Woodstock 40th Anniversary DVD Arrives June 9

keifspoon

Mar 19, 2009, 8:29:05 PM3/19/09
http://www.dvdtown.com/news/woodstock-40th-anniversary-ultimate-collectors-edition-dvd--blu-ray-arrives-june-9/5791

FULL DESCRIPTION of 18 Bonus Performances:
· Joan Baez: "One Day at a Time"
· Country Joe McDonald: "Flying High"
· Santana: "Evil Ways"
· Canned Heat: "I'm Her Man" and "On the Road Again"
· Mountain: "Beside the Sea" and "Southbound Train"
· Grateful Dead: "Turn On Your Love Light"
· Creedence Clearwater Revival: "Born on the Bayou", "I've Put a Spell
on You" and "Keep on Chooglin"
· The Who: "We're Not Going To Take It" and "My Generation"
· Jefferson Airplane: "3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds"
· Joe Cocker: "Something's Coming On"
· Johnny Winter: "Mean Town Blues"
· Paul Butterfield: "Morning Sunrise"
· Sha Na Na: "Teen Angel"

And from another site -

Amazon is listing there bonus cuts as: Grateful Dead, Jefferson
Airplane, and Country Joe and the Fish. I believe the songs will be
"Mama Tried", "Volunteers", and "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine". Target
hasn't announced their 3 songs yet, but I suspect it will be Jimi
Hendrix, The Who, and Canned Heat.

Me

Mar 20, 2009, 6:43:34 AM3/20/09
On Mar 19, 8:29 pm, keifspoon <jimz...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://www.dvdtown.com/news/woodstock-40th-anniversary-ultimate-colle...

> FULL DESCRIPTION of 18 Bonus Performances:
> · Joan Baez: "One Day at a Time"
> · Country Joe McDonald: "Flying High"
> · Santana: "Evil Ways"
> · Canned Heat: "I'm Her Man" and "On the Road Again"
> · Mountain: "Beside the Sea" and "Southbound Train"
> · Grateful Dead: "Turn On Your Love Light"
> · Creedence Clearwater Revival: "Born on the Bayou", "I've Put a Spell
> on You" and "Keep on Chooglin"
> · The Who: "We're Not Going To Take It" and "My Generation"
> · Jefferson Airplane: "3/5 of a Mile in 10 Seconds"
> · Joe Cocker: "Something's Coming On"
> · Johnny Winter: "Mean Town Blues"
> · Paul Butterfield: "Morning Sunrise"
> · Sha Na Na: "Teen Angel"
>
> And from another site -
>
> Amazon is listing there bonus cuts as: Grateful Dead, Jefferson
> Airplane, and Country Joe and the Fish. I believe the songs will be
> "Mama Tried", "Volunteers", and "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine". Target
> hasn't announced their 3 songs yet, but I suspect it will be Jimi
> Hendrix, The Who, and Canned Heat.

The entire Jimi Hendrix show is already out, so any bouus cuts from
him don't really matter to me. I've always wondered why Jimi's estate
has been able to put his entire show out, but few if any other bands,
The Who included have not. Such a shame.

stuth...@comcast.net

Mar 20, 2009, 5:20:19 PM3/20/09
> The Who included have not. Such a shame.- Hide quoted text -

I have soundboard tapes of Jimi's, the Dead's, Creedence's and Janis's
complete sets. The CD of Jimi's performance excludes two songs that
were sung by other band members.

Unicorn

May 5, 2009, 6:46:46 PM5/5/09
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:29:05 -0700 (PDT), keifspoon <jim...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Amazon is listing there bonus cuts as: Grateful Dead, Jefferson
>Airplane, and Country Joe and the Fish. I believe the songs will be
>"Mama Tried", "Volunteers", and "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine". Target
>hasn't announced their 3 songs yet, but I suspect it will be Jimi
>Hendrix, The Who, and Canned Heat.

This is what is listed on the Target web site:

Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music Director's Cut
(40th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition with Amazon Exclusive
Bonus Disc)
$41.99

So the Target version is actually the Amazon version. Thank God. I
didn't want to have to choose between the two of them. Unfortunately,
we're still only looking at about 12-15 minutes of music.

jim...@aol.com

Jun 2, 2009, 8:53:18 PM6/2/09
OK, it looks like Target will have the extra Who footage...out a week
from today!

http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dd6hwpw8_1856c34395fw&revision=_latest