Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Loose tone-arm Technics

55 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

DJ Raoul

ongelezen,
6 nov 2000, 03:00:0006-11-2000
aan
Hi there,

The tone-arm of my 1210 can move a little, so I want to adjust the tone-arm
pivot. There are two screws on top, a smaller one inside a bigger one. I've
read in the 1200 FAQ that the outer one is to lock it, but I can't unlock it
because no screwdriver will fit.

Is there a special type of screwdriver for the outer screw, or should the
inner screw be 'lower' so that de big one can be accessed with a regular
screwdriver??

Thanx,

R/\OUL

Dré

ongelezen,
8 nov 2000, 03:00:0008-11-2000
aan
"DJ Raoul" <dj_r...@email.com> wrote:

There's a special tool for this type of work. It's a screwdriver sort of inside
a screwdriver (nutdriver would be a better description). You could get a large
screwdriver and remove the part that touches the small screw.

Be sure to know what you're doing. Gimbal suspensions can be a pain to set-up.
Also consider WHY there is mechanical play. Most of the time there isn't any
play when the 1200 leaves the factory. So quite probably the 1200 has seen some
abuse (and probably gimbal damage).

Also be sure you've LOCKED the base (so it's not the play on the base you're
feeling).

Best option: Take it to a good shop for a "check-up"!

--
André Huisman
New Line licht & geluid

0 nieuwe berichten