OT: Peanut Butter & Jelly

1 view

Brian Bernardini

Dec 10, 2001, 7:41:43 PM12/10/01
I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
jelly.

Thoughts?

-Brian
http://www.newkings.com
Remove the BUGGEROFF from my address to reply.

Bruce Anderson

Dec 10, 2001, 7:53:33 PM12/10/01
In article <bigtop-801950....@netnews.voicenet.com>,
Brian Bernardini <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote:

> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> jelly.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm partial to chunky with red rasberry or blackberry jam (seedless, por
favor). Oddly, there is no mention of PB&J in my "Professional Cooking"
book. Wonder why?

Bruce
np Michael Brecker _ Nearness Of You_ "I Can See Your Dreams"
--

"Ne...norina yo... watashi wa anata no uma"
- The Yellow Money "Love Love Show"

Wade B.

Dec 10, 2001, 8:15:59 PM12/10/01

Brian Bernardini wrote:

> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> jelly.

Grape, creamy, on Italian bread. Although apple is good in a pinch. Lard
is never an option.

Your wife is obviously possessed by Satan (or Santa...I get confused).

--
Wade B.

Hamfat!

Fastbulb

Dec 10, 2001, 8:19:00 PM12/10/01

>I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
>butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
>jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
>jelly.
>
>Thoughts?

I think the type of peanut butter is a subjective, personal, almost religious
preference, and as such can't be used as a criterion for identifying the one
true Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. That said, what kind of heathen are
you, preferring *creamy* "peanut butter"? :-) Crunchy is OBVIOUSLY the
superior, yeah verily the ONLY real choice. Hell, without chunks of peanuts,
you really don't know WHAT went into that peanut butter, do ya? EXTRA crunchy
is even better.

Grape, yeah, that's alright, at least if it's Concord grape. Strawberry is
fine, too. I've developed quite a taste for really chunky preserves of the
raspberry, strawberry, and/or black cherry varieties, frequently mixed on the
same sandwich.

And white bread is right out - you gotta use a good sturdy, stout, multi-grain
bread, or at least a good cracked wheat. Pepperidge Farm is good if you only
have the chain-store brands to deal with, but a good bakery-fresh wheat-berry
or oatmeal bread - preferably three slices - is the ultimate.

Now, do you put butter on the PB&J as well as peanut butter? And toasted
bread, or straight outta the bag? If I'm *really* making the PB&J the main
meal of the day (and this has happened), I toast the center slice for the
three-banger, and leave the other two non-toasted.

da9ve
NP MK/BFD 11/17/01 late show

Mike Puterbaugh

Dec 10, 2001, 8:20:47 PM12/10/01
Brian Bernardini <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote:

> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper"
> peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter
> and grape jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and
> strawberry jelly.

Strawberry PRESERVES, she no doubt means. Which would make it a
"peanut butter and preserves" sandwitch.

I accept your version as the default PB&J.

-Mike

Brian Bernardini

Dec 10, 2001, 8:29:11 PM12/10/01
In article <3C151912...@earthlink.net>, "Wade B."
<bue...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I thought so, too.

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 10, 2001, 8:33:56 PM12/10/01
"Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote...

> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> jelly.
>
> Thoughts?

No thank you, but I do have something to offer on this topic. It should be
Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter, and Trappist Monks' Blueberry Preserves.
Anything less is fucking bullshit.

Bread, by the way, is optional. I prefer a big spoon, loaded up with PB and
then dunked into the preserves - yum!

creamy peanut butter is for bastards,
ron

J. D. Mack

Dec 10, 2001, 8:49:58 PM12/10/01
Ron wrote:

>creamy peanut butter is for bastards,

Silly rabbit . . .

J. D.

Doug Boucher

Dec 10, 2001, 9:20:09 PM12/10/01
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote

> No thank you, but I do have something to offer on this topic. It should
be
> Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter, and Trappist Monks' Blueberry Preserves.
> Anything less is fucking bullshit.
>
> Bread, by the way, is optional. I prefer a big spoon, loaded up with PB
and
> then dunked into the preserves - yum!
>
> creamy peanut butter is for bastards,
> ron

This is the best newsgroup EVER.

Dougie

CWhite7753

Dec 10, 2001, 9:38:26 PM12/10/01
>Now, do you put butter on the PB&J as well as peanut butter?

You gotta put butter in the mix or you're missing out on 1/3 of the combo... (
peanut BUTTER and jelly)-see what I'm sayin' ?

TAPKAE

Dec 10, 2001, 9:42:46 PM12/10/01
Ron Spiegelhalter was duped into believing this:

> "Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote...
>> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
>> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
>> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
>> jelly.
>>
>> Thoughts?

You guys are fuckin' fools!

Girls dig a guy who have a copy of my new CD "Receiving."
You want girls to DIG you, DON'T you?

Try: www.mp3.com/TAPKAE
Buy: TAP...@mac.com

Jeremy Fox

Dec 10, 2001, 9:55:19 PM12/10/01
As peanuts cause me to go into anaphylactic shock, as far as I'm concerned,
the only good peanut butter sandwich is one without peanut butter.

-Jeremy

"Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote in message

Jeremy Fox

Dec 10, 2001, 9:57:03 PM12/10/01
For a long time I wouldn't eat grape jelly because I got an allergic
reaction over at my cousins' house. Turns out they used the same knife in
the peanut butter as they did in the jelly.

-Jeremy

"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote in message

Mike Puterbaugh

Dec 10, 2001, 10:45:29 PM12/10/01
TAPKAE <TAP...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You guys are fuckin' fools!

...keeep it creeeeamy, so it'll go down eaaaasy....

-Mike

David Wilcher

Dec 10, 2001, 10:55:16 PM12/10/01

"Wade B." <bue...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I was very shocked to learn that my wife has never eaten a peanut butter
& jelly sandwich. In her life. Never.

dave

fearthesmeenusimmons

Dec 10, 2001, 10:54:00 PM12/10/01

"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM>

> No thank you, but I do have something to offer on this topic. It should
be
> Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter, and Trappist Monks' Blueberry Preserves.
> Anything less is fucking bullshit.

What kind of *sick fuck* are you....

Creamy peanut butter will clear skin blemishes, add 3" to your cock & add 30
years to your life. *Crunchy* peanut butter will turn you into a quivering
mass of radioactive sludge in 2 seconds.

Almost any jelly/jam/preserves is acceptable, except maybe raspberry that's
loaded up with those little seeds, or Orange Marmalade with a lot of the
skin, but even those will work in a pinch.

> Bread, by the way, is optional. I prefer a big spoon, loaded up with PB
and
> then dunked into the preserves - yum!

OK, I guess you're not *completely* evil...

BTW, the most important element is an enormous glass of ice cold milk. And I
don't mean that *skim* shit either...
ftss

Fastbulb

Dec 10, 2001, 11:00:55 PM12/10/01

That's unREAL. Is she gonna eat one any time soon?

d9
NP - MK/BFD 11/14/01, Johnny D's, Somerville, MA

fearthesmeenusimmons

Dec 10, 2001, 11:06:56 PM12/10/01
Brian Bernardini wrote:
> > Your wife is obviously possessed by Satan

David Wilcher responded

> I was very shocked to learn that my wife has never eaten a peanut butter
> & jelly sandwich. In her life. Never.

Your wife is obviously Satan.
ftss
(I *think* I'm kidding...but...never in her life?!?!?)

David Wilcher

Dec 10, 2001, 11:23:00 PM12/10/01

"Fastbulb" <fast...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >I was very shocked to learn that my wife has never eaten a peanut butter
> >& jelly sandwich. In her life. Never.
> >
> >dave
>

> That's unREAL. Is she gonna eat one any time soon?

She said she would eat a PBJ - if you're buying, Da9ve! ;-)

dave

David Wilcher

Dec 10, 2001, 11:27:31 PM12/10/01
"fearthesmeenusimmons" <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

You bet your sweet ass she's not. The fuckin'
devil's got an english accent.

dave

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 10, 2001, 11:52:06 PM12/10/01
"fearthesmeenusimmons" <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote...

> BTW, the most important element is an enormous glass of ice cold milk. And
> don't mean that *skim* shit either...

But not whole either. Whole tastes like cow tit. You can practically smell
the fleshy udder nipples. I go for 2%, it's the perfect balance of
drinkability and tit flavor. But honestly I don't drink milk that often
anymore because it makes me phlegmy. And that's not fun.

ron

Sheryl W

Dec 11, 2001, 12:37:40 AM12/11/01

"Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote in message
> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> jelly.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Brian

What I prefer to eat - Crunchy peanut butter, to be sure. Cherry jelly is
tops but strawberry would do, too. Grape only in a pinch.

But the "J" I think of when I hear "PB&J" is grape.

Terry W.

Dec 11, 2001, 12:38:02 AM12/11/01

> I was very shocked to learn that my wife has never eaten a peanut butter
> & jelly sandwich. In her life. Never.
> dave

I haven't either. That doesn't make us *married*, does it?

The thought of peanut butter and jelly together just kind of makes me
cringe. But not that sharp, harsh cringe like nails on a chalkboard. This
is a loose, squishy cringe...kind of like watching those contests where
people mix a whole bunch of gross shit together and eat it. (shudder).

I *have* had peanut butter and banana, though. Can I still play with you
guys?

Terry

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 11, 2001, 12:49:33 AM12/11/01
"Terry W." <NOtwea...@nauticom.net> wrote...

> I *have* had peanut butter and banana, though. Can I still play with you
> guys?

Ooo, can I take this one? Oh goody. Ahem...

Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy!

Yay, I did it! Oh, what, not enough vowels? Well screw you guys, I'm going
home.

i'm this many,
ron

Fastbulb

Dec 11, 2001, 1:03:41 AM12/11/01

I'll go one better, in fact. When we finally get our Midwest Forhead
get-together together, I'll make everybody a round of super-bitchin' PB&Js.
With heavy-duty bread and good preserves - the works.

da9ve

Fastbulb

Dec 11, 2001, 1:07:27 AM12/11/01

Wow. You pod-people are making me feel all not-at-homey. How can anybody have
made it twenty-odd or thirty-odd years into living (at least in this country)
without having had a PB&J?

PB&Banana is OK - I have those once in a while, too, but they sure don't
replace the real thing.

Could be worse, though. One of my housemates in grad school (a bio-physics
doctoral student, no dummy, she) regularly ate Peanut butter and TOMATO
sammiches. There's cognitive dissonance of the palate for ya.

d9

David Wilcher

Dec 11, 2001, 1:14:24 AM12/11/01

"Terry W." <NOtwea...@nauticom.net> wrote in message

> > I was very shocked to learn that my wife has never eaten a peanut butter
> > & jelly sandwich. In her life. Never.
> > dave
>

> I haven't either. That doesn't make us *married*, does it?

Who, me and you? Or my wife and you? I'm really confused!

> The thought of peanut butter and jelly together just kind of makes me
> cringe. But not that sharp, harsh cringe like nails on a chalkboard.
This
> is a loose, squishy cringe...kind of like watching those contests where
> people mix a whole bunch of gross shit together and eat it. (shudder).
>
> I *have* had peanut butter and banana, though. Can I still play with you
> guys?

Terry, you can play with my banana any time. ;-)

dave

Jeremy Fox

Dec 11, 2001, 1:11:19 AM12/11/01

> I'll go one better, in fact. When we finally get our Midwest Forhead
> get-together together, I'll make everybody a round of super-bitchin'
PB&Js.
> With heavy-duty bread and good preserves - the works.

That's very kind, but I'll have to pass. Just reading this thread is making
my eyes itch.

-Jeremy

David Wilcher

Dec 11, 2001, 1:16:24 AM12/11/01

"Fastbulb" <fast...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >She said she would eat a PBJ - if you're buying, Da9ve! ;-)
> >

> I'll go one better, in fact. When we finally get our Midwest Forhead
> get-together together, I'll make everybody a round of super-bitchin'
PB&Js.
> With heavy-duty bread and good preserves - the works.

Sounds good to me! Hmm, what kind of wine goes with PB&J?

The purple kind, right?

dave

Bruce Anderson

Dec 11, 2001, 1:21:23 AM12/11/01
In article <WhgR7.12068$5W5.4...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

I think I stopped drinking milk about the time I moved out here to
SoCal. I think the only reason I ever drank it before was that Mom kept
buying the stuff. I've never been a big fan of leche. I'll happily drink
milk which has been used for my cereal (Frosted Mini Wheats rule!) and
those Carnation Instant Breakfasts (Chocolate Malt only, s'il
vous-plait) are pretty damn good, too...so it's not without its
non-culinary applications.

I'm sorry...what was the question?

Bruce
np Dave Perkins _The Innocence_ "Make Me Feel"
--

"Ne...norina yo... watashi wa anata no uma"
- The Yellow Money "Love Love Show"

Sheryl W

Dec 11, 2001, 1:27:59 AM12/11/01
Anyone remember Koogle flavored peanut butter? I was never brave enough to
try any of it.

And do the jars of peanut butter/jelly swirled together count? (not in my
book)

Fastbulb

Dec 11, 2001, 1:31:26 AM12/11/01

Yep - those with anaphylactic reasons can definitely sit out. Man, that would
so *suck* having that peanut allergy. I'm not really a major peanut fan
outside of PB&Js and peanut M&Ms (okay, and the odd Snickers bar, which
satisfies me), but knowing how many things have tiny trace amounts of peanut
oil in 'em, it'd be a *major* ass-pain to have to avoid it at all times.

da9ve

Bruce Anderson

Dec 11, 2001, 1:46:58 AM12/11/01
In article <PHhR7.116000$z55.15...@typhoon.neo.rr.com>,
"Sheryl W" <swa...@ANTISPAMcinci.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyone remember Koogle flavored peanut butter? I was never brave enough to
> try any of it.

I vaguely remember a flavoured spread but...um...my memory of the
mid-70s isn't what it used to be. I don't know if I was ever able to get
my Mom to buy it. It sounds like something I'd've wanted her to get.

> And do the jars of peanut butter/jelly swirled together count? (not in my
> book)

Ohhh, I remember those. I still see them around, sometimes. I've seen PB
and banana spread, which to me seems like it'd be nasty, and then of
course PB with grape jelly. The oddest one I've seen (and actually
bought) was a chocolate and orange spread. I thought it was a
little...um...unpleasent, but the wife appreciated its flavour and
texture more than I, so I left it to her to eat it up.

Bruce
np Dave Perkins _The Innocence_ "Every New Day"

John Willcoxon

Dec 11, 2001, 4:08:24 AM12/11/01
Now, now, Ron, don't make a fuss, I'll have your phlegm, I LOVE it!

JWDQ - Under the influence........

phlegm phlegm phlegm phlegm wonderful plegm wonderful phlegm.......

anybody seen my Viking?

Dennis Versteeg

Dec 11, 2001, 2:57:51 AM12/11/01
Over here in Europe (at least in the Netherlands) peanut butter and
jelly is something which is not eaten together.

The first time I was in the US I first saw it and was mildly disgusted
by the look. I refused to try it at first, but later had a bite and
was surprised that it actually worked.. I wasn't too crazy about it to
be honest, but I can understand that many people like it.

-dennis-

-----
"As you can see," Smith was saying as we walked down
a long and fairly rickety flight of metal stairs,
"they've just about frabjulated the primary phase
of the osmosifractionating de-hoo-dooer. And those
guys rattatting the willy-nilly say they ought to
have it whistling Dixie in three days' time."

from: John Varley - Steel Beach
(now that's impressive science for a sci-fi novel!)

Jeremy Fox

Dec 11, 2001, 3:44:45 AM12/11/01
Did you know that even plain M&Ms have peanuts in them? I learned that the
hard way when I was a kid.

-Jeremy

"Fastbulb" <fast...@aol.com> wrote in message

Snow Lizard

Dec 11, 2001, 4:45:06 AM12/11/01
Jeremy Fox wrote:

>As peanuts cause me to go into anaphylactic shock, as far as I'm concerned,
>the only good peanut butter sandwich is one without peanut butter.
>
>-Jeremy

There are also a number of industrial uses for the peanut.

I once fished over 100 feet of 12 AWG wire through conduit strapped to
the ceiling of a cheap-ass filter/transformer manufacturer that paid
me REALLY SHITTY wages. MAN, those guys were cheap! It took me a year
and a half to get a raise of $0.60/hr., and two months later, they cut
everyone's wages by 10%. My wages weren't even 10% above minimum wage,
so basically I could have been flipping hamburgers at McDonalds for
the same scratch.

THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

What was the question again?

SL

Snow Lizard

Dec 11, 2001, 4:59:57 AM12/11/01
Sorry about that last post... let's try this again:

>Jeremy Fox wrote:
>
>>As peanuts cause me to go into anaphylactic shock, as far as I'm concerned,
>>the only good peanut butter sandwich is one without peanut butter.
>>
>>-Jeremy
>>

>There are also a number of industrial uses for the peanut.
>
>I once fished over 100 feet of 12 AWG wire through conduit strapped to
>the ceiling of a cheap-ass filter/transformer manufacturer

using nothing more than a peanut. That's right, electrical
installation via peanut. There were four different colors of wire, and
it was very psychadelic. Oh, and I used some electrical tape. Cool,
huh?

Come to think of it, there was also a roll of nylon twine used, and a
rather attractive vaccum cleaner.

OK, the peanut was actually made out of styrofoam... maybe this isn't
a very good story.

Didn't someone manage to compress one of those things into phonograph
record needles?

SL

Adrian Clark

Dec 11, 2001, 4:50:20 AM12/11/01
Ron Spiegelhalter <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

> creamy peanut butter is for bastards,

Amen. The modern civilised world needs more solid principles like this.

Adrian

--
|| www. | www. | www. ||
|| spaghetti-factory | mp3.com/ | mp3.com/ ||

A.Adriaanse

Dec 11, 2001, 4:56:35 AM12/11/01
Dennis Versteeg schreef ...

> Over here in Europe (at least in the Netherlands) peanut butter and
> jelly is something which is not eaten together.

Daarom zijn zullie vetter dan wij.

AA

Rick Booth

Dec 11, 2001, 6:02:29 AM12/11/01

So have I (I live in England, and everything), and I eat them far too
often. (Well, peanut butter and _jam_, which is almost the same thing.)

And sometimes with bacon as well, coz I wanna be Elvis.

- rfb
--
ri...@rfbooth.com http://www.rfbooth.com/ Danger: nuts may contain nuts.
Damn damn DAMN! Hot flaming *fucknuggets*! Can we go again? Don't

Dennis Versteeg

Dec 11, 2001, 6:49:12 AM12/11/01
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:56:35 +0100, "A.Adriaanse"
<antal...@hotmail.comSPAM> brought the following to our attention:

ha!
helemaal waar

Wade B.

Dec 11, 2001, 7:22:41 AM12/11/01

Terry W. wrote:

> I *have* had peanut butter and banana, though. Can I still play with you
> guys?

Yeah, man. You and me and Red and Sonny can go out back and shoot at some
watermelons in the pool and then make fun of Robert Goulet, man.

TCB,

--
Wade B.

Hamfat!

Wade B.

Dec 11, 2001, 7:36:14 AM12/11/01

Ron Spiegelhalter wrote:

> "fearthesmeenusimmons" <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote...
> >
> > BTW, the most important element is an enormous glass of ice cold milk. And
> > don't mean that *skim* shit either...
>
> But not whole either. Whole tastes like cow tit.

You know, that harkens me back to the first time *I* tasted cow tit. I was but a
wee lad, not more than 10. I was minding my own business, wacking off in the
haymow with a 13 yr old Playboy magazine, when *she* appeared. Her black and
white spotted hide, her dewey bovine eyes, and those udders! So round, so firm,
so full of milk. It was like they were calling to me. I was kind of hesitant at
first - who isn't? - but after kicking aside the calf that was suckling there, I
dove in. Slurp City, man! Sure, I tried snorting it first, but that was too
messy, and would give away my actions, so I made the move to mainlining - right
in the mouth, man! Sure, I was a casual user for a while. Doing just for the
occasional thrill. But then SUmmer came, and I had to be on the farm all day,
every day. After that I was hooked - I couldn't go more than a day without the
taste of udder in my mouth. When I moved to LA to join a band, I'd tell myself -
"OK - this time I'm going 2 days in a row without it" "This time I'm making it
to sunset". But by then, I was hopelessly hooked. I'd drive around the city for
hours, and man, I went to some scary farms that you wouldn't send your worst
enemy to. Gang cows, Mexican cows, man, I didn't care. I even started sharing
udders with others "suckies". But then when my bandmate, Hillel, died from udder
madness, I decided it was time to clean up. ANd I did. And I wrote a song called
"Under the Bridge" and got me some tattoos and some washerboard abs and the rest
is rock and roll history.

I think...

--
Wade B.

Hamfat!

Doug Boucher

Dec 11, 2001, 8:36:58 AM12/11/01
"Rick Booth" <richar...@umist.ac.uk> wrote

> And sometimes with bacon as well, coz I wanna be Elvis.

Bacon? Did somebody say bacon? Mmm...bacon...

Must..resist...too many..fat...calories..Spooooock!!!.
Dougie
PS I love you, bacon. Sweet bacon. Come to me, sweet beautiful bacon...

J. D. Mack

Dec 11, 2001, 8:44:03 AM12/11/01
>Anyone remember Koogle flavored peanut butter? I was never brave enough to
>try any of it.

You mean peanutty Koogle, with the koo-koo-koogley eyes?

I used to stare longingly at the jars of Koogle in the store, knowing that our
family never bought anything as high end as that (economics being what they
were at the time for us). But I would have tried it in a heartbeat -
especially the chocolate flavored Koogle!

J. D.

David Wilcher

Dec 11, 2001, 9:57:53 AM12/11/01

> udders with others "suckies". But then when my bandmate, Hillel, died from
udder
> madness, I decided it was time to clean up. ANd

I love you Wade.

dave

drumzspace

Dec 11, 2001, 11:23:37 AM12/11/01
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote in message news:<WhgR7.12068$5W5.4...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>...

> But not whole either. Whole tastes like cow tit. You can practically smell
> the fleshy udder nipples. I go for 2%, it's the perfect balance of
> drinkability and tit flavor. But honestly I don't drink milk that often
> anymore because it makes me phlegmy. And that's not fun.

Good lord, Ron, that's the most breast-infested post I've seen from
you yet.

Personally, I don't drink milk anymore because I just can't make it
through a carton of the stuff before it turns to some solidified mass
that reeks of...well, nevermind.

np: Philip Glass and Foday Musa Suso- "Music from The Screens"

.ben.
http://www.digitaldisgrace.com
http://www.mp3.com/soulpagoda

Myke Hutchings

Dec 11, 2001, 11:39:19 AM12/11/01
Time to throw a real wrench into the works. I grew up around a lot of
Italian kids and learned the virtues (and truely amazing flavour of):

Peanut butter and Nutella.

Tastes just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a sandwich! Yummy!
--
=====
"Limiting yourself is the fastest way to fail." - Namugenyi Kiwanuka

Si

Dec 11, 2001, 11:42:37 AM12/11/01

"drumzspace" <drumz...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> np: Philip Glass and Foday Musa Suso- "Music from The Screens"

I may be completely off the mark here, but does that have "ik ook" on it?

Si

Bruce Anderson

Dec 11, 2001, 12:18:30 PM12/11/01
In article <_ZnR7.118155$z55.15...@typhoon.neo.rr.com>,

"Doug Boucher" <dNOboucherFRICKIN'@cinci.SPAMrr.com> wrote:

> "Rick Booth" <richar...@umist.ac.uk> wrote
>
> > And sometimes with bacon as well, coz I wanna be Elvis.
>
> Bacon? Did somebody say bacon? Mmm...bacon...

Ah, bacon...it does indeed go well with peanut butter...on a BLT. I'd
never put bacon on a PB&J sammich, I don't think.

But a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sammich is a whole 'nuther beastie.

Not kidding in the slightest,
Bruce

Bruce Anderson

Dec 11, 2001, 12:21:54 PM12/11/01
In article <3C15B880...@earthlink.net>,
"Wade B." <bue...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Ron Spiegelhalter wrote:
>
> > "fearthesmeenusimmons" <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote...
> > >
> > > BTW, the most important element is an enormous glass of ice cold milk. And
> > > don't mean that *skim* shit either...
> >
> > But not whole either. Whole tastes like cow tit.
>
> You know, that harkens me back to the first time *I* tasted cow tit.

When did this turn into "Penthouse Letters"?

Dear Penthouse...I just couldn't believe my eyes. She walked past me,
udder jiggling with every step...she looked back at me and winked as if
to say, "You know you want me, baby!" Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! It
was my lucky day!

Help me,

Bruce Anderson

Dec 11, 2001, 12:23:32 PM12/11/01
In article <XEqR7.30478$pa1.11...@news3.rdc1.on.home.com>,
"Myke Hutchings" <tab...@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:

> Peanut butter and Nutella.
>
> Tastes just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a sandwich! Yummy!

Oh, that does sound good. I am somewhat fond of Nutella, but I never
seem to actually finish a jar. This might be incentive. ^_^

drumzspace

Dec 11, 2001, 12:25:43 PM12/11/01
"Wade B." <bue...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3C15B880...@earthlink.net>...

> And I wrote a song called
> "Under the Bridge" and got me some tattoos and some washerboard abs and the rest
> is rock and roll history.
>
> I think...

I thought the song was called "Udder the Bridge".

(Jeez, you missed an easy one!)

Tom Yost

Dec 11, 2001, 12:31:49 PM12/11/01
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:41:43 GMT, Brian Bernardini
<big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote:

>I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
>butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
>jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
>jelly.
>
>Thoughts?

You're recipe is indeed proper.
On white bread.
With the crusts cut off.

Tom

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 11, 2001, 12:34:37 PM12/11/01
"Tom Yost" <t...@gSePsApMac.com> wrote...

That's not a very good haiku.

ron

Tom Yost

Dec 11, 2001, 12:41:52 PM12/11/01
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:27:59 GMT, "Sheryl W"
<swa...@ANTISPAMcinci.rr.com> wrote:

>And do the jars of peanut butter/jelly swirled together count?

No. That's just wrong.

Tom

J. D. Mack

Dec 11, 2001, 12:57:05 PM12/11/01
I'm not making this up - My mother has a cook book from 1910, and in the
sandwich section, it has peanut butter and strained pickle relish as a
consideration. Being the adventurous youngster I once was, I tried it, and if
I had to do it again, I could. It just wouldn't be my first choice.

Personally, I think that cherry and pineapple preserves are both excellent PBJ
components.

J. D.

Hagrinas Mivali

Dec 11, 2001, 1:16:48 PM12/11/01

"Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote in message

> I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> jelly.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm not a Unitarian, but I play one on Usenet. There are three things
needed. Bread. Peanut butter. Jelly. The bread may be toasted or
untoasted. It may be white, rye, French, partha, chapatti, nan, or a pile
of croutons. Or even a pita pocket. Other types of bread are acceptable
too. Heck, you can even use a Ritz. The peanut butter, however, must be
smooth, chunky, or semi-smooth. The jelly can be of any variety, or jam may
be substituted. Or marmalade. Love that marmalade even more than Alan. If
all else fails, use raspberry preserves. Or some other variety.

The real trick is what you leave out. No lettuce. And certainly no Swiss
cheese or anchovies. Hold the pickles, hold the special sauce. You just
gotta stick to the list above.

Hagrinas Mivali

Dec 11, 2001, 1:16:50 PM12/11/01

"Jeremy Fox" <yirm....@antispam.tiferet.com> wrote in message

> Did you know that even plain M&Ms have peanuts in them? I learned that
the
> hard way when I was a kid.
>
> -Jeremy

Actually, they "may" contain peanuts. It's a guessing game, but nothing
that a shot of epinephrine won't cure for most people who care.

Hagrinas Mivali

Dec 11, 2001, 1:16:51 PM12/11/01

"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote in message
> "Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote...

> > I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> > butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> > jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> > jelly.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> No thank you, but I do have something to offer on this topic. It should
be
> Skippy Super Chunk peanut butter, and Trappist Monks' Blueberry Preserves.
> Anything less is fucking bullshit.

I read that on the label. You forgot the (tm) symbol.

Hagrinas Mivali

Dec 11, 2001, 1:16:52 PM12/11/01

"Dennis Versteeg" <d.j.ve...@removethistoreply.tue.nl> wrote in message

> Over here in Europe (at least in the Netherlands) peanut butter and
> jelly is something which is not eaten together.
>
> The first time I was in the US I first saw it and was mildly disgusted
> by the look. I refused to try it at first, but later had a bite and
> was surprised that it actually worked.. I wasn't too crazy about it to
> be honest, but I can understand that many people like it.

You think that's a weird combination? Where I live, people eat frankfurters
with ketchup and insist on calling them hot dogs.

Claude Kuhnen

Dec 11, 2001, 1:30:26 PM12/11/01
"Dennis Versteeg" <d.j.ve...@removethistoreply.tue.nl> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3c15f2a0....@news.tue.nl...

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:56:35 +0100, "A.Adriaanse"
> <antal...@hotmail.comSPAM> brought the following to our attention:
>
> >Dennis Versteeg schreef ...
> >> Over here in Europe (at least in the Netherlands) peanut butter and
> >> jelly is something which is not eaten together.
> >
> >Daarom zijn zullie vetter dan wij.
>
> ha!
> helemaal waar

ll (= laut lachend)

da habt Ihr recht!

Claude

Jeremy Fox

Dec 11, 2001, 1:47:48 PM12/11/01
I don't know about now, but in the old days (like 20 years ago), they were
listed in the ingredients, pure and simple. I once had an allergic reaction
to a Hershey's milk chocolate bar (as well as Hershey's kisses), and nothing
was mentioned in the ingredients, but I knew. Since then, I pretty much
stay away from milk chocolate, especially Hershey's. And yeah, the
Epinephrine kits are great. I usually get hit once or twice a year, and
generally can avoid going to the hospital because of them. In fact, I just
got nailed this weekend. We were at a holiday party and there was peanut
sauce in the sushi. WTF!

-Jeremy

"Hagrinas Mivali" <b...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Christian Heilman

Dec 11, 2001, 2:46:05 PM12/11/01
I'm on Google readin' bout Koogle

Sounds like a Dylan lyric...

CH

"Sheryl W" <swa...@ANTISPAMcinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:<PHhR7.116000$z55.15...@typhoon.neo.rr.com>...

> Anyone remember Koogle flavored peanut butter? I was never brave enough to
> try any of it.
>

> And do the jars of peanut butter/jelly swirled together count? (not in my
> book)

TAPKAE

Dec 11, 2001, 3:40:56 PM12/11/01
Doug Boucher was duped into believing this:

> Bacon? Did somebody say bacon? Mmm...bacon...
>

> PS I love you, bacon. Sweet bacon. Come to me, sweet beautiful bacon...

Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

Girls dig a guy who have a copy of my new CD "Receiving."
You want girls to DIG you, DON'T you?

Try: www.mp3.com/TAPKAE
Buy: TAP...@mac.com

TAPKAE

Dec 11, 2001, 3:43:24 PM12/11/01
David Wilcher was duped into believing this:

>> udders with others "suckies". But then when my bandmate, Hillel, died from
> udder
>> madness, I decided it was time to clean up. ANd
>
> I love you Wade.
>
> dave

...Keep it greasy so it'll go down easyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

David Wilcher

Dec 11, 2001, 3:49:31 PM12/11/01

"Christian Heilman" <mixe...@speakeasy.org> wrote in message

> I'm on Google readin' bout Koogle
>
> Sounds like a Dylan lyric...

I searched for Koogle on Google, but all I found was some Yahoo
named Tim.

dave

drumzspace

Dec 11, 2001, 3:57:16 PM12/11/01
"Si" <sstro...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<9v5d0g$b1m$1...@kermit.esat.net>...

Nope, but it's a very fine CD regardless...I heartily recommend it.

Heartily.

Fastbulb

Dec 11, 2001, 3:56:59 PM12/11/01
>From: TAPKAE TAP...@hotmail.com
>Date: 12/11/01 3:40 PM US Eastern Standard Time

>Doug Boucher was duped into believing this:
>
>> Bacon? Did somebody say bacon? Mmm...bacon...
>>

>> PS I love you, bacon. Sweet bacon. Come to me, sweet beautiful bacon...
>>

>Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

Yeah - that KEEPS IT GREASY SO IT GOES DOWN EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

da9ve

TAPKAE

Dec 11, 2001, 4:00:12 PM12/11/01
>> But not whole either. Whole tastes like cow tit. You can practically smell
>> the fleshy udder nipples. I go for 2%, it's the perfect balance of
>> drinkability and tit flavor. But honestly I don't drink milk that often
>> anymore because it makes me phlegmy. And that's not fun.
>
> Good lord, Ron, that's the most breast-infested post I've seen from
> you yet.
>
> Personally, I don't drink milk anymore because I just can't make it
> through a carton of the stuff before it turns to some solidified mass
> that reeks of...well, nevermind.

Mmmmmm...cow juice...

From April 1999 to May 2001, I reserved a section in my fridge for a gallon
of milk. I initially just didn't get to drinking it on time, but after its
expiration date, I figgered 'wot the hell, lets leave it un opened and see
what we find.' I thought it'd go bad in a few days or weeks. As those 2
years passed, people came and went and it just sat there, unopened. Didn't
smell, didn't swell up or anything. The top of the jug got a bit thick and
cheezy where some air inevitably got in, but the stuff stayed remarkably
fluid.

I could have let this go on, but I had to rent some rooms out and I knew
this little experiment had to go. :^(

So I took it in the back of my truck for a few days. Finally, after being in
the sun it started to thicken and turn weird--separating into cheese and
gray water basically. I went to my friend's parking space at work -- an
underground garage at a big mall. I went and poured the stuff out in a ring
around his car, in a ring I dubbed the 'milky way.' By this point the stuff
reeked like mad, so I had to get the hell out. It poured out in chunks.
Eeeeeeewwwww.

TAPKAE

Dec 11, 2001, 4:04:25 PM12/11/01
Myke Hutchings was duped into believing this:

> Peanut butter and Nutella.

Hmmmmmmmm...Nutella...

I love that shit. I first had it in Germany, and by accounts I couldn't find
it here in '91-92. It was my fave. Slapping that and butter down on some
various German breads (hard, soft, nutty, grainy, etc) made for some neat
treats. Hmmm... To be back in Altoetting again.

Had my first liver and onions there. That wasn't a pleasurable. Memorable,
yes. Pleasurable no.

Jeremy Fox

Dec 11, 2001, 4:07:11 PM12/11/01
Maybe he meant Kugel.

-Jeremy

"David Wilcher" <dwil...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

TAPKAE

Dec 11, 2001, 4:12:20 PM12/11/01
Hagrinas Mivali was duped into believing this:

> I read that on the label. You forgot the (tm) symbol.

======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
=====

Tom Yost

Dec 11, 2001, 5:31:27 PM12/11/01
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:34:37 GMT, "Ron Spiegelhalter"
<r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

>> You're recipe is indeed proper.
>> On white bread.
>> With the crusts cut off.
>
>That's not a very good haiku.
>
>ron

You're recipe is
Indeed proper on white bread

With the crusts cut off.

Genius !

Tom

Tom Yost

Dec 11, 2001, 5:40:24 PM12/11/01

>> >Dennis Versteeg schreef ...

Isn't peanut butter kind of hard to find in Europe? I've always heard
Americans moving to Europe are warned to bring their own peanut
butter.

Something I've found that most Europeans don't care for is root beer.
I'm told it tastes like a certain popular brand of cough medicine !

Tom

Adrian Clark

Dec 11, 2001, 5:43:12 PM12/11/01
Myke Hutchings <tab...@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:

> Time to throw a real wrench into the works. I grew up around a lot of
> Italian kids and learned the virtues (and truely amazing flavour of):
>
> Peanut butter and Nutella.

Mmmm... reminds me of my student days. Peanut butter, chocolate spread
(nutella or otherwise) and marshmallow fluff.

Adrian

--
|| www. | www. | www. ||
|| spaghetti-factory | mp3.com/ | mp3.com/ ||
|| .co.uk | spaghettifactory/ | spaghetti96/ ||

Adrian Clark

Dec 11, 2001, 6:01:59 PM12/11/01
Tom Yost <t...@gSePsApMac.com> wrote:

> Isn't peanut butter kind of hard to find in Europe? I've always heard
> Americans moving to Europe are warned to bring their own peanut
> butter.

Don't know about mainland Europe, but here in that funny island off the
coast of France, it's easy enough to find. All supermarket chains have
their own (usually crap) versions, but also usually stock Whole Earth
PB.

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 11, 2001, 7:47:53 PM12/11/01
"Tom Yost" <t...@gSePsApMac.com> wrote...

> "Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:
>

> >> You're recipe is indeed proper.
> >> On white bread.
> >> With the crusts cut off.
> >
> >That's not a very good haiku.
> >
> >ron
> >

> You're recipe is
> Indeed proper on white bread
> With the crusts cut off.
>

> Genius !

Grammar, however,
Is equally important:
It ought to be "your."

ron

J. D. Mack

Dec 11, 2001, 8:08:52 PM12/11/01
Ed wrote:

>From April 1999 to May 2001, I reserved a section in my fridge for a gallon
>of milk. I initially just didn't get to drinking it on time, but after its
>expiration date, I figgered 'wot the hell, lets leave it un opened and see
>what we find.'

Ed, I am deeply indebted to you that I don't have to do this to find out what
happens. Deeply.

J. D.

fearthesmeenusimmons

Dec 11, 2001, 9:16:52 PM12/11/01

"Terry W." <NOtwea...@nauticom.net> wrote
> The thought of peanut butter and jelly together just kind of makes me
> cringe. But not that sharp, harsh cringe like nails on a chalkboard.
This
> is a loose, squishy cringe...kind of like watching those contests where
> people mix a whole bunch of gross shit together and eat it. (shudder).

Another thing I enjoy is what I call a "loser sandwich", Peanut butter &
Cheddar Cheese...

Yum Yum
ftss

Sheryl W

Dec 11, 2001, 9:24:40 PM12/11/01
Jeremy, I'll make the sacrifice of eating your share of milk chocolate, just
for your own safety. Mkay?

David Wilcher

Dec 11, 2001, 9:29:28 PM12/11/01

> Jeremy, I'll make the sacrifice of eating your share of milk chocolate,
just
> for your own safety. Mkay?

And I'll help!

milk chocolate, and chocolate milk,

dave

Sheryl W

Dec 11, 2001, 9:31:52 PM12/11/01

"Myke Hutchings" <tab...@nospam.rogers.com> wrote in message

> Time to throw a real wrench into the works. I grew up around a lot of
> Italian kids and learned the virtues (and truely amazing flavour of):
>
> Peanut butter and Nutella.
>
> Tastes just like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in a sandwich! Yummy!

Horrors! Chocolate and peanut butter don't go together. It's just wrong!
All that yucky peanut butter could just as easily be replaced with even more
yummy chocolate. It's gotta be a sin.
Keep my M&M's plain!!!
Down with peanut M&M's!

Slam

Dec 11, 2001, 10:00:42 PM12/11/01
How about Bananas?

-Elvis

> "Brian Bernardini" <big...@voiceBUGGEROFFnet.com> wrote in message

> > I've been arguing with my wife over what constitutes a "proper" peanut
> > butter & jelly sandwich. I insist it's creamy peanut butter and grape
> > jelly, while she'll only go for crunchy peanut butter and strawberry
> > jelly.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> I'm not a Unitarian, but I play one on Usenet. There are three things
> needed. Bread. Peanut butter. Jelly. The bread may be toasted or
> untoasted. It may be white, rye, French, partha, chapatti, nan, or a pile
> of croutons. Or even a pita pocket. Other types of bread are acceptable
> too. Heck, you can even use a Ritz. The peanut butter, however, must be
> smooth, chunky, or semi-smooth. The jelly can be of any variety, or jam
may
> be substituted. Or marmalade. Love that marmalade even more than Alan.
If
> all else fails, use raspberry preserves. Or some other variety.
>
> The real trick is what you leave out. No lettuce. And certainly no Swiss
> cheese or anchovies. Hold the pickles, hold the special sauce. You just
> gotta stick to the list above.

Sam Rouse

Dec 11, 2001, 10:17:27 PM12/11/01
In article <20011211125705...@mb-cg.aol.com>,
jdma...@aol.comspamaway (J. D. Mack) wrote:

> I'm not making this up - My mother has a cook book from 1910, and in the
> sandwich section, it has peanut butter and strained pickle relish as a
> consideration. Being the adventurous youngster I once was, I tried it, and
> if
> I had to do it again, I could. It just wouldn't be my first choice.
>
> Personally, I think that cherry and pineapple preserves are both excellent
> PBJ
> components.

Try Hawai'ian Kukui Papaya Coconut.

My peanut butter iconoclasm story - when but a wee lad, my Dad suggested that I
try a PB, lettuce, and mayo sandwich. It was actually a lot better than it
sounds - until about the third one which was made in advance for a fishing trip
or something like that; when mayo and PB are left in direct contact for a few
hours, some kind of bizarre elmusification transaction occurs, yielding a weird
crust at the intersection. In retrospect, I think my Dad was messing with me -
he also suggested a chocolate ice cream and Fresca float, which _is_ as bad as
it sounds.

And here's a poem I wrote on the subject:

Peanut Butter

I love a new jar of peanut butter.
I open the lid, my heart all a-flutter,
Peel off the tamper-proof seal so carefully
To reveal the creamy smoothness beneath.

It looks like a still, muddy pond on a clear autumn day
Or one of those designer pool tables the color of clay
Or, if it's chunky, a light dappling of chunks
As though a breeze stirred the pond (or maybe more like
exposed-aggregate concrete).

Then, I plunge in the knife and pull a scoop out
The pond now disturbed (hey, maybe there's trout!)
Spread it all over a biscuit or bagel
And then, if I'm hungry, I eat it.

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a new jar every day
Take out the first scoop and throw the rest away
(And eat only the heads
From chocolate bunnies).
-

Bruce Anderson

Dec 12, 2001, 3:09:10 AM12/12/01
In article <ZOxR7.13641$5W5.5...@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

> Grammar, however,
> Is equally important:
> It ought to be "your."

Said nothing before
Hoping another might say
Faith not unfounded

Bruce
--

"Ne...norina yo... watashi wa anata no uma"
- The Yellow Money "Love Love Show"

Dennis Versteeg

Dec 12, 2001, 3:10:53 AM12/12/01
On 11 Dec 2001 22:40:24 GMT, Tom Yost <t...@gSePsApMac.com> brought the
following to our attention:

>Isn't peanut butter kind of hard to find in Europe? I've always heard
>Americans moving to Europe are warned to bring their own peanut
>butter.

peanut butter is incredibly easy to find, from the tough gut crunchy
variation to the wimp's smooth stuff.

>Something I've found that most Europeans don't care for is root beer.
>I'm told it tastes like a certain popular brand of cough medicine !

yes, I couln't stand root beer. it's indeed a bit like cough medicine.
I think you can actually feel your teeth melting when you drink that
stuff.

-dennis-

-----
"As you can see," Smith was saying as we walked down
a long and fairly rickety flight of metal stairs,
"they've just about frabjulated the primary phase
of the osmosifractionating de-hoo-dooer. And those
guys rattatting the willy-nilly say they ought to
have it whistling Dixie in three days' time."

from: John Varley - Steel Beach
(now that's impressive science for a sci-fi novel!)

Dennis Versteeg

Dec 12, 2001, 3:11:42 AM12/12/01
On 11 Dec 2001 12:16:52 -0600, "Hagrinas Mivali" <b...@hotmail.com>

brought the following to our attention:

>You think that's a weird combination? Where I live, people eat frankfurters
>with ketchup and insist on calling them hot dogs.

well, if you've seen Pulp fiction, you know we Dutch people eat our
fries with mayonaise, yummy.

fearthesmeenusimmons

Dec 12, 2001, 4:08:44 AM12/12/01

"Dennis Versteeg" <d.j.ve...@removethistoreply.tue.nl>

> well, if you've seen Pulp fiction, you know we Dutch people eat our
> fries with mayonaise, yummy.

In Seattle it's tartar sauce (for frenc fries, that is)
ftss

A.Adriaanse

Dec 12, 2001, 4:37:34 AM12/12/01
Tom Yost schreef ...

> Isn't peanut butter kind of hard to find in Europe?

No.

AA

Rick Booth

Dec 12, 2001, 7:10:53 AM12/12/01
fearthesmeenusimmons <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Another thing I enjoy is what I call a "loser sandwich", Peanut butter &
> Cheddar Cheese...

Yes indeedy, but to do it _right_ you need mayo and black pepper in there
too.

Not in any way joking,

- rfb
--
ri...@rfbooth.com http://www.rfbooth.com/ Danger: nuts may contain nuts.
There *must* be a way of getting him over here. I'll even pretend to be

Doug Boucher

Dec 12, 2001, 8:39:08 AM12/12/01
"Bruce Anderson" <skullbubb...@mac.com> wrote

> > Grammar, however,
> > Is equally important:
> > It ought to be "your."
>
> Said nothing before
> Hoping another might say
> Faith not unfounded

Grammar can bite me
It ain't no fun, you fuckers
Look, peanut butter!

Dougie

drumzspace

Dec 12, 2001, 9:19:30 AM12/12/01
Tom Yost <t...@gSePsApMac.com> wrote in message news:<v23d1u48l4vboj13s...@4ax.com>...

> Isn't peanut butter kind of hard to find in Europe? I've always heard
> Americans moving to Europe are warned to bring their own peanut
> butter.

"Bring their own peanut butter"??? What kind weak-willed
black-socks-and-sandals doughey-whitebread American can't go without
fucking *peanut butter* for a week or two? I know you're just
relaying what you heard, but PHEWWWW.

Anyway, who wants peanut butter when Nutella is much tastier, more
ubiquitous and is proven to eradicate hangovers when part of this
nutritious breakfast. Thank the heavens we can get that stuff in the
States now...

Oh yeah, and happy Frank Sinatra Day, everyone.

np: Oppy - "Klavierstucke"

"You tell him I ain't no bandleader. Yeah, I heard that story."

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 12, 2001, 10:22:39 AM12/12/01
"fearthesmeenusimmons" <fearthesme...@earthlink.net> wrote...

In Burlington, VT, specifically Nectar's (home of "the pork"), it's brown
gravy. And oh my God is it good. In fact I've ordered fries with brown
gravy elsewhere many times and it's just not the same as Nectar's. Mike
Gaito himself persuaded me to give it a go, and I am eternally grateful to
him for that.

ron

Tom Yost

Dec 12, 2001, 10:41:25 AM12/12/01

DOH!

Genius... NOT!

Tom

Ron Spiegelhalter

Dec 12, 2001, 11:48:21 AM12/12/01
"Tom Yost" <t...@gSePsApMac.com> wrote...
> "Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

> >> You're recipe is
> >> Indeed proper on white bread
> >> With the crusts cut off.
> >>
> >> Genius !
> >
> >Grammar, however,
> >Is equally important:
> >It ought to be "your."
> >

> DOH!
>
> Genius... NOT!

That's not a very good haiku either.

ron

Doug Boucher

Dec 12, 2001, 1:05:38 PM12/12/01
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote

> > DOH!
> >
> > Genius... NOT!
>
> That's not a very good haiku either.

Neither was that.

Dougie

Doug Boucher

Dec 12, 2001, 1:06:33 PM12/12/01
"TAPKAE" <TAP...@hotmail.com> wrote

> Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

Well, it is one fine way of keeping it greasy...

Dougie

Tom Yost

Dec 12, 2001, 1:33:08 PM12/12/01
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:48:21 GMT, "Ron Spiegelhalter"
<r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote:

>That's not a very good haiku either.

I've got your haiku.

Tom