Prince vs Warner Chappell Publishing

1 view

Bart Van Hemelen

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
http://www.npgonlineltd.com/paisleynews.html

#########################

NO MORE

Every album recorded since Emancipation, Warner Chappell Publishing
was raking greenleaves in, but no more. Shall we dance?

#########################

Shortsighted as ever... I suggest Prince follows the suggestions from
his advisers, and renews his contract with Warner, since they've
handled this part of his career very well. Wanna bet he goes for the
biggest offer out there, and later starts complaining about there
being stuff in his new contract that he doesn't agree with? (Or even
funnier: Prince who starts handling his music publishing himself...)

From the latest Uptown ( # 42):

Publishing negotiations

O(+>’s deal with Warner Chappell Publishing has expired and
negotiations have started. According to our sources, O(+> has
expressed interest in switching to EMI but his advisors argue that he
should stay with Warner Chappell as they have done a fantastic job.
The value of his publishing is estimated at $40 million.

http://www.warnerchappell.com/ for info on WC... Evil, aren't they?

JonCook2000

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Bart,
as always your comments fill this newsgroup with classy, funny little remarks.

We Love You.

Lulu Roman

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
>http://www.warnerchappell.com/ for info on WC... Evil, aren't they?

I interned for them, and because they didn't give me a job, yes they are evil.
Although the Christmas Party was fun.

And all those "Number One" parties.

Lee
I recorded an entire album on May 21st.