Alaska ninnies?

Woody Hanscom

Jul 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/20/98
Hmmm...

Curious...are there any amninnies (did I get that right...?) other than me
up here in Alaska? I've been lurking around this newsgroup for probably
about five years now, and am more and more curious about whether or not
any of the names I see here either live or visit this frozen wasteland. So
far the closest I've known of is finding out that Robin's got family up
here, but as I've yet to spot the only other heater t-shirt I know of it
the state, I haven't found her yet. <shrug> Gets kind of boring up
here...the general population of Anchorage is pretty uninteresting.

Hm. I know...as soon as I win the lottery (y'know, Ed McMahon knocking on
my door and all that shit), I'll see about taking over a local hotel and
hosting a nincon up here just for shits and giggles...unleash all of you
on the local population. <grin> It's a fun thought...hell, it'd be funny
as hell to sic a bunch of ninnies on the club I dj at - most of the kids
there think that nin started with closer and marilyn manson are the height
of being gothic. Ah, well, so it goes...I'll escape from this place
eventually.

Anyway, enough late night (early morning?) babble for now.

Laters...

--
Woody Hanscom / DJ Woody
woody[at]alaska[dot]net - figure it out, spambots can't.

m.c.death

Jul 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/23/98
In article <woody-20079...@anc-p45-68.alaska.net>,
wo...@alaska.net (Woody Hanscom) matanuska thundered:

> Curious...are there any amninnies (did I get that right...?) other than me
> up here in Alaska? I've been lurking around this newsgroup for probably
> about five years now, and am more and more curious about whether or not
> any of the names I see here either live or visit this frozen wasteland. So
> far the closest I've known of is finding out that Robin's got family up
> here, but as I've yet to spot the only other heater t-shirt I know of it
> the state, I haven't found her yet. <shrug> Gets kind of boring up
> here...the general population of Anchorage is pretty uninteresting.

I agree with your assessment of Alaska--back when I visited in '91 (I
lived in Fairbanks between '76 and '88), hardly anyone had known of Nine
Inch Nails (this was around Lollapalooza even), except for my infinitely
hip ex- from summer camp who had just seen them live. I don't know what
happened there for the past 7 years, but the general population of Alaska
is kinda pusillanimous, except for a handful (it always seem like the
people from places like Anchorage and Homer are the most intriguing) . . .

> Hm. I know...as soon as I win the lottery (y'know, Ed McMahon knocking on
> my door and all that shit), I'll see about taking over a local hotel and
> hosting a nincon up here just for shits and giggles...unleash all of you
> on the local population. <grin> It's a fun thought...hell, it'd be funny
> as hell to sic a bunch of ninnies on the club I dj at - most of the kids
> there think that nin started with closer and marilyn manson are the height
> of being gothic. Ah, well, so it goes...I'll escape from this place
> eventually.

I'd say have a Nincon somewhere remote, like at the Homer Spit! It would
be a sight to see 75+ ninnies yelling "Fist fuck!" in unison over the Spit

m.c.d., former Fairbanks-based angstboy ("go Wolfpack!")

m.c.death...Attenuated Euphoria ("smart music for stupid people")
the premiere electro/industrial keyboardist slut of the Northwest
The M.C.D. Files: http://www.teleport.com/~synthboy/mcdeath/
AE homepage: http://www.teleport.com/~synthboy/ae/