My Philly Review (the one that counts more than Brett's)

j 3 5 t 3 r

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
Alright, I'm going to try and give a more detailed account of what actually
happened, sans spelling errors.

The people that went to the Philly show include: Matt, Russ, Me, Amy, Brett,
Drew, James, Dave, Steve and Marcella. Don't be deceived though, only me,
Brett, Drew, Matt and Russ post here, and occasionally Amy. The other four were
invited, and do not post here, but they were all still cool. So mad props to my
homies.

I'm not going into detail about me having to wait for Russ, or the drive into
the city (imagine the car chase in Ronin, but a lot sloppier), or anything else
that happened.

Ok, so we arrive at the show about an hour and a half early and there is
already a line, but not very big. So, we decided to just stand around and wait,
and speculate. Drew and his friend Steve burned their arms with cigarettes, but
that was the only interesting thing. And honestly, our group looked like the
most normal people that were there.

Anyway, they finally let us in after patting us down for weapons/cameras or
maybe the doormen were just gay and wanted to cop a feel. We get in, and I
immediately bought the pacman shirt and threw it on. I felt so special. Our
whole group got a good spot about two-three rows of people back, and toward the
right side next to the speakers.

The first band was kHz. I give them credit because the singer was hot and she
had a nice voice, but the lyrics sucked llama balls, and the music itself was
horrible. They sung four songs and were gone.

The second opener was Carfax Abbey. They were better than kHz, but they still
blew. The singer kept screaming his lyrics, and in between verses he did stupid
little gestures like he was a snake (which he just happened to have had painted
one on his body). They played a longer set before they started setting up for
MDFMK. They kept having problems getting the mic to work right, and took about
a half an hour to fix.

Sascha came out in the dark, and everyone cheered has he started up a special
version of American Dream. Then, the angel of all angels appeared, and she was
Lucia. The crowd really didn't get into it at all, because I think no one knew
it.

After that they broke into Now, with Tim taking the stage. Everyone went nuts.
Now, I'm not going to critique every song, but just point out a few high notes.

-they unveiled the robot on Control
-Tim played the guitar with a Drill on Be Like Me
-Tim sung into the guitar at the beginning of Action/Reaction, and he used a
phaser gun to make the sounds into his guitar, and it sounds fucking sweet.
-the guy came out and poured 'gasoline' on his body, to which Sascha lit him on
fire in tune to the explosion at the end of the song
-Lucia screamed her head off on the guitar solo during Rabble Rouser
-she also used a megaphone during Control
-the biggest pit by far was Witch Hunt, almost tieing with Rabble Rouser
-we chanted 'We Want More' and they started the encore of Adios and DIY
-after that we chanted 'Anarchy', which really got Tim stoked and we had to
chant it again before they started

All in all, the show fucking rocked my nuts, but that was only the half of it.

Afterwords, we all met outside by the bus, awaiting the band to come out. We
got to hang with them for about a half an hour, while taking photos, and
getting autographs. We all ended up getting a group shot of the band with the
members of our group, which I hopefully will have developed soon and will be
displayed somewhere.

I also got the members to sign one of my jester hats, so I now have a sacred
treasure for the rest of my life. And not to give too much else away, but we
also met someone else there, and she was really cool as well. She came back out
and handed posters out to all of us, and they were all autographed.

But, that was basically it. We all had a blast, and got to hang out with one
another, and had a flat out good time. Anyone else that is going, try to fully
enjoy yourselves.

-:- j 3 5 t 3 r -:-
der minister undhandlicher geganstande
-------------------------
A wise man once said:
If you can't stand the heat.... AAH! My dick's on fire!!

now broadcasting on:
alt.music.mdfmk

synthesizor

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
> Anyway, they finally let us in after patting us down for weapons/cameras
or
> maybe the doormen were just gay and wanted to cop a feel. We get in, and I
> immediately bought the pacman shirt and threw it on. I felt so special.
Our
> whole group got a good spot about two-three rows of people back, and
toward the
> right side next to the speakers.

they do that at all shows.... because all doormen are gay.

> Sascha came out in the dark, and everyone cheered has he started up a
special
> version of American Dream. Then, the angel of all angels appeared, and she
was
> Lucia. The crowd really didn't get into it at all, because I think no one
knew
> it.

that reminds me, before mdfmk went on at the glasshouse in pomona, sascha
came out in this like star wars evil emperor getup, as a disguise, to test
some of the equipment they were setting up. of course, we knew it was him,
because we are so smart and mega-fantastic. did he come out in that suit
at any other shows?

> Afterwords, we all met outside by the bus, awaiting the band to come out.
We
> got to hang with them for about a half an hour, while taking photos, and
> getting autographs. We all ended up getting a group shot of the band with
the
> members of our group, which I hopefully will have developed soon and will
be
> displayed somewhere.
>
> I also got the members to sign one of my jester hats, so I now have a
sacred
> treasure for the rest of my life. And not to give too much else away, but
we
> also met someone else there, and she was really cool as well. She came
back out
> and handed posters out to all of us, and they were all autographed.

that kicks some Giant Ass...... i'm glad you got to chill with them. and
yeah, the "someone else" is pretty damn cool.. hehe.

--
[synthesizor]
[a.m.m. - the future of usenet must not belong to the mediocre]

Mark Koch

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00

What exactly is the "special version"???

Mark Koch

j 3 5 t 3 r wrote:

> Sascha came out in the dark, and everyone cheered has he started up a special
> version of American Dream.

> -:- j 3 5 t 3 r -:-

Brett Banditelli

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:05:03 GMT, Mark Koch <finn...@home.com>
wrote:

>What exactly is the "special version"???

different intro, i think he was freestyling the loops on his KB or
something

Brett/banditelli
--
<www.mp3.com/ntl242>
<mdfmk2000tour.cjb.net>

YodaEdge

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
I was at the Philly show too. I had a blast! I just about passed out during
Witch Hunt I was slamming so hard. All I can say is that they better come back
soon.

Jay the rambling idiot
Yoda...@aol.com
Yoda...@nospam.aol.com

Brett Banditelli

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
On 18 Jun 2000 05:20:39 GMT, yoda...@aol.comnospam (YodaEdge) wrote:

>I was at the Philly show too. I had a blast! I just about passed out during
>Witch Hunt I was slamming so hard. All I can say is that they better come back
>soon.

did you like my sign?

Brett/banditelli
my comp clock is fixed

Brett Banditelli

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
On 18 Jun 2000 05:48:09 GMT, mjes...@aol.come.down (j 3 5 t 3 r)
wrote:

>>I was at the Philly show too. I had a blast! I just about passed out during
>>Witch Hunt I was slamming so hard. All I can say is that they better come
>>back
>>soon.
>

>Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt, because
>just about half the crowd did.

naw id say like 30% angst and 30-40 MDFMK,mostly red, only like 10%
didnt have KMFDM/MDFMK related on, i though that jenkins kids hair was
cool, and i remmeber that 1 kid had a swamp terrorists shirt on, cause
its the only one ive ever seen,haha,oh yah, and there was that
MANSON/KMFDM guy: i wanted to punch him several times, i still dunno
what that guy we gave like $3 in change to was talkin about, oh yah
and that guy across the street with the leather shirt or vinyl i
dunno, i wanted to kick him in the head too

Brett/banditelli

j 3 5 t 3 r

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
>I was at the Philly show too. I had a blast! I just about passed out during
>Witch Hunt I was slamming so hard. All I can say is that they better come
>back
>soon.

Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt, because
just about half the crowd did.

-:- j 3 5 t 3 r -:-

implode

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
j 3 5 t 3 r illegibly scribbled the following:

> >I was at the Philly show too. I had a blast! I just about passed out during
> >Witch Hunt I was slamming so hard. All I can say is that they better come
> >back
> >soon.
>
> Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt, because
> just about half the crowd did.

Really? I think I was the only person at the NY show that was wearing an
Angst shirt... I saw lots of Symbols shirts though.

--
Matt
np: nothing

Space for rent http://mtsys.home.att.net/
$19.95 a month!

j 3 5 t 3 r

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
>> Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt,
>because
>> just about half the crowd did.
>
>Really? I think I was the only person at the NY show that was wearing an
>Angst shirt... I saw lots of Symbols shirts though.

I actually wore the tour 97 shirt to the show, and no one else had it on. It
was really cool. Then I got in and snarfed a pacman shirt and threw it on quick
like.

YodaEdge

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
>did you like my sign?

>Brett/banditelli

I saw you (at least I'm guessing it was you since I only saw one person hold a
sign up) holding it but have no idea what it said. I didn't really look at it,
drooling all over myself as I was because of Lucia and her fishnet leg. ;-)

>Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt,
>because
>just about half the crowd did.

I wasn't wearing an Angst shirt. Or a KMFDM shirt at all for that matter. I
was the epitome of high fashion (dodging a lightning bolt for that one) wearing
black shorts and a black button up shirt that had a couple Coroner patches on
it. Short black spiky hair. Really dopey looking.

Jay the rambling idiot
Yoda...@nospam.aol.com

Brett Banditelli

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
On 19 Jun 2000 22:39:52 GMT, yoda...@aol.comnospam (YodaEdge) wrote:

>>did you like my sign?
>
>>Brett/banditelli
>
>I saw you (at least I'm guessing it was you since I only saw one person hold a
>sign up) holding it but have no idea what it said. I didn't really look at it,
>drooling all over myself as I was because of Lucia and her fishnet leg. ;-)

bleh, hero worship and lucia

>>Really? Cool. Which one were you? And don't say you had an Angst shirt,
>>because
>>just about half the crowd did.
>
>I wasn't wearing an Angst shirt. Or a KMFDM shirt at all for that matter. I
>was the epitome of high fashion (dodging a lightning bolt for that one) wearing
>black shorts and a black button up shirt that had a couple Coroner patches on
>it. Short black spiky hair. Really dopey looking.

naw, dont remember yah, only kid i remember liek that was that jenkins
kid or jensin

as long as yah weére that guy in the MM anticrist superstar trenchcoat
youre cool

YodaEdge

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
>bleh, hero worship and lucia

Not so much hero worship or even lucia worship.....more just fetishy fishnet
type worship. Hell, if that girl from that sucky first band was wearing
fishnets my opinion of her might've risen a little.

>as long as yah weére that guy in the MM anticrist superstar trenchcoat

Are you kidding? I was sweating my balls off in just shorts and a shirt. If I
was in a trench I'd probably be dead.

j 3 5 t 3 r

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
>wearing
>black shorts and a black button up shirt that had a couple Coroner patches on
>it. Short black spiky hair. Really dopey looking.

yah, i remember you, but i didn't see you very much. i just remembered the
coroner shirt.

-:- j 3 5 t 3 r -:-
der minister undhandlicher geganstande

Super-mega-ultra-uber-flashy cool.

now broadcasting on:
alt.music.mdfmk: +h3 fu+ur3 0f uz3n3+ muz+ n0+ b370ng +0 +h3 m3d!0cr3