Brad Sullivan, 77; Character Actor ("Slap Shot," "NYPD Blue")

Stephen Bowie

Jan 11, 2009, 1:40:51 AM1/11/09
Probably best known for "Slap Shot," but I remember him mainly as
Jimmy Smits' "guardian angel" during the arc of his character's death
on "NYPD Blue." Very distinctive features & voice.

Paid death notice from the NY Times:

SULLIVAN--Bradford E., 77, died peacefully on December 31, 2008. He
leaves seven nieces and nephews and many friends who adored him. A
graduate of the University of Maine, he also trained at the American
Theatre Wing in New York. He proudly served in the U.S. Army during
the Korean War. Sullivan was a character actor whose film credits
include Slap Shot, The Prince of Tides, The Untouchables, Sister Act
2, and The Abyss. He had roles in several television series including
NYPD, Nothing Sacred, and I'll Fly Away. He made his Broadway debut in
1977 and was nominated for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding
Featured Actor in a Musical for "Working." He also had roles in
Orpheus Descending and a stage adaption of On the Waterfront. He
retired in 2000 and always remained a member of the Screen Actors
Guild. He lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. He was a
dedicated mentor to school children, had a deep affection for the
Chinese people, and an unwavering Christian belief which guided him
through his very exceptional life. There was no pretense in his
approach to life. He had a special attachment for the people he loved
and appreciated them without reservation. He will always be remembered
by those who loved him for the richness of his life, the care he gave
to others, and the integrity of his values.

http://www.legacy.com/NYTimes/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=122636626

Brad Ferguson

Jan 11, 2009, 7:44:57 AM1/11/09

islan...@aol.com

Jan 11, 2009, 12:44:23 PM1/11/09
Oh come on Moe, Jesus.

nixi...@earthlink.net

Jan 11, 2009, 3:43:32 PM1/11/09

Garondo Marondo

Jan 12, 2009, 11:16:15 PM1/12/09
On Jan 11, 4:44 am, Brad Ferguson <thirt...@frXOXed.net> wrote:
> In article
> <b3f869ac-47df-4d69-8176-aa1d8f091...@r22g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
> >http://www.legacy.com/NYTimes/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonI...

> Oh, sure.  Pic (a shot [heh] from "The Untouchables"):
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/cinemorgue2/bradsullivan.jpg>
>
> More recently:
>
> <http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/2685784834_6c72398f5b_m.jpg>- Hide quoted text -

Always liked this guy. :~(

tomcervo

Jan 12, 2009, 11:44:15 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 11:16�pm, Garondo Marondo <Classic.Mr.H...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Always liked this guy. :~(- Hide quoted text -

Best TV coach ever, on "I'll Fly Away".

record hunter

Jan 12, 2009, 11:53:12 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 11:44 pm, tomcervo <tomce...@aol.com> wrote:

> Best TV coach ever, on "I'll Fly Away".

+1. Best show ever. Well, one of them.

Garondo Marondo

Jan 13, 2009, 12:10:58 AM1/13/09

How is it that Brand and Falsey never got a deal to create a show for
HBO or Showtime or FX? Damn shame.