New Cd

Skip to the first unread message

Mahyar Ghassem

31 Dec 2000, 10:24:3831/12/2000
Anyone knows if prodigy are going to release any new cd??????

Peter Thomas

31 Dec 2000, 10:56:0331/12/2000
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:24:38 +0100, "Mahyar Ghassem"
<mart...@ofir.dk> wrote:

>Anyone knows if prodigy are going to release any new cd??????

www.prodigy-nexus.com

Go to the NEWS area, and click on FUTURE.

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com
| Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading! | ICQ# 6692412

http://www.prodigy-nexus.com

I'm currently dancing on the grave of Melody Maker.

Hans Knoblinees

1 Jan 2001, 12:01:0201/01/2001
Peter Thomas <see-m...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:24:38 +0100, "Mahyar Ghassem"
> <mart...@ofir.dk> wrote:
> >Anyone knows if prodigy are going to release any new cd??????

> http://www.procon.co.uk/

> Go to the NEWS area, and click on FUTURE.

Don't bother here all it is for you:

2001?
TBC Prodigy tour/festivals. The Prodigy will be back on the road in
2001, according to Maxim. Stay tuned to PN News for continuing news
of this.

TBC Prodigy EP single release. The track that Liam and Massive
Attack's 3D initially wrote for inclusion on The Beach movie
soundtrack, is now to become a single, entitled No Souvenir. It
will be out via XL Recordings. It does not appear in The Beach.
Stay tuned to PN News.

TBC Garbage remixed by Liam A selection of B-sides and new remixes
for the band Garbage was initially due for spring 2000. This
project was reported with having Liam Howlett's involvement on the
remix front. Singer Shirley Manson told fans on the official
Garbage website that the project has been postponed.

Mid-2001
TBC Prodigy album. The fourth album from the Prodigy is likely to
be released in this year. One track is provisionally titled No
Souvenir, and was written by Liam in collaboration with Massive
Attack's 3D.

TBC Leeroy album release. Release date confirmation and other
information to be announced soon by Copasetik. To be released under
Leeroy's new pseudonym of Flightcrank. Stay tuned to PN News for
more news of that.

Note that most of this is just the same rubbish that he wrote for
2000 a YEAR AGO! he just changed the date to 2001.

Genuinly, don't think this is in anything other than pure guesswork-
You could do the same. As for the album, it will be out at the
start of Q4 2001 not "mid-2001"

If you do have a look at his site, look at the rest of the News
section and see just how many articles he managed to write in, for
example, October:

http://members.madasafish.com/~smbu/pn/news/2000/october/index.html

Unfortunately, most months go by with just as little news. It's
easy to post your own website address all over the newsgroups, but
I'm going to give you an address I recommend as a *fan* http://www.
procon.co.uk/

I find that news service is always earliest and has better coverage
since the people running it actually go to every Prodigy gig all
over the world and write up reports with photo's. There's even
comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
of the member's sites is.

All material Copyright (C) 2001 Hans Knoblinees

Peter Thomas

1 Jan 2001, 15:46:0401/01/2001
On Mon, 01 Jan 2001 17:01:02 +0000, spam...@hotmale.com (Hans
Knoblinees) wrote:

>> >Anyone knows if prodigy are going to release any new cd??????

(Name-changing fuckwit has altered my reply to...)

>>http://www.procon.co.uk/

Good site actually. I do recommend that.

Out of all the manufacturers of switching, distribution and
interfacing products for audio-visual and computer graphic display
systems, I have to say that the www.procon.co.uk website is the best.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Mr Name-changing Fuckwit.

>> Go to the NEWS area, and click on FUTURE.
>Don't bother here all it is for you:

<snip>

What a loser tactic.

>Note that most of this is just the same rubbish that he wrote for
>2000 a YEAR AGO! he just changed the date to 2001.

...reasonable changes thanks to official reliable sources who have
informed me.

>Genuinly, don't think this is in anything other than pure guesswork-

Yeah, you don't THINK that, blah blah blah.

Never mind what you THINK. You can THINK whatever.

It's what people KNOW.

You spend way too much time blabbing out your worthless opinion, but
when it comes to objectively true information, you've got fuck all.

>You could do the same. As for the album, it will be out at the
>start of Q4 2001 not "mid-2001"

And your source for that is?

>If you do have a look at his site, look at the rest of the News
>section and see just how many articles he managed to write in, for
>example, October:
>http://members.madasafish.com/~smbu/pn/news/2000/october/index.html

Seeing as there wasn't a lot of news around in October 2000, what was
I supposed to do? Make things up?

>Unfortunately, most months go by with just as little news.

Wow, you don't say!

It's almost as if the Prodigy don't do much these days. I'd consult
Einstein if he were still alive to verify this.

>It's easy to post your own website address all over the newsgroups,

Yes, easy. Why haven't you managed it then? Too hard for you?

>but I'm going to give you an address I recommend as a *fan*
>http://www.procon.co.uk/

Yep, they're great.

You'll love that site about the BEST EVER manufacturers of switching,
distribution and interfacing products for audio-visual and computer
graphic display systems.

I don't see how that helps you lot with any Prodigy knowledge, but
then, it's a little less misleading than something else with the
ProCON name on it.

>I find that news service is always earliest and has better coverage
>since the people running it actually go to every Prodigy gig all
>over the world

Really?

ProCON started in 2000, and ALL their members have been to every
Prodigy gig all over the world?

Well yes. ...Seeing as Prodigy haven't done any gigs in 2000 anywhere.

So, yeah, I too have been to every Prodigy gig everywhere since
ProCON's existance. And so have you. And so has everyone else. In the
world.

Today I've been to every Prodigy gig that took place on January 1st
2001. Great, weren't they?

>and write up reports with photo's.

Like PN has.

>There's even comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how
>good one of the member's sites is.

"complete bollocks" - Mike Champion, the PRODIGY MANAGER HIMSELF
giving his verdict on a 'story' written by Neko.

David Lees

1 Jan 2001, 15:48:1901/01/2001
"Hans Knoblinees" <spam...@hotmale.com> wrote in message

> Peter Thomas <see-m...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:24:38 +0100, "Mahyar Ghassem"
> > <mart...@ofir.dk> wrote:
> > >Anyone knows if prodigy are going to release any new cd??????
>
> > http://www.procon.co.uk/
> > Go to the NEWS area, and click on FUTURE.
>
> Don't bother here all it is for you:
> <SNIP>

> Unfortunately, most months go by with just as little news. It's
> easy to post your own website address all over the newsgroups, but
> I'm going to give you an address I recommend as a *fan* http://www.
> procon.co.uk/

You are a fan of network stuff? Seriously, the correct URL should be
www.prodigynews.co.uk. Thats one thing that ProCON did wrong. They chosse
a name without checking that the name was available first.

> I find that news service is always earliest and has better coverage
> since the people running it actually go to every Prodigy gig all
> over the world and write up reports with photo's. There's even
> comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
> of the member's sites is.

When a Prodigy site is run by several people from various parts of the
world, and the other is run by some guy in his bedroom then you know which
one is going to be better (email me if you don't know).

dimf...@my-deja.com

2 Jan 2001, 07:28:2602/01/2001

>There's even
> comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
> of the member's sites is.

I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Peter Thomas

2 Jan 2001, 12:49:2502/01/2001
On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:28:26 GMT, dimf...@my-deja.com wrote:

>>There's even
>> comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
>> of the member's sites is.
>I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
>CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter

I have to disagree. He does have something to say about a ProCON
member's efforts...

Actual quote from Mike Champion regarding a certain 'news' story
written by Neko: "complete bollocks!".

neko

2 Jan 2001, 13:40:1102/01/2001

<dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:92shh7$o5k$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> >There's even
> > comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
> > of the member's sites is.
>
> I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
> CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter

seems Midi cared enough to send me a x-mas card few weeks ago

--
---------
http://www.nekosite.co.uk - Prodigy site and fanzine in one

ICQ17252377 - neko[at]btinternet[dot]com

chump

2 Jan 2001, 15:19:3602/01/2001
><dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:92shh7$o5k$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
>>
>> >There's even
>> > comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
>> > of the member's sites is.
>>
>> I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
>> CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter
>>

>seems Midi cared enough to send me a x-mas card few weeks ago

my nan got a xmas card from the prince of wales...but i don't think he
really gives a fuck what she puts on her royal news service web site.

neko

2 Jan 2001, 15:29:3502/01/2001

Peter Thomas <see-m...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:28:26 GMT, dimf...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >>There's even
> >> comments from the *Prodigy's manager himself* saying how good one
> >> of the member's sites is.
> >I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
> >CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter
>
> I have to disagree. He does have something to say about a ProCON
> member's efforts...
>
> Actual quote from Mike Champion regarding a certain 'news' story
> written by Neko: "complete bollocks!".

so? everyone make errors. I do. you do.

David Lees

2 Jan 2001, 17:05:5202/01/2001
"neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote in message

> Peter Thomas <see-m...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > >I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
> > >CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter
> >
> > I have to disagree. He does have something to say about a ProCON
> > member's efforts...
> >
> > Actual quote from Mike Champion regarding a certain 'news' story
> > written by Neko: "complete bollocks!".
> >

> so? everyone make errors. I do. you do.

I wonder if that was a reaction to a news story you wrote or just to Peter
Thomas' version of it?

David Lees

2 Jan 2001, 17:07:0102/01/2001
"chump" <ch...@chump.softnnet.co.uk> wrote in message

What if she put pictures of Princess Diana in a car crash? I bet he would
have your nans guts for his garters.

neko

2 Jan 2001, 17:07:2502/01/2001

David Lees <ne...@davidlees.f9.co.uk> wrote in message

i doubt anyone except Pete really cares about a news story that happened 1
year ago

neko

2 Jan 2001, 17:06:2502/01/2001

chump <ch...@chump.softnnet.co.uk> wrote in message

so ?

I don't write a Prodigy news service for prodigy's manager. As long as the
Prodigy fans appreciate it, it makes sense to do it.

David Lees

2 Jan 2001, 18:10:0602/01/2001

> i doubt anyone except Pete really cares about a news story that happened 1
> year ago

You mean in the last millennium?

Peter Thomas

2 Jan 2001, 18:21:0002/01/2001
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:29:35 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> >I would love to see an example of this, because I doubt very much MIKE
>> >CHAMPION gives a fuck about procon or any other website for that matter
>> I have to disagree. He does have something to say about a ProCON
>> member's efforts...
>> Actual quote from Mike Champion regarding a certain 'news' story
>> written by Neko: "complete bollocks!".
>so?

If Mike Champion said that about a news story I'd written, I'd be
ashamed. I'd probably jack it in.

>everyone make errors. I do. you do.

Yes that it is true. We all make errors. There's two different types
of people though...

1) People who make errors and then apologize and retract them when
they are pointed out.

2) People who make errors but don't bother apologizing/retracting them
even when they're pointed out.

I count myself as part of the first group.

Peter Thomas

2 Jan 2001, 18:23:1302/01/2001
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:07:25 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> > so? everyone make errors. I do. you do.
>> I wonder if that was a reaction to a news story you wrote or just to Peter
>> Thomas' version of it?

The former, Beaker.

>i doubt anyone except Pete really cares about a news story that happened 1
>year ago

Ah so that makes it okay then.

BTW, breaking news here.... The Prodigy have just split up...

(Hey I know that's totally wrong. But by 2nd January 2002, I doubt
anyone except Neko and Beaker will really care.)

Peter Thomas

2 Jan 2001, 18:32:4002/01/2001
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 22:06:25 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> >seems Midi cared enough to send me a x-mas card few weeks ago
>> my nan got a xmas card from the prince of wales...but i don't think he
>> really gives a fuck what she puts on her royal news service web site.

I once got a birthday card from the Conservative Party. And they don't
really give a fuck about me. (If they did, then they'd drop their
anti-drugs policies among other things)

I recently got a T-shirt from haveigotnewsforyou.com and yesterday
Dominic Mohan from the Sun offered me a cigarette... I'm just rambling
now. (It's all for Beaker's benefit. He can collect these trivial
quotes about me for his Annual PT quotes post in December).

>I don't write a Prodigy news service for prodigy's manager.

You should do, it would double your subscriber count.

...Allegedly.

>As long as the
>Prodigy fans appreciate it, it makes sense to do it.

Well, how many Prodigy fans appreciate unretracted mistakes?

dimf...@my-deja.com

3 Jan 2001, 04:28:2503/01/2001

> seems Midi cared enough to send me a x-mas card few weeks ago

oh well lucky you, its funny that because mike champion rang my house
about a week ago, nice chap, also, Ill have to thank him for the
package he sent me.

Peter Thomas

3 Jan 2001, 13:07:3603/01/2001
On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:28:25 GMT, dimf...@my-deja.com wrote:

>> seems Midi cared enough to send me a x-mas card few weeks ago
>oh well lucky you, its funny that because mike champion rang my house
>about a week ago, nice chap, also, Ill have to thank him for the
>package he sent me.

<AOL>
Me, too!
</AOL>

dimf...@my-deja.com

4 Jan 2001, 04:45:2204/01/2001

> <AOL>
> Me, too!
> </AOL>

Maybe next year, we might get a christmas card from midi aswell, if
were lucky, fnar fnar...

neko

4 Jan 2001, 07:38:2504/01/2001
you could stop taking the piss

the point i was tring to make was that unlike you guys put it the prodigy as
well as their management do care at least a bit about the fans, ie. I am
pretty sure not every management of bands would be as cool to the fans with
answering questions and that as Midi are. and you might be surprised but
also among the band members the whole 'fuck the internet' attitude seems to
have dissapeared for what I know.

dimf...@my-deja.com

4 Jan 2001, 08:51:1204/01/2001

> the point i was tring to make was that unlike you guys put it the
prodigy as
> well as their management do care at least a bit about the fans, ie. I
am
> pretty sure not every management of bands would be as cool to the
fans with
> answering questions and that as Midi are. and you might be surprised
but
> also among the band members the whole 'fuck the internet' attitude
seems to
> have dissapeared for what I know.

NEKO nobody said anything about the prodigy or mike champion not giving
a fuck about the fans, I did however say it about fans websites,
especially ones with rubbish reports, I know how cool midi are to
prodge fans, I know a few people that have received stuff from midi and
from liam personally, A guy called shane grafton got one of liams very
own back stage passes to a gig, sent to his house, signed by liam, midi
also sent him free tickets to the last fabric gig, oh and I wasn't
taking the piss, mike champion did actually ring my house, the guy is a
total legend, so maybe I might get a crimbo card from midi next year or
are you just special?

neko

4 Jan 2001, 09:18:4704/01/2001

<dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:931v4c$7j1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > the point i was tring to make was that unlike you guys put it the
> prodigy as
> > well as their management do care at least a bit about the fans, ie. I
> am
> > pretty sure not every management of bands would be as cool to the
> fans with
> > answering questions and that as Midi are. and you might be surprised
> but
> > also among the band members the whole 'fuck the internet' attitude
> seems to
> > have dissapeared for what I know.
>
> NEKO nobody said anything about the prodigy or mike champion not giving
> a fuck about the fans, I did however say it about fans websites,
> especially ones with rubbish reports

yeh, well, thats the nature of the Internet, isnt it, there's 'rubbish
reports' about almost every topic on the net.
the thing with prodigy is that due to them not having done anything for ages
it means there's a lot of really outdates sites around. But there's still a
fair lot of good sites around, too.
But, no, i don't agree that they don't give a fuck at all.

> I know how cool midi are to
> prodge fans, I know a few people that have received stuff from midi and
> from liam personally, A guy called shane grafton got one of liams very
> own back stage passes to a gig, sent to his house, signed by liam, midi
> also sent him free tickets to the last fabric gig

cool, nice collectors item! yeh, i actually know Shane briefly.

>oh and I wasn't
> taking the piss, mike champion did actually ring my house, the guy is a
> total legend, so maybe I might get a crimbo card from midi next year or
> are you just special?

heh, i didnt say that, i probabaly just happened to be on some list by
accident or whatever

sorry if it came across a bit wrong

dimf...@my-deja.com

4 Jan 2001, 10:19:1104/01/2001

> But, no, i don't agree that they don't give a fuck at all.

Well I could be wrong about that one.

> cool, nice collectors item! yeh, i actually know Shane briefly.

He told me he talked to you in fabric, if you ever see him again dont
talk to him about liam DJing skills, when shane was at fabric he left
while liam was on and went into see talvin sigh, he thinks liams the
pits at djing.

> sorry if it came across a bit wrong

Thats OK

Magic_Alex

4 Jan 2001, 11:09:3204/01/2001

neko wrote in message <931rbm$q1i$1...@bw107zhb.bluewin.ch>
>...and you might be surprised but

>also among the band members the whole 'fuck the internet' attitude seems to
>have dissapeared for what I know.

really? care to elaborate on this??

neko

4 Jan 2001, 11:45:3004/01/2001

Magic_Alex <getinthereyo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

i don't claim they're big fans, but from what Liam said to me at different
occasions in '99 and '00 or now Maxim at Resolution seemed to know quite a
lot about prodigy fansites, I doubt there's gonna be another
'fuck.the.internet' shirt or anything like that.

(btw, thats all just guesses based on some observations i made and stuff i
heard, so i might be wrong)

Magic_Alex

4 Jan 2001, 13:24:2504/01/2001

neko wrote in message <9329t9$v4$1...@bw107zhb.bluewin.ch>...

>i don't claim they're big fans, but from what Liam said to me at different
>occasions in '99 and '00 or now Maxim at Resolution seemed to know quite a
>lot about prodigy fansites, I doubt there's gonna be another
>'fuck.the.internet' shirt or anything like that.
>

>(btw, thats all just guesses based on some observations i made and stuff i
>heard, so i might be wrong)

lets hope so , eh? when you look at Orbital's website....www.loopz.co.uk you
can see what a huge asset a good official site can be.. their remix
competition for example - brill.

Alex.

dimf...@my-deja.com

5 Jan 2001, 09:24:4405/01/2001

> but from what Liam said to me at different
> occasions in '99 and '00 or now Maxim at Resolution seemed to know
quite a
> lot about prodigy fansites,

What did liam say?

neko

5 Jan 2001, 10:58:4205/01/2001

<dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:934lf4$gsi$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > but from what Liam said to me at different
> > occasions in '99 and '00 or now Maxim at Resolution seemed to know
> quite a
> > lot about prodigy fansites,
>
> What did liam say?

making references to something on my web site at at least 4 occassions i met
him (without me bringing it up), actually admitting having the Internet ("a
mate just installed it on my computer without my knowledge!" ;P) and when i
asked (over a year ago) if the 'fuck.the.internet' attitude is gone now he
replied something like "I'm getting a bit warmer with it now, ask me again
in a year and i might be completely into it"

when i met him in April '00 at the primals gig in brixton he also said
something about that article about Leeroy leaving on my site and he offered
me that i could always get in touch through XL if there's anything I'm
confused about. Few days later i got contacted by XL's press officer cause
Liam asked them to

so, thats why i said it seems they do care at least a bit

Kim Roar Foldøy Hauge

5 Jan 2001, 16:49:2805/01/2001
Quite logial really, since you're free PR and is targeted toward the
hardcore community of Prodigy fans. Both you guys and a gal, and the bigger
Prodigy Nexus service have a substantial amount of readers. Personally, i
tell big news to friends. The actual audience of the mailing lists is
probably bigger than you think. I reckon XL knows too.

dimf...@my-deja.com

5 Jan 2001, 19:09:0905/01/2001

>and he offered
> me that i could always get in touch through XL if there's anything I'm
> confused about. Few days later i got contacted by XL's press officer
cause Liam asked them to so,

Well you better hope liam didnt read the reviews of resolution or youll
be rightly fucked, never to get a crimbo card again from Midi.

Peter Thomas

5 Jan 2001, 19:48:4605/01/2001
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:09:09 GMT, dimf...@my-deja.com wrote:

>>and he offered
>> me that i could always get in touch through XL if there's anything I'm
>> confused about. Few days later i got contacted by XL's press officer
>>cause Liam asked them to so,
>Well you better hope liam didnt read the reviews of resolution or youll
>be rightly fucked, never to get a crimbo card again from Midi.

That is a bit of a problem I've noticed when dealing with some
companies. If you dare to say anything bad about them, they aren't
keen to operate with you!

neko

5 Jan 2001, 20:06:1505/01/2001

> Well you better hope liam didnt read the reviews of resolution or youll
> be rightly fucked

why? whats wrong with honesty?

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 05:10:5806/01/2001
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 01:06:15 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> Well you better hope liam didnt read the reviews of resolution or youll
>> be rightly fucked
>why? whats wrong with honesty?

IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
IRONY OVERLOAD!!!

System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...

neko

6 Jan 2001, 10:02:4706/01/2001

> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>
> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...

whoa, funny Pete

SP

6 Jan 2001, 12:25:1706/01/2001

> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>
> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...

Hehe don't you love vendettas. You got a vendetta for Neko because she's got
a better news service than you. You got a vendetta about me because I
actually have an up-and-running FAQ.

David Lees

6 Jan 2001, 13:13:4406/01/2001
"SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote in message

That should be vendetta 'against' someone, not 'for'. I do agree with what
you are saying though. Peter Thomas has a vendetta against me because I
have a faster loading Prodigy site then him. See it at
www.prodigynexus.co.uk

Doctor Bob

6 Jan 2001, 13:17:0406/01/2001
"neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote something and I read it and
of course, replied. :

>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>>
>> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...
>>

>whoa, funny Pete

Sarcasm overload?

--
Attention Scum! You are nothing. Absolutely nothing.
You will come: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theleagueagainsttedium

SP

6 Jan 2001, 15:10:2906/01/2001

> That should be vendetta 'against' someone, not 'for'. I do agree with
what
> you are saying though. Peter Thomas has a vendetta against me because I
> have a faster loading Prodigy site then him. See it at
> www.prodigynexus.co.uk

hahaha nuff said, I know! Sorry bout the bad grammar, but in any case, yeah,
Madafish really sucks these days. Even my geocities page is faster
(www.geocities.com/gx_9000)...

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 15:54:0406/01/2001
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:25:17 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...
>Hehe don't you love vendettas. You got a vendetta for Neko because she's got
>a better news service than you.

Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?

And we've seen what happened when mistakes are pointed out to Neko.
Does she apologise for them? Does she retract them? Nope!

PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
her efforts as "complete bollocks".

A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
happened.

Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
THE SAME ERROR?

Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
lying around last year?

The answer lies in her history.

She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
Unretracted, and unapologised for.

She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
unapologised for.

She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

These are only SOME of the factual inaccuracies that turns Neko's news
service into a joke.

There's also some hilarious 'Colemansballs'-style clangers in
ProCON...

"Those people should maybe try to attend one of his sets once "

And then there's contradiction. Take a look at the contrast in these
two observations in the same news item in a recent edition of ProCON:

"...as Liam started the set the whole place was buzzing,
jumping and cheering to his set. I think that speaks for itself and
proves he is a quality DJ."

"The guy next to me has suddenly the urge to make a salto on the stage
and the security people obviously aren't so happy about this action."

Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
warning sign.

Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
reality.

And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.

Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
through honest means? Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)

Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one
side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
like a junior school essay.

Let's not forget that Neko has given out a Hedrock Valley Beats gig
date as an excuse for "Prodigy News". And the link to an FTP site that
supports piracy of commerically available Prodigy music.

The chasm's growing ever wider. ProCON's inferior service is at a
comical level. I doubt I could take the piss out of Neko again a la
"NeedNoNews".

Her current offerings are beyond parody.

>You got a vendetta about me because I
>actually have an up-and-running FAQ.

I have an up-and-running FAQ too, you stupid dildo. And it's totally
original and accurate, unlike your ripped-off and truth-depleted
offering.

Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 15:55:4406/01/2001
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:02:47 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
>> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...
>whoa, funny Pete

Yes, the increasing amount of unretracted errors in ProCON is
hysterical.

SP

6 Jan 2001, 16:30:5106/01/2001

> Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
> inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?

What factual inaccuracies?

> And we've seen what happened when mistakes are pointed out to Neko.
> Does she apologise for them? Does she retract them? Nope!

Better than an opinionated news service (i.e. Oxide and Neutrino are
piss-poor, no arguments allowed.).

> PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
> to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
> even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
> her efforts as "complete bollocks".

Nope. PN only believes itself as superior because of its deluded editor, who
doesn't look past his own work, who doesn't believe that anything that comes
out of anyone else's mouth is either true or credible. The need to believe
that you're superior is only a sign of insecurity. You can't handle the
truth so you delude yourself instead.

> A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
> about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
> of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
> quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
> those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
> service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
> brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
> when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
> happened.

Before ProCON, you had no bad feelings toward Neko. Now that she actually
has a better Prodigy news service than you, it's the only reason you have a
grudge against her.

> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
> THE SAME ERROR?

I don't subscribe to your news service anymore, because I'm sick of hearing
how "this sucks and this rules" and all that crap. I am not concerned with
opinions, I want to hear the news.

> Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
> receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
> other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
> lying around last year?

I am not deeply offended because Neko made a mistake. Get over it - no one
feels as strongly about a small mistake as you do. You're the only person I
know who goes ballistic over the smallest thing. So she got a piece of news
wrong. Who cares? I don't want an apology - it's not the end of the world.

> The answer lies in her history.

Your history is just as bad - you have been obnoxious throughout your
history. Neko might have only been obnoxious when dealing with you.

> She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
> Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
> Unretracted, and unapologised for.

Big deal. I know about Sharky, I've read Roach's "Electronic Punks". I am
not concerned with pedantic syntax errors like this. Sharky was never a
member as far as Prodigy's studio recordings or post-1991 live shows are
concerned, therefore she was never a significant part of the band. She might
have been and still is a good friend of the members, but as far as *I* am
concerned, she has made NO impact whatsoever on the band. Leeroy's departure
was a shock - Sharky's wasn't.

> She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
> they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

Big deal.

> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
> unapologised for.

Big deal. Peter Thomas is not Prodigy-related.

> She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
> totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

Big deal. Spencer Coates is not Prodigy-related.

> The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
> error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
> War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
> contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

Big deal. I wasn't at the DJ set, and from the tone of the review, I
wouldn't have wanted to be. What I did on New Year's Eve was much more
excuting than hanging around waiting for Liam to pull Roland D-30s out of
his hat.

> These are only SOME of the factual inaccuracies that turns Neko's news
> service into a joke.

You're the joke.

> Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
> sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
> warning sign.

Warning sign for what? That you're a twat?

> Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
> reality.

God forbid it comes true!

> And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
> laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.

The TRUTH about you: You are a finger-pointing, malicious prick who prefers
to bash others' news services instead of trying to improve your own.

You also like to bash the Prodigy FAQ 2.0 because you didn't write it. It is
an accurate, resonable FAQ that Prodigy fans can consult in order to find
out various information. I don't see where the inaccurate info on it is...

> Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
> through honest means? Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
> legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I would prefer to heed Prodigy's philosophy, and instead of whining and
bitching, just live in the good vibes.

> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one
> side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
> from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
> like a junior school essay.

Yeah, lengthy, extensive writing about Oxide and Neutrino, who have nothing
to do with Prodigy, except that they ripped off one sample, is quite
unprofessional.

> I have an up-and-running FAQ too, you stupid dildo. And it's totally
> original and accurate, unlike your ripped-off and truth-depleted
> offering.

Calling me a stupid dildo is hte most professional and even-tempered thing I
have ever heard you say. Keep it up, I'm sure Prodigy fans worldwide will be
very happy to see that their editor calls people stupid dildos. You might as
well post this on the next PN, just to SHOW PN subscribers how truthful and
accurate you are.

> Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
> embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.

True, I would rather a respected news service promote it than you, the
contravertial, finger-pointing biggot. Face it:
ProCON = Prodigy News
PN = Pete's News

SP

6 Jan 2001, 16:32:0006/01/2001
"Peter Thomas" <see-m...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
> embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.

P.S. Yup your FAQ is heads and tails better than mine.........

if only your web server wasn't a complete piece of shit.

neko

6 Jan 2001, 16:31:5706/01/2001

> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:02:47 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> >> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> >> IRONY OVERLOAD!!!
> >> System cannot cope... shutdown imminent!...
> >whoa, funny Pete
>
> Yes, the increasing amount of unretracted errors in ProCON is
> hysterical.

*yawn* examples?

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 16:58:2206/01/2001
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 21:31:57 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>> >whoa, funny Pete
>> Yes, the increasing amount of unretracted errors in ProCON is
>> hysterical.
>*yawn* examples?

I've listed quite a few, but not all. I've also informed you of errors
in the past.

You can also pick up where you're going wrong by looking at the
difference between your news service and PN's.

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com
| Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading! | ICQ# 6692412

http://www.prodigy-nexus.com

"why? whats wrong with honesty?" - Neko, unaware of her own lies.

neko

6 Jan 2001, 17:15:4106/01/2001

i was thinking about if i should reply to this post cause it will obviously
cause another silly flame war
But I think here you've gone clearly a bit too far, Pete. Spreading lies
about me working illegally in the UK (which is NOT true at all) just is WAY
below the belt line!

> Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
> inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?

'miniscule audience'...
of course i don't know about the subscribers of PN, but in your sig it says

"Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading!"

ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers, so even if you have 2100 there is no
significant difference.

> And we've seen what happened when mistakes are pointed out to Neko.
> Does she apologise for them? Does she retract them? Nope!
>
> PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
> to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
> even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
> her efforts as "complete bollocks".

he labelled the content of a newsreport that was wrong (1 year ago) with
those words from what i understand it, and the comment had nothing to do
with me, from what i know Midi were never aware of the existence of
Nekonews, so how could he have labelled it 'Complete Bollocks'?

> A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
> about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
> of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
> quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
> those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
> service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
> brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
> when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
> happened.
>
> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
> THE SAME ERROR?

I wrote the story as I received it from Victor Caroll. The ProCON issue was
written already before PN came out and i am not subscribed anyway, but i
read it in the NG.

> Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
> receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
> other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
> lying around last year?

how can you know there's not gonna be a retraction? Have you received ProCoN
#25 already?

> The answer lies in her history.
>
> She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
> Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
> Unretracted, and unapologised for.

she left before Prodigy signed a deal
i know this is arguable, but you're the only person still whining about it

> She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
> they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

1990-2000 = 10 years

> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
> unapologised for.

no, i didnt actually tell that

> She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
> totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

how do you know about what Spencer and me have been talking to each other?
Dont you think there have been some sort of discussions about this matter
between him and me before he joined ProCON as a member?

> The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
> error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
> War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
> contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.

you know as well as me that it is almost impossible to recall each track
from a DJ set after the event without having a soundfile. I think we did
pretty well in the ProCON review with that, we knew a big part of the
tracks.
I would never blame anyone for making an error in recalling a DJ set, but
since you did it with me, what about:
"The last song of Liam's set was (Best Part Of) Breaking Up by the Chemical
Brothers." (Pn News 4th january)

Exactly same sort of error.

> These are only SOME of the factual inaccuracies that turns Neko's news
> service into a joke.
>
> There's also some hilarious 'Colemansballs'-style clangers in
> ProCON...
>
> "Those people should maybe try to attend one of his sets once "
>
> And then there's contradiction. Take a look at the contrast in these
> two observations in the same news item in a recent edition of ProCON:
>
> "...as Liam started the set the whole place was buzzing,
> jumping and cheering to his set. I think that speaks for itself and
> proves he is a quality DJ."
>
> "The guy next to me has suddenly the urge to make a salto on the stage
> and the security people obviously aren't so happy about this action."

whats the contrast?

> Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
> sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
> warning sign.
>
> Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
> reality.
>
> And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
> laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.

like, errm, you?

> Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
> through honest means?

yes, how would it work otherwise?

>Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
> legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

that is way below the beltline and a complete lie

although i dont need to give justification about this and it has absolutely
nothing to do with the Prodigy:
I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am at
the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have a
student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to work
up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.

sorry to everyone who came here to read about The Prodigy ...

> There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
> a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
> Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)

same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock just
to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?

lol

> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one
> side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
> from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
> like a junior school essay.

funny then that you copy stuff from that 'terrible service'

> Let's not forget that Neko has given out a Hedrock Valley Beats gig
> date as an excuse for "Prodigy News". And the link to an FTP site that
> supports piracy of commerically available Prodigy music.

many prodigy fans were grateful for the live recordings and videos on OPC's
FTP

> The chasm's growing ever wider. ProCON's inferior service is at a
> comical level. I doubt I could take the piss out of Neko again a la
> "NeedNoNews".

YOU are comical

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 18:16:3006/01/2001
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:30:51 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
>> inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?
>What factual inaccuracies?

The five that I gave out in my previous reply to you.

>> And we've seen what happened when mistakes are pointed out to Neko.
>> Does she apologise for them? Does she retract them? Nope!
>Better than an opinionated news service

Newsflash for morons: ProCON is also an opinionated news service.

"And the quality DJ plays some more quality tracks, like Medicine's
'I'm sick' and as yet another highlight 'The Mexican' by Babe Ruth." =
OPINION.

"A brilliant set by Liam Howlett, accompanied by sets from Richard
Fearless and James Lavelle, all at a brilliant club" = OPINION

"Nothing really special" = OPINION

"After having seen 10 of Liam's DJ sets this one definitely wasn't my
favourite one at all, if not the least favourite one. All in all Bug
Jam '99, Homelands Ireland '99 and Fabric 99 still remain the
highlights and none of the sets in 2000 came close to them at
all. It really is high time for The Prodigy to come back." = OPINION

See? Don't try and make out that ProCON don't have opinions. Neither
of us give out purely objective news services, and it would be boring
if we did.

>(i.e. Oxide and Neutrino are piss-poor, no arguments allowed.).

What do you mean, "no arguments allowed"?

A PN reader can make up his/her own mind. They don't have to settle
for my opinion only. Same goes for ProCON. I think we all know that!

You really have no clue how to argue successfully. Shall I show how
stupid, by arguing back in the same style as that point?

<A pro-PN comment in SP-style of arguing>
PN is better than ProCON. ProCON are an opinionated news service (i.e.
Liam's Resolution set is disappointing, no arguments allowed.)
</A pro-PN comment in SP-style of arguing>

>> PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
>> to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
>> even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
>> her efforts as "complete bollocks".
>Nope.

Where you there when Mike Champion said her news story was "complete
bollocks". I think I know the answer to that - "nope".

>PN only believes itself as superior because of its deluded editor, who
>doesn't look past his own work,

Evidently I do, hence that's why I have given some objective examples
of where Neko has failed to bring you the truth.

>who doesn't believe that anything that comes out of anyone else's mouth
>is either true or credible.

Where did you pull this from?

>The need to believe that you're superior is only a sign of insecurity.

There's a chap I know who had the misfortune of experiencing the
insecurity of a certain Prodigy news editor. When he first met her,
the first thing she said (you have to bear in mind she was saying this
to a total stranger) was.... aaaah, I think I'll save that for another
day. It's a really good anecdote, and serves well to show her
insecurity.

>You can't handle the truth

I've just reiterated that I apologise and retract any of my errors
that are pointed out to me, so I have the most accurate Prodigy news
service online.

I not only handle the truth, I give it out to over 2,100 Prodigy fans.

>so you delude yourself instead.

You can say "you're deluding yourself" as much as you like. Actually,
that's pretty much what your argument is consisting of. No facts, no
examples, no proof, and completely untrue allegations, handed out with
your obvious anti-PN opinion.

I know you hate me, I know you want to tell the world that, but you
have no convincing arguments.

>> A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
>> about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
>> of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
>> quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
>> those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
>> service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
>> brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
>> when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
>> happened.
>Before ProCON, you had no bad feelings toward Neko.

Excuse me, but you've failed to respond properly to the above
paragraph. If ignorance is bliss, you're pure hedonism.

It is true that before ProCON and Nekonews that I didn't have bad
feelings towards Neko.

>Now that she actually has a better Prodigy news service than you,

SINCE WHEN?

Come off it, she's never had a better Prodigy news service than EN/PN.
Never has. The growing amount of unretracted errors from Neko serves
to back up my claims.

You don't have a better Prodigy news service when your reports are
riddled with errors that go unretracted.

You don't have a better Prodigy news service when it's in the shadow
of a far more popular and successful service.

"complete bollocks" (thank you Mike Champion) does not make for a
better Prodigy news service.

>it's the only reason you have a grudge against her.

I do hold grudges against people who think they can better me by
imitating my ideas. I don't hate those people, I just pity them,
especially as they flop every time.

ProCON's news service is not as popular, not as honest, not as
successful as mine.

Sentinel's news service was never as popular, never as honest, never
as successful as mine.

Your FAQ is never as accurate as mine.

>> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
>> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
>> THE SAME ERROR?
>I don't subscribe to your news service anymore,

ROTFLMAO!!!

So, all this time you've been slating PN, yet you don't even read it!

I've always had the suspicion that you're an ignorant jerk, and this
confirms it!

When I slate Neko's efforts, it's undeniable that I've actually read
her work. I'm an honest person, so I would not want to slag off
something I didn't know about.

>because I'm sick of hearing how "this sucks and this rules" and all that crap.

So instead of reading how things "suck" and things "rule" in Prodigy
Nexus, you go over to ProCON... where you can also hear how things
"suck" (Resolution) and things "rule" (Bristol Rock Club).

Hmmm!

>I am not concerned with opinions, I want to hear the news.

Then unsubscribe from ProCON, as they have opinions included as well!
Go on, stand by your convictions!

>> Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
>> receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
>> other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
>> lying around last year?
>I am not deeply offended because Neko made a mistake.

Fine, if you don't care about accuracy, but there are those of us who
like the truth.

>Get over it - no one feels as strongly about a small mistake as you do.

The small mistake about the Bed Club which caused people to buy
needlessly buy rail tickets for an event that didn't happen?

>You're the only person I know who goes ballistic over the smallest thing.

Take a look at what you've been writing about me, and try and deliver
that line again without any irony.

>So she got a piece of news wrong.

Not for the first time. Or the second time. Or the third... ahem.

>Who cares?

People who want Prodigy news to be correct.

If you don't care about that, then fine, enjoy the 'service' from
ProCON. You may also want to look at NeedNoNews again, and take it
literally.

>I don't want an apology

You don't. Other people do.

>- it's not the end of the world.

Who said it was?

>> The answer lies in her history.
>Your history is just as bad

Okay, so you'll be able to give us five objective examples where I've
run unretracted errors in any of my Prodigy news services.

Tell you what, as that is a VERY HARD challenge, I'll make it easier
for you. Make it just four. No, make it three... Hell no, just come up
with the closest you can get!

>- you have been obnoxious throughout your history.

...said the totally unobnoxious and completely charming Sasha Petef in
his pleasant and joyous reply.

>Neko might have only been obnoxious when dealing with you.

Our survey said "uhhhh_ehhhh"!

>> She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
>> Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
>> Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>Big deal. I know about Sharky,

You do, but not everyone does. If you're running a Prodigy news
service, then you can't expect everyone to have the same knowledge as
you.

You are not everyone.

>I've read Roach's "Electronic Punks".

Has every subscriber to ProCON read it?

>I am not concerned with pedantic syntax errors like this.

Oh right... So she could have said "Leeroy is the third depature from
the Prodigy", eh? Such a "pedantic syntax error", eh?

Well, no, it shows how little Neko knows of the band.

>Sharky was never a member as far as Prodigy's studio recordings or post-1991 live shows are
>concerned, therefore she was never a significant part of the band. She might
>have been and still is a good friend of the members,

This does not alter the FACT that Leeroy is actually the SECOND
depature from Prodigy.

You can moan about how Sharky wasn't significant. Don't forget that
people also say the same about Leeroy!

>but as far as *I* am concerned,

What!? YOU? You!? You?!

WHO are you?

Sasha Petef, a guy who worked in a videotape rental store (and then
went on to declare himself a "movie expert" because of it, I'm not
making this up) . Yes, the Sasha who lives at least 3,000 miles away
from where the Prodigy formed.

You aren't anybody when it comes to Prodigy's history, mate.

>she has made NO impact whatsoever on the band.

You bring up "studio recordings" of the Prodigy to back up your "NO
impact" opinion.

Please tell me what impact Leeroy had on Prodigy's "studio
recordings".

>Leeroy's departure was a shock - Sharky's wasn't.

Why, where you there when Sharky left? I don't think so somehow, Movie
Boy.

>> She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
>> they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>Big deal.

Big deal when it comes to the matter of being the most truthful
Prodigy news service on the net. Something that Neko isn't good at.
She's the Jonathan Aitken of the Prodigy fan community.

>> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
>> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
>> unapologised for.
>Big deal.

It shows you how honest she is(n't). What's even funnier about her
stupid claim, is the fact that she doesn't work at XL.

(I guess XL are one of those companies require all would-be employees
from non-EU countries to have a permit to work.)

>Peter Thomas is not Prodigy-related.

Yes, please re-iterate that to the morons who write obsessive posts
about me in this Prodigy newsgroup. But that would mean upsetting your
little chums.

>> She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
>> totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>Big deal.

Again, it is a big deal when you look at the (lack of) honesty from
Neko.

>Spencer Coates is not Prodigy-related.

And neither are you. Remember that when you're giving your pretentious
"as far as *I* am concerned" thoughts about Sharky.

>> The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
>> error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
>> War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
>> contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>Big deal.

The first time, it was stupid. When Liam did the same thing again, and
ProCON fucked up in the same way yet again, I seriously had to rub my
eyes. I banged on my computer monitor.

"No way, they've made the same mistake again!" I thought.

>I wasn't at the DJ set,

Oh so that makes it okay then!

Right, from now on, when I'm at a Liam DJ set, I'll keep an eye out
for you. If you're not around, I'll come up with the most untruthful
load of bollocks ever as my review.

(Of course, I won't really. PN subscribers want the truth, not
ProCON.)

>and from the tone of the review, I wouldn't have wanted to be.

Are you telling me, that ProCON gave you a review that was in the
"this sucks" vein?

I heard recently that you unsubscribed from a different Prodigy news
service because you "didn't want to hear" stuff like "this sucks".

Logically, this would mean you'll be unsubscribing from BroKEN as
well.

>What I did on New Year's Eve was much more
>excuting than hanging around waiting for Liam to pull Roland D-30s out of
>his hat.

What you did on New Year's Eve isn't Prodigy-related.

>> These are only SOME of the factual inaccuracies that turns Neko's news
>> service into a joke.
>You're the joke.

Sorry, what did you say, Movie Expert?

>> Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
>> sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
>> warning sign.
>Warning sign for what?

If you're too stupid to see it, don't bother asking.

>That you're a twat?

Didn't you just say that you wanted news and not opinion?

For someone who proclaims to be a fan of objectiveness, you sure give
out your opinion way too much.

>> Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
>> reality.
>God forbid it comes true!

It's heading that way.

Neko can do something about it, by saying sorry, and correcting her
past errors.

(This is not the first time I've had to suggest this. The stubbornness
of Neko to react to this only goes to show that she values her own ego
more importantly than the unfortunate subscribers of ProCON)

>> And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
>> laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.
>The TRUTH about you: You are a finger-pointing, malicious prick who prefers
>to bash others' news services instead of trying to improve your own.

Replace "The TRUTH" with "Sasha Petef's opinion".

Prodigy Nexus is the best news service, in terms of popularity and
accuracy. That is FACT.

I can't see the need for improvements right now, except for obvious
web problems.

>You also like to bash the Prodigy FAQ 2.0 because you didn't write it.

Actually, I wrote the bulk of it. You have even admitted that. You
just rewrote some of it, and that's where the errors came in.

>It is an accurate, resonable FAQ

Replace "accurate" with "error-riddled"

Oh and, what's "resonable" about deleting a lot of useful information
from the original FAQ?

>that Prodigy fans can consult in order to find
>out various information.

Such as DSV1 supposedly being a Prodigy release! LOL!

>I don't see where the inaccurate info on it is...

Because you're an egotistical fuckwitted ignorant pseud.

>> Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
>> through honest means? Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
>> legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
>I would prefer to heed Prodigy's philosophy, and instead of whining and
>bitching, just live in the good vibes.

Would this be the same Prodigy who slated Chumbawamba, Gina G,
Undercover, Enrage, Mick Hucknall, Shaft, Steps, Jason Nevins, Pete
Tong, Offspring, The Fugees, Marilyn Manson, LL Cool J, CJ Bolland,
Beastie Boys?

Good heavens, Sasha, your ignorance is astounding.

You failed to respond properly to my request, so hear it is again, for
the benefit of those who like to see Neko squirm... ahem....

Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
through honest means? Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

>> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one

>> side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
>> from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
>> like a junior school essay.
>Yeah, lengthy, extensive writing about Oxide and Neutrino, who have nothing
>to do with Prodigy, except that they ripped off one sample, is quite
>unprofessional.

Claiming that Oxide and Neutrino's only Prodigy connection is
supposedly ripping off one sample is ignorant, inaccurate and stupid.

No wonder it came from you.

>> I have an up-and-running FAQ too, you stupid dildo. And it's totally
>> original and accurate, unlike your ripped-off and truth-depleted
>> offering.
>Calling me a stupid dildo is hte most professional and even-tempered thing I
>have ever heard you say.

Yes, but do I make you suck?

>Keep it up, I'm sure Prodigy fans worldwide will be
>very happy to see that their editor calls people stupid dildos.

Not people mate, YOU. Just you.... Sasha Petef, an inaccurate,
egotistical, fuckwitted, pretentious, ignorant cretin, who is lucky to
be compared to a dildo, because at least dildos have a purpose in
life.

>You might as
>well post this on the next PN, just to SHOW PN subscribers how truthful and
>accurate you are.

Sasha Petef isn't Prodigy-related.

>> Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
>> embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.
>True, I would rather a respected news service promote it

But PN isn't going to promote it.

>than you, the contravertial,

Rather be controversial than a sycophantic minnow.

>finger-pointing biggot.

...said movie expert Sasha Petef, who is in no way bigotted and never
points his finger at anyone.

>Face it:
>ProCON = Prodigy News
>PN = Pete's News

As I disproved before, PN can't be "Pete's news". And I've just
objectively proven that ProCON has written a series of embarrassingly
inaccuracies that have yet to have any apology/retraction written up
for them. To call it "Prodigy news" is like calling McDonalds a food
outlet.

Can someone keep hold of Sasha's feet? We don't want him falling into
Neko's arse.

If PN really was "Pete's News", it'd start off like:

PN NEWS JAN 06 : PS2 delay, Nikki wants me, NTL fucks up again.

NEWS:
I'm game for Playstation 2 - if it arrives : Depressing 5 day delay!
Blonde bombshell : Flirting Nikki wants to get hold of me.
Never Trust Liars: NTL still don't sort out their phoneline hell.
Would you credit it?: Credit card debt miracously slashed by a third.
New shoes: My tatty DC trainers get replaced thanks to Dave.

ETC...:
New York video finally edited.
Reading 2000 video CD-rom about to be produced.
Photo of Pete with Dominic Mohan now uploaded.

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com
| Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading! | ICQ# 6692412

http://www.prodigy-nexus.com

"why? whats wrong with honesty?" - Neko, unaware of her own lies.

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 18:20:4806/01/2001
On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:32:00 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
>> embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.
>P.S. Yup your FAQ is heads and tails better than mine.........

It would be, I came up with the original, you come up with the
piss-poor rip-off. Not the first time I've seen this happen with my
ideas...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of being an unoriginal thieving
bastard" - Victor Lewis-Smith.

>if only your web server wasn't a complete piece of shit.

I know the web server is crap, not my fault, and I am going to move
servers.

When you get the pages of my FAQ, there's no daft advert obliterating
the top right corner. Oh, and there's no errors. Oh, and it's
original...

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com
| Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading! | ICQ# 6692412

http://www.prodigy-nexus.com

"why? whats wrong with honesty?" - Neko, unaware of her own lies.

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 18:50:2106/01/2001
On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:15:41 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
wrote:

>i was thinking about if i should reply to this post cause it will obviously
>cause another silly flame war
>But I think here you've gone clearly a bit too far, Pete. Spreading lies
>about me working illegally in the UK (which is NOT true at all) just is WAY
>below the belt line!

Please tell me where I have stated that you are currently working
illegally in the UK.

>> Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
>> inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?
>'miniscule audience'...
>of course i don't know about the subscribers of PN, but in your sig it says
>"Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading!"

2,100.

>ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers,

Bullshit! I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone
who knows.

>so even if you have 2100 there is no significant difference.

A mere 1,000 it is then. :)

>> PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
>> to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
>> even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
>> her efforts as "complete bollocks".
>he labelled the content of a newsreport that was wrong

It was wrong because you typically didn't do the right research.

>(1 year ago) with those words from what i understand it, and the comment had
>nothing to do with me, from what i know

From what you know? That doesn't count for much, especially when we
look at your other errors!

>Midi were never aware of the existence of
>Nekonews, so how could he have labelled it 'Complete Bollocks'?

Now, could it be because someone read out that news report to him on
the phone? hmm.... :)

>> A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
>> about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
>> of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
>> quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
>> those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
>> service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
>> brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
>> when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
>> happened.
>> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
>> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
>> THE SAME ERROR?
>I wrote the story as I received it from Victor Caroll.

<strokes chin>

>The ProCON issue was written already before PN came out

When?

>and i am not subscribed anyway, but i read it in the NG.

...so you claim.

>> Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
>> receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
>> other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
>> lying around last year?
>how can you know there's not gonna be a retraction?

I didn't say there wouldn't be. But, judging on your past, I don't see
it likely. I have NEVER seen you retract any of the numerous mistakes
in your piss-poor news service.

>Have you received ProCoN #25 already?

I am genuinely not subscribed. Can't wait to see the retraction of
course. "There's a first time for everything"

>> The answer lies in her history.
>> She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
>> Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
>> Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>she left before Prodigy signed a deal

Yes, so?

This does not alter the, um, UNALTERABLE FACT, that Sharky was
actually the first departure from Prodigy.

Record deal, schmecord deal! It doesn't mean anything! Why do you drag
it up? Do you think bands only start existing when they get signed?
(Which would be an insult to the tens of hard-working unsigned bands
I've seen)

>i know this is arguable,

No, it is not arguable. Sharky is the first departure from Prodigy,
Leeroy is the second departure. Undeniable fact.

>but you're the only person still whining about it

Well, no actually!

>> She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
>> they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>1990-2000 = 10 years

LOL!

1974-2001 = 27 years.

I'm not 27 years old yet.

The fact is, the official press release stated over nine years for
Leeroy's role in the band. I thought you might have got a clue from
this, but oh no!

>> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
>> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
>> unapologised for.
>no, i didnt actually tell that

I'll be hunting through deja.com

>> She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
>> totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>how do you know about what Spencer and me have been talking to each other?

Your question does not in anyway alter the above fact I stated.

>Dont you think there have been some sort of discussions about this matter
>between him and me before he joined ProCON as a member?

Again, this question does not in anyway alter that above fact I
stated.

Out of curiousity, what emerged from those discussions you had with
Spencer, particularly after you once declared that you'd would even
accept a No Souvenirs mp3 from him?

>> The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
>> error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
>> War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
>> contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
>you know as well as me that it is almost impossible to recall each track
>from a DJ set after the event without having a soundfile.

I know. I've made a blunder myself in the latest PN, which of course,
will be retracted and apologised for. That's what PN subscribers
expect.

However, if you paid proper attention to both PN reviews of those
events...

>I think we did pretty well in the ProCON review with that, we knew a big part of the
>tracks.
>I would never blame anyone for making an error in recalling a DJ set, but
>since you did it with me, what about:
>"The last song of Liam's set was (Best Part Of) Breaking Up by the Chemical
>Brothers." (Pn News 4th january)
>Exactly same sort of error.

Yes, but naturally, I'll be retracting that error and apologising for
it. I want PN to remain as the best and most accurate news service
about the Prodigy, so a correction is imminent.

>> "...as Liam started the set the whole place was buzzing,
>> jumping and cheering to his set. I think that speaks for itself and
>> proves he is a quality DJ."
>> "The guy next to me has suddenly the urge to make a salto on the stage
>> and the security people obviously aren't so happy about this action."
>whats the contrast?

Buzzin, jumping, cheering... and then... well...

>> Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
>> sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
>> warning sign.
>> Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
>> reality.
>> And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
>> laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.
>like, errm, you?

Just one of a few, yes.

>> Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
>> through honest means?
>yes, how would it work otherwise?

I'm disappointed in you Neko. That's definitely in contrast to what
you personally said to me in 1999 in Edinburgh.

Not the first time you've just outright denied your real-life actions.

>>Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
>> legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
>that is way below the beltline and a complete lie

That is a question and hence, not a complete lie. Or even a slight
lie. Or a lie at all.

To say it is a "complete lie", would be, er, lying!

>although i dont need to give justification about this and it has absolutely
>nothing to do with the Prodigy:
>I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am at
>the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have a
>student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
>allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to work
>up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.

Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.

>sorry to everyone who came here to read about The Prodigy ...

Why not say say sorry to everyone who wanted truthful Prodigy stories?

>> There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
>> a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
>> Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)
>same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock just
>to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?

Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?

>lol

Who's the ProCON member who completely made up a story in front of...
ahem... despite the fact that his girlfriend had witnessed... ahem...

Sorry, that's too juicy to use here.

>> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one
>> side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
>> from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
>> like a junior school essay.
>funny then that you copy stuff from that 'terrible service'

Please tell me, how do I copy stuff for the edition of PN News, from
the edition of ProCON which emerged AFTER PN News?

You could allege that I'm borrowing a Tardis from NCF and Beaker. Go
on, I may as well as some humour in your allegations as well as the
bullshit.

>> Let's not forget that Neko has given out a Hedrock Valley Beats gig
>> date as an excuse for "Prodigy News". And the link to an FTP site that
>> supports piracy of commerically available Prodigy music.
>many prodigy fans were grateful for the live recordings and videos on OPC's
>FTP

I bet they were very grateful to obtain a commercially available track
which should not have been there.

>> The chasm's growing ever wider. ProCON's inferior service is at a
>> comical level. I doubt I could take the piss out of Neko again a la
>> "NeedNoNews".
>YOU are comical

I must humbly deny such an honour. Your self-defeating untrue
allegations win you the comical hat for this week, Neko.

--
| The largest Prodigy news service | pete @
| PN NEWS - Quality assured! | prodigy-nexus . com

Peter Thomas

6 Jan 2001, 19:07:2606/01/2001

Some neccessary points I need to add to my reply...

>>> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
>>> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
>>> unapologised for.
>>no, i didnt actually tell that
>I'll be hunting through deja.com

Found it...

Neko talking falsely about PN News... : "the mailing list that sends
out a newsletter about a 33 seconds mp3 which is sooooo OBVIOUSLY
fake (and you even call up XL to confirm it!!!!!!!!)"

The fact is, I stated the MP3 was fake anyway, and I most certainly
never bothered phoning XL about it.

Let's just be stupid for argument's sake (go into Neko mode,
everyone), and presume I did phone XL... How the fuck would you know
anyway, you don't even work at XL!

See, I wouldn't bother hassling Alma Road about such a daft hoax. Not
like the person who rang up XL in an attempt to see if the "Prodigy to
support Madonna" report was real.

>>> There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
>>> a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
>>> Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)
>>same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock just
>>to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?
>Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?

Oh, just been talking with Spencer about this untrue allegation. He
didn't seem aware of it at all.

prod...@my-deja.com

7 Jan 2001, 06:39:1407/01/2001
In article <3a57a757...@news.ntlworld.com>,

see-m...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:32:00 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:
>
> >> Your FAQ may as well be endorsed by ProCON, as it's got so many
> >> embarrassing errors and will never be as good as mine.
> >P.S. Yup your FAQ is heads and tails better than mine.........
>
> It would be, I came up with the original, you come up with the
> piss-poor rip-off. Not the first time I've seen this happen with my
> ideas...
>
> "Imitation is the sincerest form of being an unoriginal thieving
> bastard" - Victor Lewis-Smith.

You are a fine one to talk about Imitation, someone pointed me out to
you at Alex Palace last week, Having had no idea what you looked like I
was expecting this double hard agressive looking guy, and what do I
see, A guy wearing a Star wars T-shirt and black Pvc bottoms, I asked,
that can't be the same gut surely from the prodigy newsgroup. he
said "yep that the guy" You looked like a right pussy. How appearances
can be decieveing.

I wonder if you are aggressive to people in real life as you on here. I
think not else you'd get a good slap. The net is a way to get the inner
anger out without. Go on PT get the anger out your system!

Peter Thomas

7 Jan 2001, 07:31:3607/01/2001
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 11:39:14 GMT, prod...@my-deja.com wrote:

>> "Imitation is the sincerest form of being an unoriginal thieving
>> bastard" - Victor Lewis-Smith.
>You are a fine one to talk about Imitation, someone pointed me out to
>you at Alex Palace last week, Having had no idea what you looked like I
>was expecting this double hard agressive looking guy, and what do I
>see, A guy wearing a Star wars T-shirt and black Pvc bottoms, I asked,
>that can't be the same gut surely from the prodigy newsgroup. he
>said "yep that the guy" You looked like a right pussy. How appearances
>can be decieveing.
>I wonder if you are aggressive to people in real life as you on here. I
>think not else you'd get a good slap. The net is a way to get the inner
>anger out without. Go on PT get the anger out your system!

I make a point about IMITATION (look it up in the dictionary).

You come back with "You are a fine one to talk about imitation", so of
course, I expect some rant about how I've supposedly imitated
somebody.

Instead you've come up with a rant about my personal appearance, with
a lot of your opinions, which are hypocritical and self-defeating. So
what has any of it got to do with the original point of imitation?

If you were curious to see what I looked like, well, there's enough
photos of me on the net!

In answer to your cowardly remarks, if I really did look like "a right
pussy", why didn't you go up to me and say something? And why are you
posting anymously? Are you going to show us a picture of yourself so
we can see exactly how agressive you look, or aren't you going to
bother? You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Looks like you're obviously a bigger pussy than you make me out to be!

And yes, I do give out put-downs to people in real life as well as on
the net. Never had a "good slap" for doing so. Perhaps you should give
me the slapping, eh?

Kotta

7 Jan 2001, 08:27:5607/01/2001
David Lees wrote:
> You are a fan of network stuff? Seriously, the correct URL should be
> www.prodigynews.co.uk. Thats one thing that ProCON did wrong. They
chosse
> a name without checking that the name was available first.

Actually we did check the name but figured that http://procon.abso.net works
just as well.

--
kotta[at]home.se
http://kotta.abso.net -> Prodigy Site

David Lees

7 Jan 2001, 10:30:3307/01/2001

> On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 11:39:14 GMT, prod...@my-deja.com wrote:
> If you were curious to see what I looked like, well, there's enough
> photos of me on the net!

You mentioned that there was a photo available of you and that fellow from
The Sun. Where could I download this, please?

David Lees

7 Jan 2001, 10:31:4107/01/2001
"Kotta" <ko...@ATEMYHAMSTERhome.se> wrote in message

> David Lees wrote:
> > You are a fan of network stuff? Seriously, the correct URL should be
> > www.prodigynews.co.uk. Thats one thing that ProCON did wrong. They
> chosse
> > a name without checking that the name was available first.
>
> Actually we did check the name but figured that http://procon.abso.net
works
> just as well.

Well, you would be wrong then. What would be better then www.procon.co.uk?
Answer: www.procon.com. You got neither. Its a shame.

SP

7 Jan 2001, 13:53:2407/01/2001

> I know you hate me, I know you want to tell the world that, but you
> have no convincing arguments.

Wrong, I have never met you - I can't hate you. I base my knowledge on your
online presence - and you on mine. You might be completely different in real
life, and I have no doubts about that, but as it stands, we only know each
other online. But in any case, I

> Excuse me, but you've failed to respond properly to the above
> paragraph. If ignorance is bliss, you're pure hedonism.

No it's just that I don't have very much time to reply to these. Sorry if I
couldn't.

> >> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
> >> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
> >> THE SAME ERROR?
> >I don't subscribe to your news service anymore,
>
> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> So, all this time you've been slating PN, yet you don't even read it!

Sorry, slip of the tongue - I stopped reading it after the Oxide and
Neutrino edition.

> I've always had the suspicion that you're an ignorant jerk, and this
> confirms it!

What, that I stopped reading your news service? That makes me a jerk...?
OK....

> When I slate Neko's efforts, it's undeniable that I've actually read
> her work. I'm an honest person, so I would not want to slag off
> something I didn't know about.

I KNOW about PN - why the fuck would I be writing about comparisons if I
hadn't read both works? Your logic is flawed.

> So instead of reading how things "suck" and things "rule" in Prodigy
> Nexus, you go over to ProCON... where you can also hear how things
> "suck" (Resolution) and things "rule" (Bristol Rock Club).

You know, I don't live in the Europe, but I aspire to one day when I have
the money to establish a life there. In any case, I have no clue what sucks
and what rules there. I go there every summer, and try to see as much as
possible, but somehow I never have the time to frequent all these trendy
clubs and what not, I am too tired at the end of each day. But when I
finally move, I won't have to read either news service, but instead make my
own decisions about what sucks and what doesn't.

- SP

P.S. You're not fighting a holy war.

Peter Thomas

7 Jan 2001, 14:59:5507/01/2001
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 18:53:24 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> I know you hate me, I know you want to tell the world that, but you
>> have no convincing arguments.
>Wrong, I have never met you - I can't hate you. I base my knowledge on your
>online presence - and you on mine.

Fair play, if you're being true.

>You might be completely different in real
>life, and I have no doubts about that, but as it stands, we only know each
>other online. But in any case, I

Yes.

>> >I don't subscribe to your news service anymore,
>> ROTFLMAO!!!
>> So, all this time you've been slating PN, yet you don't even read it!
>Sorry, slip of the tongue - I stopped reading it after the Oxide and
>Neutrino edition.

Was your recent "I'll re-subscribe" message also a slip of the tongue?

>> I've always had the suspicion that you're an ignorant jerk, and this
>> confirms it!
>What, that I stopped reading your news service? That makes me a jerk...?
>OK....

No, it's the way you're slating a news service you don't even read any
more. That makes you an ignorant jerk.

>> When I slate Neko's efforts, it's undeniable that I've actually read
>> her work. I'm an honest person, so I would not want to slag off
>> something I didn't know about.
>I KNOW about PN

Liar. You don't even read it any more.

>- why the fuck would I be writing about comparisons if I
>hadn't read both works? Your logic is flawed.

Er, you just said you've stopped reading PN News. Your logic is
flawed.

>> So instead of reading how things "suck" and things "rule" in Prodigy
>> Nexus, you go over to ProCON... where you can also hear how things
>> "suck" (Resolution) and things "rule" (Bristol Rock Club).
>You know, I don't live in the Europe, but I aspire to one day when I have
>the money to establish a life there.

Please get a life in Canada first.

>In any case, I have no clue what sucks and what rules there.

This is why both news services carry opinions.

>I go there every summer, and try to see as much as
>possible, but somehow I never have the time to frequent all these trendy
>clubs and what not, I am too tired at the end of each day. But when I
>finally move, I won't have to read either news service, but instead make my
>own decisions about what sucks and what doesn't.

You can make those decisions any time.

>P.S. You're not fighting a holy war.

Oh wasn't I? Damn...

da...@my-deja.com

7 Jan 2001, 15:31:3007/01/2001
In article <3a57b1cb...@news.ntlworld.com>,

see-m...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Some neccessary points I need to add to my reply...

> >>no, i didnt actually tell that
> >I'll be hunting through deja.com
>
> Found it...

Pete, whats the point?

Its all in the past, you've been over it 100's of time and franky its
boring. You've made your point, lay to the rest now.

as the crappy christmas song goes

"look to the future now, its only just began"

DaLaw

Peter Thomas

7 Jan 2001, 16:02:5507/01/2001
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:31:30 GMT, da...@my-deja.com wrote:

>> >I'll be hunting through deja.com
>> Found it...
>Pete, whats the point?

Accuracy is the point.

>Its all in the past, you've been over it 100's of time and franky its
>boring.

Okay, you find accuracy to be boring. Fine. I can't force you to have
an interest in accuracy. But remember that many people out there like
accuracy, which is why PN remains popular over the mistake-riddled
ProCON.

As for going over it "100's of times", well, the stubbornness of the
liar this is centered around is what causes these things.

>You've made your point, lay to the rest now.

Yeah, I've made several old points, plus some new ones. Like
questioning the legality of Neko's of job here in the UK. After all,
someone did reliably inform me of some interesting gossip about that.

I brought up the points because it was so funny that Neko played the
"honesty" card. She's probably the most dishonest person on this
newsgroup, if you put Beaker aside.

>as the crappy christmas song goes
>"look to the future now, its only just began"

But Christmas ended yesterday! :)

da...@my-deja.com

7 Jan 2001, 16:50:2507/01/2001
In article <3a58d7dc...@news.ntlworld.com>,

see-m...@hotmail.com wrote:

> >> Found it...
> >Pete, whats the point?
>
> Accuracy is the point.

I agree its very important, to have accurate news. Its bang on. If
Procon make an error, you have the right to be critical about it like
anyone else. but come on , errors made a year ago, just forget them, its
old news.

> >Its all in the past, you've been over it 100's of time and franky its
> >boring.
>
> Okay, you find accuracy to be boring. Fine. I can't force you to have
> an interest in accuracy.

there is nothing wrong with keeping PN accuracte, it beneifts the people
who are subscribbed, but why slate another news service that has made
errors in the past?

> But remember that many people out there like
> accuracy, which is why PN remains popular over the mistake-riddled
> ProCON.

Many as you Pete?, i reckon your bordering on business competition. Just
let the quality news talk for itself

> As for going over it "100's of times", well, the stubbornness of the
> liar this is centered around is what causes these things.

But why do people have to hear it so many times though?, not everyone is
really intrested in your opinion about the same matter over and over
again,

> >You've made your point, lay to the rest now.
>
> Yeah, I've made several old points, plus some new ones. Like
> questioning the legality of Neko's of job here in the UK. After all,
> someone did reliably inform me of some interesting gossip about that.

what is this alt.neko.job ?

Who gives a fuck what neko does for a living...everyone needs to do it

> I brought up the points because it was so funny that Neko played the
> "honesty" card. She's probably the most dishonest person on this
> newsgroup, if you put Beaker aside.

why can't you move on after making your point though? why the need to
ram it down us die hard prodigy fans day , day out for a year.

neko told a porkie Wow! everyone tells the odd porkie but cause its neko
you have to tell us 1000 times!

I don't care if she's lied or made a mistake about anything, it don't
intrest me, I'm just after the latest prodigy news liek everyone else.

> >as the crappy christmas song goes
> >"look to the future now, its only just began"
>
> But Christmas ended yesterday! :)

Aaaaah but will you be still going about neko's old mistakes til next
christmas

who knows.....

who cares.....

BTW explain why DL = Beaker

SP

7 Jan 2001, 17:19:1807/01/2001

> >You might be completely different in real
> >life, and I have no doubts about that, but as it stands, we only know
each
> >other online. But in any case, I
>
> Yes.

In any case I don't believe that you have to be such a prick online. You're
supoosed to be running a professional news service, not a propaganda agency
specializing in abuse.

> Was your recent "I'll re-subscribe" message also a slip of the tongue?

No, I was talking to Neko.

> No, it's the way you're slating a news service you don't even read any
> more. That makes you an ignorant jerk.

I have read enough PN to make a critique. I doubt the news service has
changed so drastically in the last 2 or 3 episodes.

> Liar. You don't even read it any more.

I know PN. I have read it (past fuckin tense), therefore I know PN.

> Er, you just said you've stopped reading PN News. Your logic is
> flawed.

I know PN. I used to read it (past tense....look it up in the dictionary).

> >> So instead of reading how things "suck" and things "rule" in Prodigy
> >> Nexus, you go over to ProCON... where you can also hear how things
> >> "suck" (Resolution) and things "rule" (Bristol Rock Club).
> >You know, I don't live in the Europe, but I aspire to one day when I have
> >the money to establish a life there.
>
> Please get a life in Canada first.

Heheh, how ironic. I make a good living and have a good life. It's been
established that we don't know each other offline, so I advise you hold your
tongue about my personal life, because you don't know shit about it. I have
never said anything about you regarding your offline life, so why do you
think you can make comments about mine? That age-old stereotype of rich fat
North Americans is true: I am an oppertunist and step on people's heads to
get ahead. That is why I am fat and rich. Please don't hate me cuz I'm
deluxe. I have worked my ass off to make a good living. Jokes about the
video store? Hehe, you don't even know what the fuck I did there. I MANAGED
the place, buddy, and single handedly closed the place down when the
landlord raised the rent, forcing the prick to declare bankruptcy and
crawling on his knees begging me to re-establish a business there. I have
standing in my position, Pete...don't tell me to get a life.

> >In any case, I have no clue what sucks and what rules there.
> This is why both news services carry opinions.

So then don't diss the other just because you disagree with it.

> >P.S. You're not fighting a holy war.
> Oh wasn't I? Damn...

The way you're taking it so seriously I would think you are...

- SP

Peter Thomas

7 Jan 2001, 18:57:3807/01/2001
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:19:18 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> >You might be completely different in real
>> >life, and I have no doubts about that, but as it stands, we only know
>each
>> >other online. But in any case, I
>>
>> Yes.
>In any case I don't believe that you have to be such a prick online.

I can say the same about you.

>You're supoosed to be running a professional news service,

And it is. The most accurate/popular/successful one on the subject it
deals with.

>not a propaganda agency specializing in abuse.

What do you call abuse, exactly?

1) Giving out a series of truthful statements about someone.
2) Making up lies about someone and refusing to retract or apologise
for them.

I'm 'guilty' of number 1, while I know someone who's more involved
with number 2.

>> Was your recent "I'll re-subscribe" message also a slip of the tongue?
>No, I was talking to Neko.

Hmmm....

"I don't know what's going on here, but I am missing issues of both
ProCon and ProNex.. I am getting the irregularly. Is something going
wrong with the posting programs? Anyway I'm going to re-subscribe just
in case. " - SP, 01/03/2001.

>> No, it's the way you're slating a news service you don't even read any
>> more. That makes you an ignorant jerk.
>I have read enough PN to make a critique. I doubt the news service has
>changed so drastically in the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Well, the last three editions have seen a distinct contrast to the
so-called competition, in terms of the truth. The recent DJ set
reviews from PN have had just one error, while the same cannot be said
for... ahem.

>> Liar. You don't even read it any more.
>I know PN. I have read it (past fuckin tense), therefore I know PN.

You don't know about the latest editions of PN. It all counts.

>> Er, you just said you've stopped reading PN News. Your logic is
>> flawed.
>I know PN. I used to read it (past tense....look it up in the dictionary).

I used to read the Beano, but I can't legitimately claim that I know
what it is now.

>> >You know, I don't live in the Europe, but I aspire to one day when I have
>> >the money to establish a life there.
>> Please get a life in Canada first.
>Heheh, how ironic. I make a good living and have a good life.

Your claims of making hundreds of bucks a day for working in a video
store were laughed off this newsgroup.

>It's been
>established that we don't know each other offline, so I advise you hold your
>tongue about my personal life, because you don't know shit about it.

Hey, by your logic - I've just read a bit about it, therefore I KNOW
IT! LOL!

>I have
>never said anything about you regarding your offline life,

<strokes chin>

>so why do you
>think you can make comments about mine? That age-old stereotype of rich fat
>North Americans is true: I am an oppertunist and step on people's heads to
>get ahead.

How far have you been promoted now? Chief ice-cream seller in
Blockbusters video? Got the keys to the photocopier?

>That is why I am fat and rich. Please don't hate me cuz I'm
>deluxe. I have worked my ass off to make a good living.

If your offline work is anything like your online projects, then no.
'Cos we've seen you rip off other peoples' hard work and then you pass
it off as your own.

>Jokes about the video store?

Well, jokes about your claims of being a movie expert.

>Hehe, you don't even know what the fuck I did there.
>I MANAGED the place, buddy, and single handedly closed the place down when the
>landlord raised the rent, forcing the prick to declare bankruptcy and
>crawling on his knees begging me to re-establish a business there.

Well, many years ago, I helped get a firm get revenge on a certain
media group, by selling back their own products to them with a false
invoice. Totally justified by the way they broke contracts with the
company. Still, I don't claim to have a life because of just that!

>I have standing in my position, Pete...

No chairs at your work then?

>don't tell me to get a life.

Indeed, I'd be wasting my breath.

>> >In any case, I have no clue what sucks and what rules there.
>> This is why both news services carry opinions.
>So then don't diss the other just because you disagree with it.

You go round dissing me a lot, you hypocrite. The lies you make up are
really stupid. I don't lie about you or ProCON. You don't get bullshit
in my dissing.

>> >P.S. You're not fighting a holy war.
>> Oh wasn't I? Damn...
>The way you're taking it so seriously I would think you are...

You're taking it as seriously as I am.

Peter Thomas

7 Jan 2001, 19:37:3207/01/2001
On Sun, 07 Jan 2001 21:50:25 GMT, da...@my-deja.com wrote:

>> >Pete, whats the point?
>> Accuracy is the point.
>I agree its very important, to have accurate news. Its bang on. If
>Procon make an error, you have the right to be critical about it like
>anyone else. but come on , errors made a year ago, just forget them, its
>old news.

Actually, none of the errors from Neko that I pointed out are a year
old yet.

I'd forget the errors if they were retracted and apologised for, to
the same people who read them.

I used them (and will continue to use them), to highlight Neko's
dishonesty. If you hate me doing this, then be thankful I didn't
mention ALL of them.

>> >Its all in the past, you've been over it 100's of time and franky its
>> >boring.
>> Okay, you find accuracy to be boring. Fine. I can't force you to have
>> an interest in accuracy.
>there is nothing wrong with keeping PN accuracte, it beneifts the people
>who are subscribbed, but why slate another news service that has made
>errors in the past?

Because they should have retracted and apologised for those errors.

Bear in mind that the "past" you talk about runs up to as recent as
Thursday last week!

>> But remember that many people out there like
>> accuracy, which is why PN remains popular over the mistake-riddled
>> ProCON.
>Many as you Pete?,

Me? I'm one person. Of course there's more people than just me.

>i reckon your bordering on business competition.

As neither myself nor ProCON are in this for any commercial gain, why
are you dragging "business" into this?

>Just let the quality news talk for itself

Not everyone will spot the errors in ProCON. It takes experienced and
knowledgable Prodigy fans to point them out.

Any fucker could make up some ficticious Prodigy news. And there's
people out there who can take it for granted.

>> As for going over it "100's of times", well, the stubbornness of the
>> liar this is centered around is what causes these things.
>But why do people have to hear it so many times though?,

As I said, it's down to the stubbornness of that liar who refuses to
retract the mistakes.

Same old excuses dragged out as well. The worthless and totally untrue
"Oh, Sharky wasn't in the band when they were signed, so that means
she wasn't part of the band" style bullshit.

>not everyone is really intrested in your opinion about the same matter
>over and over again,

Well, I never expected everyone to be like that. Do you expect
everyone to agree with your opinion then?

>> >You've made your point, lay to the rest now.
>> Yeah, I've made several old points, plus some new ones. Like
>> questioning the legality of Neko's of job here in the UK. After all,
>> someone did reliably inform me of some interesting gossip about that.
>what is this alt.neko.job ?

No, it's alt.dates.gigs.hedrock-valley-beats

>Who gives a fuck what neko does for a living...

Somebody gave a fuck enough to tell me some story about the legality
of the her UK job, in the early hours of Saturday 22nd July 2000.

>everyone needs to do it

Yes, but it's a slap in the face to the unemployed of this country
when their jobs get illegally taken up by other people. Don't you
agree?

>> I brought up the points because it was so funny that Neko played the
>> "honesty" card. She's probably the most dishonest person on this
>> newsgroup, if you put Beaker aside.
>why can't you move on after making your point though?

I do, but some people like to argue with the objectively true things
I've pointed out. That's not my fault. Of course they're stupid and
need teaching that they cannot say or do anything to alter factually
correct observations.

>why the need to ram it down us die hard prodigy fans day , day out for a year.

Some of them are in denial. Like SP, for instance.

>neko told a porkie

*A* porkie?

Sorry, if only it was! She's come out with so many, she could start up
a butcher's shop!

>Wow! everyone tells the odd porkie

In a news service?

>but cause its neko you have to tell us 1000 times!

Could well make up for the 1000 times of bullshit like "ProCON's
better".

>I don't care if she's lied or made a mistake about anything,

YOU don't, other people do.

>it don't intrest me,

I'm casting my mind back to the early hours of Saturday 22nd July
2000, just getting a huge dose of irony, you see.

>I'm just after the latest prodigy news liek everyone else.

I'm after the latest TRUTHFUL Prodigy news. If you want FALSE Prodigy
news, well, just make it up yourself. Or subscribe to...

>> >as the crappy christmas song goes
>> >"look to the future now, its only just began"
>> But Christmas ended yesterday! :)
>Aaaaah but will you be still going about neko's old mistakes til next
>christmas

Only if there's some dumb fuck trying to pretend that she's more
truthful than me. And there usually is.

>who knows.....
>who cares.....

People who reply to such messages? Just a thought.

>BTW explain why DL = Beaker

It just snowballed from the first instance of its use against Beaker,
by Magic Alex...

http://x62.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/
getdoc.xp?AN=710277255&CONTEXT=978913623.844169238&hitnum=0

(Note: You'll have to piece together that text as one line for it to
be a valid URL)

adoran

8 Jan 2001, 04:25:4808/01/2001
Wow, a long thread that one :o)

I'd just like to say that Peter should live by his own standards, and that
I'm not surprised that Peter likes to bring up stuff from a year ago, after
all he did threaten me with "bringing out examples of my stupidity", whilst
at the same time refusing to admit that he threatens people.

:o)

David Lees

8 Jan 2001, 14:31:3008/01/2001

> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:15:41 -0000, "neko" <ne...@NOSPAMbtinternet.com>
> wrote:
> >although i dont need to give justification about this and it has
absolutely
> >nothing to do with the Prodigy:
> >I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
at
> >the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have
> >student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
> >allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to
work
> >up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.
>
> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.

The following things have been said about Peter Thomas.

- He has had sex with one or more camels.
- He has told someone to "go fuck a Jew"
- He phoned XL to check if a 30 second MP3 was a fake or not.

The following things has been said about Neko.

- She is illegally working in the UK.
- She is really a guy in drag.
- She tired to stab Peter Thomas with a knife.

I guess its up to the individual to decide which ones are true and which
ones are just made up crap.

neko

8 Jan 2001, 17:50:5608/01/2001
this is absolute bullshit again

anyway, after this answer i will not waste everyone's time anymore with
continuing this thread, any further answers will be e-mailed directly to
Pete, unless they are completely relevant to The Prodigy or this NG.

If anyone else of you is impressed about the lies Pete is trying to spread
about me in an attempt to get some popularity (?), then feel free to e-mail
me for information about anything he is saying ....

> >i was thinking about if i should reply to this post cause it will
obviously
> >cause another silly flame war
> >But I think here you've gone clearly a bit too far, Pete. Spreading lies
> >about me working illegally in the UK (which is NOT true at all) just is
WAY
> >below the belt line!
>
> Please tell me where I have stated that you are currently working
> illegally in the UK.

below

> >> Pure nonsense. If it's better how come it's plagued by factual
> >> inaccuracies and a miniscule audience?
> >'miniscule audience'...
> >of course i don't know about the subscribers of PN, but in your sig it
says
> >"Over 1,100 Prodigy fans reading!"
>
> 2,100.
>
> >ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers,
>
> Bullshit! I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone
> who knows.

'someone who knows', lol

the only persons who have got the subscribers lists of ProCON are Kotta and
me. No one else has got them. Since Kotta has been 1 week on vacation I
remain the only person who would know it and I dont remember having
discussed ProCON's subscribers with you.

so, there's a LIE!

> >so even if you have 2100 there is no significant difference.
>
> A mere 1,000 it is then. :)

try again

> >> PN remains superior because of its track record of accuracy. Add that
> >> to the wider audience it gets, and you're left wondering why ProCON
> >> even bother these days. Especially when Prodigy's manager has labelled
> >> her efforts as "complete bollocks".
> >he labelled the content of a newsreport that was wrong
>
> It was wrong because you typically didn't do the right research.

he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,
since he didn't know the newsservice

> >(1 year ago) with those words from what i understand it, and the comment
had
> >nothing to do with me, from what i know
>
> From what you know? That doesn't count for much, especially when we
> look at your other errors!
> >Midi were never aware of the existence of
> >Nekonews, so how could he have labelled it 'Complete Bollocks'?
>
> Now, could it be because someone read out that news report to him on
> the phone? hmm.... :)

he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,
since he didn't know the newsservice

quite funny your little 'lets make people think Prodigy's management
completely hate neko'-action.

> >> A recent edition of PN News about Leeroy DJing in Ireland had an error
> >> about 808 State and Finley Quaye as support. Something like two thirds
> >> of our subscribers got this, before I was informed of the error, so I
> >> quickly rectified it, and I'll be issueing an aplogy/retraction to
> >> those who received the error. It's because PN is the only Prodigy news
> >> service that strives towards accuracy. I put my ego aside, and I'm
> >> brave enough to say "Yeah, I fucked up" when it's been pointed out
> >> when I'm wrong. Not so for Neko, she carries on as if nothing has
> >> happened.
> >> Now, whose news service suspiciously contained the same story, only
> >> slightly rewritten, and with the tell-tale evidence of ALSO INCLUDING
> >> THE SAME ERROR?
> >I wrote the story as I received it from Victor Caroll.
>
> <strokes chin>

actually i received that story from him already 20th Dec (yes, before the
gig happened), he forwarded me a message he had received from a local radio
station.

> >The ProCON issue was written already before PN came out
>
> When?

my review was finished monday and most of the newsletter shortly after, i
just had problems finding a suitable mailserver to send it all from
Switzerland (unlike usually from UK)

> >and i am not subscribed anyway, but i read it in the NG.
>
> ...so you claim.

i claim?

I know

> >> Hey, it's the best form of flattery I guess. But will her subscribers
> >> receive a formal apology/retraction for that mistake? What about the
> >> other mistakes in her recent edition? Or even the mistakes that were
> >> lying around last year?
> >how can you know there's not gonna be a retraction?
>
> I didn't say there wouldn't be. But, judging on your past, I don't see
> it likely. I have NEVER seen you retract any of the numerous mistakes
> in your piss-poor news service.

oh, another lie!

there's been a retraction in all the text versions of ProCON #12 because of
an error made in the text version of ProCON #11

> >Have you received ProCoN #25 already?
>
> I am genuinely not subscribed. Can't wait to see the retraction of
> course. "There's a first time for everything"

see above

> >> The answer lies in her history.
> >> She told subscribers that Leeroy was the first departure from the
> >> Prodigy, despite obvious evidence showing that it was Sharky.
> >> Unretracted, and unapologised for.
> >she left before Prodigy signed a deal
>
> Yes, so?
>
> This does not alter the, um, UNALTERABLE FACT, that Sharky was
> actually the first departure from Prodigy.

simply stop whining about it now

> Record deal, schmecord deal! It doesn't mean anything! Why do you drag
> it up? Do you think bands only start existing when they get signed?
> (Which would be an insult to the tens of hard-working unsigned bands
> I've seen)

simply stop whining about it now

oh, btw: Keith Flint (mixmag, July '97): "The Prodigy is four people,
always has been, always will be."

> >i know this is arguable,
>
> No, it is not arguable. Sharky is the first departure from Prodigy,
> Leeroy is the second departure. Undeniable fact.
>
> >but you're the only person still whining about it
>
> Well, no actually!

simply stop whining about it now

> >> She told subscribers that Prodigy had been going for ten years when
> >> they weren't. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
> >1990-2000 = 10 years
>
> LOL!
>
> 1974-2001 = 27 years.
>
> I'm not 27 years old yet.

well, look at your mathematics from above then

> The fact is, the official press release stated over nine years for
> Leeroy's role in the band. I thought you might have got a clue from
> this, but oh no!
>
> >> She told newsgroup subscribers that I phoned up XL about an mp3,
> >> without any proof to back up that false claim. Unretracted, and
> >> unapologised for.
> >no, i didnt actually tell that
>
> I'll be hunting through deja.com

i dont think anyone cares

> >> She made a series of 'hacker' accusations against Spencer Coates, all
> >> totally without proof. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
> >how do you know about what Spencer and me have been talking to each
other?

> Your question does not in anyway alter the above fact I stated.

quite stupid that your 'lets play neko and Spencer up against each other' -
plan doesn't work, eh?

> >Dont you think there have been some sort of discussions about this matter
> >between him and me before he joined ProCON as a member?
>
> Again, this question does not in anyway alter that above fact I
> stated.

is it your problem then?

> Out of curiousity, what emerged from those discussions you had with
> Spencer, particularly after you once declared that you'd would even
> accept a No Souvenirs mp3 from him?

see above

> >> The two latest Liam DJ set reviews in ProCON had the same glaring
> >> error. ProCON readers probably think they both started off with RATM's
> >> War Within A Breath. PN readers however got the truth, which
> >> contrasted with her efforts. Unretracted, and unapologised for.
> >you know as well as me that it is almost impossible to recall each track
> >from a DJ set after the event without having a soundfile.
>
> I know. I've made a blunder myself in the latest PN, which of course,
> will be retracted and apologised for. That's what PN subscribers
> expect.

i dont know about you, but when i go to see Liam DJing I go there mainly as
a fan and I try to enjoy the set and the music he plays. I dont sit there
with pen and paper and note down the tracks he played just to have them in
the right order. Noone expects that from a review unless I state "this is
the absolute correct setlist he played in the absolute correct order"
I just write down the tracks I remembered and of course thanks to Spences
help we managed to put together quite a big part of the set

> However, if you paid proper attention to both PN reviews of those
> events...

what? so you mean I actually did NOT mention that Liam (according to you)
played for a few seconds another track before he started with 'war within a
breath'???? OMG, that has truely stirred up the whole history of The
Prodigy!

> >I think we did pretty well in the ProCON review with that, we knew a big
part of the
> >tracks.
> >I would never blame anyone for making an error in recalling a DJ set, but
> >since you did it with me, what about:
> >"The last song of Liam's set was (Best Part Of) Breaking Up by the
Chemical
> >Brothers." (Pn News 4th january)
> >Exactly same sort of error.
>
> Yes, but naturally, I'll be retracting that error and apologising for
> it. I want PN to remain as the best and most accurate news service
> about the Prodigy, so a correction is imminent.

just out of curiousity, why do you always keep pointing out how 'your
newsservice is the best' etc, instead of letting its quality speak for
itself? Cause if it was really that good then people would know that by
themselves and you wouldnt need keep telling them.

> >> "...as Liam started the set the whole place was buzzing,
> >> jumping and cheering to his set. I think that speaks for itself and
> >> proves he is a quality DJ."
> >> "The guy next to me has suddenly the urge to make a salto on the stage
> >> and the security people obviously aren't so happy about this action."
> >whats the contrast?
>
> Buzzin, jumping, cheering... and then... well...

...a guy annoyed the security by making a salto on stage

whats the question again?

> >> Don't you get it yet? I made up NeedNoNews as a joke, to highlight the
> >> sheer stupidity and inaccuracy found in Neko's writing. That was a
> >> warning sign.
> >> Just lately though, that parody is getting dangerously close to
> >> reality.
> >> And when Neko says "what's wrong with honesty", you'll hear the
> >> laughter emanating from everyone who knows the TRUTH about her.
> >like, errm, you?
>
> Just one of a few, yes.

how come you claim to know so much about me?
is there anthing I should know, are there any secret cameras installed in my
flat? or how else can you know EVERYTHING about me?

> >> Go on, ask her. Ask her how she gets backstage passes for gigs. Is it
> >> through honest means?

actually the only time I ever had a backstage pass for a Prodigy gig /Liam
DJ set was at the Sofia gig.
why?
Cause i had helped the promoter of the gig when they asked me for some help.
e.g. I helped them putting together questions for an interview with Liam
they did, I provided them with some live soundfiles they used to promote the
gig on Bulgarian TV. Thanks to Nikola Petranov who also worked for newmusic
at the time they then offered me a pass to the gig for that. they actually
even booked the hotel for me, picked me up from the airport and invited me
to the aftershowparty. do you think they would have done that if i had
gotten a pass 'through unhonest means'?

other times i never had a 'backstage pass', just some photo or presspasses.
A photo- or press pass doesnt let you go backstage at all! (or imagine what
would happen if all journalists would be able to invade the artists
dressingrooms!) Generally they just give you access to a designated
'guestarea' where all the journalists and record company people are hanging
out.

oh, and i got them through completely honest means, just because of my web
site, at Fabric '99 for example given to me from Midi Mangement.

> >yes, how would it work otherwise?
>
> I'm disappointed in you Neko. That's definitely in contrast to what
> you personally said to me in 1999 in Edinburgh.

hmmm, Edinburgh, 99
Homelands festival
I had a photopass AND a guestpass, so I was nice enough to give my guestpass
to Peter Thomas so he could go into the guest area, too.
Oh, how unhonest of me!
Back then you seemed to be quite grateful for that, but now, it seems, you
have to use it in your weak 'lets try to spread some lies about neko to
become more popular' attempts
quite sad, isnt it? I do you a favour and you are using it against me

> Not the first time you've just outright denied your real-life actions.
>
> >>Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally
> >> legal? Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
> >that is way below the beltline and a complete lie
>
> That is a question and hence, not a complete lie. Or even a slight
> lie. Or a lie at all.

Its a lie and (I repeat) completely below the beltline

> To say it is a "complete lie", would be, er, lying!
>
> >although i dont need to give justification about this and it has
absolutely
> >nothing to do with the Prodigy:
> >I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
at
> >the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have
> >student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
> >allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to
work
> >up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.
>
> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.

oh?? 'its been said about me'? by whom? by 'some guy from ICQ'?

hmmm, I wonder who is this 'friend' of yours who claims to know more about
me than I do myself!!

> >sorry to everyone who came here to read about The Prodigy ...
>
> Why not say say sorry to everyone who wanted truthful Prodigy stories?

why not say sorry to everyone who is tired of all those stupid flame wars
constantly cause by Pete's weak and pointless attacks?

> >> There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
> >> a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
> >> Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)
> >same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock
just
> >to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?
>
> Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?

thats what we were wondering too!

> >lol
>
> Who's the ProCON member who completely made up a story in front of...
> ahem... despite the fact that his girlfriend had witnessed... ahem...
>
> Sorry, that's too juicy to use here.

cant be anything behind it then, you've gone as low as possible already

> >> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one
> >> side, Prodigy Nexus still looks better. Compare the recent offerings
> >> from both services. One's in-depth and informative, the other looks
> >> like a junior school essay.
> >funny then that you copy stuff from that 'terrible service'
>
> Please tell me, how do I copy stuff for the edition of PN News, from
> the edition of ProCON which emerged AFTER PN News?

it has happened in previous issues

oh, btw, tell me again how you found out about that there wasnt too much
crowdreaction to Liam's DJ set at the Madonna gig and how come you found his
DJ set there dissapointing although you weren't there?

anyway, any further reply will be sent directly to Pete in an attempt to
make this NG a bit 'cleaner'.

anyone else who has read until here and is confused or requiring further
info (or maybe a scan of my permit to live and work in the UK???? ;) )
e-mail me....

Kotta

8 Jan 2001, 11:29:5508/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote...

> Where you there when Mike Champion said her news story was "complete
> bollocks". I think I know the answer to that - "nope".

Me neither.
Exactly what did Mike say?
Was it "Nekonews is complete bollocks"?
Or was it perhaps "ProCON is complete bollocks"?
Or was it infact "that is complete bollocks" as an answer to a statement
from you regarding something you read in nekonews?

> "complete bollocks" (thank you Mike Champion) does not make for a
> better Prodigy news service.

Has Mike Champion called ProCON "complete bollocks"?

> The small mistake about the Bed Club which caused people to buy
> needlessly buy rail tickets for an event that didn't happen?

It was all cleared up, read nekonews #34. Neko did nothing wrong.
Anyone who bought rail-tickets should take it up with the club organizers.
Those were the ones who announced it all. Not nekonews.

Kotta

8 Jan 2001, 11:46:5508/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote:
> >ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers,
> Bullshit!

<PT>
Liar!
</PT>

> I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone who knows.

Um, and who would that be then?

> >although i dont need to give justification about this and it has
absolutely
> >nothing to do with the Prodigy:
> >I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
at
> >the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have
> >student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
> >allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to
work
> >up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.
> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.

So what?

You could be a drug dealer and neko a car thief for all I care. I'd still
read the Prodigy news.

> >> There's a lot of stuff I know about her. I also know other stuff, like
> >> a certain ProCON member who recently contacted me, desperate to join
> >> Prodigy Nexus. (I turned down that member flatly anyway)
> >same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock
just
> >to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?
> Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?

Maybe to tell him you were wearing a Prodigy shirt.

> >> Yes, even if you put ProCON's terrible factual inaccuracies to one

> >> side...

"Terrible factual inaccuracies" huh?

> >> Let's not forget that Neko has given out a Hedrock Valley Beats gig
> >> date as an excuse for "Prodigy News". And the link to an FTP site that
> >> supports piracy of commerically available Prodigy music.
> >many prodigy fans were grateful for the live recordings and videos on
OPC's
> >FTP
> I bet they were very grateful to obtain a commercially available track
> which should not have been there.

I bet that makes Sentinel more of a pirate than you Pete?
You shouldn't accuse people of supporting piracy when you clearly do that
yourself.
Cause in case you didn't know already: publishing music on the web which you
do not own the rights to = piracy.

Kotta

8 Jan 2001, 10:39:2308/01/2001
David Lees wrote:
> > Actually we did check the name but figured that http://procon.abso.net
> > works just as well.
> Well, you would be wrong then. What would be better then
www.procon.co.uk?
> Answer: www.procon.com. You got neither. Its a shame.

Perhaps.
But still, we didn't do anything wrong cause we did check first... but
unfortunately both were already taken :P
IIRC .org was also taken.
But it doesn't really matter, people seem to find their way to the site
anyways. It's just a matter of having the url on display in sigs and in
newsletters, and the searchengines don't really care about the url either.
But you are right in the sense that a good url can benefit the site.

neko

8 Jan 2001, 18:02:5508/01/2001

> >Who gives a fuck what neko does for a living...
>
> Somebody gave a fuck enough to tell me some story about the legality
> of the her UK job, in the early hours of Saturday 22nd July 2000.

whoah, really?

maybe you should learn to spot the difference between someone making a joke
(e.g. that ProCON members who was 'begging' you to join PN!) and poeple
being serious

> >everyone needs to do it
>
> Yes, but it's a slap in the face to the unemployed of this country
> when their jobs get illegally taken up by other people. Don't you
> agree?

do you actually know how shitloads of money I pay to England by being a
full-time student from overseas?

oh, and even if I was a convicted murderer, what would it have to do with
the quality of the newservice I am running? I still didn't get that part of
the point you are trying to make and I 'almost' come to think that you just
are going to use 'anything' in attempt to make people dislike me?

David Lees

8 Jan 2001, 19:05:3808/01/2001
> Peter Thomas wrote...

> > The small mistake about the Bed Club which caused people to buy
> > needlessly buy rail tickets for an event that didn't happen?
>
> It was all cleared up, read nekonews #34. Neko did nothing wrong.
> Anyone who bought rail-tickets should take it up with the club organizers.
> Those were the ones who announced it all. Not nekonews.

Anyone who read Nekonews and then instantly ordered train tickets without
checking first must be rather stupid. I guess it depends on who you want,
or who you think is reading your news service. If I was Neko, I wouldn't
give a shit about people buying train tickets. I wouldn't waste my time on
those stupid people. If Peter Thomas wants to aim PN at stupid people then
I predict that only stupid people will read PN. I congratulate Neko on
aiming for readers with a bit more common sense, people who don't believe
everything they read in an email without checking first. Anyone remember
the PN News reader that wanted to kill Rob de Ford because of something
Peter Thomas wrote in PN? That about sums up the whole thing.

David Lees

8 Jan 2001, 19:20:5808/01/2001

> David Lees wrote:
> > > Actually we did check the name but figured that http://procon.abso.net
> > > works just as well.
> > Well, you would be wrong then. What would be better then
> www.procon.co.uk?
> > Answer: www.procon.com. You got neither. Its a shame.
>
> Perhaps.
> But still, we didn't do anything wrong cause we did check first... but
> unfortunately both were already taken :P
> IIRC .org was also taken.
> But it doesn't really matter, people seem to find their way to the site
> anyways. It's just a matter of having the url on display in sigs and in
> newsletters, and the searchengines don't really care about the url either.
> But you are right in the sense that a good url can benefit the site.

Yeah, thats why I registered www.prodigynexus.co.uk. My theory is that some
PN readers are so stupid (like the ones that wanted to 'have words' with Rob
de Ford) that they will not even realise that they are not on the PN site.
I also put a link to ProCON at the bottom of the page so they can get some
Prodigy News.

SP

8 Jan 2001, 19:42:3208/01/2001
"neko" <ne...@nekosite.plus.net> wrote in message

> quite funny your little 'lets make people think Prodigy's management
> completely hate neko'-action.

What, even though Mike Champion wrote in your guestbook and the XL web site
hooked up you in their links?

I think you're prefered by XL/Mike over Peter Thomas, who IIRC was told to
chill out regarding his zealous fan-hood of the Prodigy, Liam said "Yeah
Prodge I think you're a little too into it" or something along those
lines..hehehe.

SP

8 Jan 2001, 19:45:4608/01/2001
"neko" wrote in message...

> I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
> at the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I
have
> a student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
> allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to

> work up to 20 hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.

You're Swiss??? My god can I marry you PLEASE!? It seems the only way to get
a Swiss citizenship these days, I know many people with jobs that pay in the
100k (dollars), have good credit ratings are are STILL refused on their
Swiss citizenship applications...sorry if this is off topic, but so is
working in England until 2003.

- SP

dimf...@my-deja.com

9 Jan 2001, 04:29:0309/01/2001
Who are you masked man?

dimf...@my-deja.com

9 Jan 2001, 04:47:1909/01/2001

> - She tired to stab Peter Thomas with a knife.

I heard it was a 15" black rubber cock, and she went by the
alias "HATCHET HARRY"

SP

9 Jan 2001, 09:17:5909/01/2001

> everything they read in an email without checking first. Anyone remember
> the PN News reader that wanted to kill Rob de Ford because of something
> Peter Thomas wrote in PN? That about sums up the whole thing.

And yet Rob still has the most proliferate Prodigy web site on the net.

Magic_Alex

9 Jan 2001, 09:43:5609/01/2001

SP wrote in message ...

>And yet Rob still has the most proliferate Prodigy web site on the net.

do you mean "prolific" ? i dont quite get what youre refering to.....

SP

9 Jan 2001, 12:08:4209/01/2001

> SP wrote in message ...
>
> >And yet Rob still has the most proliferate Prodigy web site on the net.
>

> do you mean "prolific" ? i dont quite get what youre refering to.....

Oops wrong word, I was stoned at the time. What I meant was most commonly
findable - I checked many search engines (Lycos, Yahoo, Excite, Altavista,
Google) and Rob de Ford's 'theprodigy.org' shows up the most and was
obviouslythe most successfully entered into the search engine databases.

- SP

David Lees

9 Jan 2001, 14:21:4209/01/2001
"SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote in message

Well, Rob does web sites as a job, therefore he has the most professionally
run Prodigy site on the net. Peter Thomas can't argue with that.

David Lees

9 Jan 2001, 14:23:2709/01/2001
<dimf...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:93emn6$bf0$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> > - She tired to stab Peter Thomas with a knife.
> >
> I heard it was a 15" black rubber cock, and she went by the
> alias "HATCHET HARRY"

My 'rumour' was actually based on a Prodigy song. I can upload the *.rm of
it somewhere if you haven't heard it yet.

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 14:46:3809/01/2001
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:29:55 +0100, "Kotta" <ko...@ATEMYHAMSTERhome.se>
wrote:

>> Where you there when Mike Champion said her news story was "complete
>> bollocks". I think I know the answer to that - "nope".
>Me neither.
>Exactly what did Mike say?

"complete bollocks"

>Was it "Nekonews is complete bollocks"?

He said Neko's news report is "complete bollocks"

>Or was it perhaps "ProCON is complete bollocks"?

He'd be right to use that now, but ProCON didn't exist back then.

>> "complete bollocks" (thank you Mike Champion) does not make for a
>> better Prodigy news service.
>Has Mike Champion called ProCON "complete bollocks"?

No idea if he's seen it yet.

>> The small mistake about the Bed Club which caused people to buy
>> needlessly buy rail tickets for an event that didn't happen?
>It was all cleared up, read nekonews #34.

Oh, yes. Some junk about the event being postponed, while PN was busy
putting out the truth.

"this is about Liam Howlett’s newest DJ date at the new club the
‘Bed’!!" - Neko.

"So Liam’s next confirmed DJ date is 26th February 2000 in Sheffield
UK!!" - Neko.

"Mike and the rest of the Prodigy management still haven't heard
anything about the event at all." - PN.

""They confirmed that it was only a possibility, and was never
official that Liam was going to play on the 26th. The official
Bed-club site ( http://www.bed-club.com ), was wrong to put that he
was going DJ on the 26th because it was never certain. They say that
if it does happen, it might be in March-ish. But it is still only a
possibility."" - PN.

"However, according to the organisers the event has been postponed due
to a later opening of the club as expected, but the DJ set is going to
happen! So stay tuned for the new date!" - Neko.

>Neko did nothing wrong.

Except lie to her subscribers. On numerous occasions.

>Anyone who bought rail-tickets should take it up with the club organizers.
>Those were the ones who announced it all. Not nekonews.

Nekonews never announced that it Liam's appearance was supposedly
"confirmed" there? I beg to differ, see this quote:

"So Liam’s next confirmed DJ date is 26th February 2000 in Sheffield
UK!!" - Nekonews.

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 14:52:3709/01/2001
On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:08:42 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> SP wrote in message ...
>> >And yet Rob still has the most proliferate Prodigy web site on the net.
>> do you mean "prolific" ? i dont quite get what youre refering to.....

Surely "pathetic"?

>Oops wrong word, I was stoned at the time. What I meant was most commonly
>findable - I checked many search engines (Lycos, Yahoo, Excite, Altavista,
>Google) and Rob de Ford's 'theprodigy.org' shows up the most and was
>obviouslythe most successfully entered into the search engine databases.

Wow, that must make the site really good then!

I wonder why the following's been said about Rob's s(h)ite... (note
how everything below is justified!) :

"This Rob de Ford guy sets up his very own Prodigy website. great
we're all thrilled, really. Problem is, its one of those back-lot,
visit-once-to laugh-real-hard and leave-for-good set ups. (Been there.
Got bored. Left.) Then he sees two of the, by far, best set up, best
kept, best info-packed sites on the net and gets jealous..." -
Melissa.

"I know how much time you needed to made such a great site. I hope
this was the last offence against your site. Furthermore I hope you
will not do the same to http://www.theprodigy.org because I think you
are the better webmaster over Rob de Ford, we should not kill the
Prodigy fan-scene.

Okay - Rob de Ford's action was not okay and he should know , that he
is now smashed - he is not more a member of the "International Prodigy
fan-scene" (all serious Prodigy fans in the world). I hope your
reactions will be peaceful - I know your rage." - EasternStar

"IF YOU CAN'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DAMN SUCCESS THEN REACT SOME OTHER
DAMN WAY, LIKE BANGING YOUR FISTS ON THE TABLE!!

DISGRUNTLED PRODIGY NEXUS FAN (ON BEHALF OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER PRODIGY
SITE FANS)"

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 14:59:5009/01/2001
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:02:55 -0000, "neko" <ne...@nekosite.plus.net>
wrote:

>> >Who gives a fuck what neko does for a living...
>> Somebody gave a fuck enough to tell me some story about the legality
>> of the her UK job, in the early hours of Saturday 22nd July 2000.
>whoah, really?

Yes, really.

>maybe you should learn to spot the difference between someone making a joke
>(e.g. that ProCON members who was 'begging' you to join PN!)

Begging me to join PN? I'm already in PN!

>and poeple being serious

Er, look back at your reactions to NeedNoNews.

>> >everyone needs to do it
>> Yes, but it's a slap in the face to the unemployed of this country
>> when their jobs get illegally taken up by other people. Don't you
>> agree?
>do you actually know how shitloads of money I pay to England by being a
>full-time student from overseas?

Or how much I pay in taxes, which goes to the UK? Mind you, if I
worked illegally, I could avoid paying taxes to the UK, like other
illegal workers.

>oh, and even if I was a convicted murderer, what would it have to do with
>the quality of the newservice I am running?

Quite a lot - let's see one of your DJ set reviews from inside the
confines of four walls with a slop bucket for company.

>I still didn't get that part of the point you are trying to make

Are you pretending not to notice the objectively true observations I
am making? I am highlighting your dishonesty, Neko. Not a hard job to
do.

>and I 'almost' come to think that you just
>are going to use 'anything' in attempt to make people dislike me?

No, unlike yourself, I won't use lies. Truth is better.

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 15:07:0309/01/2001
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:46:55 +0100, "Kotta" <ko...@ATEMYHAMSTERhome.se>
wrote:

>> >ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers,
>> Bullshit!
><PT>
>Liar!
></PT>

Okay, call one of ProCON's members a liar then!

>> I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone who knows.
>Um, and who would that be then?

"Can I join PN?"

>> >although i dont need to give justification about this and it has
>absolutely
>> >nothing to do with the Prodigy:
>> >I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
>at
>> >the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have
>> >student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
>> >allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to
>work
>> >up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.
>> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.
>So what?
>You could be a drug dealer and neko a car thief for all I care.

Certain drug deals don't harm anyone. I've never dealt drugs to
people, but I've organised a meeting between two like-minded friends,
in order to buy/sell some nice weed. I wouldn't get involved in any
hard drug shit, like smack, coke, E's, or crack, etc. Too much risk.

As for car theft, well, that's left for scum really.

>I'd still read the Prodigy news.

From an honest car thief, eh?

>> >same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock
>just
>> >to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?
>> Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?
>Maybe to tell him you were wearing a Prodigy shirt.

How many seconds does that take up then?

>"Terrible factual inaccuracies" huh?

Yes, the ones I brought up in this thread.

>> >many prodigy fans were grateful for the live recordings and videos on
>OPC's
>> >FTP
>> I bet they were very grateful to obtain a commercially available track
>> which should not have been there.
>I bet that makes Sentinel more of a pirate than you Pete?

Well, duh!

>You shouldn't accuse people of supporting piracy when you clearly do that
>yourself.

I'm accusing him of distributing a commercially available Prodigy
track, actually.

>Cause in case you didn't know already: publishing music on the web which you
>do not own the rights to = piracy.

You will of course be informing your ProCON colleagues of that fact,
won't you?

David Lees

9 Jan 2001, 15:04:3909/01/2001

> On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:08:42 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:
> I wonder why the following's been said about Rob's s(h)ite... (note
> how everything below is justified!) :
>
> "This Rob de Ford guy sets up his very own Prodigy website. great
> we're all thrilled, really. Problem is, its one of those back-lot,
> visit-once-to laugh-real-hard and leave-for-good set ups. (Been there.
> Got bored. Left.) Then he sees two of the, by far, best set up, best
> kept, best info-packed sites on the net and gets jealous..." -
> Melissa.
>
> "I know how much time you needed to made such a great site. I hope
> this was the last offence against your site. Furthermore I hope you
> will not do the same to http://www.theprodigy.org because I think you
> are the better webmaster over Rob de Ford, we should not kill the
> Prodigy fan-scene.
>
> Okay - Rob de Ford's action was not okay and he should know , that he
> is now smashed - he is not more a member of the "International Prodigy
> fan-scene" (all serious Prodigy fans in the world). I hope your
> reactions will be peaceful - I know your rage." - EasternStar
>
> "IF YOU CAN'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DAMN SUCCESS THEN REACT SOME OTHER
> DAMN WAY, LIKE BANGING YOUR FISTS ON THE TABLE!!
>
> DISGRUNTLED PRODIGY NEXUS FAN (ON BEHALF OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER PRODIGY
> SITE FANS)"

Are you trying to back up my claims that a lot of PN readers are stupid?
These people read what you said in PN and believed it all, they didn't
bother to find out what other people were saying. They obviously didn't
even bother to ask Rob de Ford (its not like they didn't have his details).
Why are you so interested in what these people have to say anyway? These
are the same sort of people who believed that you made the "Go fuck a jew"
comments and we know what you think of those people, right?

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 15:59:0509/01/2001
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:50:56 -0000, "neko" <ne...@nekosite.plus.net>
wrote:

>this is absolute bullshit again

If only it were.

>anyway, after this answer i will not waste everyone's time anymore with
>continuing this thread, any further answers will be e-mailed directly to
>Pete, unless they are completely relevant to The Prodigy or this NG.

Yes, please don't waste anyone's time by denying objectively true
statements.

>If anyone else of you is impressed about the lies Pete is trying to spread
>about me

Name some!

>in an attempt to get some popularity (?),

No, I'm showing the truth about you. You obviously don't like it, but
hey, I ain't gonna stop because of that.

>then feel free to e-mail me for information about anything he is saying ....

Hmm...

>> Please tell me where I have stated that you are currently working
>> illegally in the UK.
>below

Hmmm! Don't see it!

>> >ProCON atm has 1850 subscribers,
>> Bullshit! I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone
>> who knows.
>'someone who knows', lol
>the only persons who have got the subscribers lists of ProCON are Kotta and
>me. No one else has got them.

I'm meant to take YOUR word on this?

>Since Kotta has been 1 week on vacation I
>remain the only person who would know it and I dont remember having
>discussed ProCON's subscribers with you.

You haven't. Someone else has.

>so, there's a LIE!

A lie when you say "1850", because it's more around the 1,100 mark. It
peaked at 1,300, but that's down to the 'dead' addresses that were
left in at that time.

>> >so even if you have 2100 there is no significant difference.
>> A mere 1,000 it is then. :)
>try again

A mere 1,000 it is then. :)

>> >he labelled the content of a newsreport that was wrong
>> It was wrong because you typically didn't do the right research.
>he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,

That's STILL bad - to have ANY of your own work labelled as "complete
bollocks" by the Prodigy manager. I'd give up if that were me.

>since he didn't know the newsservice

Thankfully.

>> >Midi were never aware of the existence of
>> >Nekonews, so how could he have labelled it 'Complete Bollocks'?
>> Now, could it be because someone read out that news report to him on
>> the phone? hmm.... :)
>he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,
>since he didn't know the newsservice

Oh, so it's okay to have the content of your news report labelled as
"complete bollocks" by Prodigy's manager? Silly me! There was I
thinking it meant something bad for you...

>quite funny your little 'lets make people think Prodigy's management
>completely hate neko'-action.

Yeah, we all know they love you really. You got a christmas card from
them. You're in there.

>> >I wrote the story as I received it from Victor Caroll.
>> <strokes chin>
>actually i received that story from him already 20th Dec (yes, before the
>gig happened), he forwarded me a message he had received from a local radio
>station.

<still stroking chin>

>> >and i am not subscribed anyway, but i read it in the NG.
>> ...so you claim.
>i claim?
>I know

That's just your word for it.

>> >how can you know there's not gonna be a retraction?
>> I didn't say there wouldn't be. But, judging on your past, I don't see
>> it likely. I have NEVER seen you retract any of the numerous mistakes
>> in your piss-poor news service.
>oh, another lie!

Right, you're the judge of what *I* have seen in your piss-poor news
service?

>there's been a retraction in all the text versions of ProCON #12 because of
>an error made in the text version of ProCON #11

Now prove that *I* saw that.

>> >Have you received ProCoN #25 already?
>> I am genuinely not subscribed. Can't wait to see the retraction of
>> course. "There's a first time for everything"
>see above

Yes. My point about not being subscribed is very substantial regarding
your attempt to label my truthful observation as a lie.

>> >she left before Prodigy signed a deal
>> Yes, so?
>> This does not alter the, um, UNALTERABLE FACT, that Sharky was
>> actually the first departure from Prodigy.
>simply stop whining about it now

Well, let's see a retraction and an apology to your diminishing
audience of readers.

>> Record deal, schmecord deal! It doesn't mean anything! Why do you drag
>> it up? Do you think bands only start existing when they get signed?
>> (Which would be an insult to the tens of hard-working unsigned bands
>> I've seen)
>simply stop whining about it now

Instead of hypocritically giving out your whine of "simply stop
whining about it now", why don't you, just for a change, ADMIT YOU'RE
WRONG?

Go on, put your swollen ego aside for just a moment, and say sorry to
everyone who had to put up with that bullshit. Go on, retract the
error.

Don't just complain about me pointing it out, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

>oh, btw: Keith Flint (mixmag, July '97): "The Prodigy is four people,
>always has been, always will be."

Remind me to put that quote with the rest of the collection of Untrue
Things That Prodigy Members Have Said.

It'll sit nicely next to "there'll never be another Prodigy album" -
(Liam, 1994).

>> >i know this is arguable,
>> No, it is not arguable. Sharky is the first departure from Prodigy,
>> Leeroy is the second departure. Undeniable fact.
>> >but you're the only person still whining about it
>> Well, no actually!
>simply stop whining about it now

simply admit you're wrong now
simply apologise to your readers now
simply retract that lie now

>> >1990-2000 = 10 years
>> LOL!
>> 1974-2001 = 27 years.
>> I'm not 27 years old yet.
>well, look at your mathematics from above then

You obviously don't get the point.

Anyway, the official press release said "nine years".

>> >no, i didnt actually tell that
>> I'll be hunting through deja.com
>i dont think anyone cares

Never mind what you "think".

>> >how do you know about what Spencer and me have been talking to each
>other?
>> Your question does not in anyway alter the above fact I stated.
>quite stupid that your 'lets play neko and Spencer up against each other' -
>plan doesn't work, eh?

Quite stupid that you think I have a 'lets play neko and Spencer up
against each other' plan. I don't! But I'm genuinely interested in how
your 'hacker' accusations concluded. One of you had to be wrong about
it!

You're highly paranoid. Was it the questioning of the legality of your
work in the UK that made you this way?

>> >Dont you think there have been some sort of discussions about this matter
>> >between him and me before he joined ProCON as a member?
>> Again, this question does not in anyway alter that above fact I
>> stated.
>is it your problem then?

No. The unproven accusation isn't.

>> Out of curiousity, what emerged from those discussions you had with
>> Spencer, particularly after you once declared that you'd would even
>> accept a No Souvenirs mp3 from him?
>see above

That does not answer the question.

>> >you know as well as me that it is almost impossible to recall each track
>> >from a DJ set after the event without having a soundfile.
>> I know. I've made a blunder myself in the latest PN, which of course,
>> will be retracted and apologised for. That's what PN subscribers
>> expect.
>i dont know about you, but when i go to see Liam DJing I go there mainly as
>a fan and I try to enjoy the set and the music he plays.

Ditto.

>I dont sit there
>with pen and paper and note down the tracks he played just to have them in
>the right order.

Yeah, exactly. As I've expressed previously on the ng, I don't bother
with recording gigs/sets, or even concerning myself of thinking about
the internet.

>Noone expects that from a review unless I state "this is
>the absolute correct setlist he played in the absolute correct order"

Or "the first track he played was..."?

>> However, if you paid proper attention to both PN reviews of those
>> events...
>what? so you mean I actually did NOT mention that Liam (according to you)
>played for a few seconds another track before he started with 'war within a
>breath'????

Indeed. This shows it. It's a game of "Spot The Difference"...

"at 0.15 Liam starts his set with the Rage Against The Machine track
'War within a breath'" - ProCON, reviewing the Bristol Rock Club set.

"He started off with a fairly ambient track, the same one
he used to open his Homelands Ireland set in 1999. The beatlessness
of this track caused some ignoramus next to me to bellow out
"RUBBISH!", but he was silenced when Liam cut into War Within A
Breath by Rage Against The Machine" - PN, reviewing the Bristol Rock
Club set.

"At 11.30pm Liam starts his set with Rage Against the Machine's 'War
within a breath'" - ProCON, reviewing the Resolution set.

"Liam was about five minutes late on [11:35pm], and the crowd didn't
exactly swell up much.

He started off with the same ambient track he used in his set at
Bristol's Rock Club a few weeks back. Something in my mind was going
"uh-oh" at this point, as I was worried about him doing the same old
stuff yet again. Here he was, starting with the same track at his
last public DJ set, although he didn't mess around with it for as
long.

All my fears about it being the same old story were sadly confirmed
when Rage Against The Machine's War Within A Breath hit the speakers.
Yep, the same two tracks that opened his Rock set." - PN, reviewing
the Resolution set.

>OMG, that has truely stirred up the whole history of The
>Prodigy!

Sarcasm detected, but do take note of what you say when I point out
your "Leeroy is the first departure from the Prodigy" lie.

>> >I think we did pretty well in the ProCON review with that, we knew a big
>part of the
>> >tracks.
>> >I would never blame anyone for making an error in recalling a DJ set, but
>> >since you did it with me, what about:
>> >"The last song of Liam's set was (Best Part Of) Breaking Up by the
>Chemical
>> >Brothers." (Pn News 4th january)
>> >Exactly same sort of error.
>> Yes, but naturally, I'll be retracting that error and apologising for
>> it. I want PN to remain as the best and most accurate news service
>> about the Prodigy, so a correction is imminent.
>just out of curiousity, why do you always keep pointing out how 'your
>newsservice is the best' etc, instead of letting its quality speak for
>itself?

Because the so-called 'competition' are cheating? Just a thought.

>Cause if it was really that good then people would know that by
>themselves and you wouldnt need keep telling them.

I'm not exactly wearing my keyboard out - it's a sig.

>> >whats the contrast?
>> Buzzin, jumping, cheering... and then... well...
>...a guy annoyed the security by making a salto on stage
>whats the question again?

"salto"? Is this broken English for "an assault"?

>> >like, errm, you?
>> Just one of a few, yes.
>how come you claim to know so much about me?

Define "so much"!

>is there anthing I should know, are there any secret cameras installed in
>my flat?

No idea. Are you a Big Brother contestant?

>or how else can you know EVERYTHING about me?

Woah, who exactly is claiming they know "EVERYTHING" about you?

>actually the only time I ever had a backstage pass for a Prodigy gig /Liam
>DJ set was at the Sofia gig.

I guess that "only backstage pass" has to sit on your mantlepiece with
your other "only" backstage passes, like Homelands Scotland and
Resolution. Keep collecting these limited-edition "only" backstage
passes.

>other times i never had a 'backstage pass', just some photo or presspasses.

That, er, got you backstage. Ahem!

>A photo- or press pass doesnt let you go backstage at all! (or imagine what
>would happen if all journalists would be able to invade the artists
>dressingrooms!) Generally they just give you access to a designated
>'guestarea' where all the journalists and record company people are hanging
>out.

And you have obtained every one of these in a honest way, haven't you?
(I've got the answer written here on my card, folks)

>oh, and i got them through completely honest means,

LOL... I do have a memory of what you said at Edinburgh, Neko.

>> >yes, how would it work otherwise?
>> I'm disappointed in you Neko. That's definitely in contrast to what
>> you personally said to me in 1999 in Edinburgh.
>hmmm, Edinburgh, 99
>Homelands festival
>I had a photopass AND a guestpass, so I was nice enough to give my guestpass
>to Peter Thomas so he could go into the guest area, too.

True.

>Oh, how unhonest of me!

But how did you get it?

>Back then you seemed to be quite grateful for that,

What's the name of that guy who let you and Juliette stay round his
house for the night after the Bug Jam festival?

>but now, it seems, you
>have to use it in your weak 'lets try to spread some lies about neko to
>become more popular' attempts

I haven't spread any lies about you. You have failed to come up with
any examples of these mythical "lies" that I have supposed to have
spread.

>quite sad, isnt it? I do you a favour and you are using it against me

I've done you favours too.

>> Not the first time you've just outright denied your real-life actions.
>> >that is way below the beltline and a complete lie
>> That is a question and hence, not a complete lie. Or even a slight
>> lie. Or a lie at all.
>Its a lie

No. Show me where any untruth is stated in :

"Ask her about her job in the UK, is that totally legal?"

>and (I repeat) completely below the beltline

No, it's a valid question about your (lack of) honesty.

Why are you so paranoid about it?

>> >I am Swiss and not allowed to work in England without a work permit. I am
>at
>> >the moment a full-time student at London Guildhall University and I have
>> >student visa for England that is valid until 2003. with this visa I am
>> >allowed to live and study in England until 2003, also I am allowed to
>work
>> >up to 20hours per week during term time and 40h during vacation.
>> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.
>oh?? 'its been said about me'? by whom? by 'some guy from ICQ'?

Oh, he's on ICQ, but this was said to me personally, in real life.

>hmmm, I wonder who is this 'friend' of yours who claims to know more about
>me than I do myself!!

Keep wondering.

>> >sorry to everyone who came here to read about The Prodigy ...
>> Why not say say sorry to everyone who wanted truthful Prodigy stories?
>why not say sorry to everyone who is tired of all those stupid flame wars
>constantly cause by Pete's weak and pointless attacks?

Funny you should call my "attacks" "weak and pointless", when you've
used several untruths and you avoid admitting that you're wrong.

>> >same member who told me that you kept following him around at the Rock
>just
>> >to tell him you're wearing a Prodigy shirt?
>> Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?
>thats what we were wondering too!

Looks like we're all wondering. Next time, come up with a better lie,
something at least sounds convincing.

>> Who's the ProCON member who completely made up a story in front of...
>> ahem... despite the fact that his girlfriend had witnessed... ahem...
>> Sorry, that's too juicy to use here.
>cant be anything behind it then,

Just an example of how you have done a "black is white"-style bullshit
in real life. So it's not only the internet that's graced with this.

>you've gone as low as possible already

Asking a valid question is "low as possible"? LOL!

>> >funny then that you copy stuff from that 'terrible service'
>> Please tell me, how do I copy stuff for the edition of PN News, from
>> the edition of ProCON which emerged AFTER PN News?
>it has happened in previous issues

Look at the question again, and observe how the laws of time and space
contradict your answer.

>oh, btw, tell me again how you found out about that there wasnt too much
>crowdreaction to Liam's DJ set at the Madonna gig

Oh dear. Best to humour her... there's this small and really tiny
company called Microsoft, who announced they would be streaming the
event over on the "internet" (a worldwide communications network of
computers, I believe).

>and how come you found his
>DJ set there dissapointing although you weren't there?

Let's see... Not for the general public, with tickets going for £1,400
and Liam selling out his principles by DJing alongside some pop-stars.

>anyway, any further reply will be sent directly to Pete in an attempt to
>make this NG a bit 'cleaner'.

If it means less of your lies, great.

>anyone else who has read until here and is confused or requiring further
>info (or maybe a scan of my permit to live and work in the UK???? ;) )

Yeah, scans can never ever be altered to show something different.

Er...

I'd like to retract... :)

Peter Thomas

9 Jan 2001, 16:01:4109/01/2001
On Tue, 09 Jan 2001 00:42:32 GMT, "SP" <s...@sp.sp> wrote:

>> quite funny your little 'lets make people think Prodigy's management
>> completely hate neko'-action.
>What, even though Mike Champion wrote in your guestbook and the XL web site
>hooked up you in their links?

Don't forget the CHRISTMAS CARD!

>I think you're prefered by XL/Mike over Peter Thomas,

...said noted XL/Midi insider Sasha Petef, who, er, lives at least
3,000 miles away from XL Recordings and Midi, and erm... welll...

>who IIRC was told to
>chill out regarding his zealous fan-hood of the Prodigy, Liam said "Yeah
>Prodge I think you're a little too into it" or something along those
>lines..hehehe.

Oh look, someone who fell for the "Liam chat" hoax and still believes
it!

Ivan Vukovic

9 Jan 2001, 18:33:5009/01/2001
SP wrote:

> I think you're prefered by XL/Mike over Peter Thomas, who IIRC was told to
> chill out regarding his zealous fan-hood of the Prodigy, Liam said "Yeah
> Prodge I think you're a little too into it" or something along those
> lines..hehehe.

That was Pete himself doing a rather cruel "Prodigy chat" on the billboard.
Quite sad really. Sorry you fell for it...

--
Ivan Vukovic
e-mail: iv...@orcon.net.nz

pyrotek

9 Jan 2001, 19:42:4309/01/2001

Ivan Vukovic wrote in message <3A5B9FDE...@orcon.net.nz>...

I personally thought it was quite funny.

Pyrotek

Ivan Vukovic

9 Jan 2001, 21:37:4409/01/2001
pyrotek wrote:

> Ivan Vukovic wrote in message <3A5B9FDE...@orcon.net.nz>...

> >That was Pete himself doing a rather cruel "Prodigy chat" on the billboard.
> >Quite sad really. Sorry you fell for it...
> >--
> >Ivan Vukovic
> I personally thought it was quite funny.

It was mostly directed to the "I love you Keef!" & "Prodigy rulz!!!"
teenyboppers but it's quite sad as some real fans there also fell for it...

--
Ivan Vukovic
e-mail: iv...@orcon.net.nz

Kotta

9 Jan 2001, 21:53:4809/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote:
> "IF YOU CAN'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DAMN SUCCESS THEN REACT SOME OTHER
> DAMN WAY, LIKE BANGING YOUR FISTS ON THE TABLE!!

You should take that advice yourself, Pete, the next time you feel the urge
to sling dirt at someone for their efforts on the net.

> DISGRUNTLED PRODIGY NEXUS FAN (ON BEHALF OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER PRODIGY
> SITE FANS)"

What is it you usually say about people who write in caps or speak for
thousands of others Pete?

Kotta

9 Jan 2001, 23:43:4809/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote:
> >Was it "Nekonews is complete bollocks"?
> He said Neko's news report is "complete bollocks"

Thank you.

Mike's never said that neko's newsservice is bollocks or that ProCON is
bollocks. Only that a certain news story was bollocks according to him,
please remember that.

> >Or was it perhaps "ProCON is complete bollocks"?
> He'd be right to use that now, but ProCON didn't exist back then.

That's your opinion.
I sincerely doubt that Mike would use such wording to describe ProCON.

> >Anyone who bought rail-tickets should take it up with the club
organizers.
> >Those were the ones who announced it all. Not nekonews.
> Nekonews never announced that it Liam's appearance was supposedly
> "confirmed" there? I beg to differ, see this quote:
> "So Liam's next confirmed DJ date is 26th February 2000 in Sheffield
> UK!!" - Nekonews.

But you forgot this:
"One Man Army" writes:
Liam Howlett is advertised about two or three pages in as playing at the
"Bed" club in Sheffield..."
and
"Gatecrasher has announced full details of Bed... ...from the likes of Liam
Howlett and Freq Nasty."

Reports, nothing else.

And then this was reported to clear everything up:
"I myself have contacted the promoter of the club THE BED and
he assured me that the DJ date of Liam Howlett at the BED would be
happening, just a bit delayed."

See, confirmed by the promoter.

"However, then I called Midi Mangement today, and they were saying that
there would be no DJ dates at all anymore"

There, all cleared up.

Now drop it Pete, it's old and it's cleared up and, in case you haven't
noticed, nekonews does not exist anymore.

Kotta

10 Jan 2001, 00:51:4810/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote:
> >'someone who knows', lol
> >the only persons who have got the subscribers lists of ProCON are Kotta
and
> >me. No one else has got them.
> I'm meant to take YOUR word on this?

Yes.

> >Since Kotta has been 1 week on vacation I
> >remain the only person who would know it and I dont remember having
> >discussed ProCON's subscribers with you.
> You haven't. Someone else has.

Who?

> >so, there's a LIE!
> A lie when you say "1850", because it's more around the 1,100 mark. It
> peaked at 1,300, but that's down to the 'dead' addresses that were
> left in at that time.

LOL!
I hope your joking cause it would be very dense of you to try to pass away
something that you have absolutely no clue of as a fact. (Cause that's what
you are doing here)
I can assure you that whoever told you this has never seen our subscriber
lists.
Who told you that anyway? You should ask that person from who, where and how
he got that information. Sounds to me like he's talking about an entirely
different mailinglist.

> >he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,
> That's STILL bad - to have ANY of your own work labelled as "complete
> bollocks" by the Prodigy manager. I'd give up if that were me.

Lol, you sure give up easy then.

> >he still just labelled the content of the report and not the newsservice,
> >since he didn't know the newsservice
> Oh, so it's okay to have the content of your news report labelled as
> "complete bollocks" by Prodigy's manager? Silly me! There was I
> thinking it meant something bad for you...

If that part really was complete bollocks then what's so bad about it.
Btw, what story was it exactly that he labelled that?

> >> I didn't say there wouldn't be. But, judging on your past, I don't see
> >> it likely. I have NEVER seen you retract any of the numerous mistakes
> >> in your piss-poor news service.
> >oh, another lie!
> Right, you're the judge of what *I* have seen in your piss-poor news
> service?

<sigh>
That was one the lame comeback.

> >there's been a retraction in all the text versions of ProCON #12 because
of
> >an error made in the text version of ProCON #11
> Now prove that *I* saw that.

Jeez Pete, if your going to accuse neko of never retracting stuff you should
at least read what she writes thoroughly. Otherwise you have no base for you
claims.
Just admit that you missed that one instead of falling back of the
technicality of you having an *I* in the statement as a safety net.

> >> Yes, so?
> >> This does not alter the, um, UNALTERABLE FACT, that Sharky was
> >> actually the first departure from Prodigy.
> >simply stop whining about it now
> Well, let's see a retraction and an apology to your diminishing
> audience of readers.

I just now saw a quote from Keith saying something like "Prodigy has always
been a 4-piece".
I think that settles the issue.

Btw, diminishing? On what observation to you base that?

> Go on, put your swollen ego aside for just a moment, and say sorry to
> everyone who had to put up with that bullshit. Go on, retract the
> error.

No can do. Nekonews is no more.

> Don't just complain about me pointing it out, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Btw, what's in it for you Pete?

> >> LOL!
> >> 1974-2001 = 27 years.
> >> I'm not 27 years old yet.
> >well, look at your mathematics from above then
> You obviously don't get the point.
> Anyway, the official press release said "nine years".

The official Keith Flint said "4 members".

> >> I know. I've made a blunder myself in the latest PN, which of course,
> >> will be retracted and apologised for. That's what PN subscribers
> >> expect.
> >i dont know about you, but when i go to see Liam DJing I go there mainly
as
> >a fan and I try to enjoy the set and the music he plays.
> Ditto.

Pete, did you catch every track in Liam's DJ set?

> >just out of curiousity, why do you always keep pointing out how 'your
> >newsservice is the best' etc, instead of letting its quality speak for
> >itself?
> Because the so-called 'competition' are cheating? Just a thought.

No seriously, why?

> >> Buzzin, jumping, cheering... and then... well...
> >...a guy annoyed the security by making a salto on stage
> >whats the question again?
> "salto"? Is this broken English for "an assault"?

Actually I think "somersault" would be the appropriate english word.
"Saltomortal" and "salto" might perhaps be words that exist in both Swedish
and German (or whatever neko's native language is) but not in the English
language. Correct me if I'm wrong.

> >oh, btw, tell me again how you found out about that there wasnt too much
> >crowdreaction to Liam's DJ set at the Madonna gig
> Oh dear. Best to humour her... there's this small and really tiny
> company called Microsoft, who announced they would be streaming the
> event over on the "internet" (a worldwide communications network of
> computers, I believe).

And if I'm not mistaken they streamed about 5 minutes of the beginning of
the set. Am I not right?

Kotta

10 Jan 2001, 00:16:5010/01/2001
Peter Thomas wrote:
> >> I've heard truer tales about the real figure from someone who knows.
> >Um, and who would that be then?
> "Can I join PN?"

Sounds like a recent joke Spence made.

How come you think he knows anything about that when he's a reporter and has
nothing to do with the maintanance of the list?

In case you did not know only two people in ProCON deal with the subscriber
lists, me and neko. Spence has never seen them. Looking at my ICQ log I can
see that on the 25th of october I told him that we would soon be passing
1500 subscribers. I'm not sure if neko has told him a more exact count later
than that date. In any case, whatever he's told you about the amount of
subscribers is an approximate from his side since he has no access to those
lists. I myself haven't seen an updated lists in a couple of weeks since
I've been away, but the last count I made on the 14th of December ended up
at 1760. I know for a fact that the past 2 days we've had 25 new
subscriptions so 1850 might even be passed by now. I'll find out tomorrow
when I get updated subscriber lists from neko. I'll let you know an exact
count then if you must.

> >> Hmm, this is in contrast to what's been said about you.
> >So what?
> >You could be a drug dealer and neko a car thief for all I care.
> Certain drug deals don't harm anyone. I've never dealt drugs to
> people, but I've organised a meeting between two like-minded friends,
> in order to buy/sell some nice weed. I wouldn't get involved in any
> hard drug shit, like smack, coke, E's, or crack, etc. Too much risk.

IYO.
IMO too, but many people think drugs are far worse than other crimes.

> As for car theft, well, that's left for scum really.

I know that you are a bit selective when it comes to what's a crime or
what's not.
But let me remind you that your moral beliefs does not make certain crimes
less of a crime. If you accuse someone for illegal activites you shouldn't
be involved in any illegal activities yourself cause that makes you a
hypocrite.

> >I'd still read the Prodigy news.
> From an honest car thief, eh?

From anyone who reports good prodigy news.

> >> Now there is a complete lie! Why would I want to do such a thing?
> >Maybe to tell him you were wearing a Prodigy shirt.
> How many seconds does that take up then?

Depends on the size of the venue, the crowd, the sound levels etc...
But maybe you were also looking for company.

> >"Terrible factual inaccuracies" huh?
> Yes, the ones I brought up in this thread.

I've seen nothing that can be counted as a "terrible innacuracy" I'm afraid.
Apparently Liam didn't really start his set with tha Rage track but with
some ambient type intro track which neko missed. I think calling that a
"terrible innacuracy" is making a hen out of a feather.

> >> I bet they were very grateful to obtain a commercially available track
> >> which should not have been there.
> >I bet that makes Sentinel more of a pirate than you Pete?
> Well, duh!

What?
Does that make him more of a pirate than you?

> >You shouldn't accuse people of supporting piracy when you clearly do that
> >yourself.
> I'm accusing him of distributing a commercially available Prodigy
> track, actually.

Ok fine.
But you've done it as well so you accusing him of that seems a bit
hypocritical to me.

> >Cause in case you didn't know already: publishing music on the web which
you
> >do not own the rights to = piracy.
> You will of course be informing your ProCON colleagues of that fact,
> won't you?

Oh, I'm pretty sure they all know that.
I do too, but since I still occasionally publish stuff 'illegaly' it would
make me look like a hypocrite if I was to complain about that.

adoran

10 Jan 2001, 03:42:3110/01/2001
>Certain drug deals don't harm anyone. I've never dealt drugs to
>people, but I've organised a meeting between two like-minded friends,
>in order to buy/sell some nice weed. I wouldn't get involved in any
>hard drug shit, like smack, coke, E's, or crack, etc. Too much risk.

Too much risk Peter ?? you have no moral objection to "hard drug shit" ??
you just think it's "too much risk" ?? so by inference then if it were
completely safe to do so, you would ??

Christ.

dimf...@my-deja.com

10 Jan 2001, 07:25:1010/01/2001
In article <3A5B9FDE...@orcon.net.nz>,

Ivan Vukovic <iv...@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> SP wrote:
>
> > I think you're prefered by XL/Mike over Peter Thomas, who IIRC was
told to
> > chill out regarding his zealous fan-hood of the Prodigy, Liam
said "Yeah
> > Prodge I think you're a little too into it" or something along those
> > lines..hehehe.
>
> That was Pete himself doing a rather cruel "Prodigy chat" on the
billboard.
> Quite sad really. Sorry you fell for it...

RATFLMAO @ SP.

SP

10 Jan 2001, 10:26:4110/01/2001

> Oh look, someone who fell for the "Liam chat" hoax and still believes
> it!

It was on the Acid Prodigy Site, which belonged to you, pooky.

Peter Thomas

10 Jan 2001, 12:41:5110/01/2001
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 03:53:48 +0100, "Kotta"
<ko...@ATEMYHAMSTERhome.se> wrote:

>Peter Thomas wrote:
>> "IF YOU CAN'T TAKE SOMEONE ELSES DAMN SUCCESS THEN REACT SOME OTHER
>> DAMN WAY, LIKE BANGING YOUR FISTS ON THE TABLE!!
>You should take that advice yourself, Pete, the next time you feel the urge
>to sling dirt at someone for their efforts on the net.

Is "dirt" Swedish for "truth" then?

>> DISGRUNTLED PRODIGY NEXUS FAN (ON BEHALF OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER PRODIGY
>> SITE FANS)"
>What is it you usually say about people who write in caps or speak for
>thousands of others Pete?

I usually say "don't type in caps".

BTW, the vast majority of e-mails about Rob's site were in normal
upper/lower case anyway.

It's loading more messages.