Nobody likes...a bad idea

rob...@aol.com

Jul 27, 2006, 10:53:12 AM7/27/06

Even though I opted not to buy the record, I still routinely check the
White site. With their keyboard player crushing the unoriginal Asia,
in favor of original Asia, I figured a funny possibility would be for
White to go original as well...and so I look for news.

Anyway, the beginning of last week a new blurb showed up suggesting
there could be news forthcoming regarding live shows. The blurb
suggested checking back later in the week. So here we are later the
*next* week and the only update is a link to the Boyceblog...and bless
his heart, in his very first post he takes a shot at Nardelli (without
naming him of course) and even at Downes (probably not knowing that
Downes was once "creepy"....er..."inappropriate" enough to post
here)...and don't ya' know, there's even a photo of what appears to be
an organ grinder's monkey.

http://steveboycenow.spaces.msn.com/

Rob "so would that be a regular week, or a Seattle week" Allen

Paul Goodwin

Jul 27, 2006, 2:29:28 PM7/27/06

<rob...@aol.com> wrote in message

>and bless
> his heart, in his very first post he takes a shot at Nardelli (without
> naming him of course) and even at Downes (probably not knowing that
> Downes was once "creepy"....er..."inappropriate" enough to post
> here)...and don't ya' know, there's even a photo of what appears to be
> an organ grinder's monkey.
>
> http://steveboycenow.spaces.msn.com/

And this guy is.......?

A bit pompous for basically a nobody, first he says : "but I feel the band
has a mutual understanding that these are sites for the fans and not a forum
for people in the bands. Having seen a some of that in the past year, it
just seems a bit, well, ok, I'll say it - creepy. No - shouldn't have said
that - inappropriate is a much better word"

and, having said that says right after: "But - how many ways do we have to
communicate to the people who are or might be interested in our music? It's
not easy for a new or unestablished act to reach large amounts of people.
You gotta use the tools available."

He can't have it both ways, whoever he is. Plenty of bands post to their
"fan" groups, Michael Schenker, David Coverdale, just to name 2.

Both names I recognize, the White bozo I do not.

--

Paul

rob...@aol.com

Jul 27, 2006, 3:07:44 PM7/27/06

Paul Goodwin wrote:
> <rob...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >
> >and bless
> > his heart, in his very first post he takes a shot at Nardelli (without
> > naming him of course) and even at Downes (probably not knowing that
> > Downes was once "creepy"....er..."inappropriate" enough to post
> > here)...and don't ya' know, there's even a photo of what appears to be
> > an organ grinder's monkey.
> >
> > http://steveboycenow.spaces.msn.com/
> >

> And this guy is.......?

married to a sometime secret agent/producer of classic frozen pastries,
cakes and pies troll.

> A bit pompous for basically a nobody, first he says : "but I feel the band
> has a mutual understanding that these are sites for the fans and not a forum
> for people in the bands. Having seen a some of that in the past year, it
> just seems a bit, well, ok, I'll say it - creepy. No - shouldn't have said
> that - inappropriate is a much better word"
>
> and, having said that says right after: "But - how many ways do we have to
> communicate to the people who are or might be interested in our music? It's
> not easy for a new or unestablished act to reach large amounts of people.
> You gotta use the tools available."
>
> He can't have it both ways, whoever he is. Plenty of bands post to their
> "fan" groups, Michael Schenker, David Coverdale, just to name 2.
>
> Both names I recognize, the White bozo I do not.

certainly the whole bit is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Rob "on so many levels" Allen

rojon

Jul 27, 2006, 5:32:07 PM7/27/06

I'll spring for the ammo

np: LOL

pro...@hotmail.com

Jul 27, 2006, 6:00:44 PM7/27/06
Paul Goodwin quotes Steve Boyce:

> and, having said that says right after: "But - how many ways do we have to
> communicate to the people who are or might be interested in our music? It's
> not easy for a new or unestablished act to reach large amounts of people.
> You gotta use the tools available."

myspace

AJasira

Jul 27, 2006, 6:38:48 PM7/27/06

rob...@aol.com wrote:

> Paul Goodwin wrote:
> >
> > And this guy is.......?
>

> married to a sometime secret agent/producer of classic frozen pastries,
> cakes and pies troll.

"July 27 - Got an email today telling us we'll be opening for Peter
Frampton on Aug 17th at the Tulalip Amphitheater." No word yet on
Gentle Giant and Gary Wright.

Alan

Chris Jemmett

Jul 27, 2006, 11:32:22 PM7/27/06

Wow, you're like a boxer who got knocked out and then woke up a few
hours later, jumped up yelling, "c'mon, lets go, where is the coward,
I'll knock him silly, bring him ON!".

Artboyy2k

Jul 28, 2006, 5:42:57 AM7/28/06

Exactly, well except that this isn't exactly boxing. Oh, and the crowd
is still here and replying...OH and I am actually (despite the
obligatory protests from the peanut gallery) doing quite well.

Chris Jemmett

Jul 28, 2006, 8:25:34 AM7/28/06

Still, the analogy is right on.

Oh, and the crowd is still here and replying...OH and I am actually
(despite the
> obligatory protests from the peanut gallery) doing quite well.

If being the seemingly oblivious tareget of ridicule is "doing quite
well", then ya, I guess so. You go, girl.

Peter

Jul 28, 2006, 8:05:02 PM7/28/06
On 28 Jul 2006 05:25:34 -0700, "Chris Jemmett" <ccje...@rogers.com>
wrote:

> You go, girl.

One can always tell when a phrase is truly gone out of style: middle
aged white men start using it.

Chris Jemmett

Jul 28, 2006, 9:35:58 PM7/28/06

Yup. And a couple of us have been using it around here for a while.
Technically, that is the first time that I have been called middle
aged...
.
.
.