Superfueled Freaksicle, or as close as I can get

Mike May

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
For anyone here who doesn't know, Superfueled Freaksicle was the proposed name
for a b-side compilation of tracks from Flood onwards. Since there will
apparently never be an official Superfueled Freaksicle, I decided a few months
ago to make my own. It took quite a while to get the few tracks I didn't have
to finish up the compilation. I wanted CD-quality sound, so I resolved not to
use any MP3 files.

Anyway, I finally finished it, artwork and all. It's not strictly a TMBG
compilation; I had a bit of space at the end of each disc, so I included 3 Mono
Puff b-sides at the last minute. Here is the track list, comments welcome:

Disc 1:
1. James K. Polk [Original Version]
2. Stormy Pinkness
3. Ant
4. One More Parade
5. Your Racist Friend (Sampla-Delic Remix)
6. Welcome To The Jungle
7. I Blame You
8. Moving To The Sun
9. Cabbagetown
10. Siftin’
11. Larger Than Life (Joshua Fried’s remake of She’s Actual Size)
12. Particle Man (Live)
13. Why Does The Sun Shine?
14. Jessica
15. Whirlpool
16. Spy [Original Version]
17. O Tannenbaum
18. Christmas Cards
19. Ondine
20. She Was A Hotel Detective
21. Mrs. Train
22. Snail Dust (The Dust Brothers remix of Snail Shell)
23. SenSurround [Original Version]
24. 25 O’Clock
25. SenSurround [New Version]
26. Unforgotten
27. We’ve Got A World That Swings
*Bonus Tracks - Mono Puff*
28. Oddball
29. Tryptophane

Disc 2:
---Istanbul---
1. Brownsville Mix
2. Bedford/Stuyvesant Mix
3. Park Slope Mix
---The Guitar---
4. UK Single Edit
5. Williamsburgh Extended Mix
6. Outer Planet Mix
7. Even Further Outer Planet Mix
---Sleeping In The Flowers---
8. Radio Edit
---S-E-X-X-Y---
9. Radio Mix
10. Tee's Radio
11. Tee's Freeze Mix
12. Tee's In House Dub
13. Tee's Cappella
14. The Warren Rigg Microwave Mix
15. The Warren Rigg Instrumental
*Bonus Track: Mono Puff*
---The Devil Went Down To Newport---
16. Totally Remade

I actually ended up with just over 74 minutes of TMBG material on each one, so
I had to put them on 80 minute discs. But then I had extra space that I just
couldn't bear not to use, so I added the Mono Puff tracks. I think they now top
out at over 79 minutes each.

Mike

"Unencumbered by reality..."

Mike May's Mostly Queen Page, featuring rare Queen in MP3
http://members.aol.com/prophetm
Mike's Lighthouse Pages
http://members.aol.com/fairyfellr

MuseKJ

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
>Since there will
>apparently never be an official Superfueled Freaksicle, I decided a few
>months
>ago to make my own.

Would it be possible for you to make a copy of this for others?

Karen
Mus...@aol.com

Twc6

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
<<Anyway, I finally finished it, artwork and all. It's not strictly a TMBG
compilation; I had a bit of space at the end of each disc, so I included 3 Mono
Puff b-sides at the last minute. Here is the track list, comments welcome:>>

Wow, I can't get over how many great songs they have that are only B-sides!
This would be a great compilation.... I have a lot of these only on Mp3 and
many are my fave TMBG songs.... I want to buy these!!

CManley42

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99

When where and how were all of these released? I recognize most of them,
except for the many different SEXXY remixes, and the Rascist Friend remix.
What's up with these? Where are they from?

Please elaborate.
I was working on basically the same project at one point. A friend made
Miscellaneous M (all of the B-Sides from Flood-Factory Showroom). I was
attempting to make Misc. B, but I don't often buy singles so it's a slow
process.

Manley

Michael Ackerson

Oct 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/18/99
if you do i want in.

--
-mike
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

http://www.powerlink.net/mackerson/

MuseKJ <mus...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mike May

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
In article <19991018112725...@ng-fx1.news.cs.com>, cman...@cs.com
(CManley42) writes:

>When where and how were all of these released? I recognize most of them,
>except for the many different SEXXY remixes, and the Rascist Friend remix.
>What's up with these? Where are they from?

Most of them are from TMBG singles. Some ones that aren't are:

One More Parade - this is a Phil Ochs cover from Elektra's 40th anniversary box
set in 1990.

Particle Man (live) - this one was from Mountain Stage Live vol 5, which I've
heard is now out of print. Don't know for sure, though. I was going to include
the version from MTV's 120 mintues CD, but I ran out of room, and wasn't too
keen on having two Particle Men in the set anyway. And that one is only a year
old and still in print.

O Tannenbaum & Christmas Cards are from a green vinyl 7" single, which is still
available through the TMBG catalog - order one today!

SenSurround, original version is from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
soundtrack.

25 O'Clock - this is a cover from the XTC tribute album.

The 3 Mono Puff tracks are from the Devil Went Down to Newport single.

The remix of Your Racist Friend was once available on the 1990 Don't Let's
Start single in the UK, and a couple of promo discs.

The extended mixes from the second disc are mostly from singles, including the
Istanbul 12", a couple different Guitar singles, and the S-E-X-X-Y 12".
The edit of Sleeping in the Flowers is from a promo single.

Dave Browne

Oct 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/19/99
I want this! Were you planning to make copies of it and sell it? please
--
From Dave Browne aka Alpac...@aol.com[remove post]
Home page: http://members.xoom.com/Alpaca2500/index.htm

* ** *
* *
* ** *
****
* *

Hill

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99

Dave Browne <alpac...@aol.compost> wrote in message

> I want this! Were you planning to make copies of it and sell it? please

Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason, not
even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
amounts of cash! :)

Or, at least, costs, otherwise you're making money out of the Johns'
material :(

yours, oddly,
K-PAC
"I was going to be apathetic, but I really couldn't be bothered"

manicalmongooseATshmotmail.com

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason, not
>even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
>two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
>amounts of cash! :)

Me too! I want one!

I think it's time to change me .sig line, don't you?

Mike May

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
In article <19991027191624...@ng-cl1.aol.com>, kri...@aol.com
(manicalmongooseATshmotmail.com) writes:

>>Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason, not
>>even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
>>two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
>>amounts of cash! :)
>
>Me too! I want one!

Well, alright. :-) I'll make some copies of this for those who want them -
e-mail me if you haven't already:
prop...@aol.com

Matt Dunn

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
manicalmongooseATshmotmail.com (kri...@aol.com) wrote:
: Me too! I want one!

Shall we fighht AOL stereotypes, or embrace them?
Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!

-
--
Matt Dunn - md...@stwing.org - http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~mdunn
"Is the Thermostat engulfed in flames, or is it just me?" - J. Linnell

manicalmongooseATshmotmail.com

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
> Shall we fighht AOL stereotypes, or embrace them?
> Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!

I resent that. Really, I do.

Fighht, indeed. *snort*

scratch

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99

Hill wrote:

> Dave Browne <alpac...@aol.compost> wrote in message
> > I want this! Were you planning to make copies of it and sell it? please
>

> Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason, not
> even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
> two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
> amounts of cash! :)
>

> Or, at least, costs, otherwise you're making money out of the Johns'
> material :(

Or if you aren't going to do that, could you at least upload mp3s of the
stuff thats not there already to http://www.twistid.com/tmbg?

-scratch

Mike May

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
In article <3819E9AA...@the-pentagon.com>, scratch
<scr...@the-pentagon.com> writes:

>> Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason,
>not
>> even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
>> two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
>> amounts of cash! :)
>>
>> Or, at least, costs, otherwise you're making money out of the Johns'
>> material :(
>
>Or if you aren't going to do that, could you at least upload mp3s of the
>stuff thats not there already to http://www.twistid.com/tmbg?

Last chance to e-mail if you want a copy, right now! My list of how much
supplies to get will be finalized in the morning.
As far as twistid goes, I'm pretty sure just about all of it is up there
already, but I'll take a look.

Hill

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
I accidentally deleted something. Can anyone repost the track list?

Sorry :)

scratch

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99

Mike May wrote:

> In article <3819E9AA...@the-pentagon.com>, scratch
> <scr...@the-pentagon.com> writes:
>
> >> Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason,
> >not
> >> even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
> >> two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
> >> amounts of cash! :)
> >>
> >> Or, at least, costs, otherwise you're making money out of the Johns'
> >> material :(
> >
> >Or if you aren't going to do that, could you at least upload mp3s of the
> >stuff thats not there already to http://www.twistid.com/tmbg?
>
> Last chance to e-mail if you want a copy, right now! My list of how much
> supplies to get will be finalized in the morning.
> As far as twistid goes, I'm pretty sure just about all of it is up there
> already, but I'll take a look.

Most of the S-E-X-X-Y remixes aren't there, and the mp3 of the original
James K. Polk is really cooked if you use anything except WinAmp to play
it, and the mp3 of stormy pinkness is missing the right (or was it left?
i forgot) channel. I don't know what particle man (live) is from, but
it's probably not there. UK Single edit of The Guitar isn't there, and
Even Further Outer Planet Mix is LQ (I made it myself from that TMBG
shoutcast station, so that's to be expected). I think everything else
is there though.

-scratch

Mike May

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
In article <SswS3.3372$bp3.1...@nnrp3.clara.net>, "Hill"
<micr...@clara.co.uk> writes:

>I accidentally deleted something. Can anyone repost the track list?

Sure thing.

Disc 1:
James K. Polk
Stormy Pinkness
Ant
One More Parade

Your Racist Friend (Sampla-Delic Remix)

Welcome To The Jungle
I Blame You
Moving To The Sun
Cabbagetown
Siftin'
Larger Than Life (Joshua Fried's Remake of "She's Actual Size")
Particle Man (Mountain Stage Live)
Why Does The Sun Shine
Jessica
Whirlpool
Spy
O Tannenbaum
Christmas Cards
Ondine

She Was A Hotel Detective

Mrs. Train
Snail Dust (The Dust Brothers Remix of Snail Shell)
Sensurround - original
25 O'Clock
Sensurround - new version
Unforgotten

We've Got A World That Swings

---Mono Puff:---
Oddball
Tryptophane

Disc 2:
---Istanbul (Not Constantinople)---
Brownsville Mix
Bedford/Stuyvesant Mix

Park Slope Mix
---The Guitar---

UK Single Edit
Williamsburgh Extended Mix
Outer Planet Mix

Even Further Outer Planet Mix

---Sleeping In the Flowers---
Radio Edit
---S-E-X-X-Y---
Radio Mix
Tee's Radio
Tee's Freeze Mix

Tee's In House Dub

Tee's Cappella

The Warren Rigg Microwave Mix

The Warren Rigg Instrumental
---Mono Puff: The Devil Went Down To Newport---
Totally Remade

Marvin....@planetx.com

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
Especially post the Williamsburgh Extended Mix of the Guitar... I've
always wanted to hear that. It is different from the regular
Williamsburgh Mix, right?

On 30 Oct 1999 18:11:48 GMT, prop...@aol.comPOSTHEAP (Mike May)

Mike May

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
In article <381b5ef2.6389989@news>, Marvin....@PlanetX.Com writes:

>Especially post the Williamsburgh Extended Mix of the Guitar... I've
>always wanted to hear that. It is different from the regular
>Williamsburgh Mix, right?

The one from the US single? No. The "Williamsburgh Extended Mix" from the UK
single is exactly the same as the "Williamsburgh Mix" from the US single.
Sorry!

Marvin....@planetx.com

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Butbut... on the 12" single, there's a 4:53 "williamsburgh extended
mix." It's plainly there on the TMBG Visual Discography
(http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/). On my us single, the
williamsburgh mix is a mere 4:12. So there is another version with an
extra 41 seconds.... and I wanna hear it!

On 31 Oct 1999 06:17:00 GMT, prop...@aol.comPOSTHEAP (Mike May)
wrote:

Mike May

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
In article <381c7dec.3884671@news>, Marvin....@PlanetX.Com writes:

>Butbut... on the 12" single, there's a 4:53 "williamsburgh extended
>mix." It's plainly there on the TMBG Visual Discography
>(http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/). On my us single, the
>williamsburgh mix is a mere 4:12. So there is another version with an
>extra 41 seconds.... and I wanna hear it!

That same picture also says that Larger Than Life is 3:41. It's actually 4:16.
It's probably a misprint on both counts. They may have even been counting the
wrong break point between the two songs, adding time to one, and subtracting it
from the other. In any case, wrong track times are not uncommon, especially for
WEA. I have the UK CD single, and the track called Wiliamsburgh Extended Mix on
that disc is the same as the regular Williamsburgh Mix. I verified the times,
and played them side by side to be sure. If you are still in doubt, you could
e-mail the person that submitted the picture, and ask him to play the record
and time it.

Mike

>On 31 Oct 1999 06:17:00 GMT, prop...@aol.comPOSTHEAP (Mike May)
>wrote:
>
>>In article <381b5ef2.6389989@news>, Marvin....@PlanetX.Com writes:
>>
>>>Especially post the Williamsburgh Extended Mix of the Guitar... I've
>>>always wanted to hear that. It is different from the regular
>>>Williamsburgh Mix, right?
>>
>>The one from the US single? No. The "Williamsburgh Extended Mix" from the UK
>>single is exactly the same as the "Williamsburgh Mix" from the US single.
>>Sorry!

"Unencumbered by reality..."

simon

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
In article <3819E9AA...@the-pentagon.com>, scratch <scratch@the-
pentagon.com> writes

>Hill wrote:
>>
>> Dave Browne <alpac...@aol.compost> wrote in message
>> > I want this! Were you planning to make copies of it and sell it? please
>>
>> Yes! Please do it Mike! I rarely come out of 'lurking' for any reason, not
>> even for We Might Be Giants Too, but I'd give my arms for a copy of those
>> two albums. C'mon, please, run a few off and we'll all send you copious
>> amounts of cash! :)
>>
>> Or, at least, costs, otherwise you're making money out of the Johns'
>> material :(
>
>Or if you aren't going to do that, could you at least upload mp3s of the
>stuff thats not there already to http://www.twistid.com/tmbg?

Thanks scratch, I've been searching for the URL all morning and I was
just about to ask. Phew.

They've just put the original version of istanbul by the four lads up.
I've had a copy on vinyl long before I'd even heard of TMBG. It's a lot
slower but worth a listen
--
simon
"like the americans say, 7/24" John Leslie, Wheel of fortune UK

scratch

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99

simon wrote:

> They've just put the original version of istanbul by the four lads up.
> I've had a copy on vinyl long before I'd even heard of TMBG. It's a lot
> slower but worth a listen

Originals of New York City and Maybe I Know will be there as soon as
Adam puts them on the site.

-scratch

simon

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
In article <381D79F1...@the-pentagon.com>, scratch <scratch@the-
pentagon.com> writes

NYC might be worth a listen.
--
simon

scratch

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99

simon wrote:

> NYC might be worth a listen.

I didn't really like it much at first, but after a few listens it's
grown on me.

-scratch

Marvin....@planetx.com

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Well, poop. You've crushed my only last dream. Depressing as it might
be, thanks for clearing that up.

On 31 Oct 1999 18:59:07 GMT, prop...@aol.comPOSTHEAP (Mike May)