Bewitagos

1 view

Meaghan Walker-Williams

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00

PLEASE - now I feel like I have done something bad by
getting upset about the creator thing - and then
getting mad about the response to my diabetes thing.

PLEASE don't go - you have really good things to share
And you have contributed a lot with your posts.

THATS why - my Grampa told me not to react
and get upset when people say things that hurt.

Look at what happens. :(

Even when I went back and tried to examine
and explain why I reacted - the damage is done
And now you are leaving.

/action Takes a blanket out and Wraps Bewitagos
I am sorry I hurt you - with my reaction.

You got the brunt of 3 years of people
calling me down - and I KNOW you didn't even
intend ANYTHING bad by what you said.

We are BOTH trying to help people and
do right by them.

As for JAOM - He hasn't signed off for good has he?
Last I heard he was off on one of his re-charging things.

I actually see some interesting changes to this newsgroup
as its evolution over past few months - in relation to what it
was like 5 years ago.

No More Scott Weiser!!!! yah!

Perhaps Scott served a good purpose.

When we were busy picking on him - we didn't have time to
pick on each other.

YIKES!

Please... don't stop posting

In respect, peace and the struggle

Meaghan

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Not to fret, he was just upset that I confronted him about saying you
had an anger problem. You did nothing wrong!!!!

Jimmie is a good man. We all love him!

Jim Bright Thunder

lenapelady

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Meaghan,

You know, I think that it's not just this. Jimmie, I think, has issues with
several people, and I reckon that I'm one. But in this forum I asked him to
e me if he wanted to iron out any personal problems and he responded with a
cryptic message about how he operates only in the light and doesn't go into
darkness; and refused to do so.

So, that's that. All I could do was open the door. I'm not mad or anything
that my offer wasn't picked up, because sometimes people just have to do, or
not do, what they do, or not do.

But based on that response, and some other insults, direct and oblique, from
Jimmie and Randy (to be truthful), it's now an issue for my mate. I'm not
involved, I'm not responding; *he is the one who handles disrespect and any
nastiness that might come my way if anymore comes along. Not that I'm not
competent, but there's a certain level of stuff that's *his area, and not
mine, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

So post away, and just go with the flow, and for gawd's sake, don't feel
guilty about stuff like this.

We sure don't worry about it, we have too much work to be done.

LL
Meaghan Walker-Williams <som...@home.com> wrote in message

> PLEASE - now I feel like I have done something bad by
> getting upset about the creator thing - and then
> getting mad about the response to my diabetes thing.

(clip)

Randy

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
still trying to bait me hey LL? Well I'm sorry but you're just not good
enuff. Tell you what though, ... You name one insult
direct OR oblique, that I have thrown your way and I will name Five or more
you have thrown at me. The thing is, you cant name even ONE! I have Never
insulted you or called you a name. I did say you were defensive and I still
stand by that. Too bad. But I can name a bunch from you. Back a few weeks
or so I asked you why you were always constantly trying to pick a fight with
me. I said then that I had even taken your side several times ... in a
couple of matters.. and I did...which is on record and can be looked up at
anyone's leisure. I said I hoped we could be friends. Of course you
answered in a defensive way and then said you were killfilling me and going
away.....somewhere. whatever.

I dont really agree with Jimmie that much in this particular thread. I'm
more into agreeing with Meaghan. But I do however understand why he is not
communicating with you .....as well as I understand why you are posting in
this thread now.....trying to win over "recruits" with your sugar coated
sarcasm. The same way you posted one after the other ... right behinds
john's posts. As for john, thats another matter which I have addressed in
another thread. BTW, those past posts where john whines can Also be looked
up if anyone is interested in trival.

As for my posting here now, I just wanted to let you know that you have not
fooled anyone. Everything is on record! I really don't know why you try
since Every word I have ever written can be looked up and re-read time after
time. As well as yours LL. If I were you, I would be scared that would
happen.....

Randy

ps...oh yeah.....you are wasting your time with the threats also. I am not
impressed. My Mother is bigger than yours.

"lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote in message

Morfydd

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00

Dear Meaghan,
please don't worry, the post wasn't directed at you, or caused
by you. There are other issues involved here.

Although to say I have enjoyed reading your posts is a bit
inappropriate, considering their content, you are certainly a
breath of fresh air. I look forward to reading some more

Mop
Keep

Meaghan Walker-Williams <som...@home.com> wrote:

>PLEASE - now I feel like I have done something bad by
>getting upset about the creator thing - and then
>getting mad about the response to my diabetes thing.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Morfydd

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
Wow LL keep this up and you will be a politician for sure

Mop

>> PLEASE - now I feel like I have done something bad by
>> getting upset about the creator thing - and then
>> getting mad about the response to my diabetes thing.

>(clip)

Morfydd

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
clo...@softcom.net wrote:
>Not to fret, he was just upset that I confronted him about
saying you
>had an anger problem. You did nothing wrong!!!!
>
>Jimmie is a good man. We all love him!
>
> Jim Bright Thunder

Confronted? Now that is a nice way to look at slurred against
What was it you implied again, oh yes, He's a drunken christian
wasn't it? You should be ashamed of yourself, Jim Bright Thunder
Jimmie is a dedicated man to his faith and his people an asset
to this newsgroup and passionately against alcohol. This time
you and your cantankerous insults have gone too far.

Morfydd

Graeme Butler

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Don't worry JBT

I am back, I will stand firm and let all the jibes and barbs hit me square,
what can I say.

How come the buggers are gunning for you now???!!1

Morfydd <mopNO...@go-get.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

Graeme Butler

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
he says I am in the darkness too......is that you with the glowing eyes over
there in the corner LL

Wanders across with hands outstretched.

lenapelady

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Sometimes people, especially those who don't know how a certain community's
culture works, don't understand how certain "things are done." What you are
calling "politician" around here would be called other things that are
involved in doing the work of making it possible for people to work together
and to rise above their personal ego needs. Jimmie has many things to offer;
but it is too bad that anger, misunderstandings, grudges, etc. etc. are
standing in his way. But if he chooses that, he chooses that. Human beings
are human beings, and all tempers flare now and then. The trick is to let
it burn out as much as humanly possible.....or so our leadership here
teaches and practices. Hey, I know of people here who hold grudges for 20 30
years, they become family grudges. But overwhelmingly, those who do are less
effective because they are building boxes around themselves and trying to do
so within the circle. Heck, Morfydd, one man here who has a bad temper, and
problems with emotion and ego, who tried very very very hard to be my enemy
a couple of years back recently chose me as his assistant in planning and
organizing one of the major yearly functions. Maybe the year's worth of work
(well, actually more) I did with him you would view as a "politician", I saw
it as healing work that was necessary to bring forth more of the good that
he can do and to crumble his boxes. Is it easy? Nah. Is it simple? Nah. But
it was important to me, and to our community, that I do that work. There
were more than a few tough patches of highway, to put it mildly.

That's where my focus is, doing what needs to be done within the primary
community and then the larger community of Indian issues across the country.

To some, that I guess is "politics." Again, there are other ways of viewing
that kind of work, and frankly, to me it is the viewpoints here at home and
within the larger multi tribal community that share joint issues in real
life, NOT ONLINE, that matter to me.

I'm taking the time to explain that very clearly because it seems to me that
too much time is being spent on developing shooting wars. However, having
put forth this explanation for the benefit of the entire community, I'm not
devoting any more time or energy to this stuff, as my calendar and schedule
of responsibilities are full, full, full.

And having said that, I'll also add this: the damned hard work is what's
important. Using forums like this to brainstorm, to share information and
ideas, to find and share resources, to debate to network, heck, to even
have fun, is good if it can be accomplished. But when it becomes other than
that, then it is a liability rather than an asset, and at that point it
simply has to be shut off so that it doesn't distract from the real work at
home.

So I'm outta these discussions because in the long run, this is just typing
into the ether and the sweat and hard work in real life are what take
priority. I wish ya'll well.

LL

Morfydd <mopNO...@go-get.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

lenapelady

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
heh heh...a sense of humor, Graeme!

Nah, the glowing eyes are the possum that's currently feeding at the
buffet line in the garage. Cute little thing, but getting a bit
expensive; I think he's bringing friends.

Speaking of darkness, they "fixed" the huge street light across the
way; sighhh, for awhile at night there were only stars. My neighbor
believes that the severe storms here just may cause something to happen
to it again. Funny thing about hail, sometimes it seems to have
targets, ya know?! ===;}

LL
In article <395b23e5$1...@clear.net.nz>,

"Graeme Butler" <tauranga...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> he says I am in the darkness too......is that you with the glowing
eyes over
> there in the corner LL
>
> Wanders across with hands outstretched.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
I did not say he was a christian or an AA member. I SAID HE TALKED AS
THOUGH HE WERE ONE. I have never met Jimmie, so I can only understand
him through the words and terms he uses.

AA has it's own specific language and expressions when it comes to ndn
participation. And that includes confronting others that express anger
by saying they have some sort of personal problem. I addressed that
response.

It's OK with you that he preached to that woman, but it's not OK when
someone reacted to the terminology!

Jimmie can talk for himself, let him do so.

As LL said, you do not know our ways and culture. Your ability to
interpret is limited to your country and culture. Calling an ndn woman
who is a working activist in her community a politician is a gross
insult. You may have meant it as an insult and you may not have.
Whatever, you caused an offense.

We have specific issues here that must be experienced in order to be
objective.

I for one have no use for AA as I think it creates many weaklings who
believe they are helpless with a disease and must give it all over to
the white mans god. This is what I was addressing in regards to Jimmies
wording.

Jim Bright Thunder

Morfydd

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00

> I did not say he was a christian or an AA member. I SAID HE TALKED AS
> THOUGH HE WERE ONE. I have never met Jimmie, so I can only understand
> him through the words and terms he uses.

And I did not say you did, your words did however imply and insinuate as
much.
Now that is an interpretation of your post, my interpretation,
if that was not your intention then so be it. I can only understand you
through the words and terms that you use.
To date Jim they have been harsh words and terms indeed.

> AA has it's own specific language and expressions when it comes to ndn
> participation. And that includes confronting others that express anger
> by saying they have some sort of personal problem. I addressed that
> response.

That is not exclusive to ndn's. AA and other therapy associations have the
same
language and terms for all races, all participants. It is standard therapy
talk.

> It's OK with you that he preached to that woman, but it's not OK when
> someone reacted to the terminology!

No it is not okay when that person deliberately picks a subject that the
other person is passionately against
Jimmie has stated on many occasions his abhorrence for alcohol, yet you use
that as a weapon against him,
just as you used my abhorrence of the English and called me Anglo a while
back.
It is deliberate provocation and it is ugly and unnecessary.

> Jimmie can talk for himself, let him do so.

I am in no way stopping him or speaking on his behalf. I am responding as an
independent reader
of this newsgroup. As far as I am aware Jimmie has left, or have you
forgotten
what this thread is about?

> As LL said, you do not know our ways and culture. Your ability to
> interpret is limited to your country and culture. Calling an ndn woman
> who is a working activist in her community a politician is a gross
> insult. You may have meant it as an insult and you may not have.
> Whatever, you caused an offense.

Unless spitefulness is an integral part of the Indian culture then for this
particular
post and argument I am not limited to the cultural knowledge of my country.
I have enough confidence in my abilities to judge people to be able to speak
out here,
or anywhere when I see spiteful, unnecessary comments and jibes such as the
ones that we
are now addressing.

As LL herself has pointed out, there are many ambiguous uses of the word
politician
both good and bad, insulting and complimentary, mine was purely based on her
rhetorical abilities.

> We have specific issues here that must be experienced in order to be
> objective.

I am not clear as to what specific issues you are referring to here
AA? Spitefulness? Politicians?
I live in Wales, there are enough people in AA and certainly enough
anger, hostility and depression for me to understand the therapeutic
terminology involved in such
organizations, So what about Spitefulness and innuendo?
I have been at the other end of your somewhat jaded judgement calls.
You were as wrong then about me as you are wrong now about Jimmie.
So that leaves politicians, well we certainly have enough of those here in
this country,
and having been an active member of many political organizations, I daresay
that I have
ample ability to talk about that also

> I for one have no use for AA as I think it creates many weaklings who
> believe they are helpless with a disease and must give it all over to
> the white mans god. This is what I was addressing in regards to Jimmies
> wording.

What in the heck does it matter whether they call on a "white mans god"
or bloody Godzilla, kicking the alcohol is the most important issue isn't
it?

> Morbid wrote:

Puhlease! I haven't heard that since kindergarten, thanks for the nostalgia
kick though.

Morfydd

<

lenapelady

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00

Morfydd <mor...@aladdinscave.net> wrote in message
(clip)>

> As LL herself has pointed out, there are many ambiguous uses of the word
> politician
> both good and bad, insulting and complimentary, mine was purely based on
her
> rhetorical abilities.

That is not what my post said. I'm aware that you don't have the cultural
background to understand all of it, and that's fine.

However, your wording and rephrasing here is not accurate nor reflective of
my post at all. Please don't use what I DIDN'T say in your attack on Jim's
post.

Use your own words, not a misuse and inaccurate reporting of mine. This is
only the most simple, fair, and honest thing to do, especially when you were
given the courtesy of a fair and honest reply.

LL

Morfydd

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
I will certainly agree with many of the points you have raised in your post
LL. I also believe that this technology is
a wonderful opportunity to brainstorm and raise issues, to breakdown the old
barriers of race and religion and for
people to have opinions on issues facing humanity, regardless of
geographical location. I hate to see this wonderful
opportunity wasted on cat fighting and smears, posturing , pouting, and
personal point scoring. No, you will never
get any argument from me with about those points. I will however disagree
with you that Jimmie is holding a grudge
he is not, nor has he misunderstood anything, but that is irrelevant. I do
not speak for Jimmie, and nor do you.

Why Jimmie has left is his business and his alone.He has given his reasons
and it is not for any of us
to dispute or doubt those reasons. That, to me at least, calls into question
his integrity and I think Jimmie
has time and again proved himself to be a fair and honest man.

I was annoyed at Jim because of the insensitivity of his posts. Not only
those directed at or about Jimmie,
but at many others over a long period of time. I do not consider these
issues of taste and boundaries, good manners
and sensitivity to be NDN issues alone, but rather I consider these to be
human issues. As you have so eloquently
pointed out throughout your post, the internet is a medium in which all can
benefit.
So why does it so often turn into a battleground for overly excitable egos?
Or personal point scoring.
That is nothing other than playground politics, something we all see day in
and out in real life.
Are we really so backward as a species that we will continually drag
technological development
and communication evolution back to the days of winning arguments by
appearing the most fierce or
having the loudest growl? Or, as in the case of "the gossip" the ability to
sneak up behind an opponent and
slug it while it isn't looking?

In my time I have known good politicians and bad politicians, those that
talk and those that do
The one thing that all of these politicians had in common was their great
rhetorical ability
it was to this ability of yours that my comment was directed. How you
interpret that remark
is quite out of my hands. I know what I meant and as my whole argument here
is against slurs
and the unfair defamation of people's characters on the internet, then I
trust that you will realize
I was not being hypocritical.

Morfydd

"lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote in message

lenapelady

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Actually, I don't have either time or interest in any of this. I also don't
care if or why Jimmie has left, or even why you're still fighting if he's
left.

I have attempted to reply courteously and fairly in an appropriate manner,
briefly, and have done so, but really have no further interest in, nor time
for, this.

LL

Morfydd <mor...@aladdinscave.net> wrote in message

(snip)

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
My spell checker came up with morbid! I just smiled and let it go past. Seemed
to fit with your constantly looking for a fight and all.

Say hi to Jimmie for us, we love him.

Jim Bright Thunder

Morfydd wrote:

> As LL herself has pointed out, there are many ambiguous uses of the word
> politician
> both good and bad, insulting and complimentary, mine was purely based on her
> rhetorical abilities.

Kerchee

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
In article <395b8...@news1.vip.uk.com>, "Morfydd" <mor...@aladdinscave.net> wrote:

>> Morbid wrote:
>
>Puhlease! I haven't heard that since kindergarten, thanks for the nostalgia
>kick though.
>
>Morfydd

Morfydd is actually pronounced MOR-fith, correct? If I remember right from my
Welsh 101 "dd" is a "th" sound.

Rick

*******************************
I'm desperately trying to figure
out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Morfydd

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00

Whoops, Okay fair enough on that one, I just tried it myself.
I am sorry about thinking you would write it, I should've realized you
wouldn't.
LOL you have no idea how often I was teased with that dratted name,
especially with me being me
a "witch" <g>. And hey, I am not trying to constantly fight you, I think I
have agreed with you
at least once since I have been reading your posts. :-)

> Say hi to Jimmie for us, we love him.

Why don't you email him and tell him it would
probably be quicker, no?

Mop

Morfydd

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Well, nearly, to say it the way I say it, it is

Morr- ri- vith,

you have to roll the R to get to the F (V sound in English)
and yes DD is TH.

but you know, Mop is a heck of a lot easier to pronounce
:-)

<mor...@aladdinscave.net> wrote:

> >> Morbid wrote:
> >
> >Puhlease! I haven't heard that since kindergarten, thanks for the
nostalgia
> >kick though.
> >
> >Morfydd

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Go check what I said about you on the Custer thread.

JBT

Morfydd

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Oh Jim. That hurt sooooo bad!!!

I'm devastated, no, really. I mean what with you being such a big influence
in my life and everything.How can I possibly live with myself knowing that
you think this about me and you being such a big man in Druidism and all? Oh
no I'm sorry that's right you can't be, I mean wouldn't that make you a two
path walker, eh? After all Druidism is a "whitemans" faith isn't it, I know
for a fact it isn't Indian. But no maybe you aren't involved and I got that
wrong, because lets face it that would make you a hypocrite. Now wouldn't
it.

~ playground politics JBT that's all you know.

Mop

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Since when are the Irish white men!

JBT

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Hay Morfydd you there???

Druidism is something I'd really like to talk about, leaving no stone unturned.
Like to tell you all about my many connections and what I learned, and my ongoing
family ties to the folks in Ireland and Scotland.

I'd like to tell you all about the Morning Star Society and it's many ndn members
who study these universal ways that belong to everyone. Were not talkin religion
or hierarchy here, just lookin at the earth, the cosmos and thinkin about how we
fit in.

First real," not new age" Druid teaching, ligitimate Druidism is not a religion
but an academic discipline. Second Druid teaching, " men create gods, gods do not
create men" the key expression here is "create"

Real Druidism is man's search for the causes and laws underlying reality. It's
the search for the nature of all things bassed on logical reasoning rather than
myth.

Religion is bassed on myth and conjecture, I have no use for religion. I am drawn
to ethical and self responsable nature spirituality, something neo- paganism could
care less about. Most all neo- paganism is new age and anthropocentric. Religion
equals power, equals corruption.

I have been a Druid for twenty years now and can tell you that Druid is just a
word. Every culture and ethnicity has it's Druids by whatever name. The
Australian aborigional people have some of the best.

Real Druidry is not dungeons and dragons and casting spells, it's hard core
academics. A real Druid could well be called a naturalist.

I don't walk two paths when it comes to my perceptions of and practice of
spirituality, I walk only one. I never sold out.

You there??????? We can talk!!!!!!

Jim Bright Thunder

john mohdom

Jun 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/29/00
Druidism is something I'd really like to talk about, leaving no
stone unturned. Like to tell you all about my many connections
and what I learned, and my ongoing family ties to the folks in
Ireland and Scotland.

...sorry, that was a snip of a message that was too long to
copy using Deja.com.

however, I too have that scotsirish thingie. ...got laughlins in
the background...but I don't hang around w/any druids 80)

john

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

Graeme Butler <tauranga...@clear.net.nz> wrote in message

> he says I am in the darkness too......is that you with the glowing eyes
over
> there in the corner LL
>
> Wanders across with hands outstretched.

hahahahahahahaha
geeeez you got a big hoodaddy spoon there grim
carman

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

> Don't worry JBT
>
> I am back, I will stand firm and let all the jibes and barbs hit me
square,
> what can I say.
>
> How come the buggers are gunning for you now???!!1

it's probably some kinda COINTEL info gathering exercise
hehe
maybe to do with involvement in "doing the work of making it possible for

people to work together and to rise above their personal ego needs"

so the management and community of the ng... (as described by Dalai LL) can
feel they done a good job? and saved another soul?
good luck to ya grim
carman

> Morfydd <mopNO...@go-get.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

> > clo...@softcom.net wrote:
> > >Not to fret, he was just upset that I confronted him about
> > saying you
> > >had an anger problem. You did nothing wrong!!!!
> > >
> > >Jimmie is a good man. We all love him!
> > >
> > > Jim Bright Thunder
> > >

> > Confronted? Now that is a nice way to look at slurred against
> > What was it you implied again, oh yes, He's a drunken christian
> > wasn't it? You should be ashamed of yourself, Jim Bright Thunder
> > Jimmie is a dedicated man to his faith and his people an asset
> > to this newsgroup and passionately against alcohol. This time
> > you and your cantankerous insults have gone too far.
> >
> > Morfydd

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395B60FE...@softcom.net...

> I did not say he was a christian or an AA member. I SAID HE TALKED AS
> THOUGH HE WERE ONE. I have never met Jimmie, so I can only understand
> him through the words and terms he uses.
>
> AA has it's own specific language and expressions when it comes to ndn
> participation. And that includes confronting others that express anger
> by saying they have some sort of personal problem. I addressed that
> response.
>
> It's OK with you that he preached to that woman, but it's not OK when
> someone reacted to the terminology!
>
> Jimmie can talk for himself, let him do so.
>
> As LL said, you do not know our ways and culture. Your ability to
> interpret is limited to your country and culture. Calling an ndn woman
> who is a working activist in her community a politician is a gross
> insult. You may have meant it as an insult and you may not have.
> Whatever, you caused an offense.

yeah but there needs to be understanding on both sides there
you guys know as little about us and what is ... or is not insulting... as
we
(morphy, me, grim, and anyone else who exists outside your world) know about
you
and i'm damn sure this is just another tired ol' information gathering
exercise
so i'm outta here

FB

> We have specific issues here that must be experienced in order to be
> objective.
>

> I for one have no use for AA as I think it creates many weaklings who
> believe they are helpless with a disease and must give it all over to
> the white mans god. This is what I was addressing in regards to Jimmies
> wording.
>

> Jim Bright Thunder

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

lenapelady <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote in message
> Sometimes people, especially those who don't know how a certain
community's
> culture works, don't understand how certain "things are done." What you
are
> calling "politician" around here would be called other things that are
> involved in doing the work of making it possible for people to work
together
> and to rise above their personal ego needs.

Greetings Dalai LL
interesting
morphydd was referring to you when she said "politician"
are you saying it is your job around here to do " the work of making it

possible for people to work together and to rise above their personal ego
needs"

why that's a mighty big task you're takin' on their LL .... by the way who's
allotting such responsibility for such a monumental task ? and how do they
suppose who's got what it takes to take on the task of helping others rise

above their personal ego needs"

who decides what the "personal ego needs" are of others?
what skills does anyone have to decide that?
sides Jimmie didn't strike me as a man with HUGE ego needs
that might get in his way of doing anything

> Jimmie has many things to offer;

magnanimouse

> but it is too bad that anger, misunderstandings, grudges, etc. etc. are
> standing in his way.

really?

>But if he chooses that, he chooses that. Human beings
> are human beings, and all tempers flare now and then.

where's the mirror?

>The trick is to let
> it burn out as much as humanly possible.....or so our leadership here
> teaches and practices.

and you're the leadership here?
we have a leadership here?
there's a conspiracy involved?
i thought it was just a haphazard bedraggled bunch a people from the world
over .... lumping their porridge in the pot .. errrr frypan
seems there's more to it then?
and who allotted this "leadership" to take the responsibility of teaching
and practicing for other people
isn't that manipulatin' other peoples lives for them?
oh how crude !!!
how obsessive!!
how manipulative!!
how abusive!!
how dabbling!!!
just let other people get on with their own lives Dalai LL

>Hey, I know of people here who hold grudges for 20 30
> years, they become family grudges.

this ng has been going for 20-30 years then?

>But overwhelmingly, those who do are less
> effective because they are building boxes around themselves and trying to
do
> so within the circle.

this is a circle?

>Heck, Morfydd, one man here who has a bad temper, and
> problems with emotion and ego,

mirror anyone?

>who tried very very very hard to be my enemy
> a couple of years back recently chose me as his assistant in planning and
> organizing one of the major yearly functions.

bravo !!
a testament to your 'people skills"

>Maybe the year's worth of work
> (well, actually more) I did with him you would view as a "politician", I
saw
> it as healing work that was necessary to bring forth more of the good that
> he can do and to crumble his boxes.

bravo another testament to your good works
there was some talk in here a while back about moving to do good without
espousing it to the world .. acting in humility
lots of humility there

>Is it easy? Nah. Is it simple? Nah. But
> it was important to me, and to our community, that I do that work. There
> were more than a few tough patches of highway, to put it mildly.
>
> That's where my focus is, doing what needs to be done within the primary
> community and then the larger community of Indian issues across the
country.

> To some, that I guess is "politics." Again, there are other ways of
viewing
> that kind of work, and frankly, to me it is the viewpoints here at home
and
> within the larger multi tribal community that share joint issues in real
> life, NOT ONLINE, that matter to me.

if this is so why do you spend so much time on line?
and why is it important to you to seemingly " take on the task of helping
others rise above their personal ego needs"

you know i been thinking something similar
been trooping the ng's for quite a while now...started out spreading the
news of the gentic engineering as it related to seeds etc...trooping
nz.politics abouting attaining some measure of self sufficiency etc
decided it's a waste of good energy and time

also rapidly deciding the really important people are the ones who are out
in the world really doin' it for themselves
and so they're the ones i'm gonna stick with and tag along
ng's are just full of people hurling shit at each other and-or full of shit
and-or telling the world how grand they are and-or COINTEL type mythologies
and fantasies ... (oh for shame .. bury those embarrassed faces in the
COINTEL-type online fantasies)

> I'm taking the time to explain that very clea
rly because it seems to me that
> too much time is being spent on developing shooting wars. However, having
> put forth this explanation for the benefit of the entire community, I'm
not
> devoting any more time or energy to this stuff, as my calendar and
schedule
> of responsibilities are full, full, full.
>
> And having said that, I'll also add this: the damned hard work is what's
> important. Using forums like this to brainstorm, to share information and
> ideas, to find and share resources, to debate to network, heck, to even
> have fun, is good if it can be accomplished. But when it becomes other
than
> that, then it is a liability rather than an asset, and at that point it
> simply has to be shut off so that it doesn't distract from the real work
at
> home.

agreed

> So I'm outta these discussions because in the long run, this is just
typing
> into the ether and the sweat and hard work in real life are what take
> priority. I wish ya'll well.

agreed
> LL

FB

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Carman:

To help with your understanding of my post: "here" refers to my home
community right here in Indian Territory, OK.

So your reply is totally non sequiteur.

Whatever you think about the NG, that's your right. But you've been here for
months complaining about how awful it is!

If you'd like to dialogue on this, be prepared to dialogue with yourself, as
I'm not interested.

LL

Carman <ca...@wave.co.nz> wrote in message

Morfydd

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Yes I am here, and yes I am listening.

here is my email address if you want to talk some more

mor...@aladdinscave.net

or m...@go-get.co.uk

Mop

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

> Carman:
>
> To help with your understanding of my post: "here" refers to my home
> community right here in Indian Territory, OK.
>
> So your reply is totally non sequiteur.
>
> Whatever you think about the NG, that's your right. But you've been here
for
> months complaining about how awful it is!

oh yeah? ..
(both flamethrowers blazing)
show me the thread
for months in fact more than a year much of this ng has been
shit slanging on the almighty whale debate
and that was awful
Eeeeveryone has been complaining vehemently about it
so don't hang that on _me_ madam

then there were certain incidents with a little bunch of gals in the ladies
room .. which i aint gonna mention
(oops better "play nice" or 'drumcarrier' aka Mr J Spaulding and various
other nom dee plums will come out and trounce me with a mighty good telling
off, name calling and finger pointing, in email of course where other eyes
can't see)

aaaaaall among sugar sweets of course

all sorts of imagined threats 'n' misinformation and silly games have been
tooing n frowing
....gossiping...inuendo .. death threats... you name it .. all sorts of
nonsense wild stories
goin' on in email
including threats of murder and revenge(you want i can present)
not to mention the various gossip and shit stirring(you want i can present)

and funny when shit hits fan how every one pleads
they are in poor health .. bit pathetic reeeeeeally
(you guys need to get some good tucker in ya before
y'all keel over and die)
geez what a whacky imaginative bunch
just like a real good ol' time soapee

and also the gossiping that goes on .. oh for shame !!
still i spose that's fairly typical for a "community",
as you like to think of it
you want more?
well i sure got a whole email in box of people who email me with comments
like:-

"The NG and all can go to hell in a handbasket as far as I am concerned. I
am through with all this bull####!! Done-over and out!! Don't care if I
ever hear from another person online as long as I live...."

you want more? i can present
almost like some are fishing for my own "black and shadowed" perspective of
this ng ... bunch a weirdos
i think you better do a quick whip round on exactly who is walking in
shadows here .. coz it's sure nice, bright, luminouse and shiney where i sit
(for a winters day)

> If you'd like to dialogue on this, be prepared to dialogue with yourself,
as
> I'm not interested.

and i note you only refer to one aspect of my reply
regarding the 'here' in one particular passage
as for dialoguing with my self, fine no problem there

i notice you took "the time to explain things very clearly " prior to my
comments
about your perceived duty to help others over _your _
imagined "ego needs" of others and other such manipulatin's

not willing to touch on these other matters eh? :-

> morphydd was referring to you when she said "politician"
> are you saying it is your job around here to do " the work of making it
> possible for people to work together and to rise above their personal ego
> needs"
> why that's a mighty big task you're takin' on their LL .... by the way
who's
> allotting such responsibility for such a monumental task ? and how do they
> suppose who's got what it takes to take on the task of helping others rise
> above their personal ego needs"
>
> who decides what the "personal ego needs" are of others?
> what skills does anyone have to decide that?
> sides Jimmie didn't strike me as a man with HUGE ego needs
> that might get in his way of doing anything

> and you're the leadership here?

> we have a leadership here?
> there's a conspiracy involved?
> i thought it was just a haphazard bedraggled bunch a people from the world
> over .... lumping their porridge in the pot .. errrr frypan
> seems there's more to it then?
> and who allotted this "leadership" to take the responsibility of teaching
> and practicing for other people
> isn't that manipulatin' other peoples lives for them?
> oh how crude !!!
> how obsessive!!
> how manipulative!!
> how abusive!!
> how dabbling!!!
> just let other people get on with their own lives Dalai LL

> this is a circle?

> > within the larger multi tribal community that share joint issues in real
> > life, NOT ONLINE, that matter to me.
>
> if this is so why do you spend so much time on line?
> and why is it important to you to seemingly " take on the task of helping
> others rise above their personal ego needs"
>
> you know i been thinking something similar
> been trooping the ng's for quite a while now...started out spreading the
> news of the gentic engineering as it related to seeds etc...trooping
> nz.politics abouting attaining some measure of self sufficiency etc
> decided it's a waste of good energy and time
>
> also rapidly deciding the really important people are the ones who are out
> in the world really doin' it for themselves
> and so they're the ones i'm gonna stick with and tag along
> ng's are just full of people hurling shit at each other and-or full of
shit
> and-or telling the world how grand they are and-or COINTEL type
mythologies
> and fantasies ... (oh for shame .. bury those embarrassed faces in the
> COINTEL-type online fantasies)

outtahere
fb

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395BD70B...@softcom.net...

> Hay Morfydd you there???
>
> Druidism is something I'd really like to talk about, leaving no stone
unturned.
> Like to tell you all about my many connections and what I learned, and my
ongoing
> family ties to the folks in Ireland and Scotland.
>
> I'd like to tell you all about the Morning Star Society and it's many ndn
members
> who study these universal ways that belong to everyone.

oh jeeeezuz sake what a load a shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some one was in my email just a cuppla days ago
whaling about some woman who'se been calling herself something or other
'morningstar' in some really stewpid website
and how the indian nation is gonna
"do her irrepairable harm and the rest of the indian
population is in cahoots "
YOU GUYS ARE ALL FULLA SHIT 'N'GOSSIP

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395BD70B...@softcom.net...
> Hay Morfydd you there???
>
> Druidism is something I'd really like to talk about, leaving no stone
unturned.
> Like to tell you all about my many connections and what I learned, and my
ongoing
> family ties to the folks in Ireland and Scotland.
>
> I'd like to tell you all about the Morning Star Society and it's many ndn
members
> who study these universal ways that belong to everyone.

oh jeeeezuz sake what a load a shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some one was in my email just a cuppla days ago
whaling about some woman who'se been calling herself something or other
'morningstar' in some really stewpid website
and how the indian nation is gonna
"do her irrepairable harm and the rest of the indian
population is in cahoots "

just for using that name

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
You talkin to me Carman???????

Jim Bright Thunder

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
What's goin on down there carman, you gone wacco? What's all the raving about?

Jim Bright Thunder

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
No No you got me wrong, I want to talk openly in front of EVERYONE!!!!

Sounds like you would like to make a hypocrite out of me, do it right here!!!!

Your lack of honor has come back to haunt you right here and now. I told you
many months ago about my Irish Druid affiliations because you were a celt and I
asked you to keep it to yourself because others on the ng may not understand and
you took what I gave you in all confidence and tried to make a fool of me with
it here today.

Pathetic!!!!!

Jim Bright Thunder

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
If they was to say they was they most likely wouldn't be anyway.
Druidry is pretty well all new age nonsence now a days.

JBT

john mohdom wrote:

> Druidism is something I'd really like to talk about, leaving no
> stone unturned. Like to tell you all about my many connections
> and what I learned, and my ongoing family ties to the folks in
> Ireland and Scotland.
>

> ...sorry, that was a snip of a message that was too long to
> copy using Deja.com.
>
> however, I too have that scotsirish thingie. ...got laughlins in
> the background...but I don't hang around w/any druids 80)
>
> john

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395C1AF8...@softcom.net...

> You talkin to me Carman???????
>
> Jim Bright Thunder
>
> Carman wrote:

yeah i'm talking to you
funny how this post on morningstar
turns up here
sure makes for interesting reading
when just 48 hours ago i had some fella
(and don't you worry i'm dealing to him in email right now)
ranting about
some stewpid woman (probably fictional) who'se been calling

herself something or other
'morningstar' in some really stewpid website

called "ancientsites"

and how the indian nation is gonna
"do her irrepairable harm and the rest of the indian

population is in cahoots " (his exact words)
apparently because she selected the name 'morning star'
to use in the idiotic website
have the indian population nothing better t do than chase some idiot ic
woman all over an idiotic website?

the fact that you are now bringing up a
subject that appeared in my email only a mere 48 hours ago
seems to me waaaay too coincidental to be factual
a bit too gossipy jim
someone ranted about me being a conspiracy theorist and aint no conspiarcies
in this ng
well be that as it may
there's sure as hell seems to be a lot of gossips

i have had enough of all the nonsense that arrives in my
email apparently emanating from this ng
some sort of practical joke?
it all started some months back with a nonsensical idiotic woman who was in
my email ranting about J Spaulding out to murder scott
and since then i have had repeated and continued
murder plots stories of 'irrepairable harm' and christ knows what else
turning up en queue in my email
i've had 2 this week
then the allegators all whimp out with stories of failing health
failing health all right .. failing mental health i say
have the people here nothing better to do than invent wild stories?
do the people here think i have nothing better to do than take heed of the
simperings and whimperings of wild and fanciful stories?
is there sooooo much murder and mayhem in your environment that everyone in
this ng all fear for your lives? ... what the hell they think i'm gonna do
about it? ... quick run save yourselves
i can't bring in the cavalry
as i said

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
oh everything is fine & dandy Jim
just conducting some investigations into human nature
nothing to worry about
been cleaning out my email
i'm sure you'll understand
peace 'n' aroha
carman

Carman

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395C1AF8...@softcom.net...
> You talkin to me Carman???????
>
> Jim Bright Thunder
>
> Carman wrote:

and over and above all this (the stuff below)
i should have added
that
if my ego were only 1/4 as big as some seemingly inflated ones here
i would almost anticipate
that the wild and imaginative stories may even be
some kind of imbecile attempt to get my attention
but i wont go that far
or else i might be in for some ego modification by the resident Lama

Graeme Butler

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Trying to make a fool out of you JBT would be like trying to pack butter up
a porcupine's arse with a red hot pin!!! Very difficult.

Cheers.

Graeme Butler

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Dear Carman

What.....Pray tell, is a huge hooooodadddy Spoon?

Dear LL,

I really thought that was you over there in the dark with the glowing eyes,
but now that you mention it, what I thought was the Morningstar is simply
the 'fixed' street light across the road.

Why doncha all come down to Te Araroa and sit on the beach for a couple of
weeks.?

Cheers

> Graeme Butler <tauranga...@clear.net.nz> wrote in message

> > he says I am in the darkness too......is that you with the glowing eyes
> over
> > there in the corner LL
> >
> > Wanders across with hands outstretched.
>
> hahahahahahahaha
> geeeez you got a big hoodaddy spoon there grim
> carman

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Hay Carman!

That's another Morning Star! The Morning Star Society never had, nor will have
a web site. There's some new ager female twit also using the name. Custer was
called son of morning star. The term morning star occurs widely in the ndn
world.

The term morning star is sacred to the Cheyenne nation.

In our case it refers to the planet Venus. That's all I can say.

The Morning Star Society has existed since 1973 and has never gone public,
never.

Yesterday is the very first time we have talked of our self on the net!!!!

We are a collective of members from several tribal groups that seek out our
elders so as to learn of obscure traditional matters so that they may be
preserved and shared orally with the younger ones who may seek to learn in the
future. Several of our members including myself interact cross culturally and
cross traditionally so as to seek out the things all the worlds indigenous
ancestors held in common. I for one have studied and interacted with people who
preserve the pre christian Celtic ways in the British Isles, France and southern
Germany. I have also studied with practitioners of the west African native
tradition called Voudon. I have also studied and interacted in other ways with
a collective of Australian Aboriginals. Years ago we worked with the tribal
people from Okido in northern japan on a project comparing their myths with the
stories of the coastal tribes of western Canada and the US.

If that helps!!!

Were not the same Morning Star people, honest.

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Now Carman, calm down.

You are getting some insight as to why we lost this country to the blue coats.

Haven't a clue what all your hostility is about?

Jimmie told the woman from Washington that she had an anger problem the other
day, gads, she was comatose along side of your rants.

Don't get so upset, it's not good!

Jim Bright Thunder

Carman wrote:

> <clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395C1AF8...@softcom.net...
> > You talkin to me Carman???????
> >
> > Jim Bright Thunder
> >
> > Carman wrote:
>

> and over and above all this (the stuff below)
> i should have added
> that
> if my ego were only 1/4 as big as some seemingly inflated ones here
> i would almost anticipate
> that the wild and imaginative stories may even be
> some kind of imbecile attempt to get my attention
> but i wont go that far
> or else i might be in for some ego modification by the resident Lama

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Hay Graeme!

Sorta like trying to hold a Eucharist with a hooooodadddy spoon. Gads you folks
from the southern climes talk weird!

My pal Carman is going off like a roman candle. I think she is growing
something strange in her garden that should not me ingested.

Is it true that toilet water when flushed, swirls in the opposite direction down
there?

I always thought Hercules and Zena were fantasy films made in NZ. Now I'm
beginning to think they are documentaries.

JBT

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Laughing...... what a curious hobby, this thing with butter and hot pins and
porcupine's arses.....jaysus and we thought Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker were
WEIRD, they weren't even the cartoon trailer for some of this stuff! LL

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Just killin time till Morbid gets back. Got any good jokes???

Jim Bright Thunder

lenapelady wrote:

> Laughing...... what a curious hobby, this thing with butter and hot pins and
> porcupine's arses.....jaysus and we thought Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker were
> WEIRD, they weren't even the cartoon trailer for some of this stuff! LL

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Hmmmm...... I'll haveta think about that, how clean do they need to be?
Geez, you bored without Mordread yapping and snipping at your heels?

OK, a blonde joke. This blind guy goes into a bar and says "hey, I got this
great new blonde joke." The bartender says "hey, be careful, I'm blonde, and
the bouncer, the guy with the black belt, he's blonde, and the waiter, he's
blonde, and the guy sitting next to you, he's blonde, and that guy next to
him is a pro wrestler, and he's blonde, so you might wanna back off the
blonde jokes." So the guy says "hell, yea, you're right, I don't wanna
haveta explain it five times."

LL
<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395CC6A4...@softcom.net...

> Just killin time till Morbid gets back. Got any good jokes???
>
> Jim Bright Thunder
>
> lenapelady wrote:
>
> > Laughing...... what a curious hobby, this thing with butter and hot pins
and
> > porcupine's arses.....jaysus and we thought Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker
were
> > WEIRD, they weren't even the cartoon trailer for some of this stuff! LL

> > <clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Good Un!!!

JBT

lenapelady wrote:

> Hmmmm...... I'll haveta think about that, how clean do they need to be?
> Geez, you bored without Mordread yapping and snipping at your heels?
>
> OK, a blonde joke. This blind guy goes into a bar and says "hey, I got this
> great new blonde joke." The bartender says "hey, be careful, I'm blonde, and
> the bouncer, the guy with the black belt, he's blonde, and the waiter, he's
> blonde, and the guy sitting next to you, he's blonde, and that guy next to
> him is a pro wrestler, and he's blonde, so you might wanna back off the
> blonde jokes." So the guy says "hell, yea, you're right, I don't wanna
> haveta explain it five times."
>
> LL
> <clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395CC6A4...@softcom.net...
> > Just killin time till Morbid gets back. Got any good jokes???
> >
> > Jim Bright Thunder
> >
> > lenapelady wrote:
> >
> > > Laughing...... what a curious hobby, this thing with butter and hot pins
> and
> > > porcupine's arses.....jaysus and we thought Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker
> were
> > > WEIRD, they weren't even the cartoon trailer for some of this stuff! LL

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
OK, you know about the guy called chickenpotpie, right? Picking girls up in
the bar? LL

> > > Just killin time till Morbid gets back. Got any good jokes???
> > >
> > > Jim Bright Thunder

> > and
Baker
> > were
LL

lisa dillon

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
You are a real trip Carrman!, I'd like to
blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
happy at home? Hows your environment?
Are you well?. Why stay here if it causes
you to spout such foul temper.... Maybe your
just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior from
my children right before growth spert....Lisa D....

lisa dillon

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
AHhh JBT!,,,,yah make me laugh....good way to
start the day :)))Mahalo "that's thank you in Hawaiian....Lisa D....

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
This sounds interesting, Jim. Why is everyone getting upset? I am not a
druid. Maybe a gnostic, although I don't like labels. I like reading and
learning about things, wondering about why we are all here. Is it something
to learn, or is it something we should try to remember? I don't know. This
morning I was reading in Zohar: The Book of Splendor. The part about Yahweh
being the smaller god and not the bigger god, the supreme power, the All
that is in the all. Why should we not talk or wonder or search? Why should
it be forbidden? Why should there be repercussions? Why should we be so
damned politically correct that we stifle our own human curiousity? This
mental self-imposed slavery is doing no one any good as far as I can see.
Dangling by a thread on the words of authorities who have suppressed true
teachings in order to control the people. Aren't they human too, these
power-hungry icons? But it is all a mystery to me.... My feeling is that
there is a single truth that lives within all the various stories and
religions. There can only be one true thing that is the seed of all things.
It is a big universe. I think Jesus had it right and love is all there is.
Everything good springs out of it... freedom, respect, joy, life... The law
of the Israelites says to respect your mother and father, and Jesus came
along to say that respecting your mother and father had nothing to do with
your biological parents. Of course, he was only one teacher among many who
said the same thing. Yeah. It was a good dream, this world.

We all break the law when we trash the earth, and the sun vindicates her. I
can respect that for sure. Mom says, "Just wait until your father gets
home."

Morning Star... yes, that is Venus to me also. Sometimes she is also the
Evening Star. Depending on whether she rises in the east before or after the
sun. It is also the end of The Book of St. John's Revelations. "I am the
bright and shining morning star." Is this a label that belongs to someone? I
had no idea...

Donna

--
"It may be long before the law of love will be recognized in internal
affairs. The machineries of governments stand between and hide the hearts of

> [...]

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
I sure dont know whats eating Carman, but it ain't good fer her health to
get so upset. Somethin is eatin at her.

Carman you OK? What's wrong pal???

JBT

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
It's a good way to heal the innards as well. Thanks.

JBT

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
A slight editorial correction: "everyone" isn't getting upset. LL

Donna <do...@tenforward.com> wrote in message
> This sounds interesting, Jim. Why is everyone getting upset? (clip)

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Good one Donna!

Druid is just a word, only the new age neo pagans tend to make it more. Druid
just means dedicated seeker of truth and wisdom.

There are many paths to wisdom and all are equal.

The "All" is beyond the box's people are comfortable with. People like names
like Yahweh or Jesus and so forth.

Political correctness seems to me to be contrived to stifle free thinking. Some
folks get all upset about a particular word or term or phrase and don't talk the
time to look to see what is anthers heart.

I came to the same conclusion about only one truth when it comes to supreme
sacredness or what folks call god. That truth is beyond my knowing so far,
unless we are all god and don't know it. Humans need different gods so they can
own them and sell them. Religions are vulgar. Churches are god in a box.
Salvation on the run if you will.

Jesus was a good and special man, why can't we all walk as he did? Without the
camel fleas of course.

Sorta like the earth and the sun. Our mother the earth is right here, but
father sun is way out there. We know mother for sure but father is conjecture.
God always has to be a male these days that way he is mysterious and can be
interpreted for us by an intercessor of questionable motive.

She, Venus is the bright light that comes just before the sun. She could well
be the dawning or first twinkling of unbridled consciousness/enlightenment.

When the dawn/sun comes to the so called holy land it comes from the east or
America. Something to think about for the semites in all their righteousness
self love.

Jim Bright Thunder

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Whoops. I stand slightly corrected. :) Thanks, LL.

Donna

> A slight editorial correction: "everyone" isn't getting upset. LL
>
> Donna <do...@tenforward.com> wrote in message

> > This sounds interesting, Jim. Why is everyone getting upset? (clip)

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Dammit, pull up a chair and sit down and be corrected, it's a lot more
comfy! ====;} LL

> Whoops. I stand slightly corrected. :) Thanks, LL.
>
> Donna
>
> lenapelady <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote in message
> > A slight editorial correction: "everyone" isn't getting upset. LL
> >
> > Donna <do...@tenforward.com> wrote in message
> > > This sounds interesting, Jim. Why is everyone getting upset? (clip)

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

> donna ya weirdo
> heard from fluerby lately

Nope. As I told you once before, I haven't heard from him in many, many
months. Last September I think it was. Don't know where he went or what
happened to him. I received a brief explanation awhile back from someone
else, which was good enough for me, and I am content to leave it at that.

Also Carman... that's Wacko, with a capitol "W".
You must have me confused with Wierdo, my evil twin.
Hopefully you never confuse me with my brothers...
Dumb and Dumber.

Donna

lenapelady

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Laughing here......and you spent weeks "championing" the people you're
dissing now, both actions in hopes of creating controversy and nastiness.

> and how's that idiot dee?

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

> lisa dillon <mamab...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > You are a real trip Carrman!,
> oh and that is all you have to say?
> no you guys are a reeeeeeal trip
> (fuckers)
>
> and actually i lied
> i said:-

> "it all started some months back with a nonsensical idiotic woman who was
in
> my email ranting about J Spaulding out to murder scott"
> actually that was an error
> truth of the matter is this
> it all started with that idiot fluterby (probably another fable)
> and the time _he_ slipped into my email making out he was under some death
> threat
> and did ya hear that one ( i spose ya did)
> about that foolish woman "donna"
> came ranting and raving into my email about whatever happened to fluterby
> and a whole lot of other shit

Ranting and raving, was I? All of my emails to you in the past was merely a
response to your emails to me. I am not so "foolish" as to email you without
an invitation, and I have not even done that in quite some time. I have seen
too many times what happens as a result of your personal emails, not only
from me but from others as well. People share something with you and then
you share it with the whole ng because you think someone is using you,
playing you for a fool, or trying to trap you and set you up in some way.
And then people feel like you are betraying their confidence and trust. And
even though it shouldn't hurt (everyone being 'strangers' and all), it sorta
does. Which still surprises me from you, Carman, as sharp as your mind is
and as compassionate as you are sometimes. So while I have no idea what is
going on with you right now or what kind of emails you are getting, and
while I also feel compassion for any hard times you might be going through,
I would rather be left out of this whole crazy mess if you insist on keeping
it in the forefront. I am sorry you are so suspicious, but for me it is over
and done.

Donna

> >I'd like to
> > blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
> > some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
> > happy at home? Hows your environment?
> > Are you well?.
>

> butt out mind yer own bizzo

> >Why stay here if it causes
> > you to spout such foul temper
>

> i'm just here to remind ya
> maybe like the guy that brought his enemy a car?

> >.... Maybe your
> > just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior from
> > my children right before growth spert...
>

> oh yeah ???
> and i spose you have such an inflated ego to think
> that you guys are responsible for my growth'n'development?
> sheeeesh inflated !!!
> could only happen in america
>

> >.Lisa D....

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Uh, yes I do remember that. I also have the emails you sent me to which I
was responding. You were asking questions, remember, Carman? Lots and lots
of questions. I was confused, you were confused. I asked questions, you
asked questions. You had interesting observations, I had interesting
observations. I said many things which were agreeing with what you first
said to me. Why do you act so innocent? Many of us had suspicions at that
time. Fluterby? I received the 'death threat' email from him also. Then he
disappeared. Naturally I was concerned. (Who would not be?) I did not know
at that time of certain damage he had caused to people. Later I understood
why there was a reluctance to speak of him. And now, seeing how you treat
your email, I am glad I never shared further information about him with you.

So now that your question is answered, I have only this to say to you:
Whatever respect I once felt for you is now gone as a result of you
publically posting my private email to you. It is less than honorable, more
than despicable, and about as hateful as anything I've seen from you. As you
know, it is against proper 'netiquette' and it is also not legal to post
private mail. I think if you would do this with anyone else's mail things
would go much worse. (Perhaps you have saved them too?) I suppose that
anyone on this ng who has written to you in the past should be worried now
that you will post their email. Good way to clear a room, Carman. Or in this
case, your email box. Amazing that you have sent emails to me and various
others regarding information you explicitly said you did not want discussed
on the ng. I have watched, and every single recipient has honored your
confidence, me included. And yet you do this... Interesting. Call me crazy,
but now I am beginning to question YOUR motives. I don't like the game
you're playing, forcing people's hands. And not just mine...

But when I already told you it was over for me and yet you insist on
dragging me back into it by posting private email... you are disrespecting
my freedom of choice and I can't tolerate that. I call that kind of behavior
controlling and manipulative. Thanks, but I don't need it.

(My apologies to Mop for previous suspicions last winter. I was wrong about
that and also a few other things.)

Donna

> hey donna remember this
>
> "Yes, I noticed Mop's pledge and also Wayne George awhile back. For some
> reason Mop has been accepted with open arms, and I am really not too sure
> why that is except that she is so darned agreeable to everything that
> certain people say."
>
> "I was also seeing things that
> suggested a kind of group-movement behind the scenes effecting what was
> going on in the ng. One particularly noticeable thing (which I think you
> already mentioned to me once, Carman) was the silence that would come
after
> certain posts by either me or you, especially in recent weeks. Sometimes I
> thought I was being very paranoid about this, but it happened too
> consistently, and the feeling (for me) was that there was some kind of
> meeting behind the scenes to discuss how this should all be handled. I was
> actually relieved not to be the only one who noticed this because I was
> beginning to have a lot of self-doubts about what I was seeing and
> experiencing, and how valid it all was. Sometimes I felt that something
was
> going on that was very insidious, but I couldn't quite put my finger on
it.
> To further the big "mystery", there is something about Fluterby that no
one
> will discuss outright, regarding his leaving the ng. And this happened
when
> Dee was in Mendota, after her initial problems with the Sista'hood list.
TJ
> knows what it is, but will say nothing, and the others have skirted the
> issue when I brought it up. All I know is the last message Fluterby sent
> me in email, he sounded scared and said he wasn't going to post anymore
and
> would probably get off the computer completely."
>
> unquote
> idiots

Donna

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00

Sorry, I don't know an idiot dee.

Donna

Carman <ca...@wave.co.nz> wrote in message

> and how's that idiot dee?

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Sorry carman, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. If you would
be so kind as to enumerate some issues, I can respond. Otherwise I can only
wonder what the heck you are up to.

JBT

Carman wrote:

> can't front to the issues eh big jim?
> ya whimp !!
>
> <clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395CEB68...@softcom.net...

> > I sure dont know whats eating Carman, but it ain't good fer her health to
> > get so upset. Somethin is eatin at her.
> >
> > Carman you OK? What's wrong pal???
> >
> > JBT
> >
> > lisa dillon wrote:
> >

> > > You are a real trip Carrman!, I'd like to

> > > blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
> > > some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
> > > happy at home? Hows your environment?

> > > Are you well?. Why stay here if it causes
> > > you to spout such foul temper.... Maybe your

> > > just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior from

> > > my children right before growth spert....Lisa D....

clo...@softcom.net

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Carman, I read more of your posts to other people and now I see the problem. Leave
my out of it. I won't get involved in your personal vendetta's. How small of you
to drag me into such pettyness.

JBT

john mohdom

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
clo...@softcom.net wrote:
>You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.
>
> JBT

OK; a tangent; but a positive subject. I live in a trailer
court; it is also a city; I'm mayor here (I can hear the boos
already 80) I use the city computer to comunicate here, it's in
the city hall. I heard a knocking on the (glass) door and a girl
wanted to know what to do with a billfold she had just found (in
a park of our rich neighboring cities). We called a number we
found and the mother of the billfold owner knew what was going
on and said she'd be right over to pick it up (she had no idea
where our city hall was...you know...that's where 'those people'
live 80)

At any rate, the girl (I'm guessing she was about 10) didn't
want to walk home in the dark, so I walked her home. The
billfold loser's mom came to pick it up a few minutes later.

That's a pretty puny story, but it's one I see as positive and
one reason I continue to be a 'politician'( actually, I try to
be a civil servant, but that's a different story)

john

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

john mohdom

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
"lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote:
>You know what I found interesting? I posted info about the
"Walk to
>Remember" around Lake Superior, and there was *no response to
that at all.
Those folks are doing an incredible thing and deserve support.

..'scuse me LL. If you have any idea of when they will be
around this end of the lake (Duluth), I'll see if I can create
some support.

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

i said:-
"it all started some months back with a nonsensical idiotic woman who was in
my email ranting about J Spaulding out to murder scott"
actually that was an error
truth of the matter is this
it all started with that idiot fluterby (probably another fable)
and the time _he_ slipped into my email making out he was under some death
threat
and did ya hear that one ( i spose ya did)
about that foolish woman "donna"
came ranting and raving into my email about whatever happened to fluterby
and a whole lot of other shit

>I'd like to

> blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
> some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
> happy at home? Hows your environment?
> Are you well?.

butt out mind yer own bizzo

>Why stay here if it causes

> you to spout such foul temper

i'm just here to remind ya
maybe like the guy that brought his enemy a car?

>.... Maybe your
> just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior from

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
donna ya weirdo
heard from fluerby lately

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
can't front to the issues eh big jim?
ya whimp !!

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395CEB68...@softcom.net...
> I sure dont know whats eating Carman, but it ain't good fer her health to
> get so upset. Somethin is eatin at her.
>
> Carman you OK? What's wrong pal???
>
> JBT
>
> lisa dillon wrote:
>

> > You are a real trip Carrman!, I'd like to

> > blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
> > some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
> > happy at home? Hows your environment?

> > Are you well?. Why stay here if it causes
> > you to spout such foul temper.... Maybe your

> > just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior from

> > my children right before growth spert....Lisa D....

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
and how's that idiot dee?

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
come away from those nasty peeeple grim
if ya don't be careful that dalai LL will make ya her friend
and thanks for the advance warning a few weeks back
i prepared .. me flame throwers well gassed
fb

> > No No you got me wrong, I want to talk openly in front of EVERYONE!!!!
> >
> > Sounds like you would like to make a hypocrite out of me, do it right
> here!!!!
> >
> > Your lack of honor has come back to haunt you right here and now. I
told
> you
> > many months ago about my Irish Druid affiliations because you were a
celt
> and I
> > asked you to keep it to yourself because others on the ng may not
> understand and
> > you took what I gave you in all confidence and tried to make a fool of
me
> with
> > it here today.
> >
> > Pathetic!!!!!
> >
> > Jim Bright Thunder

> > Jim Bright Thunder
> >
> > Morfydd wrote:
> >

> > > Yes I am here, and yes I am listening.
> > >
> > > here is my email address if you want to talk some more
> > >
> > > mor...@aladdinscave.net
> > >
> > > or m...@go-get.co.uk

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Hey, I'm suggesting a change for the name of the thread. The person named
isn't here now (so he said), and I feel uncomfortable continuing this thread
name as we have thread drift, etc. Even though he pretty clearly indicated
his disdain for some of us, I prefer to give back the simplest of respects
by not writing continuing various discussions under his name. Is that too
weird a viewpoint? LL
<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395D2553...@softcom.net...

> Carman, I read more of your posts to other people and now I see the
problem. Leave
> my out of it. I won't get involved in your personal vendetta's. How
small of you
> to drag me into such pettyness.
>
> JBT
>
> clo...@softcom.net wrote:
>
> > Sorry carman, I have no idea what the heck you are talking about. If
you would
> > be so kind as to enumerate some issues, I can respond. Otherwise I can
only
> > wonder what the heck you are up to.
> >
> > JBT
> >
> > Carman wrote:
> >
> > > can't front to the issues eh big jim?
> > > ya whimp !!

clo...@softcom.net

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Good idea, what the heck has Jimmie to do with all this petty crap. I don't
want to perpetuate bad feelings or get into other peoples personal vendettas.
What a mess. You can tell by the writings that skullduggery is afoot, why feed
it. Lets change the subject to something happy. I'm not gona get suckered into
negativity, or answer folks obviously looking for a fight.

It is a travesty to post such junk under Jimmies name. My apologies here
Jimmie.

JBT

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Thanks, JBT. Whatch think, does the current one (Philosphies & Rants) do the
job? Or maybe just start something new away from this, and leave those
agendas and skullduggery behind (or at least make 'em trot around to keep
up)? ====;} LL

clo...@softcom.net

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.

JBT

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Ahh, and to think that I wrote my farewell note in Lenape what, 2 weeks ago,
but keep coming back? Maybe after many years here, I still see value and
good things happening now and then...kind of like finding the wildflowers
among the shit.

You know what I found interesting? I posted info about the "Walk to
Remember" around Lake Superior, and there was *no response to that at all.
Those folks are doing an incredible thing and deserve support.

That's my contribution. Along with:

> [...]
> to seek additional rights to Colorado River water.
>
> By a 6-3 vote, the justices said the Quechan tribe should
> have the opportunity to prove its claim that it owns about
> 25,000 acres of Fort Yuma Reservation land straddling the
> river on the border between the two states.
>
> Unless the tribe is found to be the land's owner, it would
> have no claim to the water.
>
> The decision, although it does not end the dispute that in
> one form or another has been before the nation's highest
> court since 1952, is a victory for the tribe and the Clinton
> administration. It signals a defeat for Arizona and
> California officials who had argued that the tribe sold the
> disputed land to the federal government for $15 million in
> 1983.
>
> The Quechan tribe's claim is the last unresolved part of a
> case that began as a water-use feud between Arizona and
> California.
>
> Just last month, California and six other states appeared on
> the verge of a historic agreement that would give Southern
> California a 15-year deadline to cut its use of Colorado
> River water.
>
> Under a 1922 agreement, California, Arizona and Nevada share
> 7.5 million acre-feet of water from the river's lower basin,
> with California getting 4.4 million, Arizona 2.8 million and
> Nevada 3,000.
>
> An acre-foot is about 326,000 gallons, or a year's supply of
> water for a family of four.
>
> The upper basin apportionment is also 7.5 million acre-feet -
> with Colorado receiving 3.8 million, Utah 1.7 million,
> Wyoming 1 million and New Mexico 838,000 in a normal year.
>
> But California's average demand over the last decade has been
> about 5.2 million acre-feet, and the state traditionally has
> taken surplus water from Arizona and Nevada.
>
> The Quechan tribe's claim on river water is relatively small,
> at about 1 percent of that allocated from the lower basin.
>
> But the 78,000 acre-feet ''is not an insignificant amount of
> water,'' the justices were told when the case was argued in
> April. ''It comes out of the hide of the Arizona and Southern
> California urban water users.''
>
> Monday's decision ordered a court-appointed special master to
> study the tribe's claim to the land and, if it is legitimate,
> how much water should accompany the land. The special master
> then would make a recommendation to the justices, who would
> decide whether to accept it.
>
> The tribe contends it has owned the disputed lands since the
> reservation was created in 1893, and that $15 million it was
> paid in 1983 was to compensate for previous trespassing and a
> history of broken promises by the federal government.
>
> ''We hold that the claims of the United States and the tribe
> to increased water rights for the disputed boundary lands of
> the Fort Yuma Reservation are not precluded by the consent
> judgment'' in 1983, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote for the

(clip)

PLEASE NOTE THE DAMNED LEAD SENTENCE:
"The Supreme Court jeopardized the allocation
> rights of urban water users in Arizona and Southern
> California ..."

Now, that's stacking the deck, it's not a newslead, but a f* editorial
comment!

LL
p.s. JBT, feel free to tidy these into threads if you like. I gotta go for
now.

S.Dunlap

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

<clo...@softcom.net> wrote in message news:395D468F...@softcom.net...

>You can tell by the writings that skullduggery is afoot, why feed
> it. Lets change the subject to something happy. I'm not gona get suckered
into
> negativity, or answer folks obviously looking for a fight.

Happy subject!

It looks like a great berry season here. The blackberries and elderberries
are ripening. There are western tanagers hanging around and banded pigeons
also (the pigeons like the elderberries). The weather is jsut right, warm
but not hot, great for being outside in the woods. The birds are beating me
to the woodland strawberries, but that's ok. They need to eat too.

On a personal level I took some photographs of trillium, foxglove, and
Gaillardia (a daisy) into be matted - and two pro photographers asked me if
I planned on offering the photos for sale (or at least entering them in a
major photo contest coming up in October). It looks like dinking around in
the woods with my camera finally paid off (beside locating all the good
berry patches)

So what is the good news in your life?

Sandi

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
HANG ON JOHN!

July 2 Superior, July 3 /Duluth, July 4 Knife River.

Please e me!

And then I can give you phone numbers as well as email of organizers.

LL
john mohdom <johnmohdo...@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote in message

> "lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote:
> >You know what I found interesting? I posted info about the
> "Walk to
> >Remember" around Lake Superior, and there was *no response to
> that at all.
> Those folks are doing an incredible thing and deserve support.

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
This is a great story John, more power to you! Yes, being a "civil" servant
is a good thing!

When I was at NASA, we had this real fan, who just loved NASA. He'd call
into the newsroom, where the other PIOs would get snippy with him because
brief was to support press needs, do interviews, all that jazz.

He was a "special needs" person, including health problems, but such a good
soul, and just so proud of NASA. So to hell with the job "rules," I'd send
him things from missions, and talk to him when he called in. He just always
made me smile, too.

Well, after I left, he managed to get a message to someone who got it to my
ex, and to make a long story short, I still hear from him. He sent me a
clipping from when his local paper did a story on him and his NASA
collection.

In his joy and appreciation, he's given me far more than I ever gave him by
going that extra mile.

And that makes me remember, I haven't written him in awhile, need to drop a
postcard. :)

> clo...@softcom.net wrote:
> >You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.
> >
> > JBT
>

> OK; a tangent; but a positive subject. I live in a trailer
> court; it is also a city; I'm mayor here (I can hear the boos
> already 80) I use the city computer to comunicate here, it's in
> the city hall. I heard a knocking on the (glass) door and a girl
> wanted to know what to do with a billfold she had just found (in
> a park of our rich neighboring cities). We called a number we
> found and the mother of the billfold owner knew what was going
> on and said she'd be right over to pick it up (she had no idea
> where our city hall was...you know...that's where 'those people'
> live 80)
>
> At any rate, the girl (I'm guessing she was about 10) didn't
> want to walk home in the dark, so I walked her home. The
> billfold loser's mom came to pick it up a few minutes later.
>
> That's a pretty puny story, but it's one I see as positive and
> one reason I continue to be a 'politician'( actually, I try to
> be a civil servant, but that's a different story)

clo...@softcom.net

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Gona gourd dance tomorrow.

JBT

Kerchee

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
In article <1yc75.23638$_b3.5...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote:
>Ahh, and to think that I wrote my farewell note in Lenape what, 2 weeks ago,
>but keep coming back?

Because you keep reading things and must comment. The sign of a true
columnist.

Rick

*******************************
I'm desperately trying to figure
out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Kerchee

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
In article <395D4C7A...@softcom.net>, clo...@softcom.net wrote:
>You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.
>
> JBT

Ok...computer games...I rule at Quake 3. None shall survive my rocket
launcher.

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Right !!!!!!!!!!
that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was just wiping my feet on the way out
now i'm wading back in boots'n'all!!!!!!!

Donna <do...@tenforward.com> wrote in message

snip

> Ranting and raving, was I? All of my emails to you in the past was merely
> response to your emails to me. I am not so "foolish" as to email you
without
> an invitation, and I have not even done that in quite some time. I have
seen
> too many times what happens as a result of your personal emails, not only
> from me but from others as well.

yeah sure lets' have some examples?
unless you're referring to my posting history waaaay back and some nutter
called oak tree
truth of the matter is this donna
you and i have not spoken in quite some time
and one reason is this i made it quite clear that i'm not into spilling my
guts (as dee would have everyone sucking on enemas dawn till dusk)
i let you know early on i am not into the "inside out " notion of getting to
know .... or being known ... 'inside out '
seems the majority of this ng is happy to tell the world about who they are
what they do what they're into
that is not my scene
and so my emails to you dwindled to virtually nothing
quite boring i guess
i also made it quite clear that i was seriously considering staying well
clear of this ng for at least a year .. and i've just made up my mind about
that
and so there was little to add in our email discussions
also i would hazzard a guess you may have found it spiritually draining

>People share something with you and then
> you share it with the whole ng because you think someone is using you,
> playing you for a fool, or trying to trap you and set you up in some way.

and how would you be thinking that i be thinking that?
you a mind reader?

> And then people feel like you are betraying their confidence and trust.
And
> even though it shouldn't hurt (everyone being 'strangers' and all), it
sorta
> does.

i have betrayed nothing here donna
i'm well sure everyone here knew the background
you guys made it public from inception
you guys brought it out here and made it a public forum to start with
don't you hang that one on _me_

> Which still surprises me from you, Carman, as sharp as your mind is
> and as compassionate as you are sometimes.

i was tricking ya!!
ha! had you fooled !!

>So while I have no idea what is
> going on with you right now or what kind of emails you are getting,

yep and it is quite clear that i'm gonna keep getting them too but i'm
making a deal .. no more emails from me or to me and no more posts in this
ng from me
seems fair and reasonable
it is quite obvious that this is a road to no-where

>and
> while I also feel compassion for any hard times you might be going
through,
> I would rather be left out of this whole crazy mess if you insist on
keeping
> it in the forefront. I am sorry you are so suspicious, but for me it is
over
> and done.
>
> Donna
>

> > >I'd like to
> > > blame it on the planets....or maybe it's
> > > some funky tree your sniffing. Are you
> > > happy at home? Hows your environment?
> > > Are you well?.
> >

> > butt out mind yer own bizzo
> >

> > >Why stay here if it causes

> > > you to spout such foul temper
> >
> > i'm just here to remind ya
> > maybe like the guy that brought his enemy a car?
> > >

> > >.... Maybe your
> > > just going through a growth spert I hae seen this kind of behavior
from

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

> Uh, yes I do remember that. I also have the emails you sent me to which I
> was responding. You were asking questions, remember, Carman? Lots and lots
> of questions.

not as many as you are making out here donna
don't make it more than it was

>I was confused, you were confused.

you were never confused
it was completely obvious you knew alllll about what was happening
at the time you were making out you were a newbie and yet you knew all the
dynamics of the personalities and all the background on the events that were
arising
you were obviously NOT confused
had yur finger right on the pulse
and not only that you seemed exceedingly aware of my circumstances ... too
much so for a mere newbie .. and too much so for an innocent bystander

>I asked questions, you
> asked questions.

you seemed to know a danm lot of answers there
too many for an innocent bystander

> You had interesting observations, I had interesting
> observations. I said many things which were agreeing with what you first
> said to me.

don't make out i was an instigator of anything here Madam!!

>Why do you act so innocent?

mirror anyone?

>Many of us had suspicions at that
> time. Fluterby? I received the 'death threat' email from him also. Then he
> disappeared. Naturally I was concerned. (Who would not be?) I did not know
> at that time of certain damage he had caused to people. Later I understood
> why there was a reluctance to speak of him. And now, seeing how you treat
> your email, I am glad I never shared further information about him with
you.

that whole thing was fucking bullshit donna
jusyt like the others who've sidled into my email with similar scenarios
since then
it'all fucking bullshit
and besides this i think it really pisses you off that i didn't take you
into my confidence more... tell ya my whole life story...tell you all my
history...
private life and all the rest of it
that's why our emails dwindled away to nil
i wasn't giving ya anything
further it has become increasingly obvious that crazy people are going to
keep approaching me with the death threat scenarios
and funny thing
ya know this is peculiar to this crazy ng
all the other ng's i post to are regular people

cept for you guys go to the ng's of people just to piss them off
and you know that's true
saw a thread a cuppla weeks back one of the men here was going to another ng
to harrass dharma deva in an ng that dharma likes
that's crazy

> So now that your question is answered, I have only this to say to you:
> Whatever respect I once felt for you is now gone as a result of you
> publically posting my private email to you.

that whole thing of fluterby was fantasy pure fantasy
and i didn't post anything that everyone didn't already know
you are in tight donna

>It is less than honorable, more
> than despicable, and about as hateful as anything I've seen from you.

so?

>As you
> know, it is against proper 'netiquette' and it is also not legal to post
> private mail. I think if you would do this with anyone else's mail things
> would go much worse. (Perhaps you have saved them too?) I suppose that
> anyone on this ng who has written to you in the past should be worried now
> that you will post their email.

>Good way to clear a room, Carman. Or in this
> case, your email box. Amazing that you have sent emails to me and various
> others regarding information you explicitly said you did not want
discussed
> on the ng.

many of the emails i sent to you and others... were sent in duo to at least
one other party
ie you will recall i would email you and at least 1 other party
simulateously to ensure everything was above board and up front

>I have watched, and every single recipient has honored your
> confidence, me included.

and there you have it my point exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are in tight
you know every recipient i have ever emailed
you and the others have kept falling over yourselves by giving away nice
shiney bright clues like this all the way along
prooves my point exactly on what a bunch of SHAMEFULL gossips you all are
it disgusts and sickens me
and confidences?
i have said nothing that i would be ashamed of posting here myself
in fact might just do that
you want i could post every email ever emiled to anyone in this ng
oh that's right i forget
you all know all my emails anyway .. as you attested to in the line above
and this is exactly why i haven't been forthcoming in telling you my whole
life story .. you kept giving yourself away in such obvious little trip ups
like the above
and seemed to know all the inside info for a newbie
when in fact i have been here much longer than you

> And yet you do this... Interesting. Call me crazy,
> but now I am beginning to question YOUR motives. I don't like the game
> you're playing, forcing people's hands. And not just mine...

and isn't that the game you been playing
with the various death threats and inuendos
where's the mirror?

> But when I already told you it was over for me and yet you insist on
> dragging me back into it by posting private email... you are disrespecting
> my freedom of choice and I can't tolerate that. I call that kind of
behavior
> controlling and manipulative. Thanks, but I don't need it.

and neither do i
i am learning too much about you guys bad manners and underhand ways
and you guys COINTEL type passtimes and recreational persuits
tme to back waaaay outta here
life in the garden with the chooks 'n' ducks is more pleasant and honest
meeting the people of NZ outside my backdoor much more real and
invigorating.. at least they haven't been sullied by the environment you
guys live in....the people on our shores are mostly up front honest good and
respectable

> (My apologies to Mop for previous suspicions last winter. I was wrong
about
> that and also a few other things.)

yeah MOP at least seems all right
wiping the shit off my boots as i slam the door behind me
to leave the odds'n'sods with the silly games

carman

Carman

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
ahhh a circle
and so laughs the dissed .. by the people championed

> Laughing here......and you spent weeks "championing" the people you're
> dissing now, both actions in hopes of creating controversy and nastiness.
> LL

Erik A. Mattila

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
clo...@softcom.net wrote:

> You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.
>
> JBT

I have a suggestion - and you wouldn't have to change the thread title (I'll drop
the Bewitagos).

I would call it "On the Possibilitiess of Native American Philosophy." but
"Philosophies & Rants" is good too.

Here's the thing I've thought about for many years. I've seen a lot of books
that say they are "Native American Philosophy" and they are always a big
dissappointment. Not that some are not interesting, but rather that they aren't
'philosophy.'

"Philosophy" just isn't anything - I guess you could call anything "philosophy"
even if it's folktales, myths, etc. "Philosophy," in a very formal sense, is a
sort of tme-bound (generation to generation) discourse about the nature of the
world. Well, that's pretty obvious.

The only text I've read that comes close to 'philosophy' in a formal sense, is
Miguel Leon-Portilla's "Aztec Thought and Culture." I believe that Leon-Portilla
used a philosoply paradigm to write this book, and the material, which is pure
Indian, is organized to address standard philosophical questions such as
epistemology, ethics and so on.

I know of a Jicarilla woman who is a PhD in Philosophy, but the only thing I've
read of hers was an essay addresssing the problem of Native American students
being alienated from study of Philosophy for various reasons, one being the lack
of culturally relevant texts.

So it's an interesting problem to me. I think it's important because one thing
that is lacking in NAS curriculum, generally, are 'rigorous' texts in areas such
as philosophy.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'm prepared that everyone will find this topic
completely boring and off-the-wall. But maybe not. So how would one go about
writing "Native American Philosophy?"

Like "The Critique of Hunting Season" by Immanuel Can't Get On His Horses or
."Two Treatises on Uncivil Government" by John Lockes His Lodge?

Erik Mattila

Erik A. Mattila

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Kerchee wrote:

> In article <1yc75.23638$_b3.5...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote:
> >Ahh, and to think that I wrote my farewell note in Lenape what, 2 weeks ago,
> >but keep coming back?
>
> Because you keep reading things and must comment. The sign of a true
> columnist.
>
> Rick

Hey, LL ain't no communist! Oh, hell, that's an inside joke - it goes like this:

Years ago I was listening to a radio talk show in San Francisco, and this guy was talking about John F. Kennedy, and he
mentioned that he studied at the London School of Economics. Ring, ring, and on the phone this lady said "Whatchu talking
about? Kennedy ain't no communist!"

I thought it was funny...

Erik Mattila

clo...@softcom.net

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
I have been just as let down with every book I read called Native American religion.

I like the book "when the stars come down to earth" more in the line of
cosmology/cosmoginy.

JBT

clo...@softcom.net

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Writing a book on ndn philosophy would most difficult. The inherent problems seem
overwhelming. One way would be to divide subjects into chapters then quote book and
page, this one said and that one said. Tough one! The intro could define the
generalized groups of peoples like eastern woodland and so forth and speak of how their
environment including plants and animals effected their thinking and ways of expressing
thoughts.

JBT

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Wow, Erik, what a homework assignment! Hmmmmm....LL
Erik A. Mattila <emat...@tomatoweb.com> wrote in message
> clo...@softcom.net wrote:

(clip)>

john mohdom

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
"lenapelady" <lenap...@nospam.nope.nope> wrote:
>In his joy and appreciation, he's given me far more than I ever
gave him by
>going that extra mile.

..that extra smile?

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
Heh heh....nah, I aint no economist comunist or or or......!!!! Maybe I'm a
economic columnar...AKA short person???!!! LL

Erik A. Mattila <emat...@tomatoweb.com> wrote in message

lenapelady

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
hehheh..yep. :) LL

john mohdom <johnmohdo...@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote in message

john mohdom

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00
clo...@softcom.net wrote:

>> > Here's the thing I've thought about for many years. I've
seen a lot of books
>> > that say they are "Native American Philosophy" and they are
always a big
>> > dissappointment. Not that some are not interesting, but
rather that they aren't
>> > 'philosophy.'

OK, how about some that are not labeled philosophy? (yes, I
understand 500+ nations can't have one point of view; that
doesn't mean I won't respond to the comment 80).

I read this years ago, but my subjective memory is that
Eastman's Soul of an Indian gets close to what could be called
philosophy (note: just out of curiosity I looked up 'philosophy'
in a lousy dictionary I keep close to my computer (does that
make me a neo luddite? 80)... one of the definitions was:
"...the serene wisdom that comes from calm contemplation of like
and the universe." ...serene wisdom?...hehe, I love it!)

Two other books that might come close are For This Land and
Spirit and Reason by Vine Deloria (the latter is an upcoming
NativeWeb book club discussion).

Morfydd

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

wrote:
>>You or anybody pick a positive subject and I'm in.
>>
>> JBT
>>

>Ok...computer games...I rule at Quake 3. None shall survive my
rocket
>launcher.
>
>Rick

Hey I would go with that :-) But I am more of a Doom fan myself

Mop

>*******************************
>I'm desperately trying to figure
>out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Donna

Jul 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/1/00

S.Dunlap <mal...@gte.net> wrote in message

Yeah, berries everywhere! (I didn't know you lived on the peninsula too:)) I
have found some of those woodland strawberries too in the woods near the
bottom of the mountain out back of our place. Lately I've been seeing deer
all over the place, especially in my yard in the early mornings. There is a
doe that comes with two tiny little newborns from the field with tall grass
and they stand in the yard eating leaves from the bottom of the apple tree.
I thought they were mule deer (with the black tails) but someone who has
lived here a long time said they are called 'Sitka Deer'. Some coyotes were
in the yard a few weeks ago too and gave my puppy a good scare. It was wierd
too, they didn't run off when I came out like coyotes usually do. They just
went and stood by a big cedar tree for awhile. There were three of them.
Have you seen the coyotes up here? They are so beautiful with that thick
coat of fur, much prettier than the ones I have seen in the Ozarks. But
around here there have been a lot of reports about animals getting bold
lately. Cougars and bears have been seen in town and in residential areas.
My husband came up on a large black bear in the woods a couple weeks ago
(hee hee, there is a funny story but I don't think my husband would want me
to tell it), but we haven't seen any cougars. Still, since we are out here
in the country, I have been keeping the dogs inside at night. Just in case.
Our dogs act like to act brave... but they really aren't. One clap of
thunder and our German Shepherd is hiding under the bed! Good thing we don't
get many thunderstorms on the peninsula. Just lots of fog and good soft
rain... and an occasional sunbreak. :)

Donna

It is loading more messages.