Don't be hatin on the oboard

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 9:22:06 PM12/14/01
What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the oboard?  You think we're all dumb asses over there or something?  Well, you know something?  All of you fuckers suck.  Posting your stupid lies all over the place trying to take advantage of the feelings of fans.  It's just sick.  And all this talk of "leetness" is just fucking stupid.  Get a life people.
I don't find you people to be real fans at all.  I never insult people and I love every song the Pumpkins have ever recorded.  So kiss my ass all you non-believers.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

Daysleeper

Dec 14, 2001, 9:24:03 PM12/14/01

"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message

.:[thekapn]:.

HTML Posting = BAD.

tb

R. Mast

Dec 14, 2001, 9:32:04 PM12/14/01

You -are- dumbasses. Case in point: you posted here in HTML. Scratch
that, there are a few who aren't dumbasses. Mainly people from AMSP and
Netphoria who are leading you o-boarders around by the nose. Oh, and
you're that jack-ass who still cares about the 'real fan' argument.
Guess what, we all got over that years ago. Years ago, meaning before
you were even born. There's no such thing as a 'real fan'. I love every
song the Pumpkins or Zwan ever put out. But guess what? I don't give a
shit if Johnny Come-lately has only heard MCIS. I'm not a better fan
than he is. But I will proclaim myself a better fan than you, simply so
I can watch that steam come out your ears again.

--
-R. Mast

Anthony Garcia

Dec 14, 2001, 9:33:23 PM12/14/01

"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message

*snip stupid HTML posting*

Fucking a.... wtf???? Well, at least here I -can- killfile you.
pffffffffffft

*plonk*

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 9:49:19 PM12/14/01
You -are- dumbasses. Case in point: you posted here in HTML. Scratch that, there are a few who aren't dumbasses Mainly people from AMSP and Netphoria who are leading you o-boarders around by the nose.

Oh yeah.  That makes you so cool because you can "troll" a few unsuspecting people on the oboard with your stupid lies.  It makes us dumbasses just because we're interested in everything Pumpkins and are willing grab onto every possible piece of music presented to us.  You guys are the dumbasses for exploiting this "weakness" of the real fans.  It's just pathetic.  Not to mention you try to be holier than though with your stupid "no html" laws.  Who gives a shit if I post in HTML?  Just like the dumbass who started this troll you think it makes you better than people.

Oh, and you're that jack-ass who still cares about the 'real fan' argument.

Yes, because it pisses me off to see whiny fucking people bitch about Pumpkins songs that they don't find live up to their expectations.  And then they claim that they're fans.  Fuck them.  If they're real fans then they wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Years ago, meaning before you were even born.

Yeah.  And the pumpkins were around back then.  Sure.

But I will proclaim myself a better fan than you, simply so I can watch that steam come out your ears again.

Read my sig and you'll know that I don't give a shit.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

Jason Guzman

Dec 14, 2001, 9:57:48 PM12/14/01
[html snip]

>>Read my sig and you'll know that I don't give a shit.

If this were the case, then why are you here?

-J

Brian Krell

Dec 14, 2001, 9:48:51 PM12/14/01
"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote

ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing! Post of the year, right here,
ladies and gentlemen!

--
Brian Krell (brian at hollowgen dot net)

"All I need is music and my pals, really"

David Reid

Dec 14, 2001, 10:04:13 PM12/14/01
"R. Mast" <rym...@home.com> wrote :

Has R. Mast been trolled? It's a distinct possibility.

-Dave

--
gOtHiC pHiL: d00d! you were right! the j-pop did it!
m4cph1sto: i'm a genius!!

Brian Krell

Dec 14, 2001, 10:39:16 PM12/14/01
"David Reid" <8d...@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote

Personally, I'm wondering if R. Mast is doing the trolling.

--
Brian Krell (brian at hollowgen dot net)

"All I need is music and my pals, really" - Matt Sweeney

R. Mast

Dec 14, 2001, 11:02:24 PM12/14/01

No, and don't give him the chance to retreat and say it was a joke. It
isn't. He uses the same name on the o-board. Posts the same 'real fan'
bullshit. I haven't actually posted anything directed towards him there
though.

--
-R. Mast

R. Mast

Dec 14, 2001, 11:04:07 PM12/14/01

I would gladly take responsibility for it were it not for the fact that
people that stupid really -do- exist, and this is one of them.

--
-R. Mast

-=ZER0=-

Dec 14, 2001, 11:28:21 PM12/14/01
"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message

What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the

.:[thekapn]:.

You're a pussy. Go back to the O-Board with all the other 11 year olds. You
goddamn loser.

Although I agree over this whole "leet" thing. What in the fuck does "leet"
mean, anyway?

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 11:41:21 PM12/14/01
ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing!  Post of the year, right here, ladies and gentlemen!
Well it's about time somebody sided with me.  You must be one of the enlightened few.  Thank you, Friend.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

eggplant

Dec 14, 2001, 11:43:01 PM12/14/01

Brian Krell wrote:

yup and i have to say i think all involved trolling parties got what they came
for.

liz
-doesn't mind watching the exploitation of youth-
--
"there's not an ounce of quit in this kid"- dl
mail. eggplant at earthlink dot net

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 11:43:11 PM12/14/01
Has R. Mast been trolled?  It's a distinct possibility.

No.  Only pathetic losers from the Usenet troll people.  Just look at the oboard.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 11:46:21 PM12/14/01
If this were the case, then why are you here?

That makes sense.  You obviously have no clue either.  My sig means that I'm not emotionally envolved.  Everything I say and do is simply a reaction with no thought put into it whatsoever.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 11:48:32 PM12/14/01
I would gladly take responsibility for it were it not for the fact that people that stupid really -do- exist, and this is one of them.
And besides the fact that (again) I'm not the kind of person to stupid to your level and "troll" people for humor.  All I'm trying to do is point out that your attempt at "humor" is pathetic at best.  And yes, stupid people do exist.  If you read this newsgroup then you're one of them.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

Scott McDowell

Dec 14, 2001, 11:34:46 PM12/14/01
thekapn:
<snip idiocy>

I really don't know where to begin with this guy. Are you really as moronic
as your post implies? Just stop posting here; everyone will be much happier
that way.

Scott

Scott McDowell

Dec 14, 2001, 11:51:25 PM12/14/01
thekapn:

> ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing! Post of the year, right here,
ladies and
> gentlemen!

> Well it's about time somebody sided with me. You must be one of the
enlightened few. > Thank you, Friend.

He's making fun of you, you dolt.

Scott

--
The Smashing Pumpkins Hub
Direct Connect Client - www.neo-modus.com

thekapn

Dec 14, 2001, 11:52:58 PM12/14/01
You're a pussy. Go back to the O-Board with all the other 11 year olds. You goddamn loser.

Although I agree over this whole "leet" thing. What in the fuck does "leet" mean, anyway?
Well, you finished strong, but the beginning was so childish it hurt.  Telling me to go back to all the 11 year olds?  Yeah.  Ouch.  That hurt me.  You're the one who just learned the world "pussy" and think it's a good argument to use that as well as call me a "goddamn loser".  Real smooth.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

myosis

Dec 15, 2001, 12:01:03 AM12/15/01
<top-post not corrected. see at the bottom for my reply.>

"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message

.:[thekapn]:.

shit man, do not top-post and do not use any godfucking HTML
do you see how my quoting turns out? we can't even follow who said what, and
in what order.
and it would have been worse if i had replied with pine.

it's usenet etiquette. usenet is not for html. go back on your web
messageboard.
no one here gives a fuck about this rumor. or your fancy font styles.

oh and as a matter of fact i don't care for much of what the pumpkins put
out after adore. you know why? because i am still able to criticize music
and judge if i find something appealing instead of drooling over the fact
that it's signed by mister billy corgan and not even have an open mind as to
what i should think of it.

myosis/gui

David Reid

Dec 15, 2001, 12:06:17 AM12/15/01
"David Reid" <8d...@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote :
> [snip all bullshit from thekapin]
>

> By the way, the reason that it's against ettiquite to post in HTML is that
> many newsreaders only accept plain text. Also, HTML is ugly, and using it
> makes it impossible to properly quote, attribute, or in general, get any
> feeling of continuity throughout the post... as you have demonstrated so
> well.

P.S. Spelling's for suckerz.

-Dave

Brian Krell

Dec 14, 2001, 11:55:17 PM12/14/01
"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote

> > ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing! Post of the year, right
here,
> > ladies and gentlemen!
>
> Well it's about time somebody sided with me. You must be one of the
> enlightened few. Thank you, Friend.

Uhh.... right.

--
Brian Krell (brian at hollowgen dot net)

"All I need is music and my pals, really" - Matt Sweeney

David Reid

Scott McDowell

Dec 14, 2001, 11:50:01 PM12/14/01
thekapn:

> ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing! Post of the year, right here,
ladies and
> gentlemen!

> Well it's about time somebody sided with me. You must be one of the
enlightened few. > Thank you, Friend.

He's making fun of you, you dolt.

R. Mast

Dec 15, 2001, 12:15:14 AM12/15/01
> thekapn wrote:
>
> You're a pussy. Go back to the O-Board with all the other 11 year
> olds. You goddamn loser.
>
> Although I agree over this whole "leet" thing. What in the fuck does
> "leet" mean, anyway?
> Well, you finished strong, but the beginning was so childish it hurt.
> Telling me to go back to all the 11 year olds? Yeah. Ouch. That
> hurt me. You're the one who just learned the world "pussy" and think
> it's a good argument to use that as well as call me a "goddamn
> loser". Real smooth.

Yes, it was just as smooth as your 'All of you fuckers suck'. Good
argument there. Real smooth. Go back to the o-board, you've proved you
can't sit at the grown-ups table.

--
-R. Mast

oterop

Dec 15, 2001, 12:20:24 AM12/15/01
> Although I agree over this whole "leet" thing. What in the fuck does
"leet"
> mean, anyway?

rhymes with 'elite.'

-o

Scott McDowell

Dec 15, 2001, 12:14:43 AM12/15/01
thekapn:

> I would gladly take responsibility for it were it not for the fact that
people that stupid
> really -do- exist, and this is one of them.
>
> And besides the fact that (again) I'm not the kind of person to stupid to
your level and
> "troll" people for humor. All I'm trying to do is point out that your
attempt at "humor" is
> pathetic at best. And yes, stupid people do exist. If you read this
newsgroup then
> you're one of them.

Here's a little tip for you. When insulting someone, try to write in
coherent, properly spelled and grammatically correct sentences.

Scott

Scott McDowell

Dec 15, 2001, 12:17:19 AM12/15/01
thekapn:

> If this were the case, then why are you here?
>
> That makes sense. You obviously have no clue either. My sig means that
I'm not
> emotionally envolved. Everything I say and do is simply a reaction with
no thought put
> into it whatsoever.

You've outdone yourself. That is, without a doubt, the stupidest post in
AMSP history.

If you're not reacting emotionally and you're not reacting rationally, what
the fuck are you doing?

Daysleeper

Dec 15, 2001, 12:27:46 AM12/15/01

"David Reid" <8d...@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote in message

> [snip all bullshit from thekapin]
>

> By the way, the reason that it's against ettiquite to post in HTML is that
> many newsreaders only accept plain text. Also, HTML is ugly, and using it
> makes it impossible to properly quote, attribute, or in general, get any
> feeling of continuity throughout the post... as you have demonstrated so
> well.
>
> -Dave

Agreed. I'd much rather have HTML because of it's appearance, but until
it's a standard in ALL readers, it's a fucking pain in the ass...same with
HTML Email.

Jason Guzman

Dec 15, 2001, 12:30:13 AM12/15/01
>>That makes sense. You obviously have no clue either. My sig means that
I'm not emotionally envolved. Everything I say and do is simply a reaction
with no thought put into it whatsoever.

Doing without thinking, very admirable.

You can't be serious.

-J

Daysleeper

Dec 15, 2001, 12:29:25 AM12/15/01

"Scott McDowell" <8s...@qlink.REMOVE.queensu.ca> wrote in message

I don't want to killfile him b/c it's funny to read his moronic responses!

thekapn

Dec 15, 2001, 1:12:13 AM12/15/01

This is how the "grownups" behave?  Running around "trolling" people who know you're not funny?  I have to ask one thing...  Has Billy ever posted here?  No.  And you know why?  You're not real fans!!  He posts where the real fans are.  Then he doesn't have to check out all the negativity of you morons.

Yes, it was just as smooth as your 'All of you fuckers suck'.

Well, all you fuckers do suck.  What do you want?  That I bow at your "leetness"?  One question.  Do you think that being assclowns to people on the oboard will make Billy want to talk to you, hence making you "leet".  Is that what this is all about?  Pathetic.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

thekapn

Dec 15, 2001, 1:23:34 AM12/15/01
I really don't know where to begin with this guy.  Are you really as moronic as your post implies?  Just stop posting here; everyone will be much happier that way.

Snip idiocy? What the fuck are you talking about?  This is like some big kids' club with a special language. Do you have a secret handshake, too?  You have special rules about who and how and where people can post.  Moronic? The only one who's posts sound moronic are yours. Everyone here is a moron.  I'm beginning to think the secret handshake might be too intelligent sounding for you idiots.  And I think the real fans would have been happier if you'd all stayed in your little world criticizing everything around you.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

R. Mast

Dec 15, 2001, 1:23:56 AM12/15/01
> thekapn wrote:

> table.
>
> This is how the "grownups" behave? Running around "trolling" people
> who know you're not funny? I have to ask one thing... Has Billy ever
> posted here? No. And you know why? You're not real fans!! He posts
> where the real fans are. Then he doesn't have to check out all the
> negativity of you morons.

Billy doesn't read the fucking O-board. He doesn't read any of this. You
think he really loves the billion posts of OMG BILLY HAVE MY CHILD on
the o-board?

> Yes, it was just as smooth as your 'All of you fuckers suck'.
>
> Well, all you fuckers do suck. What do you want? That I bow at your
> "leetness"? One question. Do you think that being assclowns to
> people on the oboard will make Billy want to talk to you, hence making
> you "leet". Is that what this is all about? Pathetic.

So your personal goal in life is having Billy talk to you? I couldn't
give a shit. He makes good music. That's it. He'd be a cool guy to meet
if he were normal. He isn't.

--
-R. Mast

the REAL kapn

Dec 15, 2001, 1:41:12 AM12/15/01
"Brian Krell" <brianATholl...@remove.this> wrote in message news:<9vedml$plm$1...@nntp1.u.washington.edu>...
> "thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote

> > What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the
> > oboard? You think we're all dumb asses over there or something?
> > Well, you know something? All of you fuckers suck. Posting your
> > stupid lies all over the place trying to take advantage of the
> > feelings of fans. It's just sick. And all this talk of "leetness" is
> > just fucking stupid. Get a life people.
> > I don't find you people to be real fans at all. I never insult people
> > and I love every song the Pumpkins have ever recorded. So kiss my ass
> > all you non-believers.
> >
> > Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume
> > I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.
>
> ahahahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing! Post of the year, right here,
> ladies and gentlemen!

Sorry, but it wasn't me. Just some guy who couldn't stand being made a
fool of and took his damage o-board image WAY too seriously. Want
proof? Why is he posting from Earthlink with an aol email address, not
to mention I'm not even on dialup. Thank you to "I am a Lady" for
informing me of this (also notice, I didn't even know how to get here
until they showed me). But anyways, junior, you can continue having
fun pretending to me, because I'll have alot more fun actually being
me, I promise. Peace to any intelligent peeps out there, I won't judge
you by these couple of assclowns. Late.

Harrison A. Koehli

Dec 15, 2001, 1:53:55 AM12/15/01
thekapn wrote:

> table. This is how the "grownups" behave? Running around "trolling"
> people who know you're not funny? I have to ask one thing... Has
> Billy ever posted here? No.
> And you know why? You're not real fans!! He posts where the real
> fans are. Then he doesn't have to check out all the negativity of you
> morons

TBYW. Billy has posted here. Do a little research, fuckwit. And
negative my ass, dipshit!

-Harrison

myosis

Dec 15, 2001, 2:08:22 AM12/15/01

"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message

<snip snip snip>

thekapn is angry! thekapn is angry!

let's not reveal our secret language to him. he will get so pissed trying to
decipher it, so pissed knowing that he can never enter our grown-up clique.

eh, maybe we don't have billy posting here, but at least we have 34! and
we've had everyone that ever contributed to the online smashing pumpkins
community from 1994 to 2000.

eh, you know what? my name is in the sp faq! i am so leet! (ok that's the
only time you'll hear me say that, i guess it must be the finals...)

have i ever mentionned how ashamed i was to be among so many stupid fans?
the groupies have always been worse than the bandwagon fans. like during the
first ever official sp chat, which happened on irc in 1999... the behavior
of the people present before the chat started was really something... i
almost withdrew.

and listessa. oh my god, how horrible it became. being a cynical person
myself, it made me puke. i just puked and puked until i finally decided to
stop being lazy and write that one-line unsubscribe e-mail. then i told
myself "there it wasn't complicated to eliminate the illness. i feel
healthy again, already".

and then i retired. from everything. i was already over the smashing
pumpkins anyway, i had found better bands already. and considered amsp a
waste of time also.
now for a month i've been reading again, a little, but i think it is time i
leave again. maybe forever.

oh eric, just take out Ankh Raid from the FAQ acknowledgments section.
mike added me cause he considered i helped him but i really didn't help him
so much after all.

it's peacefully snowing in my town, and i'm feeling the christmas vibe
slowly arising. i guess it will reach its peak when i arrive at my parents'
home next week for the holidays and see all my good old friends again. you
know, the real friends, those from whom you will always keep an infinite
source of past memories... and with whom you'll want to live all those
moments again (or similar ones).

oh i almost forgot. to everyone : don't be hatin on the newsgroup.
let's concentrate on real matters. cheers!

myosis/gui

Andy Swinburnson

Dec 15, 2001, 3:27:05 AM12/15/01

What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the
oboard? You think we're all dumb asses over there or something? Well, you
know something? All of you fuckers suck. Posting your stupid lies all over
the place trying to take advantage of the feelings of fans. It's just sick.
And all this talk of "leetness" is just fucking stupid. Get a life people.
I don't find you people to be real fans at all. I never insult people and I
love every song the Pumpkins have ever recorded. So kiss my ass all you
non-believers.

Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm not
gonna get emotional over anything you say.
<<

You know what would have been great?
This post showing up and it sitting here all by itself with no
'thekapn' making some other "witty" remark, secretly wondering
why nobody responded to his post.. I mean come on guys,
does this post really deserve all the responses it has here?

Dumbass: <HTML> Hey, you guys suck... </HTML>

AMSPer1: Dude... you suck HTML-boy...

Dumbass: <HTML> Fuck you man... I can do what I want..
it's a free contry </HTML>

AMSPer2: What a lamer.. he can't even spell, should have
used the spell check that came with that HTML posting
piece of shit AOL software.

Dumbass <HTML> Dude... insulting my isp... real smooth
Did you come up with that all by yourself? </HTML>

AMSPer1: <continuing pissing match for no apparent reason>

Fuck that, just leave it dead sitting in the water...
Wouldn't that be so much more enjoyable?

-Andy

normalperson

Dec 15, 2001, 8:14:02 AM12/15/01
splat! thekapn:

> What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the
> oboard? You think we're all dumb asses over there or something?
> Well, you know something? All of you fuckers suck. Posting your
> stupid lies all over the place trying to take advantage of the
> feelings of fans. It's just sick. And all this talk of "leetness" is
> just fucking stupid. Get a life people.

If you're referring to the Machina 3 troll, then please realize that the
troll was originally posted here _before_ it was posted on the o-board.
Unlike the oboard, nobody here was gullible enough to fall for the sorry
(though amusing) attempt at a troll.

Welcome, you're now in this world called the Internet and *everything*
you read here must be true!

> I don't find you people to be real fans at all. I never insult people
> and I love every song the Pumpkins have ever recorded. So kiss my ass
> all you non-believers.

You "never insult people", I guess you're a good guy after all.

> Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume
> I'm not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

I don't know you either, but you're quite funny. Sorry, but I'm emotional
because I thought you were teh funnay!

--
Eric Wong - AMSP 4 life! 'Cuz thatz where Machina 3 was FIRST announced!
http://normalperson.cjb.net

Stereophonicsweb

Dec 15, 2001, 10:13:55 AM12/15/01
>That makes sense. You obviously have no clue either. My sig means that
I'm not emotionally envolved

<snip>

Envolved? ENVOLVED?!

It's involved.

Paul
--
"Too stupid to be aware of the beauty that you give this place and how
shitty this town would seem, without you in it, when you aren't around"...

NP: Saves The Day - Ups And Downs

Web: http://www.stereophonicsweb.com
Email: pa...@stereophonicsweb.com
MSN: andatyou...@hotmail.com

the REAL kapn

Dec 15, 2001, 11:54:02 AM12/15/01
"thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<ACAS7.5382$mF.5...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

> I would gladly take responsibility for it were it not for the fact that
> people that stupid really -do- exist, and this is one of them.

You messed up again dumbass, banky, you're the only person I know that
bolds words by putting them like -this-. Really dude, how much of a
hypocrite can you be? You say I take things seriously, then proceed to
spend hours impersonating me. That's just sad please go get a life! I
have one, it's a good thing to have. I don't have to obsess over
everyone who disagrees with me on the internet because I have other
things to fill my time with. But I do want to thank you and your homey
for making a bunch of posts about me here. I feel kinda special,
usually people impersonate celebrities and stuff.

BTW, people always say the common "I heart b0llyz" fans are gullible,
but all of you did fall for this trick. I don't know if lying and
tricking each other is a good thing here or something, but I think
it's fairly lame he made you all post and argue because he can't let
go of someone calling him on his shit. Anywayz, all the cool people
rock on, loser get a life. Later.

Paulo Vieira

Dec 15, 2001, 12:49:39 PM12/15/01
On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 06:12:13 GMT, "thekapn" <thek...@aol.com> wrote:
>Has Billy ever =
>posted here? No. And you know why? You're not real fans!! He posts =

>where the real fans are.

Aha!! Finally, my longtime search for a good sig has come to an end!

-Paulo
np: Nitin Sawhney - Sunset

"Has Billy ever posted here? No. And you know why? You're not real

fans!! He posts where the real fans are." - thekapn

eggplant

Dec 15, 2001, 3:33:17 PM12/15/01

"Harrison A. Koehli" wrote:

billy has posted_here_?

liz

(been posting on/off since 97)

Harrison A. Koehli

Dec 15, 2001, 4:00:03 PM12/15/01
eggplant wrote:

Yeah. Dave Asselin just told Netphoria this a few weeks ago. While he
doesn't know for sure which post it was, he narrowed it down to one from
1997. I tried searching google, but couldn't find it. Anyone else have it
bookmarked?

Soeren Wittenbecher

Dec 15, 2001, 4:33:30 PM12/15/01

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.music.smash-pumpkins+author:maes77
7%40aol.com&hl=de&rnum=1&selm=19970928062500.CAA17890%40ladder01.news.aol.com

--
Bye, Soeren
ICQ#:100632498

David Reid

Dec 15, 2001, 5:37:21 PM12/15/01
"Soeren Wittenbecher" <soeren.wi...@epost.de> wrote :

> "Harrison A. Koehli" wrote:
> > eggplant wrote:
> > > "Harrison A. Koehli" wrote:
(snip)
> > > billy has posted_here_?

> > Yeah. Dave Asselin just told Netphoria this a few weeks ago. While he
> > doesn't know for sure which post it was, he narrowed it down to one from
> > 1997. I tried searching google, but couldn't find it. Anyone else have
it
> > bookmarked?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.music.smash-pumpkins+author:maes
77

7%40aol.com&hl=de&rnum=1&selm=19970928062500.CAA17890%40ladder01.news.aol.co

Coincidently, I think that this might have been the first post on AMSP that
I ever read.

AND I KNEW IT WAS BILLY ALL ALONG!! HAHAHA YOU SUX0RS!!!!!11

-Dave

in a giddy mood... just finished my last exam. now, what to do tonight....

Steve Patrick

Dec 15, 2001, 10:20:10 PM12/15/01

> in a giddy mood... just finished my last exam. now, what to do
tonight....

ah, beer?

--
steve
nw: cricket, aus v saf

Smashing Pumpkins Bootleg Trading List
http://users.bigpond.com/patrick20/boot/list.htm

R. Mast

Dec 15, 2001, 10:46:03 PM12/15/01
Steve Patrick wrote:

> David Reid <8d...@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote in message
> > in a giddy mood... just finished my last exam. now, what to do
> tonight....
>
> ah, beer?

Curl up in a fetal position and cry yourself to sleep?

--
-R. Mast

eggplant

Dec 15, 2001, 11:57:25 PM12/15/01

Soeren Wittenbecher wrote:

> > > billy has posted_here_?
> > >
> > > liz
> > >
> > > (been posting on/off since 97)
> >
> > Yeah. Dave Asselin just told Netphoria this a few weeks ago. While he
> > doesn't know for sure which post it was, he narrowed it down to one from
> > 1997. I tried searching google, but couldn't find it. Anyone else have it
> > bookmarked?
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:alt.music.smash-pumpkins+author:maes77

thanks for posting that >;-)

not to bring up old discussions but are we sure this is BC? Its ironic that the
person is defending MCIS but has an aol SN that relates to an SD dedication.... if
you know what i mean. so...maybe...

--
"there's not an ounce of quit in this kid"- dl

mail. eggplant at earthlink dot net
IM. sewthesky

Touga no Miko

Dec 16, 2001, 10:26:02 PM12/16/01
Scott McDowell:

>thekapn:
>> If this were the case, then why are you here?
>>
>> That makes sense. You obviously have no clue either. My sig means that
>I'm not
>> emotionally envolved. Everything I say and do is simply a reaction with
>no thought put
>> into it whatsoever.
>
>You've outdone yourself. That is, without a doubt, the stupidest post in
>AMSP history.

You obviously haven't been here that long Scott if you think this is the
stupidest post^^;

~TnM
np: Silhouette Dance from the Ridge Racer R4 sdtrk (mmm delish DnB)
---
http://crash.temporal-pleasure.net
"Tonight Tonight Gothic? EWWWW. Doesn't the band frighten enough people
already?" ~ Yuseke when exposed to the Gothic tribute XD

mutualusing

Dec 17, 2001, 1:27:52 PM12/17/01
hahahahahahha

goddamn this place is sad.
i thought it would be cool to check out some pumpkins related nonsense, but
all that really goes on is some sub-playground bickering about shite.

get a life and dont forget -

"to love everything by an artist - without condition - is to miss the
point."

Magichorek!

Dec 17, 2001, 1:56:01 PM12/17/01

On the contrary; to not love everything by every artist ever, without condition,

is to miss the point.

--
Ay, Men!.

Aphasia462

Dec 17, 2001, 4:18:30 PM12/17/01
>What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the =
>oboard?

<snip insipid drivel>

Are you really that bored that you feel the need to defend *an Internet
discussion forum* that you feel you are a part of to people you think are
encroaching upon it?

>I never insult people

I do. You meet all the criteria for someone who is wasting oxygen.

>Disclaimer: I don't know you or care about you. Go ahead and assume I'm =

>not gonna get emotional over anything you say.

Then take the initiative and discuss relevant topics or return your inane,
contradictory squabbling to a place where it is welcome. This, "thekapn", is
not that place.

zach

David Reid

Dec 17, 2001, 4:23:24 PM12/17/01
"Aphasia462" <aphas...@aol.communist> wrote :

> >What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the =
> >oboard?
>
> <snip insipid drivel>

(snip insipid drivel)

Please, do yourself a favor and learn to attribute before you make your next
post here.

> zach

Sorry to say it, AOL-boy, but YHBT.

-Dave

mutualusing

Dec 17, 2001, 5:10:58 PM12/17/01

"Magichorek!" <j.g...@vvm.com> wrote in message

> On the contrary; to not love everything by every artist ever, without
condition,
> is to miss the point.

love everything? do you love david hasselhoffs "work"?
by your definition, if you dont love it, you are missing the point.

sorry, but thats rubbish - if you love everything, then there is no
value put on individual taste, and individuals are what make the world
go round, not mass acceptance of crap.

Magichorek!

Dec 17, 2001, 5:55:47 PM12/17/01
mutualusing said:
> "Magichorek!" <j.g...@vvm.com> wrote in message
> >
> > On the contrary; to not love everything by every artist ever, without
> > condition, is to miss the point.
>
> love everything? do you love david hasselhoffs "work"?
> by your definition, if you dont love it, you are missing the point.

Haven't heard that one, but Hasselhoff has never failed to rock in the past.

> sorry, but thats rubbish - if you love everything, then there is no
> value put on individual taste, and individuals are what make the world
> go round, not mass acceptance of crap.

Taste has nothing to do with love. And everbody knows love is what makes
the world go round.

--
Ay, Men!.

Anthony Garcia

Dec 17, 2001, 8:38:41 PM12/17/01

> "Aphasia462" <aphas...@aol.communist> wrote :
> > >What is the deal with all the people who are talking shit over at the =
> > >oboard?
> >
> > <snip insipid drivel>
> >
> (snip insipid drivel)
>
> Please, do yourself a favor and learn to attribute before you make your
next
> post here.
>

> > zach
>
> Sorry to say it, AOL-boy, but YHBT.
>
> -Dave
>
> --

Heh... funny, huh? We popped the lid on this two days ago, and it's still
trolling people. Oh well. I appreciate the support he offered, since that
whole "real fan" argument was actually true. The real "thekapn" posted
almost that exact same shit on the o-board. Still.... AOL-boy HBT. :-)

~Anthony

mutualusing

Dec 17, 2001, 8:50:57 PM12/17/01

> mutualusing said:
> > "Magichorek!" <j.g...@vvm.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > On the contrary; to not love everything by every artist ever, without
> > > condition, is to miss the point.
> >
> > love everything? do you love david hasselhoffs "work"?
> > by your definition, if you dont love it, you are missing the point.
>
> Haven't heard that one, but Hasselhoff has never failed to rock in the
past.

LOL
i'll pray for your soul if thats not sacrcasm :)

> > sorry, but thats rubbish - if you love everything, then there is no
> > value put on individual taste, and individuals are what make the world
> > go round, not mass acceptance of crap.
>
> Taste has nothing to do with love. And everbody knows love is what makes
> the world go round.
>

> --
> Ay, Men!.

oh please, that pseudo religious hippie crap doesnt cut it for me.
love is special. it is to be trasured, not frittered away.
if you love everything, you are blinded. open your eyes, and take a look
around.
if you can say you love everything on this planet, you have serious
problems.

and if you knew what "art" was nominated for the turner prize in the UK this
year,
you would agree.

example - a room with a lightbulb going on and off at random intervals.

how can you love that? theres nothing there that you couldnt love in your
own front room.

Magichorek!

Dec 17, 2001, 10:36:49 PM12/17/01
mutualusing said:
> "Magichorek!" <j.g...@vvm.com> wrote in message
> > mutualusing said:
> > > "Magichorek!" <j.g...@vvm.com> wrote in message

> > > love everything? do you love david hasselhoffs "work"?
> > > by your definition, if you dont love it, you are missing the point.
> >
> > Haven't heard that one, but Hasselhoff has never failed to rock in the past.
>
> LOL
> i'll pray for your soul if thats not sacrcasm :)
>
> > > sorry, but thats rubbish - if you love everything, then there is no
> > > value put on individual taste, and individuals are what make the world
> > > go round, not mass acceptance of crap.
> >
> > Taste has nothing to do with love. And everbody knows love is what makes
> > the world go round.
>
> oh please, that pseudo religious hippie crap doesnt cut it for me.

That shit about individuals sounded as much like hippie crap to me, so, yeah...
You started it.

> love is special. it is to be trasured, not frittered away.
> if you love everything, you are blinded. open your eyes, and take a look
> around.
> if you can say you love everything on this planet, you have serious
> problems.

Love is cheap. So is God. Things don't have to be scarce to be treasured.
Everybody knows the best things in life are free.

> and if you knew what "art" was nominated for the turner prize in the UK this
> year, you would agree.
>
> example - a room with a lightbulb going on and off at random intervals.
>
> how can you love that? theres nothing there that you couldnt love in your
> own front room.

I love my front room, too.

--
Ay, Men!.

Scott McDowell

Dec 18, 2001, 1:55:48 AM12/18/01
Magichorek!:
> mutualusing said:

Someone's got the random cliche generator bookmarked.

Scott

--
The Smashing Pumpkins Hub
Direct Connect Client - www.neo-modus.com
DC Hub Address: tsphub.dyndns.org:1979

Magichorek!

Dec 18, 2001, 3:04:43 AM12/18/01

People who live in glass houses ought not throw stones, Scott.

--
Ay, Men!.

mutualusing

Dec 18, 2001, 11:26:57 AM12/18/01

> People who live in glass houses ought not throw stones, Scott.

scott lives in a greenhouse? that must get cold this time of year.
and throwing stones shouldnt be done no matter what material
your house is made of.

its just plain *nasty*

:)