Rush Rocks Hartford!!

John S. Hill

Jun 29, 2002, 11:11:03 AM6/29/02
Everyone who is going is in for the time of their lives. This was by far
the best Rush show ever!!! Opening with Tom Sawyer and only playing a few
tracks from VP. All the classic stuff. The two biggest surprises of the
night was the playing of Natural Science, (I have never seen that one live)
and a very intimate accoustic version of Resist with just Alex and Geddy at
the front of the stage. I won't divulge the rest of the playlist as Alex has
been heard to say that it may be changing from show to show and that they
will be doing things they have never done live before. I have been to every
tour since Signals and in just about every venue possible and this was by
far the best performance that this rabid fan has ever seen. It is an
experience not to be missed.

Rustvold

Jun 29, 2002, 11:10:06 AM6/29/02
Why is it that people always think that the show they just saw was the best
ever? Is it because it's still fresh in their minds and they're still on
that high?

Last night's show was definitely good, but to call it the best RUSH show
ever is REALLY pushing it.

I think the TFE tour was better IMO.

"John S. Hill" <orio...@charter.net> wrote in message

SpaceBass

Jun 29, 2002, 12:17:05 PM6/29/02
thanks for the report, john--can't wait til september for the california
shows! to follow on rustvold's point, it seems to me that john may not, in
fact, have been at the t4e tour if he hadn't seen them play natural science.
(maybe you were in the restroom during that song, john?) however, to be
honest, when i left after seeing the t4e show for the third time, i was
convinced that was *the* best rush show of the 18 i've seen, and i still am.
that hasn't always been the case for every rush show i've seen, but that one
was hard to beat.

rock on,

eric

Dorian

Jun 29, 2002, 12:20:11 PM6/29/02

"Rustvold" <de...@coldengrey.com> wrote in message

> Why is it that people always think that the show they just saw was the
best
> ever? Is it because it's still fresh in their minds and they're still on
> that high?
>
> Last night's show was definitely good, but to call it the best RUSH show
> ever is REALLY pushing it.

Maybe for John S. Hill it was the greatest Rush show ever. For me it was
probaly Signals in '82, Chicago. Second row center...tripping my ass off.
What a night.

rconwayjr

Jun 29, 2002, 1:03:32 PM6/29/02
I have seen Rush 12 times since 1981. The best I ever saw was my first show
at Radio City Music Hall. It was in between tours and before Signals came
out. They used to always do a tour stop before releasing an album and going
on tour to get their chops down. A lot of these shows in the early days I
hear were done in Florida. The fact this was in Radio City, my first show,
and I love all their albums from Signals back, makes it unbelievable. So
all their old stuff plus great new never before heard stuff from Signals
made this most memorable. I like all their albums, but the early ones don't
miss a beat. A full version of Broone's Bane into the Trees and Xanadu is
enough to make any show the best.

article uhrnibd...@corp.supernews.com, Dorian at cypr...@hotmail.com

SJ

Jun 29, 2002, 1:43:54 PM6/29/02
Maybe off-topic:

I'm confused about the TFE tour/s. I remember Rush playing a regular TFE
date in San Diego and then coming back 6-months to a year later to play
another date. And I remember it's only this 2nd time here they play Natural
Science and all of 2112 and that setlist. Was this 2nd show a "true" TFE
tour, or wasn't this just some shows Rush had so they could record songs for
the live album which ended up following.

It could be that people saw TFE but didn't see the one with the NS and 2112.
I'm certain Rush didn't play NS and 2112 the first TFE date here in San
Diego.

"rconwayjr" <rcon...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

MOONDSHINE

Jun 29, 2002, 2:07:28 PM6/29/02
<< It could be that people saw TFE but didn't see the one with the NS and 2112.
I'm certain Rush didn't play NS and 2112 the first TFE date here in San
Diego. >>

Reading comments like these make me wonder if they've been altering there set
lists during previous tours....a few people posted how they havent heard them
play NS before, but here in Hartford I'm sure they played NS on the CP and TFE
tours. And they played all of 2112 to open up the 2nd set on the TFE tour. Oh
well.....can't wait to see them again...last night was great.

Rustvold

Jun 29, 2002, 2:13:34 PM6/29/02
I saw shows on both legs of the T4E tour, and both NS & 2112 were played
each time.

"SJ" <barki...@cox.net> wrote in message

Rush- Do not Resist

Jun 29, 2002, 5:28:17 PM6/29/02
Here Here! Yes, this show was really tight and exceptional- excepting maybe a couple of moments, one of which occured when Alex became engaged in some sort of exchange with someone up front, and he screwed up a chord, but whatever, I'm certainly not complaining about that. They looked like they were having alot of fun. Neil seemed quite level and intense, overall, even sometimes a bit weary, as someone mentioned. Still, he did the stick tosses, which was nice to see. It was opening night, new album, 1st tour since 97, which yes, I saw, and they rocked then as well AND they did play N.S.. They were so tight, rocking Hartford and laying it down in a superior manner- in the Rush manner. I thought it was a fantastic show, very impressive, and I've seen them many, many times since Hemispheres tour. All I care about is that it's Rush, and that they still do what they do best so long as they don't completely blow chunks, and that I can see them whenever possible. So long as they put their best efforts forward, they're golden as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, you never really have that worry with Rush, quite the non-chunkers as you well know. Always inspirational, always evolving, always profesh, always trying to "perfekt". If you are a Rush heavy or not, you will love it- unless your show cancels, then that's the only scenario where you'd be hating it! I thought it was a great set mix, very high energy most of the time. Yeah, yeah, certain songs just don't have that YYZ type of energy, but we can't always be that way, can we? ;) Nice suprises throughout. A most FUCKING excellent show!
A tip: if you don't want to miss a minute, make sure you're in position. The boys were very prompt and timely. Don't be screwing around with the $7.00 Floodweiser booth. Get your beer and get in there. A very large number of people were outside who upon hearing the show commence, made the mad Rush to get the hell in there- and I was included. NOW!! Move it, soldier!! Go!! A grievous, regretful error indeed for die-hards! You really need to have that first opening moment satisfaction! Of course last night, there was a duality to that first opening moment! So, I didn't kick myself too hard for it. Let's hear it for opening night at Meadows- Hartford!!

Random Sample - Get the Rush you need!

Just make sure you go to the show, do-not-miss-this-tour!, and you won't be dissapointed with the set list (in my opinion, unless you're a hopeless candy-ass whiner), and you should definitely not be dissapointed with the performance.

I'd estimate from random crowd scans every now and then, that 90-95% of the crowd was on it's feet for the entire length of the show. The only tune I could sit down for was Resist. Good time for a short break from salivating and sweating during my 1st live Rush fix since T4E Coral Sky Amp) Fitting for me, as Meadows is virtually a carbon-copy venue. Picking it up where it was left off.!! Oh yeah~

See you in Saratoga! Funny, same type of venue again! that will be 3 outdoor venues in a row. It is a great format.

WOW!!! What a show!!

As always, I am,

Another fellow in Rushdom

John S. Hill wrote in message ...
:Everyone who is going is in for the time of their lives. This was by far

:
:
:

Tour Rat

Jun 29, 2002, 4:03:55 PM6/29/02

seeing as natural science was played last tour,you must have slept thru it that
time.

--
Use our news server 'news.foorum.com' from anywhere.
More details at: http://nnrpinfo.go.foorum.com/

SJ

Jun 29, 2002, 8:41:36 PM6/29/02
Weird, I seriously do not remember NS the first T4E show in SD. And I'm
certain I'd remember it because it's a fav of mine not seen since Moving
Pictures tour.

I remember thinking the 2nd show (maybe 8 months after the first?) was their
best concert I'd ever seen, due to all the old stuff they purposely played
for the upcoming live album. I don't remember being blown away with the
first leg. I have no clue why I remember the two legs as being different,
but I do.

"Rustvold" <de...@coldengrey.com> wrote in message

SJ

Jun 29, 2002, 8:41:36 PM6/29/02
I seem to recall the 2nd leg only playing *all* of 2112 and I also recall
them ending the first set with the song.

My mind must be going.

"MOONDSHINE" <moond...@aol.com> wrote in message

Craig

Jun 30, 2002, 3:21:12 AM6/30/02

This should help jog the collective memory

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tours.htm#t4e

Craig
http://db.etree.org/Craigdog

"There's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. Not all of em bring you lasagna at work. Most just cheat on you"

-Silent Bob from "Clerks"

"Even today people are largely unconcious of the fact that every individual is a cell in the structure of various international organisms and is therefore casually implicated in their conflicts"

-Carl Gustav Jung

John S. Hill

Jul 1, 2002, 11:35:15 AM7/1/02
Thanks to all for pointing out my oversight about not seeing NS live.
Seriously, I didn't slep through it , it just slipped my mind. However,
this was the first time I saw them "sober" as I had my wife and kid with me.
Next time, I'll get busy with facts instead of just wildly posting something
in the heat of the moment. As far as the best show goes, Rustvold, you are
right. Why does it seem that every new show is the best one? Maybe it's
for different reasons with everyone, the crowd, the songs ,etc...For me, the
crowd response to the band is definately the deciding factor for me. Rush
is a great, great band and to see folks appreciate them for what they are
instead of what they play is a good thing. From where I was
sitting,(section 400 seat 430HH), no one sat down and everyone was groovin'
and singing along and to me that was awesome. The only thing that did
disappoint me was that the show did not sell out. I was hoping that there
would be a lot more people there to welcome them back.
Thanks again all, and rock on.

"Craig" <cj...@att.nothing.but.net> wrote in message

DanL

Jul 1, 2002, 1:42:08 PM7/1/02

"John S. Hill" <orio...@charter.net> wrote in message
> Everyone who is going is in for the time of their lives. This was by far
> the best Rush show ever!!! Opening with Tom Sawyer and only playing a few
> tracks from VP. All the classic stuff.

Yeah, I'd rate The Pass, Bravado Vital Signs, and Red Sector A in a
collection of "all the classic stuff" while leaving out Free Will, Red
Barchetta, Xanadu, A Farwell to Kings, The Trees, Closer to the Heart, etc.
Not!!!! I'd rather hear the real classics for the 20th time than the
mediocre for the second time.....