entire series issued on high-quality
> DVDs as close to immediately as can be accomplished.

Note to self: Start watching tv again.

- nilita

Jim Beaver

Aug 7, 2008, 9:43:19 PM8/7/08

"La N" <nilita20...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Not NOW. THEN!

Jim Beaver

La N

Aug 7, 2008, 10:08:08 PM8/7/08

"Jim Beaver" <jumb...@prodigy.spam> wrote in message

Jeebus, Jim. I understand *you're* on TV these days.

- nilita, who has to get around to seeing what all the fuss is about .....