Review of docu Michael Jackson: What Really Happened (Channel 4)

Ancalime

Oct 25, 2007, 5:26:41 AM10/25/07
Way scarier is the titular monster of Michael Jackson: What Really Happened
(Channel 4), Jacques Peretti's film about the self-crowned king of pop.
Lifelong Jacko fan Peretti talks to some excellent people - a childhood
friend, the ex-manager, a TV reporter who went out to get him, the
investigative journalist who wrote a book, people who stood by Jacko and
others who went out to bring him down.

The Michael Jackson who emerges is extraordinary, and not in a good way. It
seems that, as well as that zoo and the weird fairground rides at Neverland,
he had one of those brass tanks that Dr Frankenstein had. In stepped a
talented young singer and dancer. I don't know whose or what's DNA was
added, but out came a pale creature, with delusions of being some kind of
deity, special, untouchable. And weirder still, other people went along with
it; some even offered up their sons to him.

Then came the fall. It doesn't matter who it is - think Thatcher - there's
still something terribly tragic about a fall from a great height. And an
empty Vegas auction room, with lot after lot of Jackson memorabilia going
unsold, is a real tragedy.

Now Jackson wanders the world in a burka, alone. He gets arrested for being
in ladies' toilets, and sells autographs to pay for his dinner. And still he
dreams that, one day, he will arise again.

The most disturbing thing in a disturbing and revealing film? That Jackson
refers to semen as "duck butter". Euurrghh. I don't even understand, but
it's still horrible. We don't need to know that. Where's that hungry dog?
Here, boy! Duck butter!

· What did you think? Have your say at blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv_and_radio/story/0,,2198473,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=media

Hell Toupee

Oct 25, 2007, 8:56:44 AM10/25/07
Ancalime wrote:

> The most disturbing thing in a disturbing and revealing film? That Jackson
> refers to semen as "duck butter". Euurrghh. I don't even understand, but
> it's still horrible. We don't need to know that. Where's that hungry dog?
> Here, boy! Duck butter!
>
> · What did you think? Have your say at blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv_and_radio/story/0,,2198473,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=media

Huddle 'round children and listen to me
I'll give you a recipe
It'll make you smarter, it'll make you dimples
Even clear up your pimples
Invented by a derelict they found in the gutter
When they caught him in the alley he was eatin' duck butter

Duck butter, duck butter yum yum yum
See them waddle and you see them run
Pullin' their heads off 1-2-3
Duck butter, duck butter just for me

Take the butter and smear it on your hands
Stick it to your pimples and rub it on your tan
You can even eat it, it'll make you feel grand
Make a girl into a woman, make a boy into a man

Duck butter, duck butter, don't you see
Gotta make things better for you and me

-- 'Duck Butter' by Scrooz Lewis

Hell "I can find _anything_" Toupee