Prince Trivia Question 8/13/2002

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 3:19:56 AM8/13/02
What song has both Michael Jackson's and Prince's vocals on it?
(Meaning, what song are both MJ's and Prince's vocals audible on)

Hint: It's NOT a duet between Prince and MJ.

Rudedog
--
Check out the Prince Bad Trader's List before you trade, sell or buy!!
http://go.to/badtraders

Atreus

Aug 13, 2002, 3:24:15 AM8/13/02
This is just going by my jaded memory. But if I'm not mistaken despite not
being on the album version, Prince once joined a bunch of other celebs on
stage at some award ceremony (or benefit) to sing We Are The World.
However, I think Prince spent the whole time sucking on a lolly-pop so he
might not be heard singing.

Am I right?

"Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> wrote in message

Unknown

Aug 13, 2002, 9:46:31 AM8/13/02
Isnt it the Prince vs Michael Jackson Thriller/Come On
White Label Mix?

SeanGil

Denny Henson

Aug 13, 2002, 10:53:42 AM8/13/02
i didnt know we could guess bootleg mixes :) one (of probably a
hundred)...im thinking of the CREAM remix with BECAUSE IM BAD samples in
it....

<SeanGil> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 2:11:18 PM8/13/02
Wrong :)

"Atreus" <atr...@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 2:12:00 PM8/13/02
Nah, no white label or fan remixes included. This is an officially released
song.

Rudedog

<SeanGil> wrote in message
> [...]

JeePee

Aug 13, 2002, 2:50:41 PM8/13/02
I had no idea, so decided to google it up, and found this:
http://www.grudge-match.com/History/prince-jackson.shtml

and appareantly they sang:
"Barry Manilow's classic I Write the Songs"

Now that's not good is it? The page is funny though.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:19:56 -0700, "Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM

SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> decided to surprise everyone by saying:

--
JeePee

See no evil, Hear no evil. Just be evil.

Favorite boots of the moment: 1999 Revisited, Did U Miss Me, ONA Buffalo

My Prince, Queen and Nirvana pages:
bootlegs, complete live overview and other stuff (last update 28-07-2002 mass update)
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jp.pluijgers/main.html
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

GMAN

Aug 13, 2002, 5:21:51 PM8/13/02
"Good Life' Microphone mix..... 'Tito grab me a tissue'......

LOL!

GMAN
"JeePee" <jp.plu...@NOSPAMquicknet.nl> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 3:37:37 PM8/13/02
Uuuhhhh, good try......BUT no :)

Rudedog

"JeePee" <jp.plu...@NOSPAMquicknet.nl> wrote in message

C&C

Aug 13, 2002, 3:35:57 PM8/13/02
Wasn't it at a James Brown perfomance?
What title.....ehm....
Michael and Prince joined James on stage in the same song, not
together but after eachother.

.·°^°·.+Nick S+.·°^°·.

Aug 13, 2002, 4:17:53 PM8/13/02
ok ok we give up !! :-)
"GMAN" <geo...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 4:50:31 PM8/13/02
Nope, Prince didn't sing on that performance, just played guitar. The song
I'm thinking of is not a live jam or a performance, its on a studio song on
a released album.

Rudedog

"C&C" <cha...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

purplehail

Aug 13, 2002, 5:34:32 PM8/13/02
Ok, I waited long enough to give other people a chance. The song is
Eddie Murphy's "Yeah".

Thank you.

JeePee

Aug 13, 2002, 5:43:55 PM8/13/02
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:50:31 -0700, "Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM

SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> decided to surprise everyone by saying:

>Nope, Prince didn't sing on that performance, just played guitar. The song

>I'm thinking of is not a live jam or a performance, its on a studio song on
>a released album.

This is a real thoughie. How about a hint?

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 6:26:56 PM8/13/02
Nope, close but NO cigar :)

Rudedog

"purplehail" <vintag...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 13, 2002, 6:27:27 PM8/13/02
I already gave you a hint Jee Pee, read the first post

"JeePee" <jp.plu...@NOSPAMquicknet.nl> wrote in message

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 12:06:40 AM8/14/02
Is it by a rapper?

"Watch her walk"-Here comes My Girl.

ICQ#18984002

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 1:18:24 AM8/14/02
Nope :)

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 1:36:42 AM8/14/02
Ok..is it an official release and not some dj etc mixing it together etc?

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 2:17:52 AM8/14/02
Yes, an official release, no DJ remix, no fan remix, no bullshit remix

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 1:58:35 AM8/14/02
>From: "Rudedog"

>Yes, an official release, no DJ remix, no fan remix, no bullshit remix

Ok can u do this for a hint..can u tell us the year it was released?

leeharrisonline.com

Aug 14, 2002, 2:02:41 AM8/14/02
USA for africa?
The Hundred Song Album Project: http://www.mp3.com/leeharris100
Online Diary, yada yada: http://www.leeharrisonline.com

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 2:07:39 AM8/14/02
>From: juvenileh

>USA for africa?

I was gonna say this but I thought that the question is " on the same
"SONG", not just the same album...other wise I'd have guessed this long time
ago.

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 2:09:03 AM8/14/02
>From: "Rudedog"

>What song has both Michael Jackson's and Prince's vocals on it?
>(Meaning, what song are both MJ's and Prince's vocals audible on)

Yup..he said "song" and not album both are on..so USA for African Americans
is out.

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:41:46 AM8/14/02
Nope, its none of the songs on that album or any live performance.

Rudedog

"leeharrisonline.com" <juven...@aol.compople> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:41:20 AM8/14/02
Nope :) It would be an easy giveaway :)

Rudedog

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:50:18 AM8/14/02
Okay one more time:

Its a officially released song released through a pretty major record label
on an album from an "err um" artist(more like singer) and both Prince's
voice and MJ's voice are audible on that ONE SINGLE song. Its one song, not
two or three. The song has a regular title, its not a weird title or
something like that. The song is not a remix, a DJ remix, a fan remix or a
white label remix, nor is it a fan made song mixing an MJ song and a Prince
song. The song was officially released, played on radio and even had a
VIDEO!! It also was a HIT for this particular artist/singer. That is all I'm
gonna say, anymore and its a dead giveaway. I will say someone on this
thread came VERY close to the answer....that already is a near
dead-giveaway.

Name the song and artist, if you can :)

Rudedog

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:55:51 AM8/14/02
Oh, one more thing. The song is NOT...again....NOT a collaboration with
Prince and MJ AND Prince had nothing to do with the writing, producing,
composing, performing(as in playing instruments) of the song. Come ON PPL!!!
Someone has to know this one!!

Rudedog

"Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> wrote in message

Chuck

Aug 14, 2002, 4:08:58 AM8/14/02
macarana?

i remember the prince sample not sure about mj though

Russel Bailey

Aug 14, 2002, 7:09:38 AM8/14/02
Is it some 'novelty' tune like something by Wierd Al where their voices have
been sampled?

The Ur-Vile

Aug 14, 2002, 7:28:53 AM8/14/02
Don't suppose it's that somebody's watching me song?

--
AOL IM: urvile102

"Mary sweet mother Jesus!" - Morris Day

"Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> wrote in message

Sniffthedawn

Aug 14, 2002, 7:58:04 AM8/14/02
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:19:56 -0700, "Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM
SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> wrote:

>What song has both Michael Jackson's and Prince's vocals on it?
>(Meaning, what song are both MJ's and Prince's vocals audible on)
>

>Hint: It's NOT a duet between Prince and MJ.
>
>Rudedog

"Party All The Time" Eddie Murphy?

Sonuvfunk

Aug 14, 2002, 7:13:46 AM8/14/02
Hey Hannagan?

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 10:15:29 AM8/14/02
>From: "The Ur-Vile"

>Don't suppose it's that somebody's watching me song?

I was gonna say that

Ronald Alford

Aug 14, 2002, 10:16:30 AM8/14/02
rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt (thefreak) wrote in message news:<20020814020903...@mb-mj.aol.com>...

Is it "Wouldn't You Love To Love Me" on the Taja Sevelle album? I
remember that Prince gave this song to Michael Jackson for his "Bad"
album, but Michael didn't use it.

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 10:21:19 AM8/14/02
>From: seanski7

>Is it "Wouldn't You Love To Love Me" on the Taja Sevelle album? I
>remember that Prince gave this song to Michael Jackson for his "Bad"
>album, but Michael didn't use it.

a winner?

PJ

Aug 14, 2002, 10:37:49 AM8/14/02
WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!!!

"Sonuvfunk" <sonu...@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Hey Hannagan?

leeharrisonline.com

Aug 14, 2002, 12:51:18 PM8/14/02
> I will say someone on this
>thread came VERY close to the answer....that already is a near
>dead-giveaway.

So Eddie Murphy was close.

Hmmmm

Lee

Newpowersoul2000

Aug 14, 2002, 1:53:38 PM8/14/02
Isn't it Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me?" Or something by Patti LaBelle?

That or "Wuzupwitchu?" heh

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 2:02:06 PM8/14/02
>newpowersoul2000@

>That or "Wuzupwitchu?" heh

yup--u won I bet.

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:16:23 PM8/14/02
Nope, never heard of this though

"Russel Bailey" <b.angel[REMOVEFORMAIL]@virgin.net> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:15:51 PM8/14/02
Nope, unless you can explain where Prince's voice is in the song :)

Rudedog

"The Ur-Vile" <urv...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:16:53 PM8/14/02
Hehhee, no, sorry Bear!

"Chuck" <hiriz...@aol.comGotCake> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:16:36 PM8/14/02
Oh oh!

"leeharrisonline.com" <juven...@aol.compople> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:17:05 PM8/14/02
DAMDNIT!!!!$RY#()$*#)@I#(_I(I!!!!!!!!

"Sonuvfunk" <sonu...@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hey Hannagan?

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:18:32 PM8/14/02
Nope, the question is what released song has both MJ's voice and Prince's
voice on the same song. While you're right about that particular song, there
isn't a released version of both Prince and MJ on that song.

Rudedog

"Ronald Alford" <sean...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:19:33 PM8/14/02
Nope, the song is RELEASED, not unreleased. There could, would, may, who
knows...be a version of that song with both PRince's voice and MJ's on it,
but I don't know about it.

Rudedog

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 3:20:05 PM8/14/02
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Nope, unless Prince is singing on that one :)

Rudedog

"Sniffthedawn" <gb...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Sonuvfunk

Aug 14, 2002, 3:30:14 PM8/14/02
>DAMDNIT!!!!$RY#()$*#)@I#(_I(I!!!!!!!!

hehe...you had to know it was coming......i'm just surprised it wasn't sooner
:-)

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 5:58:48 PM8/14/02
BINGO!!! We have a winner! FUCKIN FINALLY!!

Rudedog

"Newpowersoul2000" <newpower...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Wuzupwitchu?" heh

MG

Aug 14, 2002, 4:57:03 PM8/14/02
Yes by Eddie Murphy?

doug

Aug 14, 2002, 6:16:02 PM8/14/02
>From: juven...@aol.compople (leeharrisonline.com)

>> I will say someone on this
>>thread came VERY close to the answer....that already is a near
>>dead-giveaway.
>
>So Eddie Murphy was close.
>
>Hmmmm

Patrick Swazye's Hungry Eyes? :-)

Doug

JeePee

Aug 14, 2002, 6:22:00 PM8/14/02
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:58:48 -0700, "Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM
SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> decided to surprise everyone by saying:

>BINGO!!! We have a winner! FUCKIN FINALLY!!

WTF is that? I googled, but coulnd't find anything. Please give some
info.
Props for the question, it was a good one.

--
JeePee

See no evil, Hear no evil. Just be evil.

Favorite boots of the moment: 1999 Revisited, Did U Miss Me, ONA Buffalo

My Prince, Queen and Nirvana pages:
bootlegs, complete live overview and other stuff (last update 28-07-2002 mass update)
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jp.pluijgers/main.html
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Rudedog

Aug 14, 2002, 6:59:50 PM8/14/02
Okay, here is the complete answer:

Artist: Eddie Murphy featuring Michael Jackson
Song: Whatzupwitu
Album: Love's Alright
Released: 1992
Label: Motown Records

Prince's scream from Thieves In The Temple is sampled and is audible at the
beginning of the song. Michael Jackson sings the chorus of the song
throughout the song. So no Prince is not singing with MJ on the song(which
was NOT the question) BUT Prince's vocals are heard on the song at one point
and MJ's vocals are on the song throughout the song.

I'll post the song on the Binaries if anyone wants to hear it, just post
here that you actually want to hear it.

Newpowersoul2000 gets a Rudedog Chocolate Chip Dog Bone (with a piece bitten
off by me) for guessing the answer.

Rudedog

"JeePee" <jp.plu...@NOSPAMquicknet.nl> wrote in message

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 6:55:07 PM8/14/02
>douglashdewing@

>Patrick Swazye's Hungry Eyes? :-)

Eric Carmen sang that, not PS.

Prince Fan

Aug 14, 2002, 7:35:06 PM8/14/02
LOL, Patrick's song was "She's Like The Wind" which was good I thought.

--
Prince Fan
www.PrinceFan.net

"thefreak" <rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt> wrote in message

: >douglashdewing@

thefreak

Aug 14, 2002, 7:38:15 PM8/14/02
>From: "Prince Fan"

>LOL, Patrick's song was "She's Like The Wind" which was good I thought.

Huh? First MG says he likes Depeche Mode, and now Pfan says he likes Shes
Like The Wind...what the hell are people drinking this week on amp? lol

SapphireBlue

Aug 14, 2002, 8:55:18 PM8/14/02
Does it have anything to do with Janet Jackson?

SapphireBlue

Aug 14, 2002, 8:58:18 PM8/14/02
Guess I should have read all the posts before I guessed. (o:

"Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> wrote in message

doug

Aug 15, 2002, 5:07:12 AM8/15/02
>From: rdh...@aol.comvelvtswt (thefreak)

>>Patrick Swazye's Hungry Eyes? :-)
>>

>Eric Carmen sang that, not PS.

Shit. YOu're right.

Swayze sung She's LIke the Wind.

Doug

JeePee

Aug 15, 2002, 12:05:08 PM8/15/02
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:59:50 -0700, "Rudedog" <rudedog@(SPAM

SUCKS)evilpeople.coms> decided to surprise everyone by saying:

>Okay, here is the complete answer:

Thanks. Can't wait for your next trivia question.

Newpowersoul2000

Aug 15, 2002, 1:04:50 PM8/15/02
Sweet. Do I get to put a L33t title next to my name? :-)

On a side note: Goggle takes a long time to post from! lol

Good question. Stumped a lot of people :-)

Rudedog

Aug 15, 2002, 3:19:05 PM8/15/02
I didn't think it would be a hard question to answer, yes its Eddie Murphy
but it was a hit for him and it was played everywhere.

Shhhh

Aug 18, 2002, 10:53:41 PM8/18/02
>Patrick Swazye's Hungry Eyes? :-)

Patrick Swazye did not sing Hungry Eyes, Eric Carmen did.

Patrick Swazye sang She's Like the Wind.

C.
I Ain't Nervous No Mo', U did it girl!!! - Prince

Shhhh

Aug 18, 2002, 10:54:33 PM8/18/02

>macarana?
>
>i remember the prince sample not sure about mj though

There was a Prince sample in the Macarana?