movie star

hippocrocamoose

Jun 30, 2001, 3:35:18 PM6/30/01
is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox ?

Aerogram

Jun 30, 2001, 3:36:47 PM6/30/01
Didn't Prince say "Imagine how Morris Days would sound" or someithing like
that? --
______________________________
>Got any ideas?<
______________________________
"hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

hippocrocamoose

Jun 30, 2001, 3:44:24 PM6/30/01

"Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Didn't Prince say "Imagine how Morris Days would sound" or someithing like
> that? --

in the CB booklet yes, (but prince SAYS alot of things lol) it aslso goes
on to say - that's who it was written for - the time

ahh well here's hoping

Roy Lumsden

Jun 30, 2001, 9:54:10 PM6/30/01
eye was dreamin' when eye wrote this... 4give me if it goes astray...

mayB if the proof of Morris Day recording again at Paisley, i.e. Murph Drag
on NPG Ahdio, then Prince and Morris might un-shelf the Corporate World
album that included Murph Drag, 9 Lives, Corporate World, and just mayB a
version of Moviestar w/ Morris on vox (u never know!) and mayB as hidden
trax Grace and Tricky

Morris at PP again - it could b interesting

Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic and b one of The Rainbow Children

R L

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jun 30, 2001, 10:52:28 PM6/30/01
Learn to write you Princefagg. We speak english here.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker
"Roy Lumsden" <rlum...@i-c.net> wrote in message

David Platt

Jul 1, 2001, 8:45:08 AM7/1/01

--On Sunday, July 01, 2001 2:52 AM +0000 "Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay
HOMO" <ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Learn to write you Princefagg. We speak english here.

Que?

Aerogram

Jul 1, 2001, 10:29:21 AM7/1/01
> > Learn to write you Princefagg. We speak english here.

He reminds me of a three-legged pit-bull defending his imaginary territory.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________
"David Platt" <dpl...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 1, 2001, 11:09:31 AM7/1/01
On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:35:18 +0100, "hippocrocamoose"
<Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told alt.music.prince the following
on the subject "movie star":

>is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox ?

No there isn't. And I know why.

--
Bart Van Hemelen
http://pr1nc3.com/BVH/
"Room 101", BBC 2, January 19, 2001

Jul 1, 2001, 11:13:16 AM7/1/01

> No there isn't. And I know why.

buon per te.

f.

Aerogram

Jul 1, 2001, 11:40:03 AM7/1/01
Don't hold back mysteriously like that. Spit it out.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

thefreak

Jul 1, 2001, 11:52:26 AM7/1/01
>"hippocrocamoose"
><Richard@

>is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox ?

>From: Bart Van Hemelen

>No there isn't. And I know why.

What a dip shit. "I know the answer and Im keepin it all to myself"--its
not the fact that you have the info or whatever but that you have to STATE it
lol. Feel better Barty poo?

"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die..so let me
live my life....like I want to"-Jimi, Ifsixwuz9
"Im a real WILD child"-Iggy
"You must be trippin' on some of that Voodoo I been throwin' down"-Afghan Whigs
ICQ#18984002

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 1, 2001, 12:13:11 PM7/1/01
He's such an ego maniac. He WANTS people to "beg" him for the reason. Who
gives a fuck why there isn't a version of that. There probably never will
be. Deal with it.

www.uptown.se/why_i'm_in_the_know/please+beg?=ME

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out my radio show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

thefreak

Jul 1, 2001, 12:20:11 PM7/1/01
>From: "Ernest

>He's such an ego maniac. He WANTS people to "beg" him for the reason. Who
>gives a fuck why there isn't a version of that. There probably never will
>be. Deal with it.

Actually I think its more of a"'you guys were mean to me and talking bad
about me like I do to others but I cant take it so Im not gonna let you play
with my toys" kinda thing lol. And he is supposed to be this so called god
bwahahaha.

>Who
>gives a fuck why there isn't a version of that.

I know.woops there I go looking for your pat on the back again bwahaha

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 1, 2001, 12:42:31 PM7/1/01
On Sun, 01 Jul 2001 15:40:03 GMT, "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com>
told alt.music.prince the following on the subject "Re: movie star":

>> >is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox
>?
>>
>> No there isn't. And I know why.
>

>Don't hold back mysteriously like that. Spit it out.

Everyone who replies with similar comments to my post proves himself
to be a total loser, almost as big a loser as the wannabe who posted
the question in the first place.

The background to "Movie Star" was discussed AT LENGTH when CB
appeared. Enough hints?

Aerogram

Jul 1, 2001, 1:14:09 PM7/1/01
You are exasperating. I and many others weren't here three years ago.
Furthermore, maybe I don't feel like reading 40 posts just to have an answer
to such a trivial question.

Every time you act like all Prince matters should be treated with the
respect reserved to historical constitutional papers, you show what an
extremist you are.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________
"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

hippocrocamoose

Jul 1, 2001, 5:07:42 PM7/1/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 20:35:18 +0100, "hippocrocamoose"
> <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told alt.music.prince the following
> on the subject "movie star":
>
> >is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox
?

> No there isn't. And I know why.

then please enlighten us/me as to why - or don't fucking bother replying to
my post in the first place (u know something about prince i don't, whoopty
doo) whats with the (internet only i'll bet) superiority complex

and don't come back with any bullshit about that not being what i asked -
WTF is the point in giving half arsed answers - which is what you bitch as
prince for most of the time (ie doing things half arsed)

hippocrocamoose

Jul 1, 2001, 5:12:27 PM7/1/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenthousa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Everyone who replies with similar comments to my post proves himself
> to be a total loser, almost as big a loser as the wannabe who posted
> the question in the first place.

and what do you think i wanna be ? a prince expert like you HAHAHAHAHA i
think not.

> The background to "Movie Star" was discussed AT LENGTH when CB
> appeared. Enough hints?

so ? now i want to talk about it some more if you don't then why even
reply to my post ?
i don't care enough to spend more than 1min posting to this ng why would i
want to go on a scavenger hunt to dig up old posts....
see that window over there? you can use a door and enter a whole new world

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 2, 2001, 3:44:50 AM7/2/01
Here's what "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> told "alt.music.prince"
on Sun, 01 Jul 2001 17:14:09 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>You are exasperating. I and many others weren't here three years ago.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Look around, notice that thread with "search
google.com for your first post"? DO YOU NEED MORE HINTS?

HiRizeBear

Jul 2, 2001, 3:58:48 AM7/2/01
>From: "hippocrocamoose"

>whats with the (internet only i'll bet) superiority complex

i suspect small penis syndrome

HiRize
http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 2, 2001, 4:02:26 AM7/2/01
Here's what "hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told
"alt.music.prince" on Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:07:42 +0100 on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> >is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on vox
>?
>>
>> No there isn't. And I know why.
>
>then please enlighten us/me as to why - or don't fucking bother replying to
>my post in the first place (u know something about prince i don't, whoopty
>doo) whats with the (internet only i'll bet) superiority complex
>
>and don't come back with any bullshit about that not being what i asked -
>WTF is the point in giving half arsed answers - which is what you bitch as
>prince for most of the time (ie doing things half arsed)

Okay, for all of you who apparently are TOO DUMB TO FUCK: THINK.

When was "Movie Star" recorded? 1986. When did The Time cease to exist
(or rather: when did Morris leave)? PRE-1986.

Figured it out yet? No? Still not?

NO, there is no Morris Day version. Why not? Because a) the song was
NEVER intended for a Time record, b) The Time didn't exist anymore
when it was recorded and c) the song segues into another Prince song.

http://users.ids.net/~dmsr/moviestar.html
http://users.ids.net/~dmsr/paradesessions.html
http://users.ids.net/~dmsr/df.html

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 2, 2001, 4:24:15 AM7/2/01

> NO, there is no Morris Day version. Why not? Because a) the song was
> NEVER intended for a Time record, b) The Time didn't exist anymore
> when it was recorded and c) the song segues into another Prince song.

oh bart is giving information... mh... must be a fake...

f.

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 2, 2001, 4:25:47 AM7/2/01

> OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Look around, notice that thread with "search
> google.com for your first post"? DO YOU NEED MORE HINTS?

maybe people have no time to loose in google search...
don't you?

f.

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 7:04:35 AM7/2/01
Poor me. Now I'll die without knowing.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 8:29:44 AM7/2/01
That was real weird, Bart. It's like you think everyone should now exactly
when Movie Star was recorded. I bet you 99,99999 % of all fans do not
know exactly when each song was recorded, off the top of their head anyway.

--
______________________________

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 2, 2001, 10:06:29 AM7/2/01
Bart, how many more hints do you need to know you're an asshole?

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net

Check out The Ernest Experience Radio Show on Live365.com!

http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!

**New Version 4.0 to premiere on Friday, July 13, 2001**
Hear Fourth Productions MeisterMix2001 Club Mix!
http://www.live365.com/station/260494

http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 11:20:11 AM7/2/01
According to you, I should not be asking questions that have already been
asked, even if they were answered years ago. After eight years of AMP, and
thousand upon thousand of posts, what has NOT been discussed? What can
still be discussed? New releases only? An obscure question that was
verified never to have been discussed after an extensive Goggle search?

You have got to lighten up on this whole question of information and face
the fact that you are an EXCEPTION. Very, very few people would elect to
search with Goggle when they can just ask those who are knowledgeable.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

zr

Jul 2, 2001, 1:21:36 PM7/2/01
In article <Li007.392729$eK2.79...@news4.rdc1.on.home.com>, Aerogram
<aero...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You have got to lighten up on this whole question of information and face
> the fact that you are an EXCEPTION. Very, very few people would elect to
> search with Goggle when they can just ask those who are knowledgeable.

Either that, or we just start ignoring him. Unfortunately, he is so
rude that many people won't ignore him.

zr

hippocrocamoose

Jul 2, 2001, 1:03:51 PM7/2/01
"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

> Okay, for all of you who apparently are TOO DUMB TO FUCK: THINK.

or just no obsessive

> When was "Movie Star" recorded? 1986. When did The Time cease to exist
> (or rather: when did Morris leave)? PRE-1986.

and when did the time re-exist ? did u think of that?

> Figured it out yet? No? Still not?
>
> NO, there is no Morris Day version. Why not? Because a) the song was
> NEVER intended for a Time record,

then tell prince - or whom ever wrong the CB booklet - but oh no wait - u'd
know better what prince was *thinking* (that means in his head) when he
wrote that song

b) The Time didn't exist anymore
> when it was recorded and

really - umm so who was that in GB?
and who was with prince on that RAVE in2 the year 2000 - think about it Bort
maybe there is a version with morris on vox now - the truth is YOU DONT know
for sure - pure speculation and a complex is all you have

c) the song segues into another Prince song.

joy in repitition seges from another song too - and that song wasn't on GB

so lets backtrack bort the anwer that you should have given to my question
was "as far as i know there is no version of movie star with morris on vox"

to which i would have replyed "thanx"
as it stands i dislike you more than before and WHEN i see someone at next
years celibration wearing a purple boa, shoes pants and home made NPG
jersy - not answering to the name bart i'll do my best to cave your skull in
with one of princes guitars

newpowergeneration

Jul 2, 2001, 2:12:59 PM7/2/01
Power Fantastic was recorded on 19 March 1986!*

--
|newpowergeneration
|radic...@btinternet.com
|truthangel.co.uk>
|icq#69223600
|*The fact that my birthday
|is also on 19 March is pure
|coincidence

hippocrocamoose

Jul 2, 2001, 3:49:24 PM7/2/01

"newpowergeneration" </dev/null> wrote in message

> Power Fantastic was recorded on 19 March 1986!*
> |*The fact that my birthday
> |is also on 19 March is pure
> |coincidence

my b'day is this friday - feel free to send my as my boots at you want
people

Jul 2, 2001, 4:07:03 PM7/2/01
and databank?

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 4:56:56 PM7/2/01
My birthday is today, but I will accept belated gifts.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

hippocrocamoose

Jul 2, 2001, 5:02:34 PM7/2/01

> My birthday is today, but I will accept belated gifts.

u can have this / if u like, keep it - and tresure it forever :) in fact go
on, u can have another one /

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 5:14:26 PM7/2/01
You shouldn't have...

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________
"hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

HiRizeBear

Jul 2, 2001, 6:22:01 PM7/2/01
>From: Bart Van Hemelen

>OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Look around, notice that thread with "search
>google.com for your first post"? DO YOU NEED MORE HINTS?

Bart, I hope you don't have a dog 'cuz if you do I'll bet it gets kicked a lot.
HiRize
http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Jestyr

Jul 2, 2001, 7:19:19 PM7/2/01
"newpowergeneration" </dev/null> wrote in message news:<tk1ef5e...@corp.supernews.co.uk>...
> Power Fantastic was recorded on 19 March 1986!*

Uptown claims that Movie Star was recorded in 1986. Just because it
was included on the Dream Factory tracklist. That has nothing to do
with when it was recorded and unless Uptown releases the evidence
(recording log) that it was recorded in 1986 there is no reason to
believe that it couldn't have been recorded in 1985 or earlier. The
instrumentation sure supports this. Ever compare that high flute-like
synth line to the similar synth on "Condition of The Heart"? I would
hope that Prince himself would know more about what was intended for
what than the Uptown staff (see the CB liner notes). No offence to
Uptown - I love them dearly but they are not the be all - end all of
Prince information.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 2, 2001, 9:09:40 PM7/2/01
"HiRizeBear" <hiriz...@aol.comGotCake> wrote in message

> Bart, I hope you don't have a dog 'cuz if you do I'll bet it gets kicked a
lot.
> HiRize
> http://members.aol.com/lionskin1/main.html

Or fucked.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 2, 2001, 9:33:02 PM7/2/01
"Jestyr" <jesse....@disney.com> wrote in message

> "newpowergeneration" </dev/null> wrote in message
> > Power Fantastic was recorded on 19 March 1986!*
>

> Uptown claims that Movie Star was recorded in 1986. Just because it
> was included on the Dream Factory tracklist. That has nothing to do
> with when it was recorded and unless Uptown releases the evidence
> (recording log) that it was recorded in 1986 there is no reason to
> believe that it couldn't have been recorded in 1985 or earlier.

DMSR by Per Nilsen states that first "The [studio recordings] information
has been pieced together from several sources, including studio work orders,
showing when different songs were recorded and worked on, recording session
diaries kept by some band members and engineers, Paisley Park tape library
lists, and other official documentation."

It also states that "Movie Star" was recorded in March/April of 1986, during
the March 15th - August 1986 sessions at Prince's home recording studio,
along w/ "Witness 4 The Prosecution", & "A Place In Heaven". This long
recording session bounced between his home recording studio and Sunset
Sound.

Power Fantastic was recorded on March 19th of that year, and was based on a
piano piece by Lisa Coleman entitled "Carousel". This song along w/ "And
How" were also recorded in the home studio, with "Power Fantastic" featuring
the line-up of Prince, Wendy (Bass), Lisa (piano), Bobby Z. (drums), Eric
Leeds (flute) and Matt Blistan (trumpet). Also recorded during this
recording period was "Starfish And Coffee" (April 20), "Dorothy Parker"
(March 15) (the first song recorded in his new home studio), "In A Large
Room With No Light" (May 4th), the extended portion of "Mountains" (late
March with the horn overdubs taped on April 1st), "The Cross" (July 13),
"Girl O My Dreams" (June 18), "IT" (May 11), as well as songs that ended up
on Mavis' first Paisley Park album "Time Waits For No One", Graffiti Bridge
soundtrack, Sheila E.'s third album, Nona Hendryx, Eric Leeds "Times
Squared" album, and Taja Sevelle.

>The
> instrumentation sure supports this. Ever compare that high flute-like
> synth line to the similar synth on "Condition of The Heart"? I would
> hope that Prince himself would know more about what was intended for
> what than the Uptown staff (see the CB liner notes). No offence to
> Uptown - I love them dearly but they are not the be all - end all of
> Prince information.

Aerogram

Jul 2, 2001, 11:06:30 PM7/2/01
What a run!

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO"
<ese...@DONTSPAMMEYOUMOFO.nycap.rr.com> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 4:19:50 AM7/3/01
Here's what jesse....@disney.com (Jestyr) told "alt.music.prince"
on 2 Jul 2001 16:19:19 -0700 on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>Uptown claims that Movie Star was recorded in 1986. Just because it
>was included on the Dream Factory tracklist. That has nothing to do
>with when it was recorded and unless Uptown releases the evidence
>(recording log) that it was recorded in 1986 there is no reason to
>believe that it couldn't have been recorded in 1985 or earlier. The
>instrumentation sure supports this. Ever compare that high flute-like
>synth line to the similar synth on "Condition of The Heart"? I would
>hope that Prince himself would know more about what was intended for
>what than the Uptown staff (see the CB liner notes). No offence to
>Uptown - I love them dearly but they are not the be all - end all of
>Prince information.

So lemme see: Uptown base their reports on factual evidence
(testimonies of people who WERE THERE, in the room, when it was
recorded) but you feel it is more reliable to just base your opinion
on a very vague impression or on Prince's word (which, as proven in
the past 5+ years, is worth next to nothing -- example: *Prince's
publicist* announces new Prince album in early 1998, one week later
Prince's site proclaims this is a "false rumor" and clarifies that a
new NPG album is on its way).

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 4:24:33 AM7/3/01
Here's what "hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told
"alt.music.prince" on Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:03:51 +0100 on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> When was "Movie Star" recorded? 1986. When did The Time cease to exist

>> (or rather: when did Morris leave)? PRE-1986.
>
>and when did the time re-exist ? did u think of that?

The 1989/1990 recording sessions have been discussed at length by
Uptown.

>> NO, there is no Morris Day version. Why not? Because a) the song was
>> NEVER intended for a Time record,
>
>then tell prince - or whom ever wrong the CB booklet - but oh no wait - u'd
>know better what prince was *thinking* (that means in his head) when he
>wrote that song

Prince is full of BS. There are countless examples of Prince rewriting
his past to fit his new opinions.

> b) The Time didn't exist anymore
>> when it was recorded and
>
>really - umm so who was that in GB?

Dumbass, don't you know the difference between 1986 and 1989/1990?

>and who was with prince on that RAVE in2 the year 2000 - think about it Bort
>maybe there is a version with morris on vox now

How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's
vocals on it? How many times?

> c) the song segues into another Prince song.
>
>joy in repitition seges from another song too - and that song wasn't on GB

Man, you're thick as a wall.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 4:31:53 AM7/3/01
Here's what "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> told "alt.music.prince"
on Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:29:44 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>That was real weird, Bart. It's like you think everyone should now exactly
>when Movie Star was recorded. I bet you 99,99999 % of all fans do not
>know exactly when each song was recorded, off the top of their head anyway.

Then RESEARCH it.

http://altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=%2BPrince+%2B%22Movie+Star%22

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 4:50:34 AM7/3/01
You had already cracked under the pressure, so there was no need to
reintroduce the information. But thanks anyway, you saved me a lot of
trouble.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________
"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

Joe Wright

Jul 3, 2001, 7:22:29 AM7/3/01
Why don't you RESEARCH some manners?

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 3, 2001, 8:02:12 AM7/3/01

> How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's
> vocals on it? How many times?

well bart the original question was :

"is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on
vox ?"

do u remember databank, for example?

f.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 8:44:54 AM7/3/01
Here's what fabrizio venerandi <fabrizio...@libero.it> told
"alt.music.prince" on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:02:12 GMT on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's

Yeah, so what? Was DB ever intended for a Prince album?

AFAIK all of The Time's sessions for Prince have been described at
length, years ago (except if any have happened in the past couple of
years, and I don't recall ever seeing such a thing), and the outtakes
are circulating. There is no evidence that Morris recorded a version
of "Movie Star" back in the days, and it seems highly unlikely to me
that he would do it nowadays. Moreover, despite what Prince says in
the CB liner notes (which contain several errors), there's no evidence
"Movie Star" was ever intended for The Time. It has always been a
Prince song.

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 9:18:44 AM7/3/01
Granted, Prince has not been the most straightforward person in the past,
but in trying to determine INTENTION, don't you think the AUTHOR'S word is
admissible evidence and indeed the best evidence you would ever get?

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________
"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 3, 2001, 9:27:58 AM7/3/01

> >well bart the original question was :
> >
> >"is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on
> >vox ?"
> >
> >do u remember databank, for example
>
> Yeah, so what? Was DB ever intended for a Prince album?

And moviestar are you SURE that was intended for a prince album?
WE DO NOT KNOW as PRINCE DO NOT KNOW. People make project and destroy
it. I write poems and tales, how many times I write a tale for a project
and after I use it for another one, or I give the tale to a friend for a
re-writing of it?

> are circulating. There is no evidence that Morris recorded a version

There is no evidence: ok you can not say nothing more than this.

> "Movie Star" was ever intended for The Time. It has always been a
> Prince song.

Like databank.

f.

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 9:31:16 AM7/3/01
Wait a minute... Prince only says "imagine what..."bla bla, right?. That's
notevidence of intention. However, my Crystall Ball booklet has been
destroyed so I can't say for sure.

BTW, do you know how long it's going to take me to check out just the
summary of all search results? Two or three hours.... if I speed read.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 9:50:26 AM7/3/01
Here's what fabrizio venerandi <fabrizio...@libero.it> told
"alt.music.prince" on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 13:27:58 GMT on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> Yeah, so what? Was DB ever intended for a Prince album?

>And moviestar are you SURE that was intended for a prince album?

YES. Goddammit man, it SEGUES to another Prince song!

>> "Movie Star" was never intended for The Time. It has always been a
>> Prince song.
>
>Like databank.

WRONG. Databank was merely a jam, and was never included on an album.

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 3, 2001, 9:59:38 AM7/3/01

> >And moviestar are you SURE that was intended for a prince album?
>
> YES. Goddammit man, it SEGUES to another Prince song!

ANOTHER UNRELEASED song... and if my memory do not fall there is a NON
prince singing version of Heaven!

And choccolata is not in the same session of feel u up?

> >Like databank.
>
> WRONG. Databank was merely a jam, and was never included on an album.

Databank was a jam (?) and in '89 he decided to give it to pandemonium.
So what? Do you know why he made that jam and for who? Come on.

Prince is not a pravda.

f.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 10:13:14 AM7/3/01
Here's what "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> told "alt.music.prince"
on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 13:18:44 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>Granted, Prince has not been the most straightforward person in the past,
>but in trying to determine INTENTION, don't you think the AUTHOR'S word is
>admissible evidence and indeed the best evidence you would ever get?

http://www.crystalballcd.com/discOne/MovieStar/text.gif

######################################

Movie Star - D’Angelo’s favorite bootleg. His love 4 this track
inspired its inclusion. Imagine Morris Day doin’ this! That’s who it
was written 4 - The Time.

######################################

Now, compare to this:

http://www.crystalballcd.com/discTwo/SexualSuicide/right.html

######################################

Sexual Suicide - After Sheila E. showed Prince this drum beat - he
snatched the drum sticks and pushed record in his warehouse recording
studio. The same joint where Girls & Boys was recorded. In that same
week Supercalifragisexy was cut as well. Either Wendy or Susannah are
on background vocals. Eric Leeds on all hornz. We r here - where r U?

######################################

IIRC Uptown haven't found a single piece of evidence that
"Supercalifragisexy" and "Sexual Suicide" were recorded in the same
week, and they've not only talked to the people playing on the records
and looked at the paperwork for the sessions. THAT is how reliable
Prince is.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 10:23:00 AM7/3/01
Here's what fabrizio venerandi <fabrizio...@libero.it> told
"alt.music.prince" on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 13:59:38 GMT on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> >And moviestar are you SURE that was intended for a prince album?

>> YES. Goddammit man, it SEGUES to another Prince song!
>
>ANOTHER UNRELEASED song... and if my memory do not fall there is a NON
>prince singing version of Heaven!

<sigh>

Yeah, and jeez, what album did he record it for?

http://www.uptown.se/2001/book_tiu2_exc_grooves.html

>> >Like databank.
>>
>> WRONG. Databank was merely a jam, and was never included on an album.
>
>Databank was a jam (?) and in '89 he decided to give it to pandemonium.
>So what? Do you know why he made that jam and for who? Come on.

Dude, is it SO HARD to get it through your head: the situation re
"databank" is completely different to "movie star". DB was never
included on a Prince album, was never an actual song until he recorded
it with the time. movie star was a prince song, recorded for an album
project, included on at least configuration of it, segues into another
prince song, and has been released on a prince album.

Helix

Jul 3, 2001, 10:25:18 AM7/3/01
>Subject: Re: movie star
>From: Bart Van Hemelen tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com

>IIRC Uptown haven't found a single piece of evidence that
>"Supercalifragisexy" and "Sexual Suicide" were recorded in the same
>week, and they've not only talked to the people playing on the records
>and looked at the paperwork for the sessions. THAT is how reliable
>Prince is.

The man can't even get the title of the song right, there's no question that
he's confused. (Prince, not you.)

What do the good know...except what the bad teach them by their
excesses? -Clive Barker

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 10:29:00 AM7/3/01
On the other hand, Prince's recording habits and enormous output make these
"mistakes" very easy to make. I don't think I'd be any better at
remembering past projects, although maybe I'd check whatever logs I have
before publishing info.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"Helix" <criis...@aol.complacent> wrote in message

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 10:40:36 AM7/3/01
Here's what criis...@aol.complacent (Helix) told "alt.music.prince"
on 03 Jul 2001 14:25:18 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>>IIRC Uptown haven't found a single piece of evidence that
>>"Supercalifragisexy" and "Sexual Suicide" were recorded in the same
>>week, and they've not only talked to the people playing on the records
>>and looked at the paperwork for the sessions. THAT is how reliable
>>Prince is.
>
>The man can't even get the title of the song right, there's no question that
>he's confused. (Prince, not you.)

"Supercalifragisexy"? Uhm, no, that's from another site, they'd
transcribed it incorrectly. The official site is correct. ;-)

Jul 3, 2001, 11:10:07 AM7/3/01

> <sigh>

don't cry

> Yeah, and jeez, what album did he record it for?

Dude, is it SO HARD to get it through your head: moviestar and a place
in heaven are NOT in any 80's prince's album. Maybe PRINCE think "mh...
I'll use this 4 dream factory with my voice", and after he think "mh...
I'll use this for dream factory with Lisa voice" and he think "mh... i
need a drink now" and after he think "mh... no i don't use this shit for
dream factory it is so terrible. i'll give it to morris" and after he
think "well... dream factory is a shit i think i'm going to bed". Who
really know? You? Uptown?

> >Databank was a jam (?) and in '89 he decided to give it to pandemonium.
> >So what? Do you know why he made that jam and for who? Come on.
>
> Dude, is it SO HARD to get it through your head: the situation re

my head is full of nice things. do not put in my head your word, please.

> "databank" is completely different to "movie star". DB was never
> included on a Prince album, was never an actual song until he recorded
> it with the time. movie star was a prince song, recorded for an album
> project, included on at least configuration of it, segues into another
> prince song, and has been released on a prince album.

A collection of outtakes! Come one, I'will not so surprise if in CBII
(??) I'll hear the db jam.
So, you did not answer to choccolate/feel u up paragone. It was wrong?

f.

Helix

Jul 3, 2001, 11:17:50 AM7/3/01
>Subject: Re: movie star
>From: f fabrizio....@libero.it

>So, you did not answer to choccolate/feel u up paragone. It was wrong?

What do these two songs have to do with each other?

Chocolate was not recorded for an album..

The Time released Chocolate.

Prince released Feel U Up.

It was placed on the Camille album.

Helix

Jul 3, 2001, 11:20:18 AM7/3/01
>Subject: Re: movie star
>From: Bart Van Hemelen tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com

>"Supercalifragisexy"? Uhm, no, that's from another site, they'd
>transcribed it incorrectly. The official site is correct. ;-)

Also, in the CB booket, "funky" is omitted from the title as well.

Helix

Jul 3, 2001, 11:19:44 AM7/3/01
>Subject: Re: movie star
>From: Bart Van Hemelen tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com

>"Supercalifragisexy"? Uhm, no, that's from another site, they'd

>transcribed it incorrectly. The official site is correct. ;-)

"Superfunkycalifragisexy"?

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 11:26:41 AM7/3/01
Here's what criis...@aol.complacent (Helix) told "alt.music.prince"
on 03 Jul 2001 15:19:44 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>>"Supercalifragisexy"? Uhm, no, that's from another site, they'd
>>transcribed it incorrectly. The official site is correct. ;-)
>
>"Superfunkycalifragisexy"?

http://www.crystalballcd.com/discTwo/SexualSuicide/right.html

hippocrocamoose

Jul 3, 2001, 9:17:17 AM7/3/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message
>Moreover, despite what Prince says in
> the CB liner notes (which contain several errors), there's no evidence
> "Movie Star" was ever intended for The Time. It has always been a
> Prince song.

he could have wrote it for morris but changed his mid because he liked it
himself.
there is no way to get any evidence for what was happening in princes head
while he was writing a song - all uptown can do is tell us what prince told
people arround him.

just like when your in a room with someone (this obviously hasn't happend
with you in a long time) you can say one thing and think another - thats
what you don't seem to understand - and god knows prince does it alot

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 11:27:36 AM7/3/01
Here's what criis...@aol.complacent (Helix) told "alt.music.prince"
on 03 Jul 2001 15:20:18 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>>"Supercalifragisexy"? Uhm, no, that's from another site, they'd
>>transcribed it incorrectly. The official site is correct. ;-)
>
>Also, in the CB booket, "funky" is omitted from the title as well.

Then they've corrected it. ;-)

hippocrocamoose

Jul 3, 2001, 9:18:07 AM7/3/01

"Bart Van Hemelen" <tenth...@yahoo.SPAMSUCKS.com> wrote in message

> Here's what "Aerogram" <aero...@hotmail.com> told "alt.music.prince"
> on Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:29:44 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":
>
> >That was real weird, Bart. It's like you think everyone should now
exactly
> >when Movie Star was recorded. I bet you 99,99999 % of all fans do
not
> >know exactly when each song was recorded, off the top of their head
anyway.

> Then RESEARCH it.
>
> http://altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=%2BPrince+%2B%22Movie+Star%22

why ? there are plenty of people here who are willing to talk about it even
if you're not

hippocrocamoose

Jul 3, 2001, 9:11:41 AM7/3/01

> > b) The Time didn't exist anymore
> >> when it was recorded and
> >
> >really - umm so who was that in GB?
>
> Dumbass, don't you know the difference between 1986 and 1989/1990?

yes i do, so are you saying that there is not even a chance that in 89 the
time recorded moviestar ? (fact you don't know for sure) like i said all
you had to say was there isn't one circulating

> >and who was with prince on that RAVE in2 the year 2000 - think about it
Bort
> >maybe there is a version with morris on vox now
>
> How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's
> vocals on it? How many times?

......do you mean like nothing compares to you ? (plus i never said
anything about it being "released" i just said is there one

> > c) the song segues into another Prince song.
> >
> >joy in repitition seges from another song too - and that song wasn't on
GB

> Man, you're thick as a wall.

the song that it seges FROM bort - and i'm not think i just don't read
EVERYTHING published about prince - you're the stupid mf if you think you
can tell how intelegent someone is by what they know on prince

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 11:29:13 AM7/3/01
Here's what f <fabrizio....@libero.it> told "alt.music.prince"
on Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:10:07 GMT on the subject of "Re: movie star":

>> Yeah, and jeez, what album did he record it for?
>
>Dude, is it SO HARD to get it through your head: moviestar and a place
>in heaven are NOT in any 80's prince's album. Maybe PRINCE think "mh...
>I'll use this 4 dream factory with my voice", and after he think "mh...
>I'll use this for dream factory with Lisa voice" and he think "mh... i
>need a drink now" and after he think "mh... no i don't use this shit for
>dream factory it is so terrible. i'll give it to morris" and after he
>think "well... dream factory is a shit i think i'm going to bed". Who
>really know? You? Uptown?

Dude, how about you stop making up crap and just look at the
*evidence*.

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 11:51:47 AM7/3/01
Here's what "hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told
"alt.music.prince" on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:17:17 +0100 on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>>Moreover, despite what Prince says in

>> the CB liner notes (which contain several errors), there's no evidence
>> "Movie Star" was ever intended for The Time. It has always been a
>> Prince song.
>
>he could have wrote it for morris

Not only are you illiterate, but also not smart at all. Here's an
idea: how do you think Prince felt about Morris in 1986?

Bart Van Hemelen

Jul 3, 2001, 11:55:45 AM7/3/01
Here's what "hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told
"alt.music.prince" on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:11:41 +0100 on the subject of
"Re: movie star":

>> > b) The Time didn't exist anymore

>> >really - umm so who was that in GB?
>>
>> Dumbass, don't you know the difference between 1986 and 1989/1990?
>
>yes i do, so are you saying that there is not even a chance that in 89 the
>time recorded moviestar ?

Considering that we know almost every detail of these sessions and
that almost everything from it is circulating in perfect condition...

>(fact you don't know for sure) like i said all
>you had to say was there isn't one circulating

Dude, there ain't one. What is so fucking difficult to understand
about this. There isn't a shred of evidence to support the theory that
there is, all the evidence points to there not being one.

>> >and who was with prince on that RAVE in2 the year 2000 - think about it
>Bort
>> >maybe there is a version with morris on vox now
>>
>> How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's
>> vocals on it? How many times?
>
>......do you mean like nothing compares to you ?

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Which one was first?

>> > c) the song segues into another Prince song.
>> >
>> >joy in repitition seges from another song too - and that song wasn't on
>GB
>>
>> Man, you're thick as a wall.
>
>the song that it seges FROM bort - and i'm not think i just don't read
>EVERYTHING published about prince - you're the stupid mf if you think you
>can tell how intelegent someone is by what they know on prince

And WHICH SONG does it segue from? Hint: it's a PRINCE song, not a
TIME song.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 3, 2001, 12:40:02 PM7/3/01
July 8 - August 1985 sessions

Girls and Boys - recorded July 8, 1985
Sexual Suicde - recorded August 10, 1985

Songs between these two dates are:
Love or Money - July 9
Neon Telephone - July 10
Do U Lie? - July 14
God Is Everywhere - July
Alexa De Paris - July
(U Got The) Good Drawers - July 25
The Question of U - late July (although somewhat updated in 1987, the basic
tracks of this particular recording were used on the Graffiti Bridge album
version)
Call Of The Wild - late July
Splash - August 1
Empty Room - August 4

also:
Go - August
My Sex - August

Wendy and Susannah Melvoin's brother Jonathan played drums on "Do U Lie?",
and Sheila E. on "Venus De Milo" and "Alexa De Paris". "U Got The Good
Drawers" was a live jam w/ Eric Leeds (sax), Susannah Melvoin (keyboards)
and H.BM. Bennett (drums). "Empty Room" was taped live w/ several
Revolution members. Prince recorded a new version of the song in 1992 for
"I'll Do Anything" soundtrack, and also revamped the original recording in
1994. "My Sex" was intended for Jill Jones' album; at one point, it was
going to be the title track. "Mia Bocca", "G-Spot", "Baby, You're A Trip"
were also worked on for Jill's album during the summer of 1985.

August 16th, Prince left for France to shoot UTCM. Lisa and Wendy did some
work at Advision Studios in London in late Oct. and early Nov on "New
Position", "Sexual Suicide". The also recorded two instrumentals, "It's For
You", and an untitled piece that later became "Mountains". This whole
session took place in the Washington warehouse.

Now.....during the Sept 13 - December 26 1986 sessions
"Superfunkycalifragisexy" is listed as being recorded in September (exact
date not known). This was recorded in his home studio.

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 3, 2001, 12:52:00 PM7/3/01
"fabrizio venerandi" <fabrizio...@libero.it> wrote in message

> > >do u remember databank, for example

Databank was originally a jam, not necessarily a structured song. The
version of "Databank" on Pandemonium is not very near the early version.

> > Yeah, so what? Was DB ever intended for a Prince album?

A lot of things Prince records aren't always intended for an album. He
records because.......oh nevermind.

> > And moviestar are you SURE that was intended for a prince album?

Yes you douchebag. It was intended for Dream Factory. A newer version of
Dream Factory compiled on June 3rd, 1986 was a 4 record set. Side Four (in
order) was listed as "Last Heart", "Witness 4 The Prosectuion", "Movie
Star", "A Place In Heaven" and "All My Dreams".

The final sequence of Dream Factory was completed on July 18th. It included
Side Four as being: "The Cross", "Last Heart", "Witness 4 The Prosectuion",
"Movie Star", "All My Dreams". The Dream Factory project was aborted when
Lisa and Wendy announce they wanted to leave. the 18 song, 4 sided set was
broken down what is now known as Sign O The Times CD.

> WE DO NOT KNOW as PRINCE DO NOT KNOW. People make project and destroy
> it. I write poems and tales, how many times I write a tale for a project
> and after I use it for another one, or I give the tale to a friend for a
> re-writing of it?

You've been writing a big tale as this thread progresses.

> There is no evidence: ok you can not say nothing more than this.

Morris never recorded his vocals on "Movie Star", and wasn't even around
during this time. The Time was disbanded long ago.

thefreak

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 3, 2001, 12:58:20 PM7/3/01
People need to drop the $20 for DMSR. You can get it NOW, and not wait on
Turn It Up 2.0 and have plenty of information. That's not saying that Turn
It Up isn't packed w/ info. Just that DMSR is already out. I found it at
Barnes and Noble. I've also seen it at Borders and other places. I plan to
have both soon enough.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out The Ernest Experience Radio Show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
**New Version 4.0 to premiere on Friday, July 13, 2001**
Hear Fourth Productions MeisterMix2001 Club Mix!
http://www.live365.com/station/260494
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

thefreak

Jul 3, 2001, 1:12:55 PM7/3/01
>From: "Ernest

>People need to drop the $20 for DMSR. You can get it NOW, and not wait on
>Turn It Up 2.0 and have plenty of information. That's not saying that Turn
>It Up isn't packed w/ info. Just that DMSR is already out. I found it at
>Barnes and Noble. I've also seen it at Borders and other places. I plan to
>have both soon enough.

I love DMSR too--I cant understand how anyone who is into Prince would not
have it. The shit just shatters the myth and the mystery ( which could be
a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it). You have to
appreciate the creators for making the book--I mean its a comprehensive look
at the life of Prince and especially his music. How could you not want
that? Sessions, dates etc. Things get put in perspective with this. I can see
why Prince would not like this book because it erases the enigma in a way
by allowing for info on sessions and how some music was created. But he
also should be thankful, for its a hopefully accurate chronicle on his music
that seemingly nobody else in publishing cares about. At least we have
people who are fans of his music writing about it. Shit--he probably looks
back at DMSR to shake the cobwebs from his head to remember certain
events in creating the music and when and where. I for one am glad and give
thanks to someone for documenting the music and important events...I hope
he is taking at least enough care of the vault stuff as the people who are
documenting his legacy as best as possible.

hippocrocamoose

Jul 3, 2001, 11:44:37 AM7/3/01

> Dude, how about you stop making up crap and just look at the
> *evidence*.

because not everything is black and white - you can't prove what someone was
THINKING.
The night when prince sat down and wrote movie star NOBODY except prince
knows why or for whom he wote that song, all we have is the book that goes
with CB
and you aregue till your blue in the face that prince didn't even write it
for the time - obviously you know best because prince only wrote the song -
open you mind for a second and stop thinking you atomatically know better
than everyone else

hippocrocamoose

Jul 3, 2001, 11:53:03 AM7/3/01

> Wait a minute... Prince only says "imagine what..."bla bla, right?. That's
> notevidence of intention. However, my Crystall Ball booklet has been
> destroyed so I can't say for sure.

it says and i quote -

"9. movie star - D'angelos faveorite bootleg. his love for this track
inspired its inclusion. imagine morris day doin' this! that's who it was
written 4 - the time."

meanwhile bort says it was not written for the time

prince says one thing about HIS song and some guy off the internet says
another - now i wonder who i'll listen to.

theres no morris vox in circulation - thats all i wanted to know, then bort
sticks his ore in and this becomes another "i know more than you na na"
thread

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 3:17:26 PM7/3/01
When the author says he wrote it for someone or some band, it's difficutl to
argue it wasn't his intent, even if the band broke off before... Things
aren't that cut and dry. Imagine Prince coming up with an idea that is best
suited for a former associate... Does he stop right there ? "No.... it's
useless... they gone...." Not necessarily. It's perfectly possible that
Prince had different writing "moods" and one of them was distinctly
Time-ish. This mood doesn't die with the band. Furthermore, he may have
entertained the notion of a reunion, which actually happened.

So there IS a shred of evidence he might have intended it for The Time
initially, even if it segues from or into one of this own songs, even if the
association is kaput at the moment, etc. I think expression of intentions
are most credible in the mouth of the author, even if there's a chance it's
bull.

Despite all of this, a going back to Prince's own words, a Morris Day
version of Movie Star is unlikely to exist given that he himself was waying
"imagine Morris Day doing this".

It's all very trivial to me, but what I say about intent is relevant.

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

cecilia averame

Jul 3, 2001, 5:23:08 PM7/3/01

> Dude, how about you stop making up crap and just look at the
> *evidence*.

ok bye

f.

Four Eyed Fred

Jul 3, 2001, 5:47:32 PM7/3/01
>> How many times has Prince re-released a song with someone else's
>> vocals on it? How many times?
>

>well bart the original question was :
>
>"is there such a thing as a version of this song with morris E day on
>vox ?"
>

>do u remember databank, for example?
>

>f.

But databank had never been released officially by ANYONE.

Movie Star has been officially released by PRINCE.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

Four Eyed Fred

Jul 3, 2001, 5:48:55 PM7/3/01
>because not everything is black and white - you can't prove what someone was
>THINKING.
>The night when prince sat down and wrote movie star NOBODY except prince
>knows why or for whom he wote that song, all we have is the book that goes
>with CB
>and you aregue till your blue in the face that prince didn't even write it
>for the time - obviously you know best because prince only wrote the song -
>open you mind for a second and stop thinking you atomatically know better
>than everyone else

Now do y'all remember Richard Townsley from the UK?

His manner may have toned down, but he still likes arguing the same pointless
things.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.leeharrisonline.com

thefreak

Jul 3, 2001, 6:00:58 PM7/3/01
>From: juvenilehi@

>Now do y'all remember Richard Townsley from the UK?
>
>His manner may have toned down, but he still likes arguing the same pointless
>things.

Yeah but he makes the veins in Barts forehead pop out, so there 'ya go.

Davy Penneman-Verbuyst Kristel

Jul 3, 2001, 6:05:57 PM7/3/01
Man,

I'm with Bart on this one...

Books like DMSR and Days of Wild r based on actual interviews with Bobby Z.,
Susan Rogers, Peggy McCreary, Coke Johnson and many others..

It's from those people that Per Nilsen knows FOR SURE that Movie Star WAS
intended for The Dream Factory/Crystal Ball/Sign O' The Times Project. Why?
Cuz there is actually a test press made of that album with Movie Star on
it!!!

And Data Bank was a jam with Prince And The Revolution in the warehouse,
just like the case it happened with America and Cloreen Bacon Skin. And it
was never intended for an album, or would u like CBS appear in Purple Rain
(it was recorded in 1983)? But in 1989 it was recorded from scratch for The
Time's Corporate World album.

And for Chocolate and Feel U Up..

Feel U Up was first recorded back-to-back with Irresistable Bitch in 1981
(during Controversy sessions) and was later re-worked for the Camille
sessions in 1986. This version was released in 1989 on the B-Side of
Partyman.

Chocolate was recorded in 1983 during the Ice Cream Castle sessions for the
The Time, but was left off the album. But it was updated for their fourth
album Pandemonium. (The Corporate World album was cancelled when Terry Lewis
and Jimmy Jam re-joined the group and wanted some of their own stuff on the
album)

I hope that answers ur question. And please don't give me that lame question
like 'how u know this 4 sure?'
Buy DMSR and Days Of Wild, those r books made of facts and checked a dozen
times b4 they were released.

B Fascinated By The Music

Fascination

"cecilia averame" <cecilia...@libero.it> schreef in bericht

Aerogram

Jul 3, 2001, 6:24:47 PM7/3/01
> Books like DMSR and Days of Wild r based on actual interviews with Bobby
Z.,
> Susan Rogers, Peggy McCreary, Coke Johnson and many others..
>
> It's from those people that Per Nilsen knows FOR SURE that Movie Star WAS
> intended for The Dream Factory/Crystal Ball/Sign O' The Times Project.
Why?
> Cuz there is actually a test press made of that album with Movie Star on
> it!!!

The question is whether Prince really had Morris in mind when he thought of
the song. Having Movie Star on a test press doesn't mean it wasn't his
initial intention. That is no evidence. intention is not material. It's
all up thjere, in one person's mind, and it sure ain't yours, mine or
Bart's.

What is really being discussed here is if Prince is fucking liar who just
said he intended it for the Time to.. to.... make us MAD damn it. It's a
goddam conspiracy!:-)

--
______________________________
>Is that what a rainbow child would say?<
______________________________

"Davy Penneman-Verbuyst Kristel" <davy.p...@pandora.be> wrote in message

Rollo

Jul 3, 2001, 6:49:29 PM7/3/01
>From: "hippocrocamoose" Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk
>> Wait a minute... Prince only says "imagine what..."bla bla, right?. That's
>> notevidence of intention. However, my Crystall Ball booklet has been
>> destroyed so I can't say for sure.
>
>it says and i quote -
>
>"9. movie star - D'angelos faveorite bootleg. his love for this track
>inspired its inclusion. imagine morris day doin' this! that's who it was
>written 4 - the time."
>
>meanwhile bort says it was not written for the time
>
>prince says one thing about HIS song and some guy off the internet says
>another - now i wonder who i'll listen to.

Proof you are dumb and naive motherfucker. Shutdafuckup!

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 4, 2001, 2:22:15 AM7/4/01

> But databank had never been released officially by ANYONE.

pandemonium - the time

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 4, 2001, 2:41:31 AM7/4/01

> It's from those people that Per Nilsen knows FOR SURE that Movie Star WAS
> intended for The Dream Factory/Crystal Ball/Sign O' The Times Project. Why?
> Cuz there is actually a test press made of that album with Movie Star on
> it!!!

> And for Chocolate and Feel U Up..

i was wrong, sorry.

> I hope that answers ur question. And please don't give me that lame question
> like 'how u know this 4 sure?'
> Buy DMSR and Days Of Wild, those r books made of facts and checked a dozen
> times b4 they were released.

1- i -as bart- think that moviestar not was intended for a 'the time'
album
2- I think moviestar not was intented for a prince album, when it was
composed
3- I think prince make his songs for make songs, using songs as a writer
use his 'personaggi' in a novel. The lirics of the songs, not ever are
talking about the prince's pensiero, but are other novel, tales. Think
about 'batman' soundtrack, or the truth album. The man that sing 'the
other side of the pillow' is not prince, is an immagination man, very
similar to morris.
So: the man that is singing 'moviestar' is not prince, is a morris-like
'personaggio'. Prince not was thinking about a 'the time' album, but
sure he was thinking about a morris-like personaggio.
Prettyman is another example: he wrote the song thinking to morris, but
after he put it on rave project. We know it is for a prince album, we
got it, but we know he was thinking to morris-like personaggio, not
cause he told to us, but because the lirics are talking to us.
4- I'm sorry about DMSR and DOW. I study oral history at university and
I can say that the words that a man says about his life, his works, are
a re-interpretation of the truth. But...
5- I have not english to support this conversation. I'm sorry but I
never study english except 2 year on classic liceo, and I can not give
to my ideas the strong they need.

Thank you for the answer and for the /chocolate-FUP mistake.

bye.

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 4, 2001, 2:43:15 AM7/4/01

> The question is whether Prince really had Morris in mind when he thought of
> the song. Having Movie Star on a test press doesn't mean it wasn't his
> initial intention. That is no evidence. intention is not material. It's
> all up thjere, in one person's mind, and it sure ain't yours, mine or
> Bart's.
>
> What is really being discussed here is if Prince is fucking liar who just
> said he intended it for the Time to.. to.... make us MAD damn it. It's a
> goddam conspiracy!:-)

this is exactly what was I tring to say.
If we READ the lirics, we can be sure he was thinking to a morris like
personaggio.

f.

Four Eyed Fred

Jul 4, 2001, 4:02:47 AM7/4/01
>> But databank had never been released officially by ANYONE.
>

>pandemonium - the time

do you see the word HAD?

Databank HAD never been officially released by anyone?

as in "when the time released their version of databank, it HAD never been
officially released by anyone?

No wonder Bart gets so frustrated discussing FACTS here.

Lee

http://www.leeharrisonline.com

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 4, 2001, 4:17:34 AM7/4/01

> do you see the word HAD?

yes, is a nice word.

> as in "when the time released their version of databank, it HAD never been
> officially released by anyone?

No.
So what?

> No wonder Bart gets so frustrated discussing FACTS here.

poor bart. sorry for him.
poor bart's facts. I'm sorry for those too.

f.

Aerogram

Jul 4, 2001, 8:21:57 AM7/4/01
Come on, now.... the guy is obviously Italian and doing his best with
English, so it's not such a big deal he missed "had".

--
______________________________

"Four Eyed Fred" <juven...@aol.comTMuppet> wrote in message

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 4, 2001, 9:25:59 AM7/4/01
Are you just TRYING to start shit????????????? DO YOU FUCKING READ YOU
DOUCHEBAG?!

Databank in its early form shows little resemblance to the Databank on
Pandemonium. And frankly, they should really be considered two different
songs. The early version was a jam session more or less, having little to
no lyrical content or melody structure. Pandemonium's version is more of a
real "song".

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out The Ernest Experience Radio Show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
**New Version 4.0 to premiere on Friday, July 13, 2001**
Hear Fourth Productions MeisterMix2001 Club Mix!
http://www.live365.com/station/260494
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"fabrizio venerandi" <fabrizio...@libero.it> wrote in message

fabrizio venerandi

Jul 4, 2001, 9:36:46 AM7/4/01

> Are you just TRYING to start shit????????????? DO YOU FUCKING READ YOU
> DOUCHEBAG?!

respect to your words

> Databank in its early form shows little resemblance to the Databank on
> Pandemonium. And frankly, they should really be considered two different
> songs. The early version was a jam session more or less, having little to
> no lyrical content or melody structure. Pandemonium's version is more of a
> real "song".

I think prince's databank is a (nice) jam-session. The time's databank
is a (bad) song build over prince's databank.
Without the prince's databank there will be not the pandemonium version.
There are not two different song.

f.

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 9:26:10 AM7/4/01

> Here's what "hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> told
> "alt.music.prince" on Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:11:41 +0100 on the subject of
> "Re: movie star":

> >> Dumbass, don't you know the difference between 1986 and 1989/1990?
> >
> >yes i do, so are you saying that there is not even a chance that in 89
the
> >time recorded moviestar ?
>
> Considering that we know almost every detail of these sessions and
> that almost everything from it is circulating in perfect condition...

i guess the key word there is *almost*

> >(fact you don't know for sure) like i said all
> >you had to say was there isn't one circulating
>
> Dude, there ain't one. What is so fucking difficult to understand
> about this. There isn't a shred of evidence to support the theory that
> there is, all the evidence points to there not being one.

ok then - like i said thats all you had to say - without insulting anyone
who questions you.
i'm still not going to dismiss what the CB book says tho - if he says he
wrote the song with the time in mind then - MAYBE somewhere in the vault
there MIGHT be a version of the song with morris singing. ok? of course
there might not be and from what you've said it looks like there's no such
thing - i guess we'll find out in time

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 10:07:38 AM7/4/01

> Despite all of this, a going back to Prince's own words, a Morris Day
> version of Movie Star is unlikely to exist given that he himself was
waying
> "imagine Morris Day doing this".

i'd like to be able to imagin the time doing pretty man! :)

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 10:05:30 AM7/4/01

"Rollo" <tedva...@aol.comyomama> wrote in message

> Proof you are dumb and naive motherfucker. Shutdafuckup!

then why the fuck do you read my posts? use your killfile

when are people going to learn that insulting people over the web is
pointless, i've never met you, i never will why would i take anything you
say personally?

i don't know as much about prince as you do (i'm definately a nicer person),
why does that bother you? i ask questions to learn new things if that
bothers you skip my posts or put me in your killfile - either way it doesn't
bother me

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 9:30:11 AM7/4/01

> People need to drop the $20 for DMSR. You can get it NOW, and not wait on
> Turn It Up 2.0 and have plenty of information. That's not saying that
Turn
> It Up isn't packed w/ info. Just that DMSR is already out. I found it at
> Barnes and Noble. I've also seen it at Borders and other places. I plan
> have both soon enough.

ok without flaming me - is DMSR just packed with dates etc like what you
wrote for this thread? or does it go a little deeper? i think i'll buy it
but not if it's all just dates and times - i like to hear some of the quirky
prince stories and things that he's done - maybe why i enjoyed slave to the
rhythm

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 9:59:37 AM7/4/01

>Shit--he probably looks
> back at DMSR to shake the cobwebs from his head to remember certain
> events in creating the music and when and where.

lol i can believe that - but then if someone were to ask me about something
from 10 years ago (ie what the first poem i read or wrote was) i wouldn't be
able to remember it - i'd love to read a bio on myself lol

> I for one am glad and give
> thanks to someone for documenting the music and important events...I
hope
> he is taking at least enough care of the vault stuff as the people
who are
> documenting his legacy as best as possible.

only one way to find out - i say in time for next years celebration we all
get together and raid the PP vaults :)

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 10:20:02 AM7/4/01
"Four Eyed Fred" <juven...@aol.comTMuppet> wrote in message
> as in "when the time released their version of databank, it HAD never been
> officially released by anyone?
>
> No wonder Bart gets so frustrated discussing FACTS here.

ok we know there is no version of movie star with morris singing - we know
that.
that is a fact.

now the discussion is if prince was lying in the CB booklet. he says he
wrote it for the time - ok so it's not been recorded by them - that doesn't
mean thats not who he wrote it for (or had in his mind while he was
writing). he just ended up keeping it for himself.
how do you "prove" what another man is thinking when he's writing? you can't
because you can't get in his head.
even if other people who have worked with him were in the room - they don't
know for sure what he's thinking - they can only speculate - as to what he's
THINKING.
as someone else said - it was obviously written with that "morris" persona

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 10:27:28 AM7/4/01

> Now do y'all remember Richard Townsley from the UK?

well the first clue would be my e-mail address whats your point ?

> His manner may have toned down, but he still likes arguing the same
pointless
> things.

you don't have to read every post - if you think it's pointless skip it. i
want to talk about it with anyone else who wants to. whats the problem ?
did i complain when you were drunk and posted god knows how many messages
about your car sitting in your lap or whatever ?

if you think you can read princes mind so be it - but i'm not going to
change for you or anyone else.

hippocrocamoose

Jul 4, 2001, 10:28:14 AM7/4/01

> >From: juvenilehi@
>
> >Now do y'all remember Richard Townsley from the UK?
> >
> >His manner may have toned down, but he still likes arguing the same
pointless
> >things.
>
> Yeah but he makes the veins in Barts forehead pop out, so there 'ya go.

next year i'm aiming to make it burst :)

Ernest/Fuzzy Bob - The Big Gay HOMO

Jul 4, 2001, 11:33:58 AM7/4/01
The sections of dates I type are from the end of the book. The tour dates,
recording sessions (w/ song recording dates if possible), as well as release
dates for albums, B-sides and related artists are in the back. The book as
a whole is a very in-depth book about Prince's up and coming, as well as how
he met anyone in his band, his engineers, his managers, etc, how songs came
about, tours, highlights and certainly low lights of his shows and career
and life. It's a bio, not just a date book. Like I said, most of the
dates and info I type about certain songs (like Movie Star) are from the
recording session pages in the back. I have in the past typed a paragraph
or two from the regular section of the book, depending on what information
is sought after. I think Turn It Up is more date history, compared to DMSR.

Ernest L Sewell, IV
AIM: ErnestSewell
www.ernestsewell.net
Check out The Ernest Experience Radio Show on Live365.com!
http://www.live365.com/stations/233421
Version 3.0 now playing as of June 15, 2001!!
**New Version 4.0 to premiere on Friday, July 13, 2001**
Hear Fourth Productions MeisterMix2001 Club Mix!
http://www.live365.com/station/260494
http://www.dttlyrics.com/
I'm part of the team, baby!
"I can tell by your inflection that you think
what you're saying is funny, but.........no."
- Karen Walker

"hippocrocamoose" <Ric...@townsley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

It is loading more messages.