July 2009 Cable News Ratings: FOXNews Destroys Everyone -- Surprise -- Has "Most Growth In Younger Demo"

Clay

Jul 28, 2009, 5:55:57 PM7/28/09
July Ratings: FOXNews Beats MSNBC & CNN Combined Day and Prime Time
Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FOXNews continued its cable news dominance in July not only beating
CNN and MSNBC combined, but showing the most growth in the younger
demo. In A25-54 viewers, FNC is up 48% in total day, and up 70% in
primetime, compared to July '08.

FNC had 9 of the top 10 shows in cable news in Total Viewers and ranks
as the third most-watched basic cable channel behind USA and TNT.

Cable news' #1 show for 104 consecutive months, "The O'Reilly Factor",
is up 37% over July '08. "Glenn Beck Program" is up the most, up 120%
over last year's 5pmET show. "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren"
is up 60% and "Hannity" is up 41%.

- FNC's audience expanded in all categories during July 2009, besting
CNN and MSNBC combined in viewership (for both Total Day and Prime)
according to Nielsen Media Research.

- In the key 25-54 demographic, FNC posted the largest gains among all
cable news networks in both Total Day and Prime Time – increasing an
extraordinary 48% and 70% respectively when compared to July 2008.

- Among basic cable networks, FNC ranked third for the month in prime
time viewership behind only USA Network and TNT, with CNN and MSNBC
lagging behind at 15th and 26th, respectively, while continuing to
battle each other for third place in cable news.

- FNC also secured nine out of the top 10 rated programs in cable news
for the month based on total viewership. The O'Reilly Factor marked #1
for 104 consecutive months in July and led all programs with 3,075,000
viewers, ending the month up 37% over July 2008. Hannity was second,
up 41%. Other notables include: On the Record with Greta Van Susteren
(up 60%); Glenn Beck (up 120%); The FOX Report with Shepard Smith (up
36%)

- In the key 25-54 demographic, FNC expanded upon an already dominant
lead in Prime Time averaging 530,000 viewers surging 70% compared with
CNN's 377,000 (up 40%) and MSNBC's 252,000 (flat). In total day, FNC
averaged 301,000 (up 48%) compared to CNN’s 231,000 (up 39%) and
MSNBC's 143,000 (down 7%). Meanwhile, CNN’s latest failure in Prime
Time, Campbell Brown, finished in fourth place in 25-54 behind FNC,
HLN and MSNBC at 8:00pm ET.

- In Prime Time, FNC bested CNN and MSNBC combined with an average of
2,071,000 viewers (up 43%) during July 2009, compared with CNN's
1,127,000 (up 39%) and MSNBC’s 738,000 (up 24%). In total day, FNC
also rated higher than the competition combined with 1,138,000 total
viewers (up 36%) compared to CNN’s 723,000 (up 45%) and MSNBC's
396,000 (up 12%).

- All weekday programs on FNC between 6:00am and 12:00am posted
double-digit ratings gains in both total viewers and in the key 25-54
demographic - led by noteworthy increases in the 25-54 demo by Glenn
Beck (up 211%), The O'Reilly Factor (up 75%), Hannity (up 68%) and On
the Record with Greta Van Susteren (up 79%).

-----------------

Too fucking funny.

-C-

No_He_Can_Not

Jul 28, 2009, 6:03:52 PM7/28/09
Clay wrote:
> [...]

> MSNBC's 143,000 (down 7%). Meanwhile, CNN’s latest failure in Prime

> Time, Campbell Brown, finished in fourth place in 25-54 behind FNC,
> HLN and MSNBC at 8:00pm ET.
>
> - In Prime Time, FNC bested CNN and MSNBC combined with an average of
> 2,071,000 viewers (up 43%) during July 2009, compared with CNN's
> 1,127,000 (up 39%) and MSNBC’s 738,000 (up 24%). In total day, FNC

> also rated higher than the competition combined with 1,138,000 total
> viewers (up 36%) compared to CNN’s 723,000 (up 45%) and MSNBC's

> 396,000 (up 12%).
>
> - All weekday programs on FNC between 6:00am and 12:00am posted
> double-digit ratings gains in both total viewers and in the key 25-54
> demographic - led by noteworthy increases in the 25-54 demo by Glenn
> Beck (up 211%), The O'Reilly Factor (up 75%), Hannity (up 68%) and On
> the Record with Greta Van Susteren (up 79%).

people are tired of being lied to and tired of the hateful way in which
people like maddow and olbermann give their commentaries. they are rude
and never give up any news without putting a hateful liberal slant on it.

tv

Jul 28, 2009, 7:05:32 PM7/28/09

Then Limbaugh appeared on Greta's show and the ratings rocketed to
unheard of heights.

tomcervo

Jul 28, 2009, 7:47:11 PM7/28/09

You sure Billo isn't doing the numbers on that?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907270052

Clay

Jul 28, 2009, 8:19:28 PM7/28/09
On Jul 28, 7:47 pm, ground control to idiot tom:

As per usual, idiot tom posted NOTHING that has to do with the subject
at hand.

<LOL>

What a poor, dumb idiot, idiot tom truly is.

Yes... sure, not a problem... you can clap.

Too fucking funny.

-C-

Anon

Jul 28, 2009, 8:20:24 PM7/28/09

"Clay" <cl...@thinktank.nyc> wrote in message

> July Ratings: FOXNews Beats MSNBC & CNN Combined Day and Prime Time
> Tuesday, July 28, 2009
>
> FOXNews continued its cable news dominance in July not only beating
> CNN and MSNBC combined, but showing the most growth in the younger
> demo. In A25-54 viewers, FNC is up 48% in total day, and up 70% in
> primetime, compared to July '08.

CNN and MSNBC are obviously biased to the right. Even many liberals like to
get unbiased news and FOX is the only cable source.

> FNC had 9 of the top 10 shows in cable news in Total Viewers and ranks
> as the third most-watched basic cable channel behind USA and TNT.
>
> Cable news' #1 show for 104 consecutive months, "The O'Reilly Factor",
> is up 37% over July '08. "Glenn Beck Program" is up the most, up 120%
> over last year's 5pmET show. "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren"
> is up 60% and "Hannity" is up 41%.
>
> - FNC's audience expanded in all categories during July 2009, besting
> CNN and MSNBC combined in viewership (for both Total Day and Prime)
> according to Nielsen Media Research.
>
> - In the key 25-54 demographic, FNC posted the largest gains among all

> cable news networks in both Total Day and Prime Time �?" increasing an

> extraordinary 48% and 70% respectively when compared to July 2008.
>
> - Among basic cable networks, FNC ranked third for the month in prime
> time viewership behind only USA Network and TNT, with CNN and MSNBC
> lagging behind at 15th and 26th, respectively, while continuing to
> battle each other for third place in cable news.
>
> - FNC also secured nine out of the top 10 rated programs in cable news
> for the month based on total viewership. The O'Reilly Factor marked #1
> for 104 consecutive months in July and led all programs with 3,075,000
> viewers, ending the month up 37% over July 2008. Hannity was second,
> up 41%. Other notables include: On the Record with Greta Van Susteren
> (up 60%); Glenn Beck (up 120%); The FOX Report with Shepard Smith (up
> 36%)
>
> - In the key 25-54 demographic, FNC expanded upon an already dominant
> lead in Prime Time averaging 530,000 viewers surging 70% compared with
> CNN's 377,000 (up 40%) and MSNBC's 252,000 (flat). In total day, FNC

> averaged 301,000 (up 48%) compared to CNN�?Ts 231,000 (up 39%) and
> MSNBC's 143,000 (down 7%). Meanwhile, CNN�?Ts latest failure in Prime

> Time, Campbell Brown, finished in fourth place in 25-54 behind FNC,
> HLN and MSNBC at 8:00pm ET.
>
> - In Prime Time, FNC bested CNN and MSNBC combined with an average of
> 2,071,000 viewers (up 43%) during July 2009, compared with CNN's

> 1,127,000 (up 39%) and MSNBC�?Ts 738,000 (up 24%). In total day, FNC

> also rated higher than the competition combined with 1,138,000 total

> viewers (up 36%) compared to CNN�?Ts 723,000 (up 45%) and MSNBC's

White Napkin

Jul 28, 2009, 9:01:15 PM7/28/09
Anon wrote:
> "Clay" <cl...@thinktank.nyc> wrote in message
>> July Ratings: FOXNews Beats MSNBC & CNN Combined Day and Prime Time
>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009
>>
>> FOXNews continued its cable news dominance in July not only beating
>> CNN and MSNBC combined, but showing the most growth in the younger
>> demo. In A25-54 viewers, FNC is up 48% in total day, and up 70% in
>> primetime, compared to July '08.
>>
> CNN and MSNBC are obviously biased to the right. Even many liberals like to
> get unbiased news and FOX is the only cable source.

No CNN and MSNBC are bias to left wing Democrats.

tomcervo

Jul 28, 2009, 11:23:23 PM7/28/09

I'm not the one that has to 'gin up new signons to get past the
killfiles, am I?

Clay

Jul 29, 2009, 9:23:39 AM7/29/09
On Jul 28, 11:23 pm, ground control to idiot tom:

What in the fuck is your dumbass yapping about now, idiot tom?

You are truly an idiot -- didjaknowdat, idiot tom?

<LOL>

Soooo... let's stay with your idiot fantasy for a second -- who did
what you just wrote?

Cite.

WatchYaRun.

Too fucking funny.