Caroline Kennedy, You Know, Might Need, You Know, A Speech Coach, Um, If She, You Know, Wants, Um, To Be Senator

Clay

Dec 30, 2008, 7:01:31 AM12/30/08
Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words
By Michael Saul
The New York Daily News
December 30, 2008

Um, you know?

Caroline Kennedy, who gave a flurry of media interviews on Friday and
Saturday, revealed some cringing verbal tics that showed her
inexperience as a speaker, experts told the Daily News.

In a 30-minute session with The News on Saturday, Kennedy punctuated
her answers with "you know" more than 200 times. "Um" was fairly
constant, too.

Transcripts of her interviews with other media outlets showed the same
problem. She said "you know" at least 130 times to The New York Times
and more than 80 times on New York 1.

When The News asked if President Bush's tax cuts on the wealthy should
be repealed immediately, Kennedy replied:

"Well, you know, that's something, obviously, that, you know, in
principle and in the campaign, you know, I think that, um, the tax
cuts, you know, were expiring and needed to be repealed."

Jocelyn Rasmussen, a Manhattan voice coach, said Kennedy's verbal tics
don't necessarily betray weakness or doubt.

"She's just inexperienced," she said. "It's just a habit, the way
young people all say 'like' every other word. I don't think she even
knows she's doing it, to that degree."

Tim Malloy, a Pennsylvania speaking coach, suggested this cure: She
should learn how to pause and would benefit from coaching, or
listening to some recordings of the most famously eloquent Kennedy.

"She needs to listen to her father," he said.

Spokesman Stefan Friedman said, "Caroline has acknowledged that she
hasn't mastered the art of the political sound bite, but if Gov.
Paterson appoints her, she'll fight her heart out to make sure New
York families have their voices heard in Washington."

-------------------

-C-

FDR

Dec 30, 2008, 1:03:53 PM12/30/08

She sounds quite good in comparison to Bush.

Clay

Dec 30, 2008, 1:17:48 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 1:03 pm, FuckingDumbRetard barks:

"Bush"

"Bush"

"Bush"

I see your dumbass hasn't been cured of Tourette's Syndrome yet.

Too fucking funny.

-C-

FDR

Dec 30, 2008, 1:23:31 PM12/30/08

He's still President. Tell me when I can't talk about him Claybot.

zzbu...@netscape.net

Dec 30, 2008, 1:44:51 PM12/30/08

Well, but you know, Adaptive A.I., Post GM Robotics, Holograms,
Drones, AUVs, Cruise Missiles, Fiber Optics, E-Books, E-Libraries,
E-Publishing,
CD+rw, DVD-rom, DVD-ram, DVD-rw, HDTV, GPS, On-Line Banking, and
On-Line Publishing
were all mostly innovated, since New York Families already have so
many voices in Washington,
a lot of them are starting to sound like really nasal versions of
Rupert Murdoch.

> -------------------
>
> -C-

Clay

Dec 30, 2008, 1:51:23 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 1:23 pm, FuckingDumbRetard:

Yes, he still is. Did you need help with that?

> Tell me when I can't talk about him Claybot.

You're stupid, that's confirmed. So someone is controlling your
dumbass.

But it ain't me.

Too fucking funny.

-C-

Titix

Dec 30, 2008, 2:07:43 PM12/30/08

"FDR" <FDR@fkfkdkfd> wrote in message

Isn't that funny that rightards don't want Bush mentioned? He carried their
agenda
and now they're throwing him under the bus.

--
Conservatives have distorted and demonized the word "liberal,"
whose true political meaning is favoring progressive change,

At the core of conservatism is the Machiavellian bully - the
despotic practitioner of "might makes right," craving wealth and
power, and willing to use any and all means to get them.
Conservatism is the philosophy of the caveman wearing a business
suit.

AND THE CAVEMENS' CLUBS CAN NOW DESTROY OUR EARTH!

Freedom Fighter
--http://groups.google.com/group/nyc.general/msg/125bae246b4c60d3?hl=en&dmod
e=source

Clay

Dec 30, 2008, 2:12:21 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 2:07 pm, "Titx":

> "FuckingDumbRetard" wrote in message

God, you're so stupid.

I never said I didn't want Bush's name mentioned, shit-for-brains.

I just find it more than a little amusing that you limited-thinking
loons can't mention anything else.

> He carried their agenda
> and now they're throwing him under the bus.

Well... he did fuck up his legacy... so I guess he deserves it.

-C-

Bush in Space

Dec 30, 2008, 5:50:10 PM12/30/08

"Clay" <Clays...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Too fucking funny.

-C-

Caroline has never been as stupid as this drunken asswad.
The Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said
People say, well, do you ever hear any other voices other than, like, a few
people? Of course I do."-Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2008

"I've abandoned free market principles to save the free market
system."-Washington, D.C., Dec. 16, 2008

"I've been in the Bible every day since I've been the
president."-Washington, D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"He was a great father before politics, a great father during politics and a
great father after politics."-On his father, George H.W. Bush, Washington,
D.C., Nov. 12, 2008

"Yesterday, you made note of my-the lack of my talent when it came to
dancing. But nevertheless, I want you to know I danced with joy. And no
question Liberia has gone through very difficult times."-Speaking with the
president of Liberia, Washington, D.C., Oct. 22, 2008

"I want to share with you an interesting program-for two reasons, one, it's
interesting, and two, my wife thought of it-or has actually been involved
with it; she didn't think of it. But she thought of it for this
speech."-Washington D.C., Oct. 21, 2008, discussing PlayPumps International,
which improves access to clean water in Africa

"This thaw-took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to
unthaw."-Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and
persecuted."-Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

"I didn't grow up in the ocean-as a matter of fact-near the ocean-I grew up
in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I
particularly like it when I'm fishing."-Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

"The people in Louisiana must know that all across our country there's a lot
of prayer-prayer for those whose lives have been turned upside down. And I'm
one of them."-Baton Rouge, La., Sept. 3, 2008

"I'm coming as the president of a friend, and I'm coming as a sportsman."-On
his trip to the Olympics in China, Washington, D.C., July 30, 2008

"But oftentimes I'm asked: Why? Why do you care what happens outside of
America?"-Washington, D.C., June 26, 2008

"And they have no disregard for human life."-Describing the brutality of
Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

"I think it was in the Rose Garden where I issued this brilliant statement:
If I had a magic wand -but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just
can't say, 'low gas.' "-Washington D.C., July 15, 2008

"The economy is growing, productivity is high, trade is up, people are
working. It's not as good as we'd like, but-and to the extent that we find
weakness, we'll move."-Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

"Should the Iranian regime-do they have the sovereign right to have civilian
nuclear power? So, like, if I were you, that's what I'd ask me. And the
answer is, yes, they do."-Speaking to reporters in Washington, D.C., July 2,
2008

"Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired
immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants
have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of
more than 300 people."-Charlottesville, Va., July 4, 2008

"We've got a lot of relations with countries in our neighborhood."-Kranj,
Slovenia, June 10, 2008

"One of the things important about history is to remember the true
history."-Washington, D.C., June 6, 2008

"The German asparagus are fabulous."-Meseberg, Germany, June 11, 2008

"There is some who say that perhaps freedom is not universal. Maybe it's
only Western people that can self-govern. Maybe it's only, you know,
white-guy Methodists who are capable of self-government. I reject that
notion."-London, June 16, 2008

"Let's make sure that there is certainty during uncertain times in our
economy."-Washington, D.C., June 2, 2008

"And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make
the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the
machine

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened
inside this Oval Office."-Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

Clay

Dec 30, 2008, 6:51:34 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 5:50 pm, "My Favorite Changeling" <Kook>:

> "Clay" <Clays0n...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Dec 30, 1:03 pm, FuckingDumbRetard barks:

Yet... GWBush was elected TWICE by the citizens of THE UNITED STATES
OF AMERICA.

Go figure.

*snicker*

-C-

Me

Dec 30, 2008, 7:15:02 PM12/30/08

> Clay wrote:
>> Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words
>> By Michael Saul The New York Daily News
>> December 30, 2008
>> Um, you know? Caroline Kennedy, who gave a flurry of media interviews
>> on Friday and
>> Saturday, revealed some cringing verbal tics that showed her
>> inexperience as a speaker, experts told the Daily News. In a 30-minute
>> session with The News on Saturday, Kennedy punctuated
>> her answers with "you know" more than 200 times. "Um" was fairly
>> constant, too. Transcripts of her interviews with other media outlets
>> showed the same
>> problem. She said "you know" at least 130 times to The New York Times
>> and more than 80 times on New York 1.
<begin huge snip>

<end huge snip>

>> Spokesman Stefan Friedman said, "Caroline has acknowledged that she
>> hasn't mastered the art of the political sound bite, but if Gov.
>> Paterson appoints her, she'll fight her heart out to make sure New
>> York families have their voices heard in Washington." -------------------
>>
>> -C-
>
> She sounds quite good in comparison to Bush.

My cat sounds good in comparison to him.

RichA

Dec 31, 2008, 1:10:38 AM12/31/08
Clay <maste...@outlookmail.com> wrote in

> Caroline Kennedy no whiz with words
> By Michael Saul
> The New York Daily News
> December 30, 2008
>
> Um, you know?
>
> Caroline Kennedy, who gave a flurry of media interviews on Friday and
> Saturday, revealed some cringing verbal tics that showed her
> inexperience as a speaker, experts told the Daily News.
>
> In a 30-minute session with The News on Saturday, Kennedy punctuated
> her answers with "you know" more than 200 times. "Um" was fairly
> constant, too.

God, I hate that. One reason you should never listen to sports figures
being interviewed. Their limited vocabulary and (likely) brain capacity
usually means they are about to bore you to death.

Titix

Jan 2, 2009, 5:18:57 PM1/2/09

"Clay" <clays...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Go figure.

*snicker*

-C-
Clay, you know that's crap. He was appointed by the SC in 2000 and Ohio with
help of
Diebold in 04 gave him another. And the country suffered, suffered and
still suffering.

felonio...@aol.com

Jan 2, 2009, 5:36:46 PM1/2/09
On Jan 2, 2:18 pm, "Titix" <nos...@spamfree.com> wrote:
> "Clay" <clays0nl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The hysterical left is still throwing temper tantrums over getting
destroyed by Bush in 00 and 04. Please try to control yourself,
nutcase :)

Bluuuue Rajah

Jan 2, 2009, 6:54:35 PM1/2/09
felonio...@aol.com wrote in

> On Jan 2, 2:18 pm, "Titix" <nos...@spamfree.com> wrote:
>> "Clay" <clays0nl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

@m15g2000vbp.googlegroups.com
>> ... On Dec 30, 5:50 pm, "My Favorite Changeling" <Kook>:

>> > "Clay" <Clays0n...@gmail.com> wrote in message

3e38f9...@w1g2000prk.googlegroups.com

Conservatives are crybabies. Stop whining. Grow up and live with it.