Healthwatch: Rep. Nita Lowey (D-NY), nearly faints at Clinton rally

Charlene

Feb 3, 2008, 8:25:28 AM2/3/08
Congresswoman Falls Ill at Clinton Rally

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: February 3, 2008
Filed at 3:37 a.m. ET

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) -- Rep. Nita Lowey was hospitalized in New
York City after nearly fainting at a suburban campaign rally for
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Lowey, 70, was taken Saturday to New York-Presbyterian Hospital, where
she was spending the night under observation ''as a precautionary
measure,'' Matthew Dennis, the congresswoman's spokesman, told The New
York Times for a story posted on its Web site.

''She's awake, she's talking and she seems fine,'' he said, adding
that Lowey has been in good health.

Lowey nearly collapsed at the afternoon rally in White Plains after
standing for nearly 90 minutes to deliver a speech in support of
Clinton. The New York senator was campaigning in the West ahead of
Super Tuesday.

After sitting down, the congresswoman began dabbing her face with a
handkerchief, then officials helped her lay down on stage and someone
called 911, the Journal News reported in Sunday editions. She was
carried off the stage in a chair by two police officers.

Lowey was taken to New York-Presbyterian Hospital after being referred
from White Plains Hospital, which was not equipped to provide a test
she needed, Dennis said.

--

wd43

Ron

Feb 3, 2008, 8:45:37 AM2/3/08
Charlene <charlene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congresswoman Falls Ill at Clinton Rally
>
> By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

> After sitting down, the congresswoman began dabbing her face with a

> handkerchief, then officials helped her lay down on stage and
> someone called 911, the Journal News reported in Sunday editions.

....helped her *lay* down on stage ... ???

Charlene

Feb 3, 2008, 9:07:16 AM2/3/08
On Feb 3, 6:45 am, "Ron" <re...@newguy.com> wrote:

Down is a valuable resource, although I don't think even ducks
actually "lay" it.

wd43