Jack Sheldon

Kevin Gershan

Jun 24, 2011, 11:36:04 AM6/24/11
Just spoke with Jack Sheldon at 8:15am (Pacific). Recovering from a
stroke, but very much alive. Rumors of his death have been greatly
exagerrated!
- Kevin Gershan (Entertainment Tonight) kevin....@cbs.com

David Carson

Jun 24, 2011, 12:21:29 PM6/24/11

Correcting the header. According to a.o. protocol, posting someone's
name in the subject line without further comment is tantamount to a
death announcement.

That being said, thank you for sharing your information and letting us
know that he is alive.

David Carson
--
Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
Who's Alive and Who's Dead

Hawthorne

Jun 24, 2011, 12:30:59 PM6/24/11
On Jun 24, 10:21 am, David Carson <d...@neosoft.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:36:04 -0700 (PDT), Kevin Gershan
>
> <kevingers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Just spoke with Jack Sheldon at 8:15am (Pacific). Recovering from a
> >stroke, but very much alive. Rumors of his death have been greatly
> >exagerrated!
> >- Kevin Gershan (Entertainment Tonight) kevin.gers...@cbs.com

> Correcting the header. According to a.o. protocol, posting someone's
> name in the subject line without further comment is tantamount to a
> death announcement.
>
> That being said, thank you for sharing your information and letting us
> know that he is alive.
>
> David Carson
> --
> Why do you seek the living among the dead? -- Luke 24:5
> Who's Alive and Who's Deadhttp://www.whosaliveandwhosdead.com

Reports of Jack Sheldon's Death False

By JazzTimes

Earlier this morning we mistakenly published an obituary on Los
Angeles-based trumpeter Jack Sheldon, based on unconfirmed reports
from within the jazz industry that Sheldon had died.

Sheldon is not deceased. His wife, Dianne Sheldon, has confirmed that
Sheldon is alive and well and in Los Angeles. Mrs. Sheldon also said
that she does not know how the rumors began.

JT regrets the error.

http://jazztimes.com/articles/27900-reports-of-jack-sheldon-s-death-false

Kris Baker

Jun 24, 2011, 1:10:20 PM6/24/11

"David Carson" <da...@neosoft.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:36:04 -0700 (PDT), Kevin Gershan
> <keving...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just spoke with Jack Sheldon at 8:15am (Pacific). Recovering from a
>>stroke, but very much alive. Rumors of his death have been greatly
>>exagerrated!
>>- Kevin Gershan (Entertainment Tonight) kevin....@cbs.com
>
> Correcting the header. According to a.o. protocol, posting someone's
> name in the subject line without further comment is tantamount to a
> death announcement.
>
> That being said, thank you for sharing your information and letting us
> know that he is alive.
>
> David Carson

Thanks, David.

Kris

Loki

Jun 24, 2011, 1:35:02 PM6/24/11
On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:21:29 -0500, David Carson <da...@neosoft.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:36:04 -0700 (PDT), Kevin Gershan
><keving...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just spoke with Jack Sheldon at 8:15am (Pacific). Recovering from a
>>stroke, but very much alive. Rumors of his death have been greatly
>>exagerrated!
>>- Kevin Gershan (Entertainment Tonight) kevin....@cbs.com
>
>Correcting the header. According to a.o. protocol, posting someone's
>name in the subject line without further comment is tantamount to a
>death announcement.
>
>That being said, thank you for sharing your information and letting us
>know that he is alive.

Indeed, and thank you for changing the header for the benefit of those
of us who did not read beyond the header thinking that there was
nothing new to add to the story.

Diner

Jun 24, 2011, 2:46:54 PM6/24/11
Just correcting the heading again - the original heading still shows in Google Groups.

-Tim