Common misconception

Tarasco

Aug 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/11/99
there is a common misconception amoung people who is or was the most
powerful tribe in Mexico when the Euros invaded...
most people say that the Aztec/Mexica was the most powerful tribe but this
is very untrue..
the Purepecha tribe aka the Tarascans were probaly the most powerful tribe
at the point of invasion....
the Aztecs never succeeded in conquering the Purepeche even when the Aztec
empire wielded the power of the triple alliance...

lil bit of knowledge kicked to yall--
Tarasco

justanoldman

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
In article <woqs3.2123$Ci3.1...@news.uswest.net>, "Tarasco"
<losra...@uswest.net> wrote:

There are rumors that PAN & PRD are going to form a single party to defeat
thr PRIistas in the upcoming elections.. Have you any solid news that Fox
& his PAN party are dropping their anti-Indian rights platform?

Tarasco

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
No, I dont know squat about Mexican national politics
all i know is that the spanish and their decenants are in control of Mexico
which means the indigenous slaughter will go on
Tarasco
justanoldman <n...@inthe.game> wrote in message

Toolawlass

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
<losra...@uswest.net> writes:

>t the point of invasion....
>the Aztecs never succeeded in conquering the Purepeche even when the Aztec
>empire wielded the power of the triple alliance...
>
>lil bit of knowledge kicked to yall--
>Tarasco

Hi Tarasco--
Pardon my ignorance, but did the European invaders pretty much decimate the
Purepeche? This is very interesting and I wish there were more information
publicly available becuase you're right - I always heard the Astecs were the
ones--
Peace
Mary

Tarasco

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
No the Aztecs were not the "ones" as you put it...
and no the whites didnt kill off my people....
after the whites conquered the aztecs
for some reason or another saw their greatest foe-the aztecs beaten my
people didnt put up that much of a fight...pretty much surrenderred...
and thats why the aztecs are wrongly praised as the most powerful NDNs
cuz the Spanish defeated them and then it went down in white history books
as " there was once a great aztec empire.....but the spanish kicked their
ass THE END"
alot of my tribal ancestors were also killed by small pox and the manyother
euro sicknesses...
when you look up my tribe ..try looking up
Michoacan
Purepeche/a
Tarasco/an
love peace and taco grease,
Tarasco
Toolawlass <toola...@aol.com> wrote in message

Toolawlass

Aug 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/14/99
>alot of my tribal ancestors were also killed by small pox and the manyother
>euro sicknesses...

Ah yes, an all too familiar and all too sad thing--

thanks for the info - will look up[ as y9ou suggested!

Peace
mary