TPD promo -Worth buying?

Peter Calderwood

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

I know a place that supposedly has the The Perfect Drug promo CD for
$15.
Is it worth buying?
Does it have any tracks that won't be on the Lost Highway soundtrack
coming out in 2 weeks?

--
Peter Calderwood
pet...@professionals.com

DJ OKFM

Feb 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/4/97

Peter Calderwood <pet...@professionals.com> wrote in article
<32f9230...@snews.zippo.com>...

> I know a place that supposedly has the The Perfect Drug promo CD for
> $15.
> Is it worth buying?
> Does it have any tracks that won't be on the Lost Highway soundtrack
> coming out in 2 weeks?

do you want it? then it's worth buying.

DJ
--
|Rev. Damin J. Toell |
|djt...@teknowhore.com |

SB

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

> > I know a place that supposedly has the The Perfect Drug promo CD for
> > $15.
> > Is it worth buying?
> > Does it have any tracks that won't be on the Lost Highway soundtrack
> > coming out in 2 weeks?
>
> do you want it? then it's worth buying.

What if it cost a hundred bucks. What if it cost a thousand. One may want
it, but that doesn't mean it's worth buying.

Smooth Smoothie

Feb 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/5/97

hmmmm . . . . . . you're right, it would be quite illogical for someone
to purchase the CD for a thousand dollars.

ha, ha, ha, how funny this silly person was to make such an
un-thought-out comment

-brm

Hale

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

>I know a place that supposedly has the The Perfect Drug promo CD for
>$15.
>Is it worth buying?
>Does it have any tracks that won't be on the Lost Highway soundtrack
>coming out in 2 weeks?

I've got the promo and it contains two tracks, both perfect drugs only
one is a slightly shorter edit. Oh course this song will be on the
lost highway soundtrack as well. I've got the l.h. and it really
pretty good... not at all like natural born killers, but interesting
in its own right. It's very heavily instrumental. Driver Down is an
incredible track (except the shitty piano part at the end, cool sax
tho). I don't know if I'd pay the money for the promo... unless you'd
like to have a fairly rare CD.

hale

Woody Hanscom

Feb 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/6/97

In article <01bc13dc$785fac00$4b2774cf@mgross>, "SB"
<sbar...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>> > I know a place that supposedly has the The Perfect Drug promo CD for
>> > $15.
>> > Is it worth buying?
>> > Does it have any tracks that won't be on the Lost Highway soundtrack
>> > coming out in 2 weeks?
>>

>> do you want it? then it's worth buying.
>
>What if it cost a hundred bucks. What if it cost a thousand. One may want
>it, but that doesn't mean it's worth buying.

<shrug>

Discarding the philosophical ramblings being touched on here, I'd
say...no. If it's the same promo CD i've got (friend at a music store gave
it to me), it's only got two tracks. TPD, and a shorter version for radio
stations that don't like songs over 5 minutes. I wouldn't pay the $15 for
that...

--
-- wo...@alaska.net -- http://www.alaska.net/~woody/ --
-- Come visit the home of Gig's Music Theatre - the --

L. Dodds

Feb 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/7/97

I hope I'm correctly assuming that the Soundtrack will have the regular length
mix of the song?

In article <woody-06029...@anc-p35-33.alaska.net>, wo...@alaska.net
(Woody Hanscom) wrote:
~ In article <01bc13dc$785fac00$4b2774cf@mgross>, "SB"
~ <sbar...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

[snip]

~ Discarding the philosophical ramblings being touched on here, I'd
~ say...no. If it's the same promo CD i've got (friend at a music store gave
~ it to me), it's only got two tracks. TPD, and a shorter version for radio
~ stations that don't like songs over 5 minutes. I wouldn't pay the $15 for
~ that...
~

Aimee Lortskell

Feb 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/7/97

Woody Hanscom (wo...@alaska.net) wrote:
: <sbar...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
: >What if it cost a hundred bucks. What if it cost a thousand. One may want

: >it, but that doesn't mean it's worth buying.
: Discarding the philosophical ramblings being touched on here, I'd
: say...no. If it's the same promo CD i've got (friend at a music store gave
: it to me), it's only got two tracks. TPD, and a shorter version for radio
: stations that don't like songs over 5 minutes. I wouldn't pay the $15 for
: that...

no, not for a brand spanking new promo like that. i'm not as versed in
promo values for NIN stuff, but really new promos are usually around $3-5
where i shop. sometimes when promos get older they can grow in value,
especially if they have something on them that can't be found elsewhere
(tori amos' 1992 precious things promo is worth around $200-250 now), but
others can lose value (a friend just bought a NIN 1992 physical promo for
$1). this one doesn't have much exciting on it, so unless you're a
psychotic completist i wouldn't bother at $15. but if you were a
psychotic completist, you wouldn't be asking.

Aimee the Magdalene

*-Toriphile-BAAWA!-NINnie-*
* stuff IS the issue. *
* foreplay, boys! *