The Red Pill...

1 view

Eric Agnew

Sep 7, 2000, 1:19:45 AM9/7/00
http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

--
Only a couple more to encode, & then the uploading begins... muahahahaha
www.spfc.org - SP lyrics, discog, tabs, faq, news, tour hist, reviews, etc.
Eric Agnew agnew at goku dot dyndns dot org

Adam Manassero

Sep 7, 2000, 1:27:31 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew wrote:

> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

Billy is like totally the man...... he's always been the man but now he's just
more of the man.... well that sounded childish...... bah! also eric..... i was
wondering if there was gonna be a tree like F&EOMM or would it consist of the
mp3's you are about to upload?

-adam
(who is really sorry he brought up a tree but he had to ask) ;-)
--
np: Singing a studio version of Home is my mind

Bootlist: http://theman1343.cjb.net

Brian Krell

Sep 7, 2000, 1:30:56 AM9/7/00
"Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote
> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

Wow. Very, very cool.

-Brian

JmyChmbrln

Sep 7, 2000, 1:39:36 AM9/7/00

Eric Agnew

Sep 7, 2000, 1:42:28 AM9/7/00
Also sprach Adam Manassero:

> Eric Agnew wrote:
>> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153
> Billy is like totally the man...... he's always been the man but now
> he's just more of the man.... well that sounded childish...... bah!
> also eric..... i was wondering if there was gonna be a tree like
> F&EOMM or would it consist of the mp3's you are about to upload?

I assume there'll be a tree once one of the few online <25 people gets
to a super high-end turntable to record it properly onto DAT, but the
band wanted this shit released ASAP, so I used my l4m3 record player to
dump it all for mp3z. (Info for the incredibly anal: sony PS-LX150H
turntable > sony LBT-D159 stereo (amp) > headphone out (no line out on
the stereo) :( > sony PCM-M1 DAT). (disclaimer: there might very well
-not- be a tree- it might just be traded out normally- so don't get all
pissed off & yell at me if there isn't one. I'd run one myself, but I
don't have a really kick-ass turntable to make a really good copy, and
I'm leaving for Europe too soon).

Oh yeah- for anyone going to any shows in Europe, be sure to listen to
these a lot, as they plan on playing some of the new material (which is
why they want it out immediately). :)

Spread these around, they're free, but do NOT attempt to make ANY
profit, monetary or otherwise, and be sure to thwart anyone who tries.
This cost the band quite a bit to record & make, and they're not making
a single cent from it, so neither should anyone else.

Oh, and BTW- this is HANDS DOWN their BEST shit EVER. Enjoy! :)

--
Only 3 left to encode... :>

www.spfc.org - SP lyrics, discog, tabs, faq, news, tour hist, reviews, etc.

24. Eric Agnew agnew at goku dot dyndns dot org

falle...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 1:48:00 AM9/7/00

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove

you. :)

~Cathy

In article <8p78hh$c...@dispatch.concentric.net>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ryan n*ms

Sep 7, 2000, 2:07:22 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew's got chiiiiiiiiiiiiiils, they're multiply-in'

>http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

I dont think i've ever mentioned how much i loved this band before, but i'd like to
now.

--

The Ryan Nims Trading Experience
http://www.geocities.com/nimskicksass/list.htm

Adam Manassero

Sep 7, 2000, 2:02:39 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew wrote:

Thanks so much eric for gettin it all out.... once again an asset to everyone.
i wasn't expecting a tree... just wonderin. trading is ok with me as it doesn't
seem to reach the e-bayers as easy then.

-adam

--
np: still singing Home to myself ;-) IT'S COMING!!!

Bootlist: http://theman1343.cjb.net

Chris Carman

Sep 7, 2000, 2:32:42 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew wrote:

> I assume there'll be a tree once one of the few online <25 people gets
> to a super high-end turntable to record it properly onto DAT, but the
> band wanted this shit released ASAP, so I used my l4m3 record player to
> dump it all for mp3z. (Info for the incredibly anal: sony PS-LX150H
> turntable > sony LBT-D159 stereo (amp) > headphone out (no line out on
> the stereo) :( > sony PCM-M1 DAT). (disclaimer: there might very well
> -not- be a tree- it might just be traded out normally- so don't get all
> pissed off & yell at me if there isn't one. I'd run one myself, but I
> don't have a really kick-ass turntable to make a really good copy, and
> I'm leaving for Europe too soon).

I have Technics 1200mk2's with Ortofon DJS cartridges and a decent Sansui
receiver that can be plugged into my G3's AV card. Probably the best sound
from vinyl to digital you're going to get for under $2000, considering all
turntables need a pre-amp. I don't have much interest in getting a copy of
the records myself (not into the band much anymore), but I'd be willing to
help out for old time's sake. Still in Ohio; can encode the files using the
Fraunhofer codec at 192kbps. I also have some shit that removes any dust or
static from records, so they'd sound flawless.
-Chris (fa...@chriscarman.net)

ryan n*ms

Sep 7, 2000, 2:20:41 AM9/7/00
Chris Carman's got chiiiiiiiiiiiiiils, they're multiply-in'

<clipped>

I'm fairly certain this is the apocalypse now.

Spaceboy365

Sep 7, 2000, 2:19:34 AM9/7/00
oh gosh these are great, thank you :)

jason

Jeroen

Sep 7, 2000, 2:42:15 AM9/7/00
Eric, R U L33+? Do U r34d V4n1+y F41r???
» http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

Oh. My Fucking. God.
And stuff. What do you say in the eye of the Jackal!?
Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Be blissed
Jeroen
who needs a shower, and in fact, will take one right now. It's 8.40 am

np: SATURNINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Everyone knows of Jeroen, but we don't know much about him.
- Kaitlin

Kevin Bastuba

Sep 7, 2000, 2:51:13 AM9/7/00

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

>» --
>» Only a couple more to encode, & then the uploading begins...
muahahahaha
www.spfc.org - SP lyrics, discog, tabs, faq, news, tour hist, reviews,
etc.
>» Eric Agnew agnew at goku dot dyndns dot
org

OK, maybe I'm dense as hell. Maybe my POS laptop decided to screw me over
one more time. Maybe I'm just not going about things the right way. In any
case... you all seem to be acting like there are mp3's/some sort of audio
files attached to these currently. Am I missing something? I realize that
Eric posted that he's going to upload them, but.....

Flame at will if I'm just being stupid

Kevin

PS- this is not intended as a "d00d! wheres da mp3zzz" post, just to see
what i'm doing wrong here.

doppelganger_79

Sep 7, 2000, 3:33:05 AM9/7/00
"The followup to Machina, a collection of outtakes and alternate takes from
the last couple years. As a final farewell, and a "fuck you" to the label
that wouldn't give them the support they deserved"

*baffled*

so is FAEOMM the much talked about sequel/followup to Machina that billy
mentioned in his announcement... or is that going to be another followup to
Machina.

--
~恤雦ga駁璁_79
ICQ# = 21247445

"Eric Agnew" <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message

Ashley Noel Hinton

Sep 7, 2000, 3:21:39 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message
> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153
>
> --
> Only a couple more to encode, & then the uploading begins... muahahahaha

May I senselessly say, Hot Fucking Damn.
Sweet Fanny Adams.
And JesuMaryMuddaO'Face!!

Plus, wow, like, uh, giz!!

--
Ashley Noel Hinton - GhstChild
http://www.biosys.net/ghstchild ICQ:2398635

David Reid

Sep 7, 2000, 3:09:49 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote

> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153
>
> --
> Only a couple more to encode, & then the uploading begins... muahahahaha

[am very drunk right now, so ignore any spelling errors...]

I have to say that I doubted that Billy would actually go through with
this... But I'm glad he did. Incredible, fantastic, nothing like this has
ever been done before. I respect this band more than I ever have before,
and that's to say a lot. Congratulations to the Smashing Pumpkins for a
career that exceded all expectations.

Goodnight :-)

-Dave

Marko Kuosmanen

Sep 7, 2000, 3:33:30 AM9/7/00
And I thought that Pearl Jam releasing their entire European tour on
cds was cool but this is way beyond that!!

Eric Agnew

Sep 7, 2000, 3:34:13 AM9/7/00
Also sprach Chris Carman:
[snip]

Whoah- never thought I'd see -you- post here again.. :) I'd take you up
on the offer, but I'm out in SF now, & have no car.. alas. But if
anyone in the bay area has a super-hardcore turntable (technics 1200
isn't -that- high-end) & decent pre-amp, lemme know. :)

--
np: speed kills (alt.) (looks like every other song has a jump.. wtf?!?)

www.spfc.org - SP lyrics, discog, tabs, faq, news, tour hist, reviews, etc.

David Reid

Sep 7, 2000, 3:57:20 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote :

> Also sprach Chris Carman:
> [snip]
>
> Whoah- never thought I'd see -you- post here again.. :) I'd take you up
> on the offer, but I'm out in SF now, & have no car.. alas. But if
> anyone in the bay area has a super-hardcore turntable (technics 1200
> isn't -that- high-end) & decent pre-amp, lemme know. :)

You should check out any nearby universities. I know we have some very
high-end equipment here at Queen's U. (and I have a friend who works at the
radio station - yay!) but I'm surely too far away (ontario). . .

-Dave

David Reid

Sep 7, 2000, 3:57:38 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote :

> Also sprach Chris Carman:
> [snip]
>
> Whoah- never thought I'd see -you- post here again.. :) I'd take you up
> on the offer, but I'm out in SF now, & have no car.. alas. But if
> anyone in the bay area has a super-hardcore turntable (technics 1200
> isn't -that- high-end) & decent pre-amp, lemme know. :)

You should check out any nearby universities. I know we have some very

Mark Edler

Sep 7, 2000, 5:37:10 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote in message
> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

Wow, it turns out all those jokes about Boxed Sets of Zimbabwean edition
lime 7" vinyls weren't so far from the truth after all! Way to go Billy!
But Jesus, they don't have it at cdnow.com :P

--
Mark
Smashing Pumpkins Trading Page

Jayesh Ravla

Sep 7, 2000, 4:42:21 AM9/7/00

I must say Mr Agnew.....we will bow down and worship and as JmyChmbrln
says blow our loads all.

This is too much....Let me Give the World to you...is it the full band one
(fingers crossed) with the organ and heavy jimmy style drumming??

Jayesh

--Computer Keyboard is a mess now--

JmyChmbrln <jmych...@aol.com> wrote in message

Grimfarrow

Sep 7, 2000, 4:51:00 AM9/7/00

Eric Agnew wrote:

Wow, I now feel like a fool for being so cynical about this whole thing.
Even Chris Carman makes his first post in ages! (BTW, you site
was great!). And thank yo for being so....tactful about this whole thing
Eric & Dave ;)

Grimfarrow

Marko Kuosmanen

Sep 7, 2000, 5:27:31 AM9/7/00

Jayesh Ravla wrote:

> I must say Mr Agnew.....we will bow down and worship and as JmyChmbrln
> says blow our loads all.
>
> This is too much....Let me Give the World to you...is it the full band one
> (fingers crossed) with the organ and heavy jimmy style drumming??
>
> Jayesh

Full band and awesome!!! Just finished downloading them all from nspaa,
took me about 5 minutes... Fuck work for the rest of the day, I'm
not going to do anything else but listen to these, thank you
so much for anyone involved!

Steve Patrick

Sep 7, 2000, 7:23:35 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew wrote in message <8p78hh$c...@dispatch.concentric.net>...

woooh... fuckin hell, im so excited my head is spinning and i feel really
quite sick at the moment... holy fucking shit... does this mean no
commercial release at all for these things, so no last album in the regular
sense of the word?? heh, im not complaining either way, this is just so...
cool!! i got all excited about all those 10"s, the perfect record size if
you ask me, until i scrolled down and saw "limited pressing of 25", hehe,
wont be able to order one of those on import i betchya...

-- steve
"One more for brutalities sake...."
-- BC - 99/04/24

Smashing Pumpkin Bootleg Trading List
http://users.bigpond.com/patrick20/boot/list.htm

normalperson

Sep 7, 2000, 7:52:29 AM9/7/00
Eric Agnew unwound some gray matter and transcribed the following thoughts:
> http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=153

whoa... the usual thanks to the 733t crew, tSP and to Adam Manassero, who knew
my other AIM name and sent me the link while I was in Linux hacking at the
kernel

oh well, I didn't really have a good ...uh... "downloading program" <g> in
Linux that lets me queue... transfers

coincidentally: just last night/this morning, I had the following Away message
on AIM:

----------begin------------
blasting Here's to the Atom Bomb (UNCUT!!!) at full volume... damn, the ending
of that song KICKS ASS!!!

----skip down a lot of lines----

SUCKERED!!!! (I believe it's the Away message equivalent to YHBT. :Ş )

HAND.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
-----------end-------------

and in a bit, I'll actually have it ^_^

--
Eric Wong // AIM:nrmlprsn // ICQ:5149095
np: Speed Kills alt.

Mark Edler

Sep 7, 2000, 8:24:47 AM9/7/00
doppelganger_79 <doppelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > woooh... fuckin hell, im so excited my head is spinning and i feel
really
> > quite sick at the moment... holy fucking shit... does this mean no
> > commercial release at all for these things, so no last album in the
> regular
> > sense of the word??
>
> oh no !!!
>
> so there definitely won't be another single, or video, or sequel to the
> Machina play... *cries into pillow like a schoolgirl*

The Try, Try, Try single is out on Monday, isn't it? In the UK at least :P

--
Mark (np: "i of the mourning")

StArSeEd

Sep 7, 2000, 8:25:05 AM9/7/00
> I assume there'll be a tree once one of the few online <25 people gets
> to a super high-end turntable to record it properly onto DAT, but the
> band wanted this shit released ASAP, so I used my l4m3 record player to
> dump it all for mp3z. (Info for the incredibly anal: sony PS-LX150H
> turntable > sony LBT-D159 stereo (amp) > headphone out (no line out on
> the stereo) :( > sony PCM-M1 DAT). (disclaimer: there might very well
> -not- be a tree- it might just be traded out normally- so don't get all
> pissed off & yell at me if there isn't one. I'd run one myself, but I
> don't have a really kick-ass turntable to make a really good copy, and
> I'm leaving for Europe too soon).

I know you'd probably not trust me to return it, But I fucking swear I
would. If you loaned me this, I could transfer it to CD and tree it.
You've heard my vinyl rips (well, maybe). Please.

-StArSeEd, begging

doppelganger_79

Sep 7, 2000, 9:26:11 AM9/7/00
"Mark Edler" <kra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> doppelganger_79 <doppelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > woooh... fuckin hell, im so excited my head is spinning and i feel
> really
> > > quite sick at the moment... holy fucking shit... does this mean no
> > > commercial release at all for these things, so no last album in the
> > regular
> > > sense of the word??
> >
> > oh no !!!
> >
> > so there definitely won't be another single, or video, or sequel to the
> > Machina play... *cries into pillow like a schoolgirl*
>
> The Try, Try, Try single is out on Monday, isn't it? In the UK at least :P

I mean I base my whole SP listening around what is released... I don't
listen to b-sides until they are on the single... and I don't listen to
tracks until the CD is released... I am old fashioned in the sense that I
like to buy a CD, take it home and listen to it all for the first time...
having to DL a song is just so alien to me.

I now have to compromise my CD litening ritual... argh!!

But Try^3 is still going to be good, Mark... I still haven't heard Atom Bomb
yet... do we know what the cover art is yet? (Don't tell me, it will ruin
the surprise).

It's not that I disagree with SPs latest move... In fact I thoroughly think
that this is the way music should be released. What differentiates music
from most other art forms is that there are no real originals... everything
is a print. So I think that there should only be one copy ever released of
an album (like a painting)... that way owning it will actually mean
something... it stops being a product and starts being a unique piece of
art.... so the only thing wrong with FAEOMM is that there are 25
originals... but I can handle that.

jd...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 9:34:28 AM9/7/00

> Only a couple more to encode, & then the uploading begins...
>muahahahaha

I think I'm going to explode now. CCS is fucking awesome in the studio.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jeroen, you rock for realizing that people would be coozing to get this
and devoted the NSPAA to it.

Eric, you rock for....well fuck, if you don't know why you rock, then
you need to get your head examined.

Billy, James, Jimmy, D'arcy, Melissa, you rock more than all ever have
or will.

--
np: lucky 13 (fuck)
Jason Smith

doppelganger_79

Sep 7, 2000, 11:29:52 AM9/7/00
Do you think we will ever hear these with CD quality... as opposed to Vinyl
and MP3 qual. ??

Sebastian Boschert

Sep 7, 2000, 11:06:41 AM9/7/00
On 07 Sep 2000 05:42:28 GMT, Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote:

>I assume there'll be a tree once one of the few online <25 people gets
>to a super high-end turntable to record it properly onto DAT, but the
>band wanted this shit released ASAP, so I used my l4m3 record player to
>dump it all for mp3z. (Info for the incredibly anal: sony PS-LX150H
>turntable > sony LBT-D159 stereo (amp) > headphone out (no line out on
>the stereo) :( > sony PCM-M1 DAT). (disclaimer: there might very well
>-not- be a tree- it might just be traded out normally- so don't get all
>pissed off & yell at me if there isn't one. I'd run one myself, but I
>don't have a really kick-ass turntable to make a really good copy, and
>I'm leaving for Europe too soon).

I'd contribute my Sony SBM-1 for 20-Bit Super Bit Mapping ;)

---
Sebastian Boschert
E-Mail: seba...@2007.org
Trade List: http://sebastian.2007.org/boots/
ICQ: 2010141

StArSeEd

Sep 7, 2000, 12:47:02 PM9/7/00
> yes your vinyl rips are the best I've heard not worth asking and that
> Nu-wave remix of TEITBITE are great! I say let him borrow it. BTW where
in
> the world are you?

Jacksonville, NC, USA.

-StArSeEd

chris_...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 12:38:15 PM9/7/00
In article <8p7gdl$c...@dispatch.concentric.net>,

Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote:
> Also sprach Chris Carman:
> [snip]
>
> Whoah- never thought I'd see -you- post here
again.. :) I'd take you up
> on the offer, but I'm out in SF now, & have no
car.. alas. But if
> anyone in the bay area has a super-hardcore
turntable (technics 1200
> isn't -that- high-end) & decent pre-amp, lemme
know. :)

Sounds better than yours. :)
-Chris

Eric Agnew

Sep 7, 2000, 3:56:51 PM9/7/00
Also sprach chris_...@my-deja.com:

> Eric Agnew <on-...@spam.no> wrote:
>> But if anyone in the bay area has a super-hardcore turntable
>> (technics 1200 isn't -that- high-end) & decent pre-amp, lemme know.
> Sounds better than yours. :)

I know, I know, but.. since it's non-lacquered acetate, I don't want to
play it any more than absolutely necessary.. so since I've already
played it once to get the first batch of mp3s out, I want the 2nd and
last time to be on the absolute best equipment there is.

--
np: glass' theme (alt.)

Ed June

Sep 7, 2000, 10:24:52 PM9/7/00

I have a Revox B795 linear tracking turntable.
I forget the cartridge and stylus.
I bought this in the 80's when in the navy.
It is mint. As are most of my lps, only played once, or twice.
I have to set this up again one day...

Eric Agnew wrote:

--

Ed June

bu...@america.net
Linux: An open choice for free people worldwide.

Jason Terhun

Sep 8, 2000, 12:17:41 AM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:06:41 +0200, Sebastian Boschert
<some...@gmx.de> wrote:

>I'd contribute my Sony SBM-1 for 20-Bit Super Bit Mapping ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :O~

Mark Edler

Sep 8, 2000, 7:02:41 AM9/8/00

> "Mark Edler" <kra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > doppelganger_79 <doppelg...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > really
> > > regular
> > >
> > > oh no !!!
> > >
> > > so there definitely won't be another single, or video, or sequel to
the
> > > Machina play... *cries into pillow like a schoolgirl*
> >
> > The Try, Try, Try single is out on Monday, isn't it? In the UK at least
:P

> I mean I base my whole SP listening around what is released... I don't
> listen to b-sides until they are on the single... and I don't listen to
> tracks until the CD is released... I am old fashioned in the sense that I
> like to buy a CD, take it home and listen to it all for the first time...
> having to DL a song is just so alien to me.

Ah, so what are you going to do in the very likely scenario of FAEOMM never
being commercially released?

> I now have to compromise my CD litening ritual... argh!!

That's right :)

> But Try^3 is still going to be good, Mark... I still haven't heard Atom
Bomb
> yet... do we know what the cover art is yet? (Don't tell me, it will ruin
> the surprise).

I haven't seen the cover art yet, but sometimes places like cdnow.com and
amazon.com have the cover if it's listed as "coming soon". But since it's an
import I guess you might have to wait until Monday to find out.

> It's not that I disagree with SPs latest move... In fact I thoroughly
think
> that this is the way music should be released. What differentiates music
> from most other art forms is that there are no real originals...
everything
> is a print. So I think that there should only be one copy ever released
of
> an album (like a painting)... that way owning it will actually mean
> something... it stops being a product and starts being a unique piece of
> art.... so the only thing wrong with FAEOMM is that there are 25
> originals... but I can handle that.

Albums have master tapes, books have manuscripts, and in painting there are
originals. Original paintings contain finer detail and better texture than
prints, manuscripts contain sections that have been edited out of the final
release, but what does the master tape have that the actual album hasn't
which would make it desirable? Anyway, if you want something rare that means
something, get the I Am One vinyl test pressing... there are only 3 copies
and Billy has two :)

--
Mark (np: "TEG" - 00/5/1)

doppelganger_79

Sep 8, 2000, 7:31:48 AM9/8/00
> Anyway, if you want something rare that means
> something, get the I Am One vinyl test pressing... there are only 3 copies
> and Billy has two :)

*laffs* I'll be sure to scour ebay... *s*

Jonathan McArthur

Sep 8, 2000, 7:17:57 AM9/8/00
"Mark Edler" <kra...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:39b8...@news.iprimus.com.au...
<snip>

| > It's not that I disagree with SPs latest move... In fact I thoroughly
| > think that this is the way music should be released. What
| > differentiates music from most other art forms is that there are no
| > real originals... everything is a print. So I think that there should
| > only be one copy ever released of an album (like a painting)...
| > that way owning it will actually mean something... it stops being a
| > product and starts being a unique piece of art.... so the only thing
| > wrong with FAEOMM is that there are 25 originals... but I can
| > handle that.
| Albums have master tapes, books have manuscripts, and in painting there are
| originals. Original paintings contain finer detail and better texture than
| prints, manuscripts contain sections that have been edited out of the final
| release, but what does the master tape have that the actual album hasn't
| which would make it desirable? Anyway, if you want something rare that means
| something, get the I Am One vinyl test pressing... there are only 3 copies
| and Billy has two :)

Re: 25 originals thing... I doubt a design on paper is the original... more than likely the
media used for the *original* design was Freehand/Illustrator and Photoshop (or equivalents), or
it was typeset, and possibly transferred to a bromide or transparent acetate sheet (which would
be the *real* original)... then used for copying. At least, that's how I'd do it. Digital or
traditional? Going with the whole vinyl theme, I'd think lo-fi, but the font looks far too
modern to be a typeset, so bah. What would I know?

--
Another stunning Jonathan McArthur AMSP post...
NP: YESTERDAY I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON (studio)

Mark Edler

Sep 8, 2000, 11:23:24 AM9/8/00

> > Anyway, if you want something rare that means
> > something, get the I Am One vinyl test pressing... there are only 3
copies
> > and Billy has two :)
>
> *laffs* I'll be sure to scour ebay... *s*

Actually I think one was auctioned off on eBay a couple of months ago, and
went for about $3000. Or maybe my bad memory has cause me to exaggerate that
figure. However much it was, it was definately out of my price bracket.

--
Mark

Steve Patrick

Sep 8, 2000, 11:40:26 AM9/8/00
>Actually I think one was auctioned off on eBay a couple of months ago, and
>went for about $3000. Or maybe my bad memory has cause me to exaggerate
that
>figure. However much it was, it was definately out of my price bracket.

cheapskate...

-- steve
billy sat at the head of the table and put
on the hat pointy that spelled dunce

Adam Stouffer

Sep 8, 2000, 2:55:06 PM9/8/00
Eric Agnew wrote:

> I know, I know, but.. since it's non-lacquered acetate, I don't want to
> play it any more than absolutely necessary.. so since I've already
> played it once to get the first batch of mp3s out, I want the 2nd and
> last time to be on the absolute best equipment there is.

http://www.elpj.com/

A laser turntable, reads just like a cd player. The low end model starts
at $13,500!

Adam

StArSeEd

Sep 8, 2000, 3:21:07 PM9/8/00

> Actually I think one was auctioned off on eBay a couple of months ago, and
> went for about $3000. Or maybe my bad memory has cause me to exaggerate
that
> figure. However much it was, it was definately out of my price bracket.

Yeah, Mike Potential finally parted with his copy, which is even more of a
TEST pressing than Billy's.. Mike's was in a cheap paper sleeve (the regular
cover, printed on some cheap paper, I don't even think it was cardstock),
whereas Billy's had covers just like the regular release.

-StArSeEd

StArSeEd

Sep 8, 2000, 3:23:30 PM9/8/00
> Albums have master tapes, books have manuscripts, and in painting there
are
> originals. Original paintings contain finer detail and better texture than
> prints, manuscripts contain sections that have been edited out of the
final
> release, but what does the master tape have that the actual album hasn't
> which would make it desirable? Anyway, if you want something rare that
means
> something, get the I Am One vinyl test pressing... there are only 3 copies
> and Billy has two :)

Or the Tristessa 7" test pressing on clear red vinyl, of which 5 copies
exist. SLCD.com may still have one in stock (last I checked, they did, and
it was $2000).

-StArSeEd

Eric Agnew

Sep 8, 2000, 5:37:11 PM9/8/00
Also sprach Adam Stouffer:

> http://www.elpj.com/
> A laser turntable, reads just like a cd player. The low end model
> starts at $13,500!

Aww yeah! Now -that's- the kind of shit I need to use. :) Anyone got
one? :) Heheheh.

I'm guessing they don't take returns on these suckers.. too bad. :)

--
CaBT(tm TnM): speed kills (alt)

pzane

Sep 8, 2000, 6:47:03 PM9/8/00

> Also sprach Adam Stouffer:
> > http://www.elpj.com/
> > A laser turntable, reads just like a cd player. The low end model
> > starts at $13,500!
>
> Aww yeah! Now -that's- the kind of shit I need to use. :) Anyone got
> one? :) Heheheh.
>
> I'm guessing they don't take returns on these suckers.. too bad. :)

Hey, I am pretty sure I heard this suggested before but I will again. Check
with colleges and universities. There has to be a university in the SF area
that would have something of this nature. Colleges are always buying
overpriced shit like this.

pzane
--
The Smashing Pumpkins Trading FAQ