noel and chris at fair play gig

Strange Thing

Oct 30, 2002, 6:01:21 AM10/30/02
NOEL GALLAGHER and CHRIS MARTIN teamed up to perform a cover of THE SMITHS'
'STOP ME IF YOU THINK YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE', as part of an amazing
night of collaborations at the LONDON ASTORIA last night.

As previously reported, 'Fair Play' (October 29) was organised by Emily
Eavis, the daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael. The show was intended to
raise cash and awareness for Oxfam, helping to raise the profile of their
Make Trade Fair campaign.

The bill featured Lamb, Idlewild, Noel Gallagher and Coldplay, who were
billed as featuring 'special guests'.

After a solo set from Gallagher, which featured the likes of 'Wonderwall',
'Slide Away' and Married With Children', Coldplay took to the stage, and
performed a handful of their own songs.

They were then joined by Ms Dynamite for a cover of Bob Marley's 'Three
Little Birds', and her own songs 'It Takes More' and 'Dy-Na-Mi-Tee'.

She was then replaced by Noel, who performed a duet of Coldplay's hit single
'Yellow', and Oasis' 'Live Forever. During the duets, Martin appeared
overcome, telling the audience that it was one of the best moments of his
life. Their set also included a cover of The Smiths' 'Stop Me If You Think
You've Heard This One Before', a song that originally featured on the
legendary Manchester group's 1987 album, 'Strangeways, Here We Come'.

Noel Gallagher's set ran:

a.. 'Talk Tonight'
b.. 'Slide Away'
c.. 'Wonderwall'
d.. 'Don't Look Back In Anger'
e.. 'Married With Children'
Coldplay played:

a.. 'In My Place'
b.. 'Don't Panic'
c.. 'The Scientist'
d.. 'It Takes More' (with Ms Dynamite)
e.. 'Three Little Birds' (with Ms Dynamite)
f.. 'Dy-Na-Mi-Tee' (with Ms Dynamite)
g.. 'Yellow' (with Noel Gallagher)
h.. 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One' (with Noel Gallagher)
i.. 'Live Forever' (with Noel Gallagher)
j.. 'Many Rivers To Cross'
k.. 'Whatever' (with Noel Gallagher)
l..
---

Gianluca Crepaldi

Oct 30, 2002, 6:30:43 AM10/30/02
woooohoooo!
has this been aired on tv or radio???
would be great to get quality recording of this!! surly it was a fantastic
show!

"Strange Thing" <iwannabea...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

.·°^°·.+Nick S+.·°^°·.

Oct 30, 2002, 10:36:17 AM10/30/02
Chris Martin has an excellent voice. I'd love to hear that show !
"slidey"
<Sli...@thepentagon.comREMOVE-THIS-SPAMBUSTERwonderifthisemailstillworks>
wrote in message news:4iovrucroq679mnsv...@4ax.com...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> When the timer read Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:01:21 -0000, "Strange Thing"
> <iwannabea...@hotmail.com> opened the wormhole back to
> Slider-Prime and said :
>
> :Noel Gallagher's set ran:

> :
> : a.. 'Talk Tonight'
> : b.. 'Slide Away'
> : c.. 'Wonderwall'
> : d.. 'Don't Look Back In Anger'
> : e.. 'Married With Children'
> :Coldplay played:
> :
> : a.. 'In My Place'
> : b.. 'Don't Panic'
> : c.. 'The Scientist'
> : d.. 'It Takes More' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : e.. 'Three Little Birds' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : f.. 'Dy-Na-Mi-Tee' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : g.. 'Yellow' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : h.. 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : i.. 'Live Forever' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : j.. 'Many Rivers To Cross'
> : k.. 'Whatever' (with Noel Gallagher)
>
> Hope noel was doing vocals, or it wouldnt be worth listening too ;)
>
> And why would they do songs with ms dynashite.?
>
> slide.

Acquiesce

Oct 30, 2002, 11:19:09 AM10/30/02
The songs with Ms Dynamite were great-"Dyn-a-mi-tee" sounded great with
Chris Martin doing the backing vocals..I wasn't expecting much of Ms
Dynamite at the start of the night, but fair play to her, she's got a great
voice on her.

Acquiesce.

"slidey"
<Sli...@thepentagon.comREMOVE-THIS-SPAMBUSTERwonderifthisemailstillworks>
wrote in message news:4iovrucroq679mnsv...@4ax.com...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> When the timer read Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:01:21 -0000, "Strange Thing"
> <iwannabea...@hotmail.com> opened the wormhole back to
> Slider-Prime and said :
>

> :Noel Gallagher's set ran:

> :
> : a.. 'Talk Tonight'
> : b.. 'Slide Away'
> : c.. 'Wonderwall'
> : d.. 'Don't Look Back In Anger'
> : e.. 'Married With Children'
> :Coldplay played:
> :
> : a.. 'In My Place'
> : b.. 'Don't Panic'
> : c.. 'The Scientist'
> : d.. 'It Takes More' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : e.. 'Three Little Birds' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : f.. 'Dy-Na-Mi-Tee' (with Ms Dynamite)
> : g.. 'Yellow' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : h.. 'Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : i.. 'Live Forever' (with Noel Gallagher)
> : j.. 'Many Rivers To Cross'
> : k.. 'Whatever' (with Noel Gallagher)

unfaithfulservant

Oct 30, 2002, 2:20:13 PM10/30/02
what the fuck is noel doing appearing with someone as boring as chris
martin? no wonder he writes shit songs like 'she is love' these days

ferris bueller

Oct 30, 2002, 2:46:31 PM10/30/02
> what the fuck is noel doing appearing with someone as boring as chris
> martin? no wonder he writes shit songs like 'she is love' these days

let it slip since the days of stereophonics duets eh?

KingCreole: how can you say no?

Oct 30, 2002, 2:54:16 PM10/30/02
unfaithfulservant be-bopped

boring? hes one of the maddest people live i've ever seen

--
KingCreole @ www.mybigmouth.com
----

jamiec补: prude

Oct 30, 2002, 3:20:35 PM10/30/02
ferris bueller, proud owner of 179 cardigans, said:
> let it slip since the days of stereophonics duets eh?

so the ocean colour scene duets of 1996 are forgotten, yeah? ;-)

ferris bueller

Oct 30, 2002, 5:04:08 PM10/30/02
> boring? hes one of the maddest people live i've ever seen

how ..?

MeMeMe

Oct 30, 2002, 5:14:46 PM10/30/02

"unfaithfulservant" <ope...@aol.com> wrote in message

> what the fuck is noel doing appearing with someone as boring as chris
> martin? no wonder he writes shit songs like 'she is love' these days

She Is Love is a great song. Simple, and to the point. The way all acousticy
lovey dovey songs should be.

KingCreole: how can you say no?

Oct 30, 2002, 5:21:07 PM10/30/02
ferris bueller be-bopped news:appl54$aad$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

>> boring? hes one of the maddest people live i've ever seen
>
> how ..?

just proper gets into what hes doing, no half arsed ness about it..

ferris bueller

Oct 30, 2002, 5:30:24 PM10/30/02
> > how ..?
>
> just proper gets into what hes doing, no half arsed ness about it..

aye, yeh ...
always thought he should get a piano. keyboards aren't as good.

you know, i said hello to him once in a field ...

KingCreole: how can you say no?

Oct 30, 2002, 5:32:37 PM10/30/02
ferris bueller be-bopped news:appmic$1nj$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

we're you surrounded by 70,000 others? :P

sheislove

Oct 30, 2002, 5:59:49 PM10/30/02
Yea, he's like a mad piano player. He sits there throwing his gangly necked
head around, and when he's playing guitar and not singing, he runs from
corner to corner, with spazzy little trippings over in between.

--
"It's all in the mind." - George in Yellow Submarine

"KingCreole: how can you say no?" <al...@mySPAMTRAPPED-HEREbigmouth.com>

ferris bueller

Oct 31, 2002, 11:21:54 AM10/31/02
> we're you surrounded by 70,000 others? :P

ha ha, not at the time ... (i know you didn't ask for a long shit story, but
near enough)
this was at glasto: 2000?, i walked past him in the healing fields.