Keith Drumright, 55; Was 2B Who Played for Houston Astros & Oakland A's

Bill Schenley

Aug 10, 2010, 12:21:21 PM8/10/10
<Note: I remember this guy played high school
baseball with George Frazier, who pitched for
the Yankees, Cardinals and a few other teams.>

Keith Alan Drumright

1982 Fleer (#89) baseball card:
http://snipurl.com/10h4jd

FROM: The Springfield (MO) News-Leader ~
(Paid obit)

Keith Alan Drumright, age 55, of Springfield, Mo.,
passed away Saturday, August 7, 2010, in his
home.

He was born October 21, 1954, in Springfield, Mo.,
to Robert J. and Carol (Snider) Drumright.

He was a graduate of Hillcrest High School. Keith
played major league baseball for many years and
continued to be associated with baseball the rest of
his days.

He was employed by Harry Cooper Supply
Company for the past 25 years.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

He is survived by his soul mate, Susan Drumright,
of Springfield; one brother, Kenneth Drumright, of
Overland Park, Kansas; two daughters, Stacy
Lynne and Amy Marie, both of Springfield; and six
grandchildren.

A memorial visitation will be held from 1 to 3 p.m.,
on Wednesday, August 11, 2010, in Greenlawn
Funeral Home North. Memorial contributions may
be made to the St. Johns Hospice.

Services have been entrusted to Greenlawn Funeral
Home North, Springfield, Mo.
---
1982 Donruss (#616) baseball card:
http://snipurl.com/10h4gb
---
Former OU Baseball Player Keith Drumright Dies

FROM: OKBlitz ~
By Staff

NORMAN, Oklahoma

Former University of Oklahoma baseball player
Keith Drumright died of a self-inflicted gunshot
wound on August 5. He was 55 years old.

Drumright was an All American in 1974 and 1976
and a three-time All-Big 8 second baseman.

The Springfield, Missouri native was a 4th round
selection of the Chicago Cubs in the 1976
amateur draft. He went on to play two Major
League seasons -- one with the Houston Astros
in 1978 and one with the Oakland Athletics
in 1981.

Known for his speed and defense on the field,
Drumright was described by former teammates
and coaches as a quiet, hard-working player who
always arrived to the ballpark in a good mood.
---
MLB Stats:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/drumrke01.shtml

Thanks to Rod Nelson from SABR for this obit.

donj...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2018, 1:41:28 PM12/12/18
I"m trying to locate his brother. I have Keith's baseball uniform.