Warning: Digital Sound Planet (DSP) - Quartz Audio software

Michel Poirier

May 19, 2002, 8:35:21 AM5/19/02
Just want to warn fellow musicians about this company: "Digital Sound Planet" (DSP).

Although the free demo seems to work, their software, "Quartz Audio", does not run on XP and
they seem to have many other issues with stability and complex registration scheme.

You have to pay ($159) to get the full version but it is still locked!

I never bothered to download the unlock key and never unlocked the software (you have 7 days to
do so).

After many unsuccessful tries to get their software to run on my system, they acknowledged the
problem and agreed on April 5th to refund my online purchase.

They were supposed to send me a cheque which I never received! They do not reply to my messages
anymore!

I am now stuck with a expensive program that does nothing and I will never see my money again.

Don't buy from this company.

Michel

Luc Saint-Elie

Jun 2, 2002, 10:05:36 AM6/2/02
Michel,

This is simply not exact.

QAM works under XP and a fix has been posted in the support forum
(waiting for next release to take this in account)

Luc

Michel Poirier

Jun 2, 2002, 12:33:37 PM6/2/02
They may have FINALLY fixed it (2 months later!)...

But the fact is, they did agree to refund me and they never did. I never unlocked the crappy
software and they know that! They keep my money and I don't have a program!

They can get away with it because they are in France and I am in Canada. There is no recourse
with the credit card (VISA) company.

So my only recourse is to warn as many people as possible about the way this company is doing
business and I will continue for a VERY LONG TIME...

Michel

"Luc Saint-Elie" <luc@saint-elie_dot_com> wrote in message