Jim Carlson, 74, Hollywood writer and producer

orpheus

Aug 27, 2007, 6:10:59 PM8/27/07
Jim Carlson, a long-time writer for television shows such as "Laugh-
In," "Adam-12," the original "Battlestar Galactica," "Hee-Haw" among
many others, died over the weekend at his home in Castle Rock, CO. Jim
had recently been in the hospital for heart problems, but he had a
pacemaker implanted last month, and seemed to be making good progress
back at home. He would have been 75 this week.

Jim was a wonderful guy. My family loved him like a buddy, father and
grandfather. He'd often join us on our family vacations in Hawaii and
Florida. Jim had many friends, who'd email him the best jokes on the
internet. He was still actively working on his next television show.

Morey Amsterdam was Jim's mentor and helped Jim get into the comedy
business.

Everyone will miss him, especially at Friday night cocktails in
downtown Castle Rock.

Jim leaves three great kids; Kathy, Mark and Jeff.

One of Jim's best "Laugh-In" jokes, (and one he still got residuals
for), was an exchange between Artie Johnson (the dirty old man) and
Ruth Buzzi, (the little old lady).
Johnson says to Buzzi, "Do you believe in the hereafter?"
Buzzi says "Yes"
Johnson says, "Then you know what I'm here after"
Cue Buzzi hitting Johnson over the head with her handbag.

Goodbye my dear friend, we will look forward to your new jokes (even
the bad ones) on the other side.