Walk For Missing Women In Canada

Monica

May 14, 2008, 8:05:19 PM5/14/08
May 14, 2008 3:36 PM
Subject: Walk For Missing Women In Canada - Please Repost
Body: From: Jesi Turner
Date: May 14, 2008 2:27 PM

----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
From: Bluejay
Date: May 14, 2008 8:41 AM

If you are interested in supporting this walk for justice, could you
please email to walk4jus...@yahoo.ca

We need family members of the victims, men, women, children, singers,
drummers, walkers, volunteers, fundraisers, cooks, vehicles, drivers
and much much more! What is really need here is Unity of the First
Nations people who are affected by this

In Victoria, BC There is a small group of people who will begin
walking on June19/08 from Mile zero. We need to raise not only the
awareness of the plight of our women - living in poverty, homeless,
gone missing - we also need to raise some money to cover the cost of
the 4000 km journey from Victoria to Ottawa. I am writing and asking
the community members to walk 1km for a sister/ mother/ grandmother/
Auntie and/or to pledge a total of $00.10 for every km I walk.

What we are needing is the support of everyone in this country,
-car maintenance (ie.

gas oil/ water)
-first aid kits
-food
-good walking shoes( for all the people who will be walking all the
way)
-cell costs
-media
-camera equipment

Here is the next few meetings dates and locations for the working
group in Victoria for the walk4justice:For the daytime people it is at
the Solstice Cafe at the Market Sq (on Pandora St) at 3pm every Monday

For the evening people can find me at the Camas Book store Every
Monday at 7pm until 9pm

Here is their location: Ca mas Collective>> 2590 Quadra St.

(corner of Kings and Quadra)>> Coast Salish Territories>>
(250)381-0585

Please make all donations payable to the Aboriginal Mother's Centre
Society at 208-2019 Dundas St.

, Vancouver, BC V5L 1J5 with a indicator (memo on it walk4justice on
the money order/ cheque)

****If you can help me out personally in helping to cover the cost of
my rent, cell phone, shoes, any help that I can get would be
gratefully accepted. Please e-mail me with any offers of support.

!!!
Rose

Now we have less then five weeks before the big walk4justice begins.
The walk will be from Victoria's mile zero to Vancouver, BC to Ottawa,
Ontario starting June 19(Victoria), June 21, 2008(Vancouver) to
September when the parliament opens for their fall sessions.

(usually within 2 weeks of labour day)

www. walk4justice. piczo. com

People from all Nations Raising awareness, honoring the lives and
families of missing/murdered Aboriginal Women across Canada

People are walking across Canada.

Starting June 19th in Victoria BC @ "Mile 0" Arriving in Ottawa
Parliament buildings September 15th

Come out Spread the word/ Fundraising Events:Presentation of film
"Highway of Tears" at Eric Martin Pavilion

Panel Presentation on walk4justice (Trent Ave and Fort St)

MAY 19th: Victoria Day Parade.

Volunteer to Solicit posters

THURSDAY, JUNE 12th: 7-12: Solstice Cafe fundraiser (music, poetry,
art, etc)

June 19th Walk: from Mile 0 to Swartz Bay Ferry for send off

Financial Donations Addressed to:Rose Henry26 Linden StVictoria BCV8V
2C8
You can e-mail Rose at:ro...@homelessnation.org for public speaking
engagements and donation pick ups

--
NAMAPAHH First People's Radio
Host/Producer Robin Carneen

Home of NAMAPAHH First People's Radio: http://mysite.verizon.net/res7dwhg/
Blog:http://namapahhmultimedia.blogspot.com/
PODCASTING AT: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=55641

Pics:
http://spaces.msn.com/members/NativeRadio4all/
Facebook:
Groupsite:
Got a new release? Want to become a member??? Here's the Radio station
addy:
c/o Robin Carneen-
NAMAPAHH First People's Radio
Skagit Valley College-KSVR 91.7 FM