Podcast Archive?

CJ Kucera

Apr 12, 2006, 7:00:03 PM4/12/06
Hello all.

I don't suppose anyone's been archiving older podcasts? They've got
back to 4A on Their site still, but it'd be nice to be able to hear
the previous one. (Obviously I'm jumping into the TMBG Podcast Arena
a little late here.)

Thanks!

-CJ

--
WOW: Kakistocracy | "The ships hung in the sky in much the same
apocalyptech.com/wow | way that bricks don't." - Douglas Adams,

Charlie Turner

Apr 13, 2006, 10:11:41 AM4/13/06
CJ Kucera wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I don't suppose anyone's been archiving older podcasts? They've got
> back to 4A on Their site still, but it'd be nice to be able to hear
> the previous one. (Obviously I'm jumping into the TMBG Podcast Arena
> a little late here.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -CJ

I've got 1, 2, 3A, 4A, 5A, 5B and 6A. Let me know which ones you want -
and if anyone has the ones I don't have let me know!!

charlie*

Bryce

Apr 13, 2006, 12:10:10 PM4/13/06
Charlie Turner:

> I've got 1, 2, 3A, 4A, 5A, 5B and 6A. Let me know which ones you
> want - and if anyone has the ones I don't have let me know!!

That's the complete collection so far, I'm pretty sure.

Bryce

makebase

Apr 13, 2006, 12:28:50 PM4/13/06

That's all I've got and I don't think I've missed any.

CJ Kucera

Apr 13, 2006, 4:00:03 PM4/13/06
> I've got 1, 2, 3A, 4A, 5A, 5B and 6A. Let me know which ones you want -
> and if anyone has the ones I don't have let me know!!

Thanks for the offer - A few other folks actually already hooked me
up over email, so I'm good to go.

I'd be happy to send 'em on to anyone else who's looking.

Charlie Turner

Apr 13, 2006, 6:14:59 PM4/13/06
thanks for that guys, I wasn't sure as I was downloading haphazardly!!

MickAvory

Apr 14, 2006, 12:39:00 AM4/14/06
Can any of you guys please hook me up with 1 through 5A.? I just got
into this podcasting stuff on I-tunes tonight and got 5B, 6A and 6B.

Sorry I missed the first ones.

Please help.

Thanks.

Sean

email sms...@cox.net

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:00:03 GMT, "CJ Kucera" <ne...@apocalyptech.com>

CJ Kucera

Apr 14, 2006, 2:00:03 AM4/14/06
> Sorry I missed the first ones.

I wonder if anyone out there with a somewhat-decent connection would
mind hosting a small bittorrent tracker for these. It seems like
that'd be pretty ideal for this kind of thing.

/me just tosses ideas out without being able to help really

Jim C

Apr 14, 2006, 11:28:05 PM4/14/06
Please send 3A, 4A, and 5A to jc2...@earthlink.net

TIA

Jim

Charlie Turner

Apr 15, 2006, 5:31:20 AM4/15/06
My attempt to send podcast 2 doesn't seem to work, and I'm not
technologically minded enough to work out how to sort it, so you're
probably best off asking someone else for these. Sorry guys!

makebase

Apr 15, 2006, 3:36:22 PM4/15/06

Yuccatan

Apr 27, 2006, 1:21:38 AM4/27/06
Charlie Turner <charlott...@durham.ac.uk> wrote in

I'm missing 3A and 4A... Is there a good spot to post these (and the
others, which I'll gladly contribute)? alt.binaries.sounds.mp3, or is
that too general?

CJ Kucera

Apr 27, 2006, 11:00:03 AM4/27/06
Yuccatan <yu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm missing 3A and 4A... Is there a good spot to post these (and the
> others, which I'll gladly contribute)? alt.binaries.sounds.mp3, or is
> that too general?

3a - http://download.yousendit.com/1BA512E75EAAB695
4a - http://download.yousendit.com/434A88784D472AAD

Those should still be good - I've given those out to a couple people,
I believe there's a 10-download max on those.

IMO it'd be ideal to have a small bittorrent tracker somewhere to
serve the podcasts. Bandwidth requirements wouldn't be too bad.
If I had a static IP I'd be happy to serve 'em up, but alas...

Yuccatan

Apr 28, 2006, 8:51:58 AM4/28/06
"CJ Kucera" <ne...@apocalyptech.com> wrote in

> Yuccatan <yu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm missing 3A and 4A... Is there a good spot to post these (and the
>> others, which I'll gladly contribute)? alt.binaries.sounds.mp3, or
>> is that too general?
>
> 3a - http://download.yousendit.com/1BA512E75EAAB695
> 4a - http://download.yousendit.com/434A88784D472AAD
>
> Those should still be good - I've given those out to a couple people,
> I believe there's a 10-download max on those.
>
> IMO it'd be ideal to have a small bittorrent tracker somewhere to
> serve the podcasts. Bandwidth requirements wouldn't be too bad.
> If I had a static IP I'd be happy to serve 'em up, but alas...
>
> -CJ

Much obliged. Is there any reason these couldn't be torrented on
someplace like dimeadozen.org? When 50-Foot Wave (Kristin Hersh's
current band) released a "free" EP, they actually encouraged
distribution through there. The messages I've seen about the Podcasts
being removed from iTunes were that the bandwidth wasn't possible for
the older material, but these are free, after all. Perhaps if they're
only torrented once they've come down?

CJ Kucera

Apr 28, 2006, 11:00:02 AM4/28/06
> Much obliged. Is there any reason these couldn't be torrented on
> someplace like dimeadozen.org? When 50-Foot Wave (Kristin Hersh's

It'd certainly be possible to upload it onto some already-existing
tracker. Dime itself won't work because they've got policies about
not allowing any officially-released material on there (even stuff
that's unavailable now), but some other tracker could be found, I
suppose.

Personally I think that using a currently-existing public tracker
would just cause the podcasts to get buried underneath all the
other activity. I think it'd be much simpler to have one set up
to just track the podcasts. That way there's much more control over
how it's dealt with when a new one's released, too.

Of course, as before, I lack the ability to actually *do* anything
about my suggestions, so it's all just wishful thinking. :)

Yuccatan

Apr 28, 2006, 11:50:39 PM4/28/06
"CJ Kucera" <ne...@apocalyptech.com> wrote in news:9tk9i3-jts.ln1
@mcp.internal.apocalyptech.com:

>> Much obliged. Is there any reason these couldn't be torrented on
>> someplace like dimeadozen.org? When 50-Foot Wave (Kristin Hersh's
>
> It'd certainly be possible to upload it onto some already-existing
> tracker. Dime itself won't work because they've got policies about
> not allowing any officially-released material on there (even stuff
> that's unavailable now), but some other tracker could be found, I
> suppose.
>
> Personally I think that using a currently-existing public tracker
> would just cause the podcasts to get buried underneath all the
> other activity. I think it'd be much simpler to have one set up
> to just track the podcasts. That way there's much more control over
> how it's dealt with when a new one's released, too.
>
> Of course, as before, I lack the ability to actually *do* anything
> about my suggestions, so it's all just wishful thinking. :)
>
> -CJ

I know DaD has policies, but from my experience they apply to
commercially released material (i.e., for profit). With band
permission/acquiescence, it doesn't seem to bother them. It might be
worth putting up there with an explanation and see if they object
(meaning DaD, or even TMBG).

Store 24

Apr 29, 2006, 6:57:43 AM4/29/06
CJ Kucera wrote:
> Yuccatan <yu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm missing 3A and 4A... Is there a good spot to post these (and the
>>others, which I'll gladly contribute)? alt.binaries.sounds.mp3, or is
>>that too general?
>

> 3a - http://download.yousendit.com/1BA512E75EAAB695
> 4a - http://download.yousendit.com/434A88784D472AAD
>
> Those should still be good - I've given those out to a couple people,
> I believe there's a 10-download max on those.

There are other "free" (TANSTAAFL) web-storage services like
rapidshare.de and megaupload.com that claim they will not delete a file
or its link until after 20-30 days of no downloading, with no limit on
the number of retrievals. They have other drawbacks compared to
yousendit, but for longer-term archiving they might be a better option.

> IMO it'd be ideal to have a small bittorrent tracker somewhere to
> serve the podcasts. Bandwidth requirements wouldn't be too bad.
> If I had a static IP I'd be happy to serve 'em up, but alas...

As long as we're talking ideals, why not a *large* bittorrent tracker,
to serve the podcasts as well as other non-commercial material. Like
Mono Puff bootlegs :)

CapitalQ

Apr 30, 2006, 7:35:04 AM4/30/06
Flansburgh stated that many songs from the TMBG Podcast will be
released on CD later this year, therefore DaD won't allow it. TMBG does
intend to eventually make a profit from these recordings, which is most
likely the other reason the MP3s get deleted quickly after new ones
come out.