My First Mandolin!! Whoo-hooo!!

Leon Trollski

Sep 2, 2005, 10:48:25 AM9/2/05
It was the first one I picked up and tried (Ovation Applause). I wouldn't
know better but thought it sounded good, felt good and looked really
interesting.

What blew me away was the quantity of dedicated Web resources of every sort
for this instrument.

I've played acoustic guitars for 25 years.

Would anyone please recommend the handiest quick chord lookup page?

thanks, looking forward to reading this group for a long time to come.

Doug Deedman

Sep 2, 2005, 11:00:49 AM9/2/05

bman

Sep 2, 2005, 5:23:36 PM9/2/05
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:48:25 GMT, "Leon Trollski" <fan...@netguy.net>
wrote:

I assume you have found the chord sheets on the mandolin cafe site. A
good interactive site is: http://chordfind.com/4-string/

Leon Trollski

Sep 2, 2005, 11:31:55 PM9/2/05

"bman" <som...@somewhere.com> wrote in message

Yes, the chord sheets were exactly what I wanted. The ChordFind is really
interesting.

The unknown Posterchild

Sep 5, 2005, 1:16:51 PM9/5/05

"Leon Trollski" <fan...@netguy.net> wrote in message

I highly recommend picking up the Hal Leonard book.
Online, I use http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/chords/ch.pl

Leon Trollski

Sep 5, 2005, 9:09:52 PM9/5/05

"The unknown Posterchild" <asl...@thewheel.com> wrote in message

> I highly recommend picking up the Hal Leonard book.

Which one? SheetmusicPlus has a ton of them.

I had ordered the mandolin arrangement to O Brother Where Art Thou
(http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_detail.html?sku=HL.695762&cart=3334
94232350160&searchtitle=Sheet%20Music). I don't know if the arrangement to
Down By the River to Pray will resemble John Paul Jones version (from the
Thunderchief). I await delivery eagerly.

ronworld

Sep 7, 2005, 7:49:45 AM9/7/05
Leon Trollski wrote:

The Mandolin Roadmaps on that website is a good starter. I got it and it
helped me get into the Mando Vibe. I have the " Brother " book too Its a
bit of fun that will give you a rough guide to whats being played.
Ron