Saxophone repair kit recommendation?

Harvey Hornschwagle

Jun 4, 2004, 4:22:24 PM6/4/04
The cork on my tenor neck disintegrated the other day, and instead of
bringing it to my repairman for another gouging I'd like to do the
repair myself. I had a class in college on repairs (including
replacing neck cork), so I'm not totally new to it, but I don't have
any idea as to who sells a good repair kit.

Recommendations?

Thanks.

Hornsmasher

Jun 4, 2004, 4:29:31 PM6/4/04
MusicMedic.com sells excellent repair kits (and other repair supplies) at
very good prices with excellent service.

--
Remember, kids: the world smells different to a midget in an elevator!

Stephen Howard

Jun 4, 2004, 5:06:33 PM6/4/04

Don't need a kit to replace a mouthpiece cork..

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/HandyHints/Recorking_crooks.htm

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Hornsmasher

Jun 4, 2004, 6:57:18 PM6/4/04
If the only thing that ever goes wrong with your horn is a neck cork, you're
probably right. However, if you ever need a pad, a felt, a spring, or
something else, and want to own the basic tools for minor maintenance, then
a kit (such as those from MusicMedic.com) is cheaper than even one trip to
the repair shop!

Grumps

Jun 4, 2004, 10:10:34 PM6/4/04
>MusicMedic.com sells excellent repair kits (and other repair supplies) at
>very good prices with excellent service.

Be weary of recommendations such as the above; especially when the person
making them has his own products featured at the website in question. In the
past this individual has even used other screen names to post (or had his
cohorts post) seemingly innocent questions which were promptly followed up by
his own helpful advice steering others towards his own business interests.
Shameful and most transparent.

Message has been deleted

Stephen Howard

Jun 5, 2004, 5:58:14 AM6/5/04
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 17:57:18 -0500, "Hornsmasher"
<hornsma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>If the only thing that ever goes wrong with your horn is a neck cork, you're
>probably right. However, if you ever need a pad, a felt, a spring, or
>something else, and want to own the basic tools for minor maintenance, then
>a kit (such as those from MusicMedic.com) is cheaper than even one trip to
>the repair shop!

Err... no it's not.
I just had a peek, out of curiousity...and I see the sax kit sells for
about eighty dollars.
I do an awful lot of £5 to £10 on the spot jobs - replacing single
pads or springs, or giving the action a quick tweak.

Not knocking the kit - just the assertion that it's cheaper than a
trip to the repairers.

Is that a plain old crochet hook I spy in the bottom right hand
corner??

Regards,

Hornsmasher

Jun 5, 2004, 9:41:35 AM6/5/04
I would suggest that saxophonists take a look at the kits
(www.musicmedic.com) and form their own opinions. The kits are very clearly
illustrated with photographs and well described. They come with an
instruction booklet.

Steve Marshall

Jun 5, 2004, 8:53:36 PM6/5/04

"Hornsmasher" <hornsma...@yahoo.com> wrote

> If the only thing that ever goes wrong with your horn is a neck cork,
you're
> probably right. However, if you ever need a pad, a felt, a spring, or
> something else, and want to own the basic tools for minor maintenance,
then
> a kit (such as those from MusicMedic.com) is cheaper than even one trip to
> the repair shop!

The kits are quite reasonable. The trouble with any such kit though is that
they provide items that might be useful. Some of it you may never use.

I would suggest people make up their own kits to suit their own needs, but
you certainly don't need a kit to replace a crook cork.

A few bits of cork, some glue, a blade or craft knife, spring hook,
screwdriver(s) and maybe a few springs is enough to solve many problems.

Steve M

Mark Bushaw

Jun 5, 2004, 10:18:25 PM6/5/04
Grumps _never_ suggests anything. That would give an opening for others
to criticize him. He enjoys being the dog who won't let go of the bone
too much to have to spend time defending himself.

Mark Bushaw

Arne wrote:
>>>MusicMedic.com sells excellent repair kits (and other repair supplies) at
>>>very good prices with excellent service.
>

>>Be weary of recommendations such as the above...
>

> What's wrong with the above "recommendation"? I've bought pads and
> cork from them and I also would "recommend" them. So then, whom would
> you suggest for repair supplies, besides Ferree's?

Hornsmasher

Jun 6, 2004, 9:40:56 AM6/6/04
His only agenda is criticizing other people and products. A troll in every
sense of the word.

bigbopper

Jun 6, 2004, 3:09:03 PM6/6/04
"Hornsmasher" <hornsma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<_4Fwc.27668$BH2....@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...

> His only agenda is criticizing other people and products. A troll in every
> sense of the word.

And you?

What is your agenda?

Are you or are you not Steve Goodson, who has been roundly and
completely discredited on this newsgroup and others, so much so that
you dare not even use your real name when you post, in hopes that the
fake name will ensnare unsuspecting victims to write your alias?

You need to learn to recognize a place where you, and your fake names,
your "business practices," and your friends (under fake names), are
not welcome.

For those in the dark, this is the boob calling others a troll:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&q=steve+goodson+saxophone&btnG=Search

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 6:48:04 PM6/6/04

>too much to have to spend time defending himself.

You're wrong here Mark. Seems I have to defend myself plenty when I expose
petty internet shills for what they are. I will continue to warn others in
regards to their unethical behavior despite your gentle attacks.

Hornsmasher

Jun 6, 2004, 8:23:27 PM6/6/04
I think I'll stop using a fake name and start calling myself something like
"bigbopper" or "grumps". What do you think?

Hornsmasher

Jun 6, 2004, 8:32:14 PM6/6/04
I would suggest that anyone interested in the true nature of Grumps read
"grumps mailbag" at saxtrolls.net. I think the name "saxtrolls" pretty much
says it all....and the name was their own idea!!!

MrWitworth

Jun 6, 2004, 10:18:28 PM6/6/04
Since all saxes use different size pads for this key or that key, one needs to
have the exact sized, 'correct' pad for any given key in order to execute a
proper pad replacement. Unless a 'kit' happens to include that 'right pad' the
person needing the repair is still out of luck, right?

RC

Mark Bushaw

Jun 6, 2004, 10:34:17 PM6/6/04
For crying out loud.
Any business is going to have some customers that are not happy.
Steve Goodson has many more customers who are very happy, have compared
his work to others in the same field, and come back for more.
Have you or Grumps every done business with Goodson? Was your
transaction good? Let's have some specifics of YOUR personal experience.
If all you can do is repeat things others may have said, what do you add?

Mark Bushaw

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 10:48:06 PM6/6/04
>What's wrong with the above "recommendation"?

What is wrong is WHO is making the recommendation. What Hornsmasher isn't
disclosing is that his own products are featured for sale at the site he
recommends.

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 10:49:03 PM6/6/04
>I think I'll stop using a fake name and start calling myself something like
>"bigbopper" or "grumps". What do you think?

I think no matter what you call yourself, your actions will reveal who you are.

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 10:55:06 PM6/6/04
>Let's have some specifics of YOUR personal experience.
>If all you can do is repeat things others may have said, what do you add?

I could share with you a most profane and threatening e-mail from Hornsmasher
who took offense when I publicly attempted to help one of those "not happy"
customers. As long as he continues to post here, I and others will continue to
educate consumers to protect our own.

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 10:57:10 PM6/6/04
>I would suggest that anyone interested in the true nature of Grumps read
>"grumps mailbag" at saxtrolls.net.

I would suggest that anyone interested in Hornsmasher's true nature read same.

Grumps

Jun 6, 2004, 11:02:02 PM6/6/04
>>a kit (such as those from MusicMedic.com) is cheaper than even one trip to
>>the repair shop!
>
>Err... no it's not.

Obviously, you've never been to Hornsmasher's, 'cause he's gonna charge
more...... Take a look at some of his terms of service:

Rule #1: ALL SALES ARE FINAL

...and more:

On the rare occasions that I see clients for repair services “after hours”,
the basic shop rate ($100 per hour) is doubled, with a three hour minimum
(payable in cash, in advance).

bigbopper

Jun 7, 2004, 2:04:49 AM6/7/04
Mark Bushaw <MBu...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<UsQwc.21190$aM1.9704@fed1read02>...

> For crying out loud.
> Any business is going to have some customers that are not happy.
> Steve Goodson has many more customers who are very happy, have compared
> his work to others in the same field, and come back for more.
> Have you or Grumps every done business with Goodson? Was your
> transaction good? Let's have some specifics of YOUR personal experience.
> If all you can do is repeat things others may have said, what do you add?
>
> Mark Bushaw

Based on my personal experience, Mark, you are mistaken.

Yes, I have done business with him. No, my experience was not good.
Yes I am aware of others who have also done business with him, and can
honestly comment that none of them have been able to report
positively. That is all I will say, in order to try and keep my
contribution on point.

I understand your frustration. Try and imagine mine, reading your own
post, knowing what I know from personal experience, and seeing this
person shilling on this thread, in response to an almost certainly
staged initial thread posting.

Look at the headers of Harveys post. He is posting from an anonymous
news server. I would be very surprised if we have not all been
"trolled" here on this thread, from the start.

Message has been deleted

Grumps

Jun 7, 2004, 11:28:01 AM6/7/04
>You said "Be weary of recommendations such as the above; especially

>when the person making them has his own products featured at the
>website in question." So then, if his products were sold by Ferree's
>and thus recommended by him, would Ferree's be a place to be weary
>of also? I don't think so!

You're not making sense here. The issue is who is doing the recommending, the
manner in which he is doing it and his past unethical behavior. I've seen this
all before with this 'Hornsmasher' character, as have others. Deal with him at
your peril.

Mark Bushaw

Jun 7, 2004, 11:34:51 AM6/7/04
Bigbopper, I am truly sorry you had a bad experience with Goodson. I
have had nothing but positive experiences, so now you know of at least
one happy customer. If you read some of the Goodson history (other than
on sxtrolls) you will find many other happy customers who have posted.
But you are right, this was probably all staged, and I fell for it.
Since you seem to be posting from the anonymous google group, I assume
that you are part of the scam. After all, any publicity is good
publicity, and if this hijacked thread can continue for days when it
should have ended after a few posts it can only be good for Goodson.
Maybe the better tactic for Goodson detractors is to not attack every
post he may make. As is pointed out elsewhere, just because Goodson says
something is good doesn't mean that the item / vendor is bad.

Mark Bushaw

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 11:41:10 AM6/7/04
Nothing in the least unusual about "all sales are final". Many, many,
businesses have this policy. It's disclosed right up front. If you don't
like it, go somewhere else. What's the problem?

Basic shop rate is $100/hr? So is the rate at many shops. Triple time for
after hours work? Check with your plumber and see what he gets! Once again,
it's disclosed right up front. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Last time
I checked, you were free to charge what you want in this country. What's the
problem?

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 11:42:57 AM6/7/04
There are several Goodson designed/endorsed products for sale in the Ferree
catalog. Ferree seems to be rather proud of their association with
Saxgourmet.

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 11:46:09 AM6/7/04
To the very best of my knowledge and recollection, there has been no
correspondence between Steve Goodson and Grumps. I would respectfully submit
that this is yet another hallucination/fabrication/lie. I'm sure he will be
all to happy to fabricate some bogus email.

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 11:47:57 AM6/7/04
The records of Steve Goodson Woodwinds LLC do not show any transaction
whatsoever with anyone named "big".

Mark Bushaw

Jun 7, 2004, 12:30:30 PM6/7/04
Fair enough. I've had some bad experiences with Woodwind & Brasswind.
They charged for items not shipped, shipped the wrong items, said items
were in stock when they were not,etc. Please let others know how bad
they are anytime their name is mentioned on this newsgroup.
Oh yeah, and Babbitt mouthpieces too! I've gotten some products that
they manufactured that were just not playable. Add all their products to
your list.
And Rovner! I can't tell the difference between some of their products,
seems like a scam to sell more ligs. Add them too please.
Then there's LaVoz, Rico, Hemke, and many more reed manufacturers. Often
half of them are not usable. Please warn the others!
I've also not found a gig bag that will protect my horn if it gets dropped.
Maybe you should just jump in anytime anything is suggested as being a
good product. After all, someone, somewhere is not satisfied. And you
can't allow that to go unchallenged!

Mark Bushaw

Grumps

Jun 7, 2004, 12:46:48 PM6/7/04
>After all, someone, somewhere is not satisfied. And you
>can't allow that to go unchallenged!

If I thought you were a person of sound judgement, I just might advance one of
your causes. Seems not to be the case, however.

Grumps

Jun 7, 2004, 12:49:54 PM6/7/04
>To the very best of my knowledge and recollection, there has been no
>correspondence between Steve Goodson and Grumps.

Now I know first hand that you are a liar Steve. And you know it too. Just
like when you vowed never to post at saxophone sites that allowed anonymous
posting. Here you creep in as Hornsmasher. Typical, and sad really.

Mark Bushaw

Jun 7, 2004, 12:52:35 PM6/7/04
Good one!
Made me spill my coffee!
Thanks Grumps, I'll send Goodson the cleaning bill.

Mark Bushaw

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 2:43:06 PM6/7/04
Maybe I should post as Grumps or some other nom d'net? I note with interest
that your true name is not used. Would you like for me to post it and your
contact information for you?

Grumps

Jun 7, 2004, 3:05:53 PM6/7/04
>Would you like for me to post it and your
>contact information for you?

Many folks here know who I am; just as many did on SOTW through trades and
other business dealings. You can threaten to make public my personal
information, but you and your minions already did that last year to no avail.
I will still reveal your past unethical practices and warn others to prevent
the same in the future. The beauty in this is that truth is an absolute
defense to a claim of defamation. That's why I have no fear in discussing you
or your business practices online. On the other hand, should you wish to post
my contact information and then indulge in libel, you'll soon find yourself in
Federal Court. Those are my Terms of Service.

No, I think you'd prefer dealing with me as 'Grumps'.

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 3:12:55 PM6/7/04
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you!!

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 3:15:17 PM6/7/04
Here's a link to a special section on the Ferree website which Mr. Ferree
himself prepared after being our houseguest,

http://www.ferreestools.com/the_sax_gourmet_'04.htm

Steve Marshall

Jun 7, 2004, 3:34:44 PM6/7/04

"bigbopper" <bigb...@earthling.net> wrote

> Yes, I have done business with him. No, my experience was not good.
> Yes I am aware of others who have also done business with him, and can
> honestly comment that none of them have been able to report
> positively. That is all I will say, in order to try and keep my
> contribution on point.

I had one small business dealing with Steve Goodson and he was most helpful
and we had a smooth transaction. I have said this before but you seem to
have ignored it.

Either take the guy to court or shut up.

Steve M

bigbopper

Jun 7, 2004, 8:06:53 PM6/7/04
Mark Bushaw <MBu...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<NU%wc.23358$aM1.16898@fed1read02>...

> Bigbopper, I am truly sorry you had a bad experience with Goodson. I
> have had nothing but positive experiences, so now you know of at least
> one happy customer. If you read some of the Goodson history (other than
> on sxtrolls) you will find many other happy customers who have posted.
> But you are right, this was probably all staged, and I fell for it.
> Since you seem to be posting from the anonymous google group, I assume
> that you are part of the scam. After all, any publicity is good
> publicity, and if this hijacked thread can continue for days when it
> should have ended after a few posts it can only be good for Goodson.
> Maybe the better tactic for Goodson detractors is to not attack every
> post he may make. As is pointed out elsewhere, just because Goodson says
> something is good doesn't mean that the item / vendor is bad.
>
> Mark Bushaw

Not half as sorry as I am.

"Lucky you" is the best I can say.

I am not part of any scam, for what it is worth.

I do think it is clearer now than it was that this thread was an
attempt to shill and to troll all along. If you look at Arne's header
IDs, you will see he is posting from the same anonymous news proxy as
"Harvey."

I understand your intentions, but, very politely intended, I do not
think you know what you are dealing with, or whom.

Zenin

Jun 7, 2004, 8:24:31 PM6/7/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
> Many folks here know who I am; just as many did on SOTW through trades and
> other business dealings. You can threaten to make public my personal
> information, but you and your minions already did that last year to no
> avail. I will still reveal your past unethical practices and warn others
> to prevent the same in the future. The beauty in this is that truth is an
> absolute defense to a claim of defamation. That's why I have no fear in
> discussing you or your business practices online.

Hmm, to quote you again from eariler in this thread, "I could share with

you a most profane and threatening e-mail from Hornsmasher who took
offense when I publicly attempted to help one of those "not happy"
customers. As long as he continues to post here, I and others will
continue to educate consumers to protect our own."

It looks to me like you have no proof, you have no evidence, at best you
seem to have have hearsay from other random people on the 'Net? Helping
out a friend is noble and so is a valid fight against "evil" business
owners, but seeing as you aren't personally one of the victims you are
starting off with very little credibility and your childish rant style
of campaign doesn't help it improve.

> On the other hand, should you wish to post my contact information and then
> indulge in libel, you'll soon find yourself in Federal Court. Those are
> my Terms of Service.
>
> No, I think you'd prefer dealing with me as 'Grumps'.

No, I think if anyone has any valid libel case here it's likely Steve.
Granted IANAL, but honestly from the peanut gallery it looks like
"Hornsmasher" is being far more patient with you then one would expect
given your unending personal attacks based on what you admit is just
hearsay.

I have little idea of the history you constantly rant about, even after
trying to read up on it with google search links that *you* provided in
the past, but I did see a great many posts by both "Hornsmasher" and
"Steve Goodson" offering nothing but useful, friendly answers to various
questions. I haven't seen much of anything from "Grumps" here that
isn't a rant against Steve. Again, not knowing anything more about you
two from the peanut gallery I'd give Steve the benefit of the doubt long
before you.

Perhaps it's just flawed tactics on your part, but you really do come
off as little more then a sad and bitter little man. :-(

-Zenin

Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Jun 7, 2004, 8:23:58 PM6/7/04

> A few bits of cork, some glue, a blade or craft knife, spring hook,
> screwdriver(s) and maybe a few springs is enough to solve many problems.

You got that right. I did a lot of work last summer for a local shop
here in Kansas City. I started out working in the shop part time, and
then the boss started sending alto saxes home with me. These were
returned student instruments which we were putting into playing
condition for the next school year. I did dozens of horns which varied
from from simple deleaking to total disassembly, wash and repad. The
whole time, the only "sax repairman's tools" I used were screwdrivers,
pliers, glue, alcohol lamp, hammer and dowel, key bending tools, torch
and solder, home-made ten dollar leak light, pads and cork.

Obviously I was not fixing dents, refinishing lacquer, or restoring worn
out hinge tubes. But I did solder some posts and guards, replaced some
springs, and I leveled a few badly shaped tone holes with a whetstone.
Besides the pads, springs and cork from the shop, the only thing that I
have that comes from Ferree's is a can of cement and a dozen assorted
posts from their grab bin. I even made my key bending tools at home.

By the way, if anybody wants to know how to make a ten dollar
fluorescent leak light, let me know and I'll tell you how I did it. It
works great and has proven to be quite durable.

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 8:38:33 PM6/7/04
It's anonymous, sort of like using a name like "bigbopper" or "Grumps". You
can say what you want, true or not, about anybody you choose, and not be
responsible. If you want to accuse someone, and have all of these facts, why
not use your real name when you attack them? You don't mind naming the
accused, but don't want to identify yourself as the accuser for some reason.
This somewhat stretches credibility, IMHO. I'm sure you have a good reason.
What is it?

Arne

Jun 7, 2004, 10:32:59 PM6/7/04
On 7 Jun 2004 17:06:53 -0700, bigb...@earthling.net (bigbopper)
wrote:

>I do think it is clearer now than it was that this thread was an
>attempt to shill and to troll all along. If you look at Arne's header
>IDs, you will see he is posting from the same anonymous news proxy as
>"Harvey."

Huh? Cox Communications is not "anonymous".

Hornsmasher

Jun 7, 2004, 11:12:28 PM6/7/04
I don't know why you think the world is so stupid: MusicMedic.com CLEARLY
identifies all products associated with Steve Goodson or Saxgourmet. It is
not now and never has been as secret that MusicMedic and Saxgourmet have an
association. You simply can't miss it. Nobody has tried to conceal anything.
It's right out there in the open. What's the problem?

If you are truly so concerned about full and honest disclosure, I would
suggest that you include the following true statement with all of your posts
about Steve Goodson Woodwinds:

"I HAVE NEVER MET STEVE GOODSON, I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO HIM, I HAVE NEVER
PURCHASED ANY GOODS OR SERVICES FROM HIM OR ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE GOODS OR
SERVICES FROM HIM, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY DIRECT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS
DEALINGS WITH HIM OF ANY FORM OR FASHION".

If any of the above statement is untrue, please provide specific
verification: dates, places, names, etc.

Grumps

Jun 7, 2004, 11:59:06 PM6/7/04
>It looks to me like you have no proof, you have no evidence, at best you
> seem to have have hearsay from other random people on the 'Net?

What proof would you like to see? Contact the New Orleans Better Business
Bureau. Or go here:
http://www.neworleans.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=10001527
There are real names, real people. Techs who have seen his work. People I've
met. These are not random internet shadows. It certainly isn't hearsay when
the actual victims document their case. Have you honestly missed that? True,
I never let Goodson rip me off. With his terms of service, no internet hype or
flatulent self-promotion is going to convince me to ship my horn to him for
service, and I'm certainly not in the market for a Taiwanese horn. Believe it
or not, I actually once defended this Goodson character on SOTW. Silly me. I
couldn't see why people hated him so...... that is until I offered some legal
advice to a player who was seeking a refund for a returned saxophone. Then
came the storm. The fury. The e-mail and yes, the phone calls. You say
Goodson has a case against me? Well I'm an attorney; a practicing trial
attorney well versed in civil litigation. Goodson knows who I am. He could
sue me any day.... and he would too, if he had a case..... but as I said before
and will say again, truth is an absolute defense against a claim for
defamation. That I can say these things freely without fear of legal recourse
against me should be convincing enough for those who have truly thought this
one out. As for his e-mail to me, I can forward it to you in its original form
as it's saved on AOL. I can't fake that. As he has denied its very existence,
would that truly be convincing enough for you, or have you already made up your
mind?

Grumps

Jun 8, 2004, 12:19:59 AM6/8/04
>I would
>suggest that you include the following true statement with all of your posts
>about Steve Goodson Woodwinds:

I HAVE NEVER MET STEVE GOODSON (nor do I want to meet him. he seems like an
unsavory sort and I know him to be a liar)
I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO HIM (although he did send me a nasty e-mail on
9/23/2003 at 8:15:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, including my full name and
address which he denies, so I know him to be a liar and can prove same)

I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED ANY GOODS OR SERVICES FROM HIM OR ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE
GOODS OR

SERVICES FROM HIM (and never plan on doing so as the New Orleans Better
Business Bureau advises against it, as do a number of saxophonists and techs,
some of which I know personally)

AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY DIRECT PERSONAL OR BUSINESS

DEALINGS WITH HIM OF ANY FORM OR FASHION (other than his threatening e-mail to
which I responded to in a light and charming manner, as is my way)

As for concealing your dealings, then why the Hornsmasher name? We had to sort
that one out. It wasn't something you came clean with. You came back here not
as Steve Goodson or Saxgourmet, but as Hornsmasher (and probably Winford
Barnett before that) to plug your products, website and services.

Now ignoring Goodson for a moment, I apologize to those on this forum who do
not know me from my hundreds of posts on SOTW. I would like to talk
saxophones, and do on occasion here, but I can't sit idly by and let this man
pull the wool over the eyes of another generation of saxophonists.

Grumps

Jun 8, 2004, 12:35:56 AM6/8/04
>You don't mind naming the
>accused, but don't want to identify yourself as the accuser for some reason.
>This somewhat stretches credibility, IMHO. I'm sure you have a good reason.
>What is it?

Your threatening e-mails for one. No one should have to stomach your sick glee
in revealing personal information. Also the phone calls. It's kind of creepy
when some internet stalker is calling you over an idea freely expressed on the
internet. For those not selling products or services, I would strongly advise
not posting your name, address, etc. when freely expressing ideas. But Steve,
this is beside the point. You know who I am. I am responsible for what I say.
It is true, and at least I know that you know it. Most of the rest know it's
true as well. Even former associates of yours. Others will in time when you
again reveal your true self through your business dealings. You can paint me
as a crank, or what have you. But I have always been approachable. I've been
able to make peace with some with whom I've disagreed with online. I've met
many of the fine folks on these here forums personally and have formed good
friendships. You've got a long way to go Steve. Everyone on here is a mark to
you, or your minion, and lately, you don't have too many 'named' defenders. As
John said to Paul, "How do you sleep?"

Steve Marshall

Jun 7, 2004, 3:42:45 PM6/7/04

"Grumps" <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote

> You're not making sense here. The issue is who is doing the recommending,
the
> manner in which he is doing it and his past unethical behavior. I've seen
this
> all before with this 'Hornsmasher' character, as have others. Deal with
him at
> your peril.

That's pretty stupid logic. Musicmedic have some great products. It doesn't
matter who recommends their stuff, the quality is the same.

Steve Goodson offers some useful advice. You just act like a troll. Do you
think we are going to believe what you say ?

Steve M

Hornsmasher

Jun 8, 2004, 6:46:15 PM6/8/04
If you read my initial post again on this topic, I only suggested the
MusicMedic.com kits and nothing else. I know it is a fine product, and I am
not aware that anyone anywhere offers a similar kit. I said NOT A WORD about
the two products of mine (my repair videos and Saxgourmet pads) that are
sold by MusicMedic.com. Why this warranted a troll response is a total
mystery to me. My only intent was to answer a question from a group member.
That's absolutely all I did. Nothing else. Take a look, there's nothing
there except the suggestion of someone else's products on someone else's web
site.

--
Remember, kids: Strangers always have the BEST candy!

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 12:14:36 AM6/9/04
>Do you
>think we are going to believe what you say ?
>

>Steve M

Steve M.,
Let me put it in another way; forgetting the personalities involved:

Do you think that it is a proper use of a public, topic driven internet forum,
for business man A to use alias/ally B to ask a question to be answered by
alias/ally C recommending a product or services whereby A will realize a
profit?

That's the issue, but all you can do is throw around the 'T' word.

Zenin

Jun 9, 2004, 5:26:16 AM6/9/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
>>Do you
>>think we are going to believe what you say ?
>>Steve M
> Steve M.,
> Let me put it in another way; forgetting the personalities involved:
>
> Do you think that it is a proper use of a public, topic driven internet forum,
> for business man A to use alias/ally B to ask a question to be answered by
> alias/ally C recommending a product or services whereby A will realize a
> profit?

You know, if this was truely what happend don't you think the request
and resulting product recommendation might focus on something business
man A actually makes/sells? So far as I can tell nothing Steve
manufactures or sells is at all part of the repair kit he recommended.
If your theory was true I'd expect something more like:

Q: "What's the best sax pad to use?"
A: "Well personally I find Saxgourmet Pads(tm) to be the best!"

I'm not "taking Steve's side", I don't know him or you personally and
have never done any business with either. All I know so far is what
I've seen in the group, the posts by you and him in particular. You
don't come across as either mature or reasoned in your responses, while
Steve comes across as exceptionally so.

I think the real point is why do you insist on attacking Steve every
time he posts regardless if you actually have a point or not. The only
"logical" conclusion is that you simply want to see Steve gone period,
reguardless if he mostly posts useful information or not. I have to say
such a tactic is likely to do nothing but get you kill filed by most
readers and leave Steve unaffected.

Grumps, grow up. Just cause or not you're an obnoxious little brat,
nothing more.

-Zenin

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 9:12:14 AM6/9/04
To the very best of my knowledge, the original question was raised by Harvey
Hornshw, who I don't know, and I suppose should be identified as "B". I will
assume that MusicMedic.com owner Curt Altarac should be called "A". I know
Curt very well: he's one of my best friends, he and I have done business
together for some time, and I'm very proud to say that he is a former
student of mine who has done very well in this business. At no time did "A"
request that I direct "B's" question to him, although I was happy to do so.
There is simply no other comparable product, "B" asked where to get a
product, and I answered. I have observed that many posters in this group
suggest products to those seeking advice, so I would suppose that if the
line of logic proposed is followed, they are also guilty of unethical
behavior. I guess that leaves me to play the role of "C". Since "A" is
clearly and openly in business, and is not in business strictly for his
health, I would think he is certainly entitled to a profit on any goods or
services that he sells. The capitalist system is based on profit. If there
are no profits, then businesses will cease to exist. Goods and services will
not be provided to consumers unless the providers make a profit. I fail to
see the problem with any business making a profit.

Insofar as "throwing around the T word", I would respectfully submit that
anyone who regularly participates in a discussion group known as the
"Saxtrolls Forum" (where Grumps is the leading poster!) is by their own
admission a troll and should be treated as same. I can simply think of no
other valid explanation. If a group of people call themselves trolls, and
devote a website to disparaging others, and then infest other discussion
groups with troll-like activity, then I would submit that they are trolls.
Period, end of discussion. I don't see how you could possibly view the
situation in any other light.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 10:03:40 AM6/9/04
>I will
>assume that MusicMedic.com owner Curt Altarac should be called "A".

You are 'A' Steve. As to the few people defending you here..... you can fool
some of the people some of the time.....

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 10:13:56 AM6/9/04
Ok, if I'm "A", then how did suggesting someone check out MusicMedic.Com
benefit me? I don't sell repair kits.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 10:20:58 AM6/9/04
> You know, if this was truely what happend don't you think the request
> and resulting product recommendation might focus on something business
> man A actually makes/sells?

Steve's products are featured at the website that "Hornsmasher" recommended.
Remember, Steve did not voluntarily reveal that he was Hornsmasher. He has
operated this way for years to enhance his business and that of his cronies.
Since you're such a fan of logic Zenin, why must you resort to an ad hominem
(fallacious) attack as your conclusion? Do you really think Steve was mature
in his response to the Sling King about Pro-Tec cases? And he's a Pro-Tec
dealer. Is Steve so very mature that he must insult my 76 year old father on
this forum? Please Zenin..... you may have strong opinions regarding my
manner, and that's okay. I can be quite obnoxious. I do know I can rub people
the wrong way. As for MusicMedic, he once called me and left me a voice mail
over something posted on another forum. It wasn't very pleasant, but feeling
that he was being manipulated, I did not take offense. I had the pleasure to
meet him at the Virginia Sax Symposium a few months ago. We shook hands and he
seemed like a very nice guy. I would have liked to discuss our differences and
put them behind us, but unfortunately, he had to run. My complaint here is not
about him. It is about Steve. I know some will take displeasure in these
flaming threads, but know this: you are part of it and have flamed yourself.
You obviously don't want to read the e-mail I offered to share with you or hear
the story behind it. Perhaps you fear you will have to recant your judgement.
Either way, the offer remains open should you truly wish to be informed.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 10:33:14 AM6/9/04
>Ok, if I'm "A", then how did suggesting someone check out MusicMedic.Com
>benefit me? I don't sell repair kits.

Please. Do you really think you can fool people that easily Steve? Your pads
and both of your videos are featured items for sale at that site. Sales of
said products benefit you. Case closed.

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 1:08:51 PM6/9/04
Since 1972, I have been in the business of selling saxophones and saxophone
related products. I am sorry if this is news to anyone. I want to sell all
the products I can. I am in business to do so. I have never concealed that
fact. I fail to see the problem. If I had in any way concealed the fact that
I am in business, it might possibly be different. This fact has never been
concealed.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 1:35:37 PM6/9/04
>If I had in any way concealed the fact that
>I am in business, it might possibly be different. This fact has never been
>concealed.

Then cut out the 'Hornsmasher', the 'Lomar', the 'Winfrid' and any other screen
names you use to conceal your advertisements on public saxophone forums.

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 3:29:06 PM6/9/04
And you would also agree to use your real name, not "Grumps"?

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 3:37:45 PM6/9/04
>And you would also agree to use your real name, not "Grumps"?

When I sell or trade goods online, I always do; as many here and other forums
would attest to.

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 3:48:59 PM6/9/04
But not when you attack people you don't know or products you have not use?

bigbopper

Jun 9, 2004, 4:09:48 PM6/9/04
Zenin <ze...@rhps.org> wrote in message news:<10cdlto...@news.supernews.com>...

Related to my own experiences and consideration of legal proceedings I
have done a good deal of trekking around the internet to find out
about the experiences of others and whether they mirror mine.

They do.

I think you do a disservice by choosing a side based on an ad-hominem
analysis without knowing more about the real story yourself.

Instead of attacking Grumps's personality, or making that the subject
of discussion, you might take the trouble to examine his claims.

Talk to people who have sent their horns to this person for repair in
the past few years.

Then come back and criticize Grumps or whomever else FOR BEING WRONG.
Saying he is a jerk, and therefore he is wrong, is a much weaker
approach, and one that is pretty clearly hypocritical, since you do
not know the truth at this point, and have not bothered to look into
it beyond the posturing and self-selling that exist on this board
already.

My experience and that of others confirms that Grumps is not mistaken.
Bother to background check and you will find that the experience of
others confirms the same.

I have witnessed the cause of why Grumps hates and harrasses Goodson
by the way. In my own research I discovered threads by Tim Price and
others on Sax On The Web, threatening Grumps when Grumps became part
of a vocal body of dissent at Sax On The Web regarding deposits on
Unison saxophones that Goodson kept for unreasonable amounts of time
without providing goods. This is a pattern of behavior with this
group and you will discover so if you bother to do some research
yourself. Some of these threads may still exist on Sax On The Web but
most do not. I had the good fortune of having my own experiences with
Goodson prior to the Sax On The Web events, so some of these events
were valuable to me to archive, given my plan at that time to proceed
against Goodson legally. I have not done that, but it iss not yet out
of the question. I can mention some of these names, if you really
need proof.

Take it for what it is worth, based on my own dealings with this
person, I believe the "trolls," and I too have seen it proved over
time that every time someone is critical of this guy, he and his
"vocal friends" always try to play the "troll" card.

I have read enough of the old Sax On The Web postings and have
followed enough of the Goodson-related flame wars to know that trouble
follows Goodson wherever he goes. It will follow him here whenever he
arrives, under whatever guise. I think this is not because he has so
many enemies. I think it is because he knows he does, and he goes
where they are because he wants to try them. Based on my experience,
I judge that is why he is here now. You only need to look at past
threads on this ng to realize that this is true.

If you want further and more immediate proof you should look at
Hornsmasher's signature line. If it does not scream at you "I am a
guy who loves trouble, and to play games" it is hard to guess what
will.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 4:10:19 PM6/9/04
>But not when you attack people you don't know or products you have not use?

Don't kid yourself. I know you very well.

Mark Bushaw

Jun 9, 2004, 5:06:38 PM6/9/04
And yet you choose to ignore people who say that they have had positive
experiences. Or call us minions. Just as bad a label as troll.
If EVERYONE had a bad experience with ANY business, that business would
be gone, no matter how much advertising they did.
Face it, you are in a very small minority for whatever reason. I'm not
saying your feelings are not valid, just that you can't say that most
everyone that has dealt with Goodson gets ripped off.
I can say that I am a happy customer. You can say that you are not a
happy customer. There are others who have had similar experiences as
either of us.

Mark Bushaw

Zenin

Jun 9, 2004, 5:22:39 PM6/9/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
>> You know, if this was truely what happend don't you think the request
>> and resulting product recommendation might focus on something business
>> man A actually makes/sells?
>
> Steve's products are featured at the website that "Hornsmasher"
> recommended.

Steve's products, much to your dismay, are "featured" on a number of
well respected sites.

The fact is however, the recommendation was for the "repair kit",
something:

A) Only MusicMedic sells *at all*, so honestly there just isn't
anyone else that *anyone* could recommend if they wanted to.

B) Steve doesn't make a dime off these repair kits; not a single
product of his is in them.

> Remember, Steve did not voluntarily reveal that he was Hornsmasher. He
> has operated this way for years to enhance his business and that of his
> cronies.

Is MusicMedic a "crony"? How about "Ferree's Tools"?

> Since you're such a fan of logic Zenin, why must you resort to an ad
> hominem (fallacious) attack as your conclusion?

What was misleading in my response? I simply highlighted your
completely non sequitur argument for what it was.

> Do you really think Steve was mature in his response to the Sling King
> about Pro-Tec cases? And he's a Pro-Tec dealer.

Nice red herring; At issue is Steve's recommendation of a product he has
no financial interest in, manufactured by a company he has no financial
interest in, and sold by a company he has no financial interest in.

If you want to rant about Steve in general, feel free to start a new
thread. *This* issue started with you attacking Steve with a verifiably
baseless argument. You are trying to use this post as an example of how
evil Steve is, but there simply isn't anything in this example to
support that conclusion. From the peanut gallery one must view your
illogical attack here then as general evidence to your overall lack of
reason, thus calling any other arguments you attempt to make into
question.

Or more simply, you've opened your mouth only to prove you're an idiot.

>snip<

> You obviously don't want to read the e-mail I offered to share with you or
> hear the story behind it.

I don't care to read it for a few reasons.

A) I can be forged, trivially.
B) You've already displayed a tendency for flawed reasoning, making
A more of a worry.
C) You've declared that A simply isn't possible because you don't have
access to AOL's servers. As a software engineer by trade I'm not
sure where even to begin with this one. At best it displays an
extremely limited knowledge of even the most basic computer system
concepts (ignorance). If you aren't actually that completely
ignorant of computer systems then it gets worse for you as it calls
into question again your basic ability to reason logically. Either
way we're back to B again...

> Perhaps you fear you will have to recant your judgement.

On the issue at hand, such is not possible. The facts are very, very
cut and dry here. So far as a more general judgment of Steve and you, I
have not come to any conclusions...I simply don't have enough
information thus far to do so. What I can say confidently however, is
that my experience thus far with both of you puts Steve firmly in the
lead and I don't think I'm alone. IOW, you're doing far more harm to
your "cause" then you are helping. You need new tactics, but more
importantly you need to start with logical arguments, not non sequiturs.

-Zenin

Zenin

Jun 9, 2004, 5:37:54 PM6/9/04
bigbopper <bigb...@earthling.net> wrote:
>snip<
>> -Zenin
>snip<

> I think you do a disservice by choosing a side based on an ad-hominem
> analysis without knowing more about the real story yourself.
>
> Instead of attacking Grumps's personality, or making that the subject of
> discussion, you might take the trouble to examine his claims.

I have. His claim (Steve is making a profit off MusicMedic's repair
kits) in this instance simply isn't credible, it isn't logical, it's a
conclusion that doesn't bare the slightest connection to the facts.

Steve may well be a total prick, however in *this instance* Grump's
attack was based on the premise that Steve is a prick because he
recommended a product he has no financial interest in, manufactured by a
company he has no interest in, and sold by a company he has no financial
interest in, and of course happens to be the only possible product
recommendation *anyone* could make.

Grump may well have a strong case including many valid examples for
Steve being a total prick, but in this instance, the instance that
GRUMPs choose to attack Steve with, there simply is no credible case.
Surely if Steve is such a total prick there should be dozens of ready
examples to demonstrate this, so why resort to jumping on this repair
kit recommendation that simply has no logical credibility?

So...
Grumps has proven himself less then logical.
Grumps has proven himself prone to venomous outbursts.
Grumps has proven himself less then civil.

And that's just this thread.

After such a great start, why in the world would I bother going out of
my way to try and prove that Grumps has a greater valid argument? The
fact is I have looked a bit and found more of the same. Grumps appears
hell-bent to completely discredit himself, why would I waste my time
trying to prevent his own self destruction?

-Zenin

Zenin

Jun 9, 2004, 5:42:05 PM6/9/04

Are Steve's pads the ones included in the repair kits that were
recommended? No, they aren't. Case closed.

Grumps, if you want to discredit Steve (and clearly you do), you might
want to try using valid examples instead of manufacturing them in your
lower intestine.

-Zenin

Robert

Jun 9, 2004, 5:59:01 PM6/9/04
I think that this thread is getting old and smelly. Everything now
being said has already been said many times before. The motivations for
all the verbiage remain as obscure as ever.

If I dwelt in New Orleans, perhaps I would want to know who is an
honest, competent, swift, and affordable repairman there. But, I am a
thousand miles away and I would never send my saxophone to New Orleans
or any other distant place when I have a good repairman near my home.
This is one reason the accusations between those of opposing views has
much less relevance to me than they themselves think.

bigbopper

Jun 9, 2004, 6:39:19 PM6/9/04
Mr. Bushaw,

I don't want to argue with you. I don't see that it can possibly
benefit any one, at this point. I understand where you are coming
from, I think.

Is it fair to say that your dealings with Goodson were not repair
related? That is, is it fair to say you have not sent him a saxophone
for repair within the past 3 years?

I am speaking purely of my own experience as a repair customer. It
seems clear to me that your experience was not as a repair customer.

You write that I am a member of a "vocal minority." You are, in my
experience absolutely, completely 100% mistaken.

I would just encourage you to be more sure of what you say the next
time you call a person a liar.

Next time you are in New Orleans, if you ever are in New Orleans, do
what I did when I was there. Go to the professionals around town, you
do not even need the hidden tape recorder that I had, and ask them
their real opinions on your friend. Start with the people listed and
pictured in your friend's "Happy customers" page.

- bb

bigb...@earthling.net (bigbopper) wrote in message news:<c7df45a9.0406...@posting.google.com>...
> Mark Bushaw <MBu...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<NU%wc.23358$aM1.16898@fed1read02>...
> > Bigbopper, I am truly sorry you had a bad experience with Goodson. I
> > have had nothing but positive experiences, so now you know of at least
> > one happy customer. If you read some of the Goodson history (other than
> > on sxtrolls) you will find many other happy customers who have posted.
> > But you are right, this was probably all staged, and I fell for it.
> > Since you seem to be posting from the anonymous google group, I assume
> > that you are part of the scam. After all, any publicity is good
> > publicity, and if this hijacked thread can continue for days when it
> > should have ended after a few posts it can only be good for Goodson.
> > Maybe the better tactic for Goodson detractors is to not attack every
> > post he may make. As is pointed out elsewhere, just because Goodson says
> > something is good doesn't mean that the item / vendor is bad.
> >
> > Mark Bushaw
> >

> Not half as sorry as I am.
>
> "Lucky you" is the best I can say.
>
> I am not part of any scam, for what it is worth.
>
> I do think it is clearer now than it was that this thread was an
> attempt to shill and to troll all along. If you look at Arne's header
> IDs, you will see he is posting from the same anonymous news proxy as
> "Harvey."
>
> I understand your intentions, but, very politely intended, I do not
> think you know what you are dealing with, or whom.

Mark Bushaw

Jun 9, 2004, 7:27:43 PM6/9/04
I am a repair customer of Steve Goodson. One of my horns has been
rebuilt within the last 2 years. I am not a working pro, just a guy who
plays at the community band level. I do not live in New Orleans, and
have never visited.
I said you were part of a minority, I don't consider your posts to be
'vocal', in fact I think you have shown great reserve in expressing your
unhappy transaction with Goodson.
I am not aware that I called you a liar, or implied that you were a
liar. In fact I have gone out of my way to validate your opinions and
feelings based on your experience (once you made clear that you were
speaking from personal experience, and not trying to carry someone
else's torch).
If I were to believe that none of the local musicians use Goodson's
service, and none of his out-of-state business has had a happy ending, I
would have to believe that Goodson is independently wealthy. How else
could he stay in business? Why is it so hard to believe that Goodson
does in fact have happy customers? This should not invalidate your
experience or your feelings. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
That doesn't mean that bad things happen all the time.
But as I said in my last post, you have your experience, and I have
mine. Neither of us can know how many others share our experiences, but
the laws of the marketplace tell us that if a business does not please
most of its customers, it goes out of business very fast.

Mark Bushaw

Hornsmasher

Jun 9, 2004, 7:52:17 PM6/9/04
and to think that all of this started just because I suggested a place to
buy repair kits in response to a question from a poster.....I've had more
than enough of the babbling from people whose agenda is not to discuss
saxophones but to attack me.. I'm through with this thread. There's nothing
worthwhile left to say. Get your repair kits at MusicMedic.com. I'm not
responding anymore to any of this nonsense. I'm sure Grumps and Bigbopper
will try to bait me into returning. I won't be back on this thread, but I
have participated in this group since 1996, and have every intention of
continuing. Arguing on the internet is like winning a medal at the Special
Olympics.........

MusicMedic.com

Jun 9, 2004, 8:46:21 PM6/9/04
I certainly don't like to get involved in these flaming threads. I
fear that this post is a mistake but here goes:

I just want to clear up a few things that have been mentioned or
implied about me and/or my business.

1. My phone message to Grumps was not unpleasant.
Grumps Said, "It wasn't very pleasant, but feeling

that he was being manipulated, I did not take offense."

I've never left an unpleasant phone message in my life. It's just not
my nature. I try very hard to run my business in an ethical manner and
always try to make my friends and clients happy.
One day I got an Email with a link in it to a thread where Grumps
was attacking me in a place called "SaxTrolls" where he posts. I
thought (and said to a few people) that, if Grumps is going attack me
and my ethics, he should meet me or at least talk to me.
So, the phone message: In a pleasant tone of voice I said something
to the effect of: "Hello Mike, my name is Curt Altarac. I received a
strange Email today and I would like to to talk to you about it if you
have time. Please give me a call back at xxx(if anyone want my number
please Email me)xxx. Thanks Mike." Grumps didn't call me back.

2. At no time have I asked Steve to post something in my favor.
Accusing me of doing so is wrong, and unfounded.

3. Steve was recommending my products long before we had any business
dealings. Steve seems to love to recommend products that are good. It
is not uncommon for me to get a call from Steve saying "I don't want
to hear any excuses just go buy this..." Steve never says 'tell him I
sent you' and there is usually no relationship between him and the
maker. It is wrong to assume that everything Steve recommends is
somehow connected to him. I know that sounds strange coming from a
person who does business with Steve but who else really knows....

Curt Altarac
www.MusicMedic.com

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 10:48:06 PM6/9/04
>His claim (Steve is making a profit off MusicMedic's repair
> kits) in this instance simply isn't credible, it isn't logical, it's a
> conclusion that doesn't bare the slightest connection to the facts.

That Zenin, is a Straw Man, fallacious argument, and therefore is wholly
lacking in logic. That was never my point, nor my argument. My complaint was
the appearance of a set up question, and Hornsmasher's (yes, he hadn't admitted
he was Goodson at that point) direction to a WEBSITE that featured Goodson's
products for sale. Many of us have seen this all too many times in the past.
But before you are so quick to point out the illogic of others...... you should
first figure out what logic is, and avoid the use of fallacies. Your attempts
fail with your fallacious, ad hominem attacks disguised as middle ground.
Venom? Me? I can't help it if when I point out the truth, it stings. You
should be feeling that right about now yourself.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 10:58:19 PM6/9/04
>One day I got an Email with a link in it to a thread where Grumps
>was attacking me in a place called "SaxTrolls" where he posts.

The incident in question began with yet another documented Goodson complaint
about a video paid for yet not received. You had offered the suggestion that
it was lost in the mail and covered for Goodson. Since I couldn't comment
where your post was made, I did elsewhere. Who you do business with is your
choice, but that excuse was lame given all that was going on at the time. That
was right about the time Goodson was flaunting my personal information and when
someone from the interent gives you a call demanding satisfaction, unpleasant
is being kind.
Would you care to share with us who gave you my name and phone number in that
e-mail?

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 11:21:09 PM6/9/04
> Steve's products, much to your dismay, are "featured" on a number of
> well respected sites.

Yes, and he'll let you know about them, but usually posting as someone else.

> The fact is however, the recommendation was for the "repair kit",

Semantics. He directed people to a website featuring his products without
disclosure. Do you believe the initial post really was looking for "a
saxophone repair kit". Gee, who makes that..... my friend.... who sells my
stuff too. Been there, done that. This is standard MO for Goodson. None of
your equivocating will change that. You only enable it..... perhaps purposely.

> B) Steve doesn't make a dime off these repair kits; not a single
> product of his is in them.

No, but he sends unsuspecting folks to a website featuring his videos, etc...,
hoping to get some business out of the deal for himself.

> Is MusicMedic a "crony"?

Yes. He is. You lie down with dogs.....

>How about "Ferree's Tools"?

Maybe like you, they're either deaf, dumb or blind.... or just don't know any
better yet. Perhaps a phone call and some links are in order.

> What was misleading in my response? I simply highlighted your
> completely non sequitur argument for what it was.

Not quite. You rephrased my argument then insulted me continuously. You may
be good at insults, but logic escapes you.

>> Do you really think Steve was mature in his response to the Sling King
>> about Pro-Tec cases? And he's a Pro-Tec dealer.
>
> Nice red herring; At issue is Steve's recommendation of a product he has
> no financial interest in, manufactured by a company he has no financial
> interest in, and sold by a company he has no financial interest in.

No. Not a red herring when you made the challenge of who is showing more
maturity. My posts didn't show maturity, but Goodson's did, according to you.
I just simply pointed out otherwise, again refuting your bias.

> If you want to rant about Steve in general, feel free to start a new
> thread. *This* issue started with you attacking Steve with a verifiably
> baseless argument. You are trying to use this post as an example of how
> evil Steve is, but there simply isn't anything in this example to
> support that conclusion.

Others will be the judge of that. We all know what you think. But please,
PLONK me by all means so you no longer have to read my immature, illogical
rants. I will continue to point out Goodson's unethical behavior when I see
it, as I see it; here and elsewhere.

>From the peanut gallery one must view your
> illogical attack here then as general evidence to your overall lack of
> reason, thus calling any other arguments you attempt to make into
> question.

More illogic on your part. Arguments are judged on their own merit, not by the
soundness of prior attempts. Please, leave logic to the experts before you
hurt that peanut sized brain. (Gee, I always knew that degree in Philosophy
would come in handy)

> Or more simply, you've opened your mouth only to prove you're an idiot.

More ad hominem, but that's alright, I can do that too, as you're probably
slowly realizing.

>> You obviously don't want to read the e-mail I offered to share with you or
>> hear the story behind it.
>
> I don't care to read it for a few reasons.
>
> A) I can be forged, trivially.
> B) You've already displayed a tendency for flawed reasoning, making
> A more of a worry.
> C) You've declared that A simply isn't possible because you don't have
> access to AOL's servers. As a software engineer by trade I'm not
> sure where even to begin with this one. At best it displays an
> extremely limited knowledge of even the most basic computer system
> concepts (ignorance). If you aren't actually that completely
> ignorant of computer systems then it gets worse for you as it calls
> into question again your basic ability to reason logically. Either
> way we're back to B again..

So now no one except computer programers are capable of lucid thought. But
you've given me credit here. You've assumed I can break into AOL servers and
change their stored e-mail and forward it seamlessly. So now I have talent, or
am I back to an idiot. Make up your mind minion. Yeah... I said it. Minion.
Shoe fits, you know.

> So far as a more general judgment of Steve and you, I
> have not come to any conclusions.

You haven't? I'd like to see a poll on that one. Anyhow, no offense taken.
Perhaps we'll agree on the next one.

Grumps

Jun 9, 2004, 11:30:27 PM6/9/04
>C) You've declared that A simply isn't possible because you don't have
>> access to AOL's servers.

p.s. on this one.....
Aol will save mail not only on your computer, but on AOL.. The choice is
yours. As a software expert, you know this, of course....

Zenin

Jun 10, 2004, 2:09:11 AM6/10/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
>snip<

> But you've given me credit here. You've assumed I can break into AOL
> servers and change their stored e-mail and forward it seamlessly.

The only thing I've assumed, and thanks for again proving my assumption
to be 100% on the mark, is that you understand so little about how email
systems work that you somehow assume it's this big, secure system with
lots guards in place to prevent "forged forward messages" and such.

In fact nothing in the slightest need be done and absolutely nothing is
in place to even try and prevent you from this goal. Nothing more then a
simple, normal, "forward", is needed. Neither AOL or any other ISP has
any system in place preventing you from modifying a forwarded message,
detecting that it has been modified, or to verify the origin. If you
wanted to foward me a "message from God" it would have as much validity
as any other message you "foward".

This isn't rocket science, it's the most basic of email usage skill.

--
-Zenin

Zenin

Jun 10, 2004, 2:25:47 AM6/10/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
>>His claim (Steve is making a profit off MusicMedic's repair
>> kits) in this instance simply isn't credible, it isn't logical, it's a
>> conclusion that doesn't bare the slightest connection to the facts.
>
> That Zenin, is a Straw Man, fallacious argument, and therefore is wholly
> lacking in logic.

You are blinded by your hatred of Steve, so much so you see boogie men
around every corner and will stretch reality as far as needed to align
with your conclusion. I truely pitty you. You must be a very sad,
lonely, and bitter person.

Again, you may have a million valid examples of Steve being a total
prick, but *this* simply isn't one of them and no amount of twisting
will change that fact. It saddens me that you have so lost your
connections with reality that you can't comprehend even the most
simplistic of events because they don't align with your preconceived
notions, instead believing a vastly more complex revision forged in your
own mind and supported by wishful thinking.

WRT "Hornsmasher" using a moniker, as noted so do you, so do I, so do
most people on the 'Net. Want to know who they really are? Typically
all one need to do is ask. Zenin has been my online moniker for close
to two decades now, finding who I "really am" is a trivial Google search
(the first hit is my web page and 99% of Google Group hits are
mine...yes, the better part of 24k hits). Or of course, you could just
ask...but personally I think you'd be happier continuing to believe your
delusion that everyone that uses a moniker is involved in some hugely
complex conspiracy to make Steve the richest sax repair tech on the
planet.

-Zenin

Grumps

Jun 10, 2004, 11:21:36 AM6/10/04
>WRT "Hornsmasher" using a moniker, as noted so do you, so do I, so do
> most people on the 'Net. Want to know who they really are?

Zenin,
You ignorant slut.
So you are all for businessmen masquerading as customers with questions and
helpful solutions flooding internet forums with free advertisement; and
especially unethical businessmen. No one should question this and we should
all make nice, unless of course someone points out your own flawed attempts at
logic. Then come your insults.

That about sum it up for you? And please continue.... you're almost at my
sad, lonely, and bitter level.

Grumps

Jun 10, 2004, 11:29:13 AM6/10/04
>you understand so little about how email
> systems work that you somehow assume it's this big, secure system with
> lots guards in place to prevent "forged forward messages" and such.

Well since I understand so little and am so naive, wouldn't that have you
believe that if I truly thought the system is secure (and aol does store
e-mail, so you can save it on one computer and find it on another), and offered
to forward this e-mail believing nothing could effect its authenticity, that I
am being truthful? Or am I so diabolic and cunning to have misled you? Can't
have it both ways. Still, you haven't caught me in a whopper, and you never
will.

Zenin

Jun 10, 2004, 2:00:19 PM6/10/04
Grumps <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote:
> So you are all for businessmen masquerading as customers with questions
> and helpful solutions flooding internet forums with free advertisement;

I'd give this theory far more credit if I hadn't already witnessed much
helpful advice w/o any product recommendations attached at all passed
out by both Steve and Curt (Music Medic, another co-conspirator
"unethical businessman" according to you). At least one of Curt's
involved a very clever solution to a problem I was having with my Martin
bari...again no product recommendations at all. With the majority of
questions asked and answered that don't involve product recommendations
at all, why do you insist on finding a conspiracy behind this
one...especailly when the "link" requires so much conjecture? If the
question was something like, "I'm doing a repad, what are the best pads
I can buy?" and Steve replied, "Saxgourmet pads", you might have a valid
criticism.

Grumps, may I ask how far you think this conspiracy goes? Do you also
happen to wear a tin foil hat when you walk outside? Seriously,
consider professional help; you're seeing boogiemen around every
corner...

-Zenin

Grumps

Jun 10, 2004, 3:46:12 PM6/10/04
> Grumps, may I ask how far you think this conspiracy goes? Do you also
> happen to wear a tin foil hat when you walk outside? Seriously,
> consider professional help; you're seeing boogiemen around every
> corner...

You're repeating yourself and again using straw men as allies; not to mention
exposing your bias which refutes your stated peanut gallery position. I took a
moment to refresh myself with your own prior acts and even visited your
website. You were the idiot that berated that kid who only wanted to start a
new saxophone forum. You took extreme offense at someone else's use of this
newsgroup that did not suit your pleasure (sound familiar?) and your actions
both here and on the new site were despicable. Now you suggest I seek
professional help when you most certainly appear to have an unhealthy fixation
on the Rocky Horror Picture Show. In my book that makes you either a child or
an imbecile; neither of which I care to further debate. Only one thing is left
for me to do.....

<Plonk>

Saxtroll

Jun 10, 2004, 7:26:39 PM6/10/04
"I have witnessed the cause of why Grumps hates and harrasses Goodson
by the way. In my own research I discovered threads by Tim Price and
others on Sax On The Web, threatening Grumps when Grumps became part
of a vocal body of dissent at Sax On The Web regarding deposits on
Unison saxophones that Goodson kept for unreasonable amounts of time
without providing goods."

That group is mostly now the "saxtrolls." We were named by Goodson and
company and I kept the name for my site as a tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement
of that. The truth is, Harri was badgered into banning the dissenting voices
from SOTW by forces interested in silencing the sober cautions that were
being posted. After enough of us were banned, I figured there was enough of
a critical mass of folks to start another forum.

Yes, I self-named the site "saxtrolls" but whether Hornsmasher realizes it
or not, the joke is on him.

No matter to me, I laugh whether he gets the joke or not.

There is a good amount of SOTW and Goodson related information at saxtrolls
if you want to look. May I suggest my favorite.
http://www.saxtrolls.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338

Keep posting Steve, it only makes this easier.

Regards,

Saxtroll (name witheld because any idiot can look it up if they understand
web hosting)

Steve Marshall

Jun 13, 2004, 7:35:35 PM6/13/04

"Grumps" <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote

> Steve M.,
> Let me put it in another way; forgetting the personalities involved:
>
> Do you think that it is a proper use of a public, topic driven internet
forum,
> for business man A to use alias/ally B to ask a question to be answered by
> alias/ally C recommending a product or services whereby A will realize a
> profit?
>

> That's the issue, but all you can do is throw around the 'T' word.

I don't think that there is anything particularly wrong with that. You're
making a mountain out of a molehill.

Who the hell are you anyway ?
Is it your job to police the newsgroup for us ? I think I can manage , thank
you.

Steve M

Grumps

Jun 13, 2004, 11:11:18 PM6/13/04
>From: "Steve Marshall"

>Is it your job to police the newsgroup for us ?

Forgive me. Apparently, it's yours.

Steve Marshall

Jun 14, 2004, 3:33:05 PM6/14/04

"Grumps" <grmpy...@aol.coma> wrote

[Steve}> >Is it your job to police the newsgroup for us ?

> Forgive me. Apparently, it's yours.

Not at all. I'm just disagreeing with you and your viewpoint.

Steve M

Hornsmasher

Jun 14, 2004, 4:59:47 PM6/14/04
and to think all of this started just because I suggested a place to buy a
repair kit!!

--
The more you run over a possum, the flatter it gets!

Mark Bushaw

Jun 14, 2004, 5:10:53 PM6/14/04
Don't you wish you as smart as some think, to have you in the middle of
so much intrigue and so many deals and scams?
I can't even keep the players straight without a program!

Mark Bushaw

Grumps

Jun 14, 2004, 10:14:15 PM6/14/04
>From: "Steve Marshall"

>Not at all. I'm just disagreeing with you and your viewpoint.

Then we'll put you down with the 'cons'.

Grumps

Jun 14, 2004, 10:15:03 PM6/14/04
>From: "Hornsmasher"

>and to think all of this started just because I suggested a place to buy a
>repair kit!!

Sure it didn't start when you asked about a repair kit?

Harvey Hornschwagle

Jun 18, 2004, 2:35:37 AM6/18/04
On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:06:33 +0100, Stephen Howard
<sees...@email.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:22:24 GMT, Harvey Hornschwagle
><your...@here.com> wrote:
>
>>The cork on my tenor neck disintegrated the other day, and instead of
>>bringing it to my repairman for another gouging I'd like to do the
>>repair myself. I had a class in college on repairs (including
>>replacing neck cork), so I'm not totally new to it, but I don't have
>>any idea as to who sells a good repair kit.
>>
>>Recommendations?
>>
>Don't need a kit to replace a mouthpiece cork..
>
>http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/HandyHints/Recorking_crooks.htm
>
>Regards,

Thank you - that's some great information.

I must say I'm impressed with how big this threads has grown since I
posted that question. I'm glad I didn't ask the meaning of life...:)

Harvey

Zenin

Jun 18, 2004, 3:42:00 AM6/18/04
Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com> wrote:
>snip<

> I must say I'm impressed with how big this threads has grown since I
> posted that question. I'm glad I didn't ask the meaning of life...:)

Yep, the meaning of life would have only had two replies...

Subject: The meaning of life?
Author: Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com>

Jane Doe <ja...@siriuscybernetics.com> wrote:
> Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com> wrote:
> > What's the meaning of life?
> 42
Great, thanks!

-Zenin

Hornsmasher

Jun 18, 2004, 8:44:27 AM6/18/04
If you had asked the meaning of life, and I had answered, it would still be
troll-bait. The majority of the responses had nothing whatsoever to do with
your question, and for that, I apologize.

--
Old ladies can eat more than you think.

Mark Bushaw

Jun 18, 2004, 12:39:32 PM6/18/04
Zenin wrote:

> Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com> wrote:
> >snip<
>
>>I must say I'm impressed with how big this threads has grown since I
>>posted that question. I'm glad I didn't ask the meaning of life...:)
>

> Yep, the meaning of life would have only had two replies...
>
> Subject: The meaning of life?
> Author: Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com>
>
> Jane Doe <ja...@siriuscybernetics.com> wrote:
> > Harvey Hornschwagle <your...@here.com> wrote: