Worth a watch

WildWil...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2008, 8:16:20 AM1/20/08

I think it's 12 minutes, but very interesting - the charts will amaze
you

we'll be a mess - I don't want that, do you?

what about our kids & grand children?

AMUN

Jan 20, 2008, 10:36:17 AM1/20/08
I always wondered who the people were that seriously listened to the
WHACK-JOBS that preach hell-fire and brimstone.
"....It's not the immigrants,....It's the NUMBERS of immigrants"

Gee, didn't someone once say "We are building these concentration camps, and
purifying our society, for the sake of our children and grandchildren"

I wonder how THAT turned out ?

<WildWil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mike Surratt

Jan 20, 2008, 12:31:29 PM1/20/08
On Jan 20, 10:36 am, "AMUN" <spambloc...@dumbaswisconsincows.net>
wrote:

> Gee, didn't someone once say "We are building these concentration camps, and
> purifying our society, for the sake of our children and grandchildren"
>
> I wonder how THAT turned out ?

"The only defense is offense, which means that you have to kill more
women and children more quickly than the enemy if you wish to save
yourselves."

Stanley Baldwin quotes (British Politician and Prime Minister.
1867-1947)

Mike Surratt

Jan 20, 2008, 12:57:06 PM1/20/08
A couple of more...

"The laws should be rigidly enforced which prohibit the immigration of
a servile class to compete with American labor, with no intention of
acquiring citizenship, and bringing with them and retaining habits and
customs repugnant to our civilization."
- Grover Cleveland

"As a nation with a long history of immigration and commitment to the
rule of law, this country must set limits on who can enter and then
credibly enforce our immigration law."
- U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform (1995)

"Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years
to learn English or leave the country. "
- Theodore Roosevelt

Whack-Jobs -- all of them, huh?

WildWil...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2008, 1:39:58 PM1/20/08
"Whack-Jobs -- all of them, huh?" LOL

The thing that is important about the video though is that the number
that are coming in. Yes, should want to and should learn englie. To
many coming will kill us and us wanting them here. I can't imagine
why in the world these people in charge would want to crap in their
own house?

AMUN

Jan 20, 2008, 3:23:31 PM1/20/08

"Mike Surratt" <mikz...@aol.com> wrote in message

Nope, just the buffoons who would quote out of context to support the
Aryan-Right whack-jobs.
...on a polka newsgroup.

AMUN

Jan 20, 2008, 3:30:03 PM1/20/08

<WildWil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Uh? Maybe because you have far more to fear from the politicians, than the
immigrants.

Besides,...the whole issue is moot, as the asteroid will wipe out everyone
in 2012 anyway.

Mike Surratt

Jan 20, 2008, 4:01:10 PM1/20/08
On Jan 20, 3:23�pm, "AMUN" <spambloc...@dumbaswisconsincows.net>

> Nope, just the buffoons who would quote out of context to support the
> Aryan-Right whack-jobs.

> ...on a polka newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not the one that posted an unidentified Aryanistic quote, you
did...on a polka newsgroup.

"We are building these concentration camps, and
purifying our society, for the sake of our children and
grandchildren"

Was the quote from you or someone you admire?

AMUN

Jan 20, 2008, 4:50:40 PM1/20/08

On Jan 20, 3:23?pm, "AMUN" <spambloc...@dumbaswisconsincows.net>

Just pointing out that history is full of "concerned" groups, who claimed
they had the simple answers.
And there were always those stupid enough to listen, and support them.

Now shouldn't you be saluting a swastika somewhere ?

Mike Surratt

Jan 20, 2008, 5:02:39 PM1/20/08

> On Jan 20, 3:23?pm, "AMUN" <spambloc...@dumbaswisconsincows.net>

> Now shouldn't you be saluting a swastika somewhere ?>

No Amun - I only salute the American Flag, you know, the one that
allows people like you to be mentally ill and not be shot or placed in
a concentration camp because of your handicap.

MS

jrodg

Jan 20, 2008, 7:53:27 PM1/20/08

Most would agree that the polka news group would be better off
without these political diatribes ---there are plenty of other venues
more suitable for these discussions. Having said that I would just
comment, while this darned discussion is going on, that recently I
have received odious political propaganda ( somehow always right-wing
in origin ) from "polka" sources, such as a harangue stating that all
those who don't support the war in Iraq are spoiled brats and should
go to Canada (!?: did anybody else get this gem??) ---and now this
"immigrant baiting", which of course has overtones of intolerance and
racism. Spare us this crap, please ---and let the American people make
their decisions through the democratic process : we can all read and
watch the news and make our own decisions without having our senses
assaulted by propagandists : The letter P on this site stands for
POLKA MUSIC , not for POLITICS or PROPAGANDA

WildWil...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2008, 6:13:10 AM1/21/08
there is nothing political about the post - it's an interesting deal
and of concern for our country which I would imagine everyone likes
where they live, and I like the people that I live with, so I thought
I'd let them know. - the Wildman

AMUN

Jan 21, 2008, 7:45:22 AM1/21/08

"Mike Surratt" <mikz...@aol.com> wrote in message

Perhaps that's your biggest problem.
You salute a flag, before you take a second to notice who's actually waving
it.

And immediately condemn those who do think for themselves, or attempt to
discredit them, before the other LEMMINGS start to see that they have valid
concerns.

The most horrendous acts of history always have been cloaked in "patriotism"
or "the well being of society".

Just like some people can come on here and claim to form "little clubs" ONLY
for the benefit of supporting polkas.
...And now two of their members are spreading and supporting BLATANT
political hate doctrine here.

Did you actually WATCH that video ????
Especially the blank/brainwashed stares of the audience, or the "send us
money" messages at the end.

AMUN

Jan 21, 2008, 8:12:16 AM1/21/08
Oh BULL SHIT !
The thread is purely political, and has NOTHING to do with Polkas.
The laughable part is it simplistically points out that all the immigrants
are the ones who are causing the problems.
And you are spreading this SHIT ! , to a group who's parents and
grandparents were immigrants who came here and had kids.

And CAUSED this problem.

Maybe all those "polka people" should jump on a boat and go back where they
came from ?

And then all the remaining "Good TRUE Americans" (Indians) will prosper
again.

<WildWil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

jrodg

Jan 21, 2008, 7:52:23 PM1/21/08
On Jan 21, 8:12 am, "AMUN" <spambloc...@dumbaswisconsincows.net>
wrote:

> Oh BULL SHIT !
> The thread is purely political, and has NOTHING to do with Polkas.
> The laughable part is it simplistically points out that all the immigrants
> are the ones who are causing the problems.
> And you are spreading this SHIT ! , to a group who's parents and
> grandparents were immigrants who came here and had kids.
>
> And CAUSED this problem.
>
> Maybe all those "polka people" should jump on a boat and go back where they
> came from ?
>
> And then all the remaining "Good TRUE Americans" (Indians) will prosper
> again.
>
> <WildWilsonS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > there is nothing political about the post - it's an interesting deal
> > and of concern for our country which I would imagine everyone likes
> > where they live, and I like the people that I live with, so I thought
> > I'd let them know.  - the Wildman- Hide quoted text -

WILSON, sorry but not only is the post purely and over-the-top
political ( the anti-immigrant controversy is one of the main
political conflicts of this period) , your commentary above in support
of it , saying ( I QUOTE) " too many (immigrants) are coming here to
kill us" is the worst kind of political rabble- rousing and fear
mongering...not to mention the vulgarly-phrased attack on "our
political leaders" (those who don't strike out more against
immigrants, presumably) in the following sentence.
You probably mean well with all of this and are just politically naive
but , really , once again, this harangue does not belong here in any
way, shape or form: It is politically charged in the extreme, reeks of
paranoia, violence , terror and intolerance, and in so doing makes
even the irrational , paranoid ( the meaning of this word,
incidentally is "they're coming to get us") M1 Persecution posts look
tame (after all, in these the poster is just complaining that British
agents are harassing him, not that hordes of immigrants are out to
kill us all).
The immigration issue is a highly complex one -- of course there
are serious problems with border security and controlling the
situation -- on the other hand, it's a well-known fact that are
economy would be crippled without immigrants' contribution . In
addition, as another writer states above, we are a nation of
immigrants -- recent immigrants gave us polka music ---actually the
largest immigrant group , the Mexicans, have the most vibrant,
youthful polka music scene on he continent today, and their
contributions are crucial to today's polka music, even in the Polish
and other styles : Of today's leading polka groups ( including many
Grammy-nominated artists) many are of Mexican background and draw
heavily on Hispanic tradition for their more innovative material
( examples: Brave Combo, Polka Family, Polka Freakout (Bubba Hernandez
and a good amount of their international material) . Many more , like
the Versatones, Happy Louie ( the Peanuts Polka ) , the New Brass (San
Antonio Rose) have used Mexican themes to good advantage in their
repertoires...oh, yes, and let's not forget Mr. MS''s creativity since
he is involved in this discussion: his hit composition Tejanita and
much of his other work reflects our Tex-Mex heritage ---and our
immigrant heritage in general.
Hopefully this musical reflection will bring something "on topic"
and positive to this discussion , but, again, this discussion is
completely antithetical to the spirit of both polka discussion sites,
the purpose of which , we all know, because this has been discussed ad
nauseam, is to enjoy discussions of POLKA MUSIC (about which your
discussion here has not said one single word) , not the immigrant
problem, not denunciations of politicians, and certainly not the
panicky, paranoid extremist rant that "they're coming to get us!" --
which you state even more feverishly above as "Many are coming to kill
us!" ----Sorry but this is an extremist fringe argument: To their
credit, no reputable leader or candidate in either party talks in this
extreme way --- so , please let's not do this here : Remember , polka
music is happy music : Paranoia,doom and xenophobia ( fear and hatred
of foreigners) do not belong on these sites. You're a polka person,
after all: Talk POLKA here, not fear and terror, for gosh sakes. There
are no doubt plenty of sites ( Lou Dobbs, various border militias,
Klan, etc ....) where this issue, for better or worse, is welcome but
certainly the average polka "buff" comes here for music news and not
this stuff.
On your program and in your regular announcements you are fond of
upbeat polka slogans so how about adhering to the spirit of this one
( ironically drawn from the repertoire of another politically-minded
polka activist , but, hey, it's a good song and much more in the
"polka spirit" than the above discussion) :

" So let the sun shine in, shake hands with your neighbor --- and
happiness will never leave your heart."
( Signature hit of the Golden Brass, later known as the New Brass)