he Not So Great, Great Paul Watson

Monica

Feb 22, 2010, 5:42:54 PM2/22/10
http://pudgyindian2.blogspot.com/2009/12/not-so-great-great-paul-watson.html

Sunday, December 27, 2009
The Not So Great, Great Paul Watson
If you want to know how great Paul Watson is, just ask him. He'll be
more than happy to tell you.

In memory of fellow Paul Watson exposer, Peter Webster.

Inspired by a post on Portland Indy Media by Jim Lockhart.

A BIG THANKS to my wife, Shusli, for turning me on to this post.

PAUL WATSON IS A "POS"!

I first heard of Paul Watson on KBOO. He was being interviewed by
Andrew Geller as he was heading up the coast to go fight against the
Makah whaling effort. During this conversation, Paul Watson seemed
like a pretty interesting fella. Something didn't seem altogether
right about him, but then show me an activist where everything is
altogether right about them. Then Paul made a comment that taught me
to hate him forever, "We've become the Indians and the Indians have
become the cavalry." Odd, however, the Indians were not seeking to
slaughter women and children as the cavalry so bravely had in the
past. But after the Makah got their one and only whale, a little
incident happened in Forks, Washington.

After the whale was taken in May of '99, me, Skip Mahawk, and my ex-
wife headed up to Neah Bay to get some of our own answers. Skip knew a
fella in Forks and we stopped on the way. There we were informed by
this man's wife that she worked or volunteered for Neah Bay's Head
Start. They had brought a bus load of children down to Forks to watch
a local school baseball game. When they pulled into town, there was a
group of anti-Makah whaling protesters. These brave and glorious
protesters seeing that the words "Makah Head Start" were printed on
the side of the bus bravely attacked. They hit the sides of the bus
with their protest signs screaming threats to the children (all aged 6
years and under) and few adults inside as well as numerous racial
epithets. The bus load of kids managed to escape before the glorious
and brave protesters could tear the little kiddies limb from limb.
Now, who has become the cavalry?

We had brought some recording equipment with us, and Skip's friend
gave us the name of a fella in Neah Bay that would be willing to talk
with us. Mr. H. (not using his full name for his and his family's
safety) had a lot to say about how the community had reawakened in the
renewing of their whale hunting rights. More singing of traditional
songs, less drinking and drugs, less depression, etc. They also told
us of how Sea Shepherd Folk managed to force themselves into schools
in Neah Bay to preach their anti-Indian anti-whaling propaganda to the
kids up there. Mr H. also informed us of how the great Paul Watson and
his Sea Shepherd Society and the Sea Defense Alliance and others would
harass their ceremonies prior to and after the successful whale hunt.
Those brave SELF-PROCLAIMED white Indians Paul Watson and his various
thug allies, how quaint. I also asked Mr. H. about Alberta "Binky"
Thompson.

You all remember "Binky" Thompson, right? I'm sure the great Paul
Watson has forgotten his little Red N**ger tool by now. As the issue
of the whale hunt was coming to a head, the great Paul Watson and the
Sea Shepherd Society paraded a Makah elder around to denounce her own
peoples efforts. I saw "Binky" speak at the "End Corporate Dominance"
conference at Portland State University. Little old grandma crying for
the whales and denouncing her culture and her people. She also claimed
that pro-whalers had killed her dog, though she had absolutely no
proof, and I bought it, kinda, at first. I gave "Binky" a hug, and so
did a whole lot of other folk. But something just doesn't sit right
with me when someone accuses a specific group of committing a crime
that they can't prove when they have an agenda.

Mr. H. told us what he knew about Alberta "Binky" Thompson. Makah
people had little respect for Alberta Thompson as an elder because she
never did anything to warrant respect from the people. I asked about
her safety in Neah Bay, where she lived, considering what she had
done. Mr. H. said people just leave her alone like they always did.
There was no threat to her safety. (I saw her at "Makah Days" a few
weeks later and she was sitting around eating and having a good time
pretty much by herself).

Paul Watson attached himself and his organization to "Binky" because
he realized he could use her as a propaganda tool not against her own
people, but to convince non-Indians that Makah elders were against the
whaling and those against the whaling were being terrorized by the pro-
whaling Makah. So the Sea Shepherd Society takes "Binky" on tours of
their boat and offer her all sorts of little gifts and lots of
undeserved unwarranted attention for one reason and one reason only,
so they can use her as a tool for their own ends of attempting to stop
Makah Whaling. I have only a basic understanding of psychology and the
patterns in which people behave having studied them in personal life
and in the greater civilization through observation, reading, and
history, and so I don't come up with this accusation by simply pulling
it out of my ass. It is a common method to use someone as a tool for
people to gain an ends to their own means. In my opinion, however, the
ends was not, is not, and never really has been getting the Makah to
stop their whale hunt, especially in the case of the great racist Paul
Watson.

[side note: I wonder if in that new TV show about the great (big fat
and ugly) Paul Watson if he ever has had his little Red N**ger token
on, Alberta "Binky" Thompson. I kind of doubt it because "Binky,"
being accused (and rightfully so) of being an attention whore herself,
just might take away some of the attention from where it should be, on
the great Paul Watson.]

Armed with this information, I started listening carefully to lectures
by the great Paul Watson. I started noticing a pattern. Paul Watson
was talking about the great Paul Watson. If you get a chance, and you
will if you go to the Portland Indy Media article linked above, listen
to Paul Watson talk about how great he is. Whales seem only a back
drop in the life of the great Paul Watson according bo Paul Watson.
However, you will notice that the great Paul Watson is proven a liar
by Ward Churchill.

Paul Waston wrote a book about one of his favorite subjects, Paul
Watson. In this book he claims to have been at Wounded Knee during the
seige of '73. Even makes a few statements about events that actually
happened during this time. Claims he was given a name by Wallace Black
Elk during a sweat. That name was "Grey Wolf Clearwater." Paul said
that Wallace told the great Paul Watson that he was on this earth to
save the Buffalo of the sea, aka, whales. Odd, however, no one who was
actually at Wounded Knee in '73 remembers the great Paul Watson. Now,
for anyone who has been in a high stress situation such as a seige and
a firefight, you are gonna remember those around you, especially
someone as great as the great Paul Watson, wouldn't you think? Why
doesn't anyone who was actually there remember him? Ward does claim
that Paul could have been amongst the many folk who came and offered
aid to those beseiged but was gone within 24 hours. It is a
possibility, but rather doubtful. Ward Churchill asked Wallace about
the naming and Wallace stated that he didn't name anyone during that
seige. In fact, Wallace stated he wouldn't have given anyone two names
ever and he especially would not have named him Clearwater,
considering Frank Clearwater. It would seem that again, Indians are
just a tool for the great Paul Watson to agrandize the life of the
great Paul Watson. Red N**gers are just tools, tokens, and backdrops
(just like whales) in the life of the great Paul Watson.

During this time there was a misinformation propaganda campaign
enacted by the anti-whaling organizations. At the e-law conference
panel about the whaling just prior to the taking of the whale, the
great Paul Watson was telling the folk that the hunt was illegal, a
clear and provable lie. Article 6, section 2 of the U.S. constitution
states that treaties are "the supreme law of the land." In the Makah
treaty it states that with the theivery of most their lands under the
illegal conquest and occupation of the U.S. government that the Makah
maintain their right to hunt whales. To state that the Makah have no
legal right is to state that the U.S. constitution is a lie.

Also stated was that the whale hunt was gonna kill more whales. The
Makah received their quota from indigenous Russians. The Makah could
take 20 a year for five years, even though the indigenous Russian
group actually gave up 120. 1, count them, 1 whale was taken in that
five year period. That means 119 whales were NOT killed during that
time.

Johnathan Paul was trying to propagandize on behalf of his Sea Defense
Alliance organization that the Indians were going to sell products
made from the whale. Funny, the Makah had sent their lawyer to sit on
the panel (the Makah were too terrified to come themselves because of
the actual Cavalry mentality of the alleged activist community toward
them). When asked to respond, this is what he said, and I paraphrase
from memory: "It is true the Makah asked me to ask the International
Whaling Commission if they could sell products made form the whale
because they have a treaty right to do so. So I asked. The commission
said no. I told the tribe what the commission said, and they were fine
with that. They will not be selling any products made from the
whale." (Later, Jonathan Paul and I almost got in a fight behind the
law building at the U of O. The great Paul Watson's ex wife was even
involved. I forget what her name was as she was screaming at me and
those with me that she was 1/8th Cherokee and therefore had some sort
of supremacy over the Makah [never clearly explained]. Then again, her
name doesn't really matter in the life of the great Paul Watson). It
wasn't until after our little vocal altercation was ended (being
photographed prolifically by a photographer from the Register Gard,
though I do not believe any were published) that I noticed Jonathan
Paul's bicep was about as big as my head. I have since joked with many
a person that he may have sent me to the hospital had we come to
fisticuffs, but I would have left him with a nasty pinch he wouldn't
have forgotten for about 2 days. Jonathan Paul is now in prison for
his activist work, which is bullshit. The man should be free and
roaming the earth, even though I don't personally care for him all
that much.

About 2 or 3 years ago, Shusli had contacted a young Makah woman about
the whaling issue, shortly after the Makah's second attempt to kill a
wounded whale near Neah Bay. (The attempt failed, the Navy or some
group like them killed the whale and let it sink to the bottom).
Shusli and I and others had a call-in program on KBOO about the
whaling issue and we were talking about the great piece of s**t Paul
Watson, and what his actions against the Makah meant. I went on my
usual accusatory tirades of Paul Watson being an ego maniac and a liar
and that whales meant only as much to Paul in how they can elevate the
life of the great Paul Watson. A fella called in claiming to have been
a crew member on the Sea Shepherd and that my accusations about Paul
are true. He is an ego maniac, he is a racist, and whales do only mean
as much to him as how he can stand upon their greatness in order to
elevate his own. I also find it interesting in how few to zero of his
crew members are on any lecture circuits. I never hear him mention
their names other than some are former members of the SEALS (bfd). Why
can't we talk with them? Why are they never on tour with him? Why does
he hog all the glory? AND WHAT ABOUT THE WHALES?

I have seen clips of Paul Watson's TV show. I've seen the video of him
on the helm. I can just imagine him telling the camerafolk the proper
angles to get of him, how he will turn his head at a certain time and
share with the world his glorious and fat ugly face. But here is
another issue I have with Paul...WHAT ABOUT THE WHALES?

Whales are facing many more issues than just whaling. Truthout did a
big expose on the U.S. military dumping tons of its poison gas
cannisters into the bottom of the ocean. Any mention of stopping that
for the whales? Any mention of stopping the industrial pollution for
the whales? Any mention of the current global climate change on the
whales? Any mention of the U.S. military using their sonar on the
whales? Any mention of the indigenous further north and their issues
in subsistance hunting whales? Anything about whales at all? All I've
seen is the great Paul Watson and his (nameless?) crew members chasing
down Japanese whalers. Mind you, I do not support industrial whaling
under any disguise like that which the Japanese are doing, but where
are the whales? What is happening to the whales? Mind you, it is more
than just industrial whaling that is killing them. And all I see are
Paul Watson and crew going after whalers. Nothing more. The show is
about the glory of the great Paul Watson and to a lesser extent, the
Sea Shepherd Society, and to an even lesser extent, the crew members.
WHAT ABOUT THE WHALES?

Paul Watson, the Sea Shepherd Society, and their whole crew and
supporters can GO F**K THEMSELVES! Industrial whale hunting is only
part of the problem. In my opinion, because the Makah issue was
getting so much publicity is the ONLY reason Paul and crew went up
against the Makah. Paul was latching on to their publicity and making
it his own. Had the cameras been gone, had their been little to no
attention paid to the issue, I doubt Paul would have ever shown up,
nor any of those other f**king a**holes. In fact, Paul would have
probably been saying, if asked, the same s**t I said above, "The Makah
have a treaty right to hunt whales. They had voluntarily given up that
right when the industrial whaling came close to making whales extinct.
Now that they whales are coming back and they received thier quota
from the indigenous Russians, not only will their at best be the same
amount of whales legally taken every year, but their may be even less
should their hunts not be as successful." But the Makah got a lot of
media, and what better for an ego maniac in his constant personal self-
promotion. Whales? yeah, Whatever.

Don't get me started on some of the alleged leaders of the alleged
Peace Movement, either!

Posted by Eugene at 6:36 AM