Google Grupper har inte lÀngre stöd för nya Usenet-inlÀgg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehÄll förblir synligt.

Radiohead and Bjork????

5 visningar
Hoppa till det första olÀsta meddelandet

Whitney67

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

I know this is dumb of me but . . .I need you help.

I heard a RUMOR!!!!---->that bjork and radiohead might tour togeather.
I stress RUMOR!!!!!!

I was wondering if any of you had heard this too?
I have heard both Bjork and Radiohead speack fondley of each others work but I
don't think this rumor is true. But if it is . . .holy crappers!

Waiting for your reply(s) before getting my hopes up.
bless.
-Tom
Whit...@aol.com,
tw4...@alpha.rwu.edu

Boudewijn Soetens

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

Whitney67 wrote:

Don't hope it's true, but IF it is: Yeuch! Argh! grumble... Blech!...or something
like that. What a terrible idea! They cannot have lost their minds like that...

bodie

Colin Smith

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till Whitney67

I can sense it ...
Something important is bound to happen...

Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on
April 12, 1998 as reported by the local radio station
102.1 The Edge.

I am already peeing myself.

--
Regards,

Colin Smith
Okino Computer Graphics

6271 Dorman Road, Unit # 6. Mississauga, Ontario. L4V 1H1.
Tel: 888-3D-OKINO, (905) 672-9328. co...@okino.com.

DvMthsBnd

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

Man if this goes through it will be a great tour.
I can't wait. I'm gettin my tix the minute they go sale for this one.

mike

Baba

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

Colin Smith wrote:

> I can sense it ...
> Something important is bound to happen...
>
> Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on
> April 12, 1998 as reported by the local radio station
> 102.1 The Edge.
>
> I am already peeing myself.

That line-up would never happen here in L.A. Toronto gets all the cool
billings! Didn't Elastica and Blur play together up north a while back?

Steve

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

>Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on
>April 12, 1998 as reported by the local radio station
>102.1 The Edge.
>
>I am already peeing myself.

Jesus christ, that will be so amazing.. when will the tickets go on
sale? I live in London, Ontario, so I hope it will be ticketmaster...
if not, would anybody Torontarian be willing to buy some tickets for
me? I need to go.. I saw them in London Aug 18 1997 and I was so mad
I didn't get to see them in TO the day after.

Steve

L. Wong

olÀst,
20 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-20
till

its true... least for toronto show.

Whitney67

olÀst,
21 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-21
till

I think this will be an amazing show. Judging from Bjork's small tour last
fall, she want's to play alot of her slower material from Homogenic, mixes with
a few past songs. Me thinks this is a perfect opener for Radiohead. They are
both lightyears ahead in their field. I can only hope a tour fallows with that
bill!!!!!

let us pray!

-Tom
Whit...@aol.com,
tw4...@alpha.rwu.edu

Stuart Crouch

olÀst,
21 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-21
till

In article <34C4E87B...@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>, Colin Smith
<co...@okino.com> writes

>I can sense it ...
>Something important is bound to happen...
>

>Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
>on
>April 12, 1998 as reported by the local radio station
>102.1 The Edge.
>
>I am already peeing myself.

My geography is not to hot, are all of these U.S. dates?
--
Stuart Crouch

home - stu...@pro-fit.demon.co.uk
university - kbc...@dmu.ac.uk

ICQ No. 890652

A digital child
of this digital age,
screaming irrational nothings
from his analogue rage.

Michelle Tribe

olÀst,
23 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-23
till

Stuart Crouch (stu...@pro-fit.demon.co.uk) writes:
> In article <34C4E87B...@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>, Colin Smith
> <co...@okino.com> writes

>>Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario,
>>Canada

> My geography is not to hot, are all of these U.S. dates?

I would assume, from the Canada bit at the end, that this is a Canadian
date. In Toronto, in the province of Ontario, eh?
--
Michelle Tribe www.ncf.carleton.ca/~at249

`Are you a sucker or a saint?'

Stuart Crouch

olÀst,
23 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-23
till

In article <6aaasv$g...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>, Michelle Tribe
<at...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> writes

Wheres Canada? Whats an Ontario? :)
Like I said my geography is not to hot and I read this as three
different places, Toronto, Ontario and Canada. (Toronto and Ontario I
assumed were american states). Still the chances of my needing to know
the geography of america in such detail are slim to none.

Michelle Tribe

olÀst,
24 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-24
till

Stuart Crouch (stu...@pro-fit.demon.co.uk) writes:

> Wheres Canada? Whats an Ontario? :)

I am being trolled or...?

> Like I said my geography is not to hot and I read this as three
> different places, Toronto, Ontario and Canada. (Toronto and Ontario I
> assumed were american states). Still the chances of my needing to know
> the geography of america in such detail are slim to none.

Toronto is a city within the province of Ontario in the country of Canada.
Canada is the country just above the US. Canadians are mostly Eskimos
(they call themselves `Inuit' btw) and they live in igloos and they can go
skiing all year round, since the country is north of the US. They are the
group of people who kill all of the cute widdle baby seals and they sell
Maple Syrup and they believe in the british Monarchy.

Michelle (all apologies, Stompin' Tom) Tribe

Barry Waisglass

olÀst,
26 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-26
till

Baba <baba...@earthlink.net> wrote in article
<34C500...@earthlink.net>...

> Colin Smith wrote:
> >
> > I can sense it ...
> > Something important is bound to happen...
> >

> > Bjork is opening for Radiohead at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto,

Ontario, Canada on
> > April 12, 1998 as reported by the local radio station
> > 102.1 The Edge.
> >
> > I am already peeing myself.
>

> That line-up would never happen here in L.A. Toronto gets all the cool
> billings! Didn't Elastica and Blur play together up north a while back?

I wouldn't complain. Trust me, not that much stuff happens here. We
probably have one tenth the number of concerts available to us that you
have. And at least they're playing somewhere a little bigger this time.
Didn't they play at the opera house last time? I heard that sold out in
fourty five minutes. - 'ko

Sarita

olÀst,
27 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-27
till

> I wouldn't complain. Trust me, not that much stuff happens here. We
> probably have one tenth the number of concerts available to us that
> you
> have. And at least they're playing somewhere a little bigger this
> time.
> Didn't they play at the opera house last time? I heard that sold out
> in
> fourty five minutes. - 'ko

Try forty five seconds. I tried to get tickets, and I was extremely
pissed off when I found out they were all sold out. They had better
come to Toronto, because I have already missed them three times and I
don't want to miss them again.

jasper

olÀst,
27 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-27
till

i wonder how many other rh besides myself are also into bjork. fact i was
into the icelandic wonder before yorke n co

--
and i used to fly like peter pan
all the children flew when i touched their hands

[remove .VAGINA for male]

Sarita

olÀst,
27 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-27
till

I also love Bjork as well as Radiohead, and it would be an absolute
delight if they performed together

jasper

olÀst,
28 jan. 1998 03:00:001998-01-28
till

In article <34CE8FEB...@hotmail.com>, Sarita <sy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I also love Bjork as well as Radiohead, and it would be an absolute
>delight if they performed together

agreed. im here in seattle and as rh was here once before im hoping nay
praying and sacreficing small animals that theyll be here again. in lieu
of that however im prepared to fly anywhere on the west coast. that goes
for bjork too. twould be nice to kill two bands with one flight.

Bryan Stevens

olÀst,
1 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-01
till

J-P wrote:

> They also built a big spike in Toronto to impale passing planes, and for
> some reason they let you go up to the top of it.

Oh, so you've been to Toronto?

> And they have a sense of humour, which differentiates them from large
> bits of the US.

Only 47 states.

> --
> J-P

In elementary school, they used to show us videos so that we could
find out just how ignorant Americans are about other countries. They
would interview people in (mostly) the southern states and ask them
about Canada. One response was like:

"Canada? I've never been there myself, but I hear that it's a
beautiful state. Size? Oh, it's about 60 miles by 40 miles"

I just thought it was funny (and I still do).

--
Bryan Stevens
Toronto, Canada

"Karma Police, arrest this girl"
- Radiohead

J-P

olÀst,
1 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-01
till

Bryan Stevens wrote:

> Oh, so you've been to Toronto?

Yes. A nice place. Too bloody hot in August, but then I'm a Brit and I
would say that. And it's not true what the Vancouver lot say; Toronto
_isn't_ "a place that's cold, a place where it snows, a place where
no-one wants to go..."

> In elementary school, they used to show us videos so that we could
> find out just how ignorant Americans are about other countries. They
> would interview people in (mostly) the southern states and ask them
> about Canada. One response was like:
>
> "Canada? I've never been there myself, but I hear that it's a
> beautiful state. Size? Oh, it's about 60 miles by 40 miles"

This explains why they call it the "World" Series.

"Russia? Oh yeah, bit cold. I think it's the state next to Alaska.
Apparently the Russian Senator doesn't get on well with the President or
something..."

--
J-P - Palo Alto CA: city of the future

RAM8081

olÀst,
1 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-01
till

>"Russia? Oh yeah, bit cold. I think it's the state next to Alaska.
>Apparently the Russian Senator doesn't get on well with the President or
>something..."

hey!
russia, according to the tectonic plates, *used* to be connected to russia, so
there :P
americans aren't *that* stupid.

-christina-
skiddily dee i AM jesus -tori amos
if i get scared, i'll just call you- -radiohead
you should come and see me on my western horizon-that dog.
MOST PEOPLE KEEP THEIR BRAINS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS- moz

RAM8081

olÀst,
2 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-02
till

>hey!
>russia, according to the tectonic plates, *used* to be connected to russia,
>so
>there :P
>americans aren't *that* stupid.

oh, hah, i need to clarify this.
russia, the first time, in being in reference to alaska, which used to be part
of russia, and is no longer.
but it used to be :)

thom lawrence

olÀst,
4 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-04
till

Ram8081 said..

> hey!
> russia, according to the tectonic plates, *used* to be connected to russia, so
> there :P
> americans aren't *that* stupid.

no. they're not, are they?

--thom

TIBET

Michelle Tribe

olÀst,
4 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-04
till

thom lawrence (th...@scobie.demon.co.uk) writes:
> Ram8081 said..

>> americans aren't *that* stupid.

> no. they're not, are they?

Oh ho ho... they are.

(But you didn't hear it from me.)

--
Michelle Tribe at...@freenet.carleton.ca

return for refund where applicable

RAM8081

olÀst,
5 feb. 1998 03:00:001998-02-05
till

>>> americans aren't *that* stupid.
>
>> no. they're not, are they?
>
>Oh ho ho... they are.
>
>(But you didn't hear it from me.)

o.
we heard it from your mum, right?
:P

-christina-

-i am NOT the kind of woman that takes things sitting down-
-tori amos-

0 nya meddelanden