cool quotes

chronicgeneration

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
a cobra will bite wheather you call it cobra or mr.cobra
indian proverb

--
ChronGen
...a healthy body in an empty mind...

fadeaway53

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00

chronicgeneration wrote:

> a cobra will bite wheather you call it cobra or mr.cobra
> indian proverb

Happiness is just around the corner. Unfortunately it is lying dead in
a gutter after being beaten to death by real life.

Rob

Keitho

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00

' Chain still swinging - seat still warm '
Chinese proverb.

' You can't fire a cannon from a canoe '
Admiral Nelson.

Keitho

Jeff

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
"Inferiors Revolt In Order That Thay May Be Equal,
And Equals That Thay May Be Superior"
- Benjamin Jowett

Voskat

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
chronicgeneration heeft geschreven in bericht ...

>a cobra will bite wheather you call it cobra or mr.cobra
>indian proverb

Why would I want to talk to a cobra?

--

"If we get bored we'll move to California"

Evil MP3's >>> http://deadtv.cjb.net
Manic Millennium diary >>> http://www.angelfire.com/co/voskat
Currently playing: Portrait Of An American Family - Marilyn Manson

Voskat

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
"If we get bored we'll move to California" - Black Francis

Matt Bloomer

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
Voskat is not really here and this is not really happening. Still, the
show must go on...

>"If we get bored we'll move to California" - Black Francis

ARGH which song is that from? That's the bad thing with these
quotations - you catch one you know but can't think for the life of you
where it's from. Is it on Surfer Rosa or Come On Pilgrim (I have them
as a double-album)?
--

*** Matthew Bloomer, f---up extraordinaire ***
mailto:mblo...@bigfoot.com *** http://www.bigfoot.com/~mbloomer

Voskat

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
>ARGH which song is that from? That's the bad thing with these
>quotations - you catch one you know but can't think for the life of you
>where it's from. Is it on Surfer Rosa or Come On Pilgrim (I have them
>as a double-album)?

Vamos off Come On Pilgrim. Still good to see plenty of people knowing who
Black Francis is in the first place.
Mwah.

--

"If we get bored we'll move to California"

Evil MP3's >>> http://deadtv.cjb.net

Voskat

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
>"[fame is] something the Manic Street Preachers will not achieve in
>thier wildest dreams. They will be long, long gone very shortly. Mark my
>words" - Bob Mould, 8 years ago and counting.

Hmm. JDB apparently forgave him, though, cos he requested a Sugar song when
he co-presented Alternative Nation a few years ago.

Matt Bloomer

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
(not exact, but the gist is here)

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: 'You, sir, are drunk.'
Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: 'You, madam, are ugly but I'll be sober
in the morning.'

Matt Bloomer

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00
Voskat is not really here and this is not really happening. Still, the
show must go on...
>Vamos off Come On Pilgrim. Still good to see plenty of people knowing who
>Black Francis is in the first place.
>Mwah.

Damn, I should've know - Vamos is one of my favourite songs on that
album. I like the way Black Francis' voice sounds a lot like the
guitar, and that the guitar sounds quite waily. The intro is nowhere
near as quirky as Tony's Theme though, and NO song in the world, ever
compares to Where Is My Mind. I went to see Fight Club for that very
film :)

*thinks* Have the Manics ever had a song in a film? I can't think of
any. Hmm.

hate is art

Jan 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/15/00

"I doubt if that woman's ever had a fuck, let alone had her waters
break." - Dianne Abbot, MP, on Anne Widdecombe

LOL! When did she say this?

hate is art
--
"decaying flowers in the playground of the rich"

Voskat

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
>Damn, I should've know - Vamos is one of my favourite songs on that
>album. I like the way Black Francis' voice sounds a lot like the
>guitar, and that the guitar sounds quite waily. The intro is nowhere
>near as quirky as Tony's Theme though, and NO song in the world, ever
>compares to Where Is My Mind.

I adore those longish psychedelic tracks on Bossanova (The Happening, All
Over The World). They never beat those. <nods>

>I went to see Fight Club for that very film :)

Right, lay off the vodka. :)

>*thinks* Have the Manics ever had a song in a film? I can't think of
>any. Hmm.

Motown Junk is on the Twin Town soundtrack. :P

Michael

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
"You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts."
- Kahlil Gibran

"Not only did I disturb your precious angels, but I shredded their
silken wings and drank their heavenly ichor."
- R.J.M. Lofficier

"It's neurotic fat women who hate me - they're stupid."
- Kate Moss

"Dear Mrs, Mr, Miss, or Mr and Mrs Daneeka: Words cannot express the
deep personal grief I experienced when your husband, son, father or
brother was killed, wounded, or reported missing in action."
- Joseph Heller, Catch 22

"I am interested in an indistinct prospect, a distant view, a mere
suggestion often, revealing an almost wholly new world to me. I rejoice
to get, and am apt to present, a new view. But I find it impossible to
present my view to most people. In effect it would seem that they do not
wish to take a new view in any case."
- Henry David Thoreau

"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words
become superfluous."
- Angrid Bergman

"I want to make some impact, whether it's being a star or shooting a
president or having a successful relationship with someone. I'm not sure
what I want to do, but I want to matter to some degree to someone, or to
myself."
- Trent Reznor

"If I could be one thing in the world, I would be a tear born in your
eyes, living on your cheek, and dying on your lips."

--
Michael
~ Bored Out Of My Mind @}--'-,-- ~

KrazyCat

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00

>"I want to make some impact, whether it's being a star or shooting a
>president or having a successful relationship with someone. I'm not sure
>what I want to do, but I want to matter to some degree to someone, or to
>myself."
>- Trent Reznor

Trent!

~Tori~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Too fucked up to care anymore"
-Nine Inch Nails
http://come.to/lillepus

Matt Bloomer

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
Voskat is not really here and this is not really happening. Still, the
show must go on...
>I adore those longish psychedelic tracks on Bossanova (The Happening, All
>Over The World). They never beat those. <nods>

That is the one album of theirs I haven't yet bought - no money!

>>I went to see Fight Club for that very film :)
>Right, lay off the vodka. :)

Song, I meant song. I think a hell of a lot faster than I write so I
sometimes mix up words like that. -I- know what I mean. :P

>>*thinks* Have the Manics ever had a song in a film? I can't think of
>>any. Hmm.
>Motown Junk is on the Twin Town soundtrack. :P

...and I have never heard of that film :)

Naomi Naomi ... sadly, not revising is she

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
"No people sing with such pure voice as those who live in deepest hell" -
Kafka

"All great and original artists are hated by contemporary mediocrity" - Shaw

"What's wrong with a bit of an industrial language in the workplace?" -
Gazza

Danny
www.allaboutbeth.co.uk - eyeliner legend immortalized
Money is reward enough: www.alex82.freeserve.co.uk

Tim Gwinnett

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
Said Naomi Naomi ... sadly, not revising is she:

> "No people sing with such pure voice as those who live in deepest hell" -
> Kafka

Kefka?

Naomi Naomi ... ?

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
Tim Gwinnett wrote

> > "No people sing with such pure voice as those who live in deepest
hell" -
> > Kafka
> Kefka?

Franz Kafka, the guy in the 20's who coughed a lot.