(OT) Non-theme, TV-related chart hits

allenk...@hotmail.com

Sep 19, 2008, 9:53:43 AM9/19/08
The following is the list of non-theme, but TV-related, songs that
have hit, or bubbled under, the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart
(unless otherwise noted). The list includes songs performed on-camera
on a TV series. Music show performances (e.g. Solid Gold, Soul Train)
are excluded, as are appearances on talk shows and variety shows (e.g.
Saturday Night Live). The list includes songs used as background
music in a TV series, mini-series, specials or commercials, but only
if they charted (or re-charted) as a result of their inclusion in a
particular TV series, mini-series, special or commercial. It includes
songs that inspired a TV series or special (e.g. Rudolph the Red Nosed
Reindeer) as well as songs that make reference to a TV series, TV
characters OR TV NETWORKS in their title and/or lyrics or are sung by
TV characters or TV musical acts (e.g. the Monkees). Finally, it
includes newly charted songs from TV show soundtracks.

NEW ENTRIES AND REVISIONS IN BOLD.

The song ‘Let Me Go Lover’, by Joan Weber, (and originally done by
Georgie Shaw as ‘Let Me Go Devil’), was featured in a CBS-TV Studio
One production. It hit #1.

The song ‘Johnny Angel’, by Shelley Fabares, was performed (by
Fabares) on the TV series ‘the Donna Reed Show’ (on which she co-
starred). It hit #1.

The song ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’, which charted for Gene
Autry, David Seville and the Chipmunks, the Melodeers and Paul Anka,
was featured in the TV special ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’. It
hit #1 and #57 for Gene Autry, #21, #47 and #77 for David Seville and
the Chipmunks, #71 for the Melodeers and #104 for Paul Anka.

The song ‘Last Train to Clarksville’ was sung by the TV musical act
‘the Monkees’. It hit #1

The song ‘I’m a Believer’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #1

The song ‘Daydream Believer’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #1

The song ‘Sugar, Sugar’, by the Archies, was featured on the Archies
TV series. It hit #1.

THE SONG ‘I THINK I LOVE YOU’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL ACT ‘THE
PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #1.

The song ‘Baby Come to Me’, by Patti Austin (with James Ingram), was
featured on the TV series ‘General Hospital’. It had originally
peaked at #73, in early 1982, but re-charted to #1, later that same
year, due to its play on the series.
THE SONG ’99 LUFTBALLONS’, BY NENA, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE CAPTAIN
KIRK CHARACTER FROM ‘STAR TREK’. IT HIT #1.

THE SONG ‘MONEY FOR NOTHING’, BY DIRE STRAITS, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE
TV NETWORK ‘MTV’. IT HIT #1.

The song ‘At This Moment’, by Billy Vera & the Beaters, was featured
on the TV series ‘Family Ties’. It had originally peaked years
earlier at #79, but re-charted to #1, due to its play on the series.

The song ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’, by Billy Joel, makes reference to
the TV SERIES ‘PEYTON PLACE’ AND THE TV game show ‘Wheel of Fortune’.
It hit #1.

The song ‘One Week’, by Barenaked Ladies, makes reference to the TV
series ‘The X-Files’ and ‘Sailor Moon’. It hit #1.

The song ‘A Moment Like This’, by Kelly Clarkson, was featured on the
soundtrack ‘American Idol: Greatest Moments’. It hit #1.

The song ‘Bad Day’, by Daniel Powter, was regularly featured on the
fifth installment of the TV series ‘American Idol’. It hit #1, in
part due to its play on the series.

The song ‘A Little Bit of Me, a Little Bit of You’ was sung by the TV
musical act ‘the Monkees’. It hit #2.

The song ‘You Belong to the City’, by Glenn Frey, was featured on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Miami Vice’. It hit #2.

The song ‘Friends and Lovers’, by Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson,
gained popularity after being featured in the TV series ‘Days of our
Lives’ (on which Loring co-starred). It hit #2.

The song ‘Kiss Me’, by Sixpence None the Richer, gained popularity, in
part, due to its play on the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit #2.

The song ‘No Matter what Shape (Your Stomach’s in)’, by the T-Bones,
had its melody taken from an Alka Seltzer commercial. It hit #3.

The song ‘Pleasant Valley Sunday’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #3.

The song ‘Valleri’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the Monkees’. It
hit #3.

The song ‘Sing’, by the Carpenters (previously released by Barbra
Streisand as part of the medley ‘Sing a Song/Make Your Own Kind of
Music’), was featured on the TV series ‘Sesame Street’. ‘Sing’ hit
#3, ‘Sing a Song/Make Your Own Kind of Music’ hit #94.

The Boyz II Men version of ‘In the Still of the Nite’ was from the TV
miniseries ‘the Jacksons: An American Dream’. It hit #3.

The song ‘What’s On Your Mind (Pure Energy)’, by Information Society,
samples a phrase spoken by Mr. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) on an episode of
the TV series ‘Star Trek’. It hit #3.

The song ‘Love Is’, by Vanessa Williams and Brian McKnight, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV series ‘Beverly Hills 90210’. It
hit #3.

The song ‘Kookie, Kookie (Lend me your Comb)’, by Edward Byrnes and
Connie Stevens, refers to character ‘Gerald Lloyd Kookson III’ (aka
Kookie & played by Byrnes) from the TV series ‘77 Sunset Strip’. It
hit #4.

The song ‘Saving Forever for You’, by Shanice, was featured on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Beverly Hills 90210’. It hit #4.

The song ‘God Bless the U.S.A.’, by ‘Ensemble’, was featured on the
soundtrack ‘American Idol Season 2: All-Time Classic American Love
Songs’. It hit #4.

The song ‘Breaking Free’, by Zac Efron, Andrew Seeley & Vanessa Anne
Hudgens, was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School
Musical’. It hit #4.

The song ‘Love and Marriage’, by Frank Sinatra, was introduced (by
Sinatra) on the TV Producer’s Showcase production of ‘Our Town’. It
hit #5.

The song ‘One Moment in Time’, by Whitney Houston, was used by NBC for
the 1988 Summer Olympics. It hit #5.

The song ‘Home’, by Daughtry, was regularly featured on the sixth
installment of the TV series ‘American Idol’. It hit #5, in part due
to its play on the series.

The song ‘Speedy Gonzales’, by Pat Boone, shares its name with a
Warner Brothers cartoon character featured on various incarnations of
the Bugs Bunny show (and voiced by Mel Blanc, who makes a cameo
appearance on this song). It hit #6.

The song ‘My Dad’, by Paul Peterson, was performed (by Peterson) on
the TV series ‘the Donna Reed Show’ (on which he co-starred). It hit
#6.

THE SONG ‘DOESN’T SOMEBODY WANT TO BE WANTED’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV
MUSICAL ACT ‘THE PARTRDIGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #6.

The song ‘Rocket 2 U’, by the Jets, makes reference to the TV soap
opera ‘All My Children’. It hit #6.

The song ‘Don’t You Know What the Night Can Do’, by Steve Winwood, was
from a Michelob TV commercial. It hit #6 due to its play in the
commercial.

The song ‘Move This’, by Technotronic, was featured in a Revlon
commercial. It hit #6 due to its play in the commercial.

The song ‘What Time Is It’, by ‘High School Musical 2 Cast’, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’.
It hit #6.

The song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony)’,
by the New Seekers (later covered by ‘the Hillside Singers’), was
adapted from a Coca-Cola jingle. The New Seekers version hit #7 the
Hillside Singers version hit #13.

The song ‘Times of Your Life’, by Paul Anka, was adapted from a Kodak
jingle. It hit #7.

The song ‘New Soul’, by Yael Naim, charted due to its inclusion in an
Apple Mac book ad. It hit #7.

The song ‘Yogi’, by the Ivy Three, was inspired by the character of
Yogi Bear from the ‘Huckleberry Hound’ show. It hit #8.

The tune ‘Theme Song from Song for a Summer Night’, by Mitch Miller &
his Orchestra and Chorus, was featured on the Studio One TV production
‘Song for a Summer Night’. It hit #8.

The song ‘Here Comes the Judge’, by Shorty Long, was one of four
different entries inspired by a recurring gag line on the TV series
‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’ to chart. It hit #8.

The song ‘1, 2, 3, 4’, by Feist, charted due to its inclusion in an
Apple Ipod commercial. It hit #8.

The song ‘I Dreamed’, by Betty Johnson, was featured on an episode of
the NBC-TV series ‘Modern Romances’. It hit #9.

The song ‘Start Movin’ (In My Direction)’ (the A-side to the double-
sided single ‘Start Movin’ (In My Direction) / Love Affair), by Sal
Mineo, was introduced (by Mineo) on the Kraft TV production ‘Drummer
Man’. It hit #9.

The song ‘Gimme Dat Ding’, by the Pipkins, was featured on the British
children’s TV series ‘Oliver & the Overlord’. It hit #9.

THE SONG ‘I’LL MEET YOU HALFWAY’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL ACT ‘THE
PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #9.

THE SONG ‘CHICK-A-BOOM (DON’T YA JES’ LOVE IT’, BY DADDY DEWDROP, WAS
FEATURED ON THE TV SERIES ‘SABRINA & THE GROOVIE GOOLIES’. IT HIT #9.

The song ‘Think of Laura’, by Christopher Cross, gained popularity
after being featured on the TV series ‘General Hospital’. It hit #9.

The song ‘White & Nerdy’, by ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic, makes reference to
the theme song to the TV series Happy Days AND TO THE (CAPTAIN) KIRK
AND (CAPTAIN) PICARD CHARACTERS FROM ‘STAR TREK’ AND ‘STAR TREK: THE
NEXT GENERATION’, RESPECTIVELY. It hit #9.

THE SONG ‘THIS IS ME’, BY DEMI LOVATO & JOE JONAS, WAS FEATURED ON THE
SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #9.

The song ‘Jingle Jangle’, by the Archies, was featured on the Archies
TV series. It hit #10.

The song ‘Dynomite – Part 1’, by Tony Camillo’s Bazuka, was inspired
by the catchphrase used by the J.J. Walker character (played by Jimmie
Walker) on the TV series ‘Good Times’. It hit #10.

The song ‘You Take My Breath Away’, by Rex Smith, was introduced in
the TV movie ‘Sooner or Later’. It hit #10.

The song ‘Love me to Pieces’, by Jill Corey, was featured on the
Studio One Summer Theatre TV production of ‘Love me to Pieces’. It
hit #11.

The song ‘Words’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the Monkees’. It hit
#11.

The song ‘I Need You’, by LeAnn Rimes, was originally featured on the
soundtrack to ‘Jesus – The Epic Mini-Series’. It hit #11.

The song ‘If I Can Dream’, by Elvis Presley, was from the NBC-TV
special ‘Elvis’, though the single version is not the actual show
version. It hit #12.

The song ‘Smuggler’s Blues’, by Glenn Frey, was featured on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Miami Vice’. It hit #12.

THE SONG ‘PARENTS JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND’ BY D.J. JAZZY JEFF & THE
FRESH PRINCE, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV SERIES ‘SHA NA NA’ (INCLUDING
THE ‘BOWZER’ CHARACTER) AND ‘THE BRADY BUNCH’. IT HIT #12.

The song ‘Dazzey Dukes’, by Duice, was inspired by the short shorts
worn by the Daisy Duke character on the TV series ‘the Dukes of
Hazzard’. It hit #12.

The song ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’, by the Verve, gained popularity
after being featured in a Nike shoes ad. It hit #12.

THE SONG ‘TRACY’S THEME’, BY SPENCER ROSS, WAS FEATURED ON THE TV
DRAMA SPECIAL ‘PHILADELPHIA STORY’. IT HIT #13.

The song ‘Quentin’s Theme’ (a.k.a. Shadows of the Night), by Charles
Randolph Grean Sounde and covered by the Robert Cobert Orchestra, was
incorporated into the TV series ‘Dark Shadows’. The original hit #13,
the cover hit #125.

The song ‘Action’, by Freddy Cannon (previously released as ‘Shim Sham
Shuffle’, by Ricky Lyons), was from the ABC-TV daily show ‘Where the
Action Is’. ‘Action’ hit #13, ‘Shim Sham Shuffle’ hit #104.

THE SONG ‘I WOKE UP IN LOVE THIS MORNING’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL
ACT ‘THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #13.

The song ‘the Right Kind of Love’, by Jeremy Jordan, is from the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Beverly Hills 90210’. It hit #14.

The song ‘Superman (It’s Not Easy), by Five for Fighting, was featured
on the second soundtrack to the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit
#14.

The song ‘Talkin’ to the Blues’ (the B-side of the double-sided single
‘Four Walls / Talkin’ to the Blues’), by Jim Lowe, was from the TV
production ‘Modern Romances’. It hit #15. (‘Four Walls’ separately
hit #15.)

The song ‘Laugh Laugh’, by the Beau Brummels, was featured on the
animated TV series ‘the Flintstones’ (where the group appears, in
animated form, as the ‘Beau Brummelstones’). It hit #15.

The song ‘Music to Watch Girls By’, by the Bob Crewe Generation and
later covered by Andy Williams, charted due its play in a Diet Pepsi
commercial. The original hit #15, the cover hit #34.

The song ‘Crazy for this Girl’, by Evan and Jaron, was featured on the
second soundtrack to the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit #15.

The song ‘Rubber Duckie’, by Ernie (alternatively credited to Jim
Henson), was featured on the TV series ‘Sesame Street’. It hit #16.

The song ‘Beautiful Soul’, by Jesse McCartney, was originally featured
on the soundtrack to the TV series ‘That’s So Raven’. It hit #16.

The song ‘Steamroller Blues’, by Elvis Presley, was from the TV
special ‘Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite’. It hit #17.

The song ‘My Sweet Lady’, by Cliff DeYoung (alternatively credited to
Cliff DeYoung with Bill Mumy & Corey Fischer), was from the TV
soundtrack ‘Sunshine’. It hit #17.

The song ‘Give it All You Got’, by Chuck Mangione, was the featured
song by ABC sports for the 1980 Winter Olympics. It hit #18.

The song ‘White Flag’, by Dido, appears on the soundtrack to the TV
series ‘Will & Grace’. It hit #18.

The song ‘She Can’t Find Her Keys’, by Paul Peterson, was performed
(by Peterson) on the TV series ‘the Donna Reed Show’ (on which he co-
starred). It hit #19.

The song “Here Comes the Judge’, by Pigmeat Markham, was one of four
different entries inspired by a recurring gag line on the TV series
‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’ to chart. It hit #19.

The song ‘D.W. Washburn’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. it hit #19.

The song ‘Love and Marriage’, by Dinah Shore (and originally done by
Frank Sinatra), was from the TV production ‘Our Town’. It hit #20.
(The original hit #5.)

The song ‘(I’m Not Your) Steppin’ Stone’ was sung by the TV musical
act ‘the Monkees’. It hit #20.

THE SONG ‘IT’S ONE OF THOSE NIGHTS (YES LOVE)’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV
MUSICAL ACT ‘THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #20.

THE SONG ‘PRESSURE’, BY BILLY JOEL, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV SERIES
‘SESAME STREET’. IT HIT #20.

The song ‘The Lucky One’, by Laura Branigan, was from the TV movie ‘An
Uncommon Love’. It hit #20.

The song ‘That was Then, This is Now’ was sung by the TV musical act
‘the Monkees’. It hit #20.

THE SONG ‘PLAY MY MUSIC’, BY THE JONAS BROTHERS, WAS FEATURED ON THE
SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #20.

The song ‘I Think I’m in Love’, by Jessica Simpson, appears on the
second soundtrack to the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit #21.

The song ‘Bang-Shang-a-Lang’ by the Archies, was featured on the
Archies’ TV series. It hit #22.

The song ‘My Way’, by Elvis Presley (and originally done by Frank
Sinatra, later covered by Brook Benton), was from the CBS-TV special
‘Elvis in Concert’. It hit #22. (the Frank Sinatra version hit #27,
the Brook Benton version hit #72.)

THE SONG ‘1985’, BY BOWLING FOR SOUP, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV
NETWORK ‘MTV’. IT HIT #23.

The song ‘Get’cha Head in the Game’, by Andrew Seeley, was featured on
the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical’. It hit #23.

The song ‘Rainbow Connection’, by Kermit the Frog (alternatively
credited to Jim Henson), was featured on the TV series ‘Sesame Street’
and ‘the Muppet Show’. It hit #25.

The song ‘I Like It’, by the Blackout Allstars, charted due to its
play in a Burger King commercial. (It had originally been featured in
a movie). It hit #25.

The song ‘Spanish Flea’, by Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, was
incorporated into the TV series ‘the Dating Game’. It hit #27.

THE SONG ‘BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL ACT
‘THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #28.

The song ‘Start of Something New’, by Zac Efron, Andrew Seeley &
Vanessa Anne Hudgens, was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie
‘High School Musical’. It hit #28.

THE SONG ‘GOTTA FIND YOU’, BY JOE JONAS, WAS FEATURED ON THE
SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #30.

The song ‘You are the Music in Me’, by Zac Efron & Vanessa Anne
Hudgens, was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School
Musical 2’. It hit #31.

The song ‘Watch Me Do My Thing’, by Immature with Smooth & Ed from
Good Burger, was featured on the TV series ‘All That’. It hit #32.

The song ‘Be Yourself’, by Audioslave, appears on the second
soundtrack to the TV series ‘One Tree Hill’. It hit #32.

The medley ‘Cry Baby / Piece of my Heart’, by Melissa Etheridge with
Joss Stone, was recorded ‘live’ at the 2005 Grammy Awards. It hit
#32.

The song ‘A Little Love Can Go a Long, Long Way, (the A-side of the
double-sided single ‘A Little Love Can Go a Long, Long Way/Is There
Somebody Else’), was featured on the Goodyear TV Playhouse Production
‘Joey’. It hit #33. (‘Is There Somebody Else’ hit #87.)

The song ‘General Hospi-Tale’, by the Afternoon Delights, is a parody
of the TV soap opera ‘General Hospital’. It hit #33.

THE SONG ‘WE ROCK’, BY ‘CAST OF CAMP ROCK’, WAS FEATURED ON THE
SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #33.

The song ‘Tapioca Tundra’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #34.

The song ‘Me and My Arrow’, by Nilsson, was featured on the animated
TV special ‘the Point’. It hit #34.

The song ‘We’re All in This Together’, by ‘High School Musical Cast’,
was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical’.
It hit #34.

The song ‘Gotta Go My Own Way’, by Zac Efron / Vanessa Anne Hudgens,
was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical
2’. It hit #34.

The song ‘Yakety Sax’, by Boots Randolph (aka Randy Randolph),
inspired by the Coasters hit ‘Yakety Yak’ and also covered by Chet
Atkins (as ‘Yakety Axe’), was incorporated into ‘the Benny Hill
show’. Yakety Sax hit #35.

The song ‘Memories’, by Elvis Presley, was from the NBC-TV special
‘Elvis’. It hit #35.

The song ‘Indestructible’, by the Four Tops, was used by NBC for the
1988 Summer Olympics. It hit #35.

The song ‘What I’ve Been Looking For’, by Lucas Grabeel & Ashley
Tisdale’, was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School
Musical’. It hit #35.

The song ‘Make Your Own Kind of Music’, by Mama Cass Elliot and later
covered by Barbra Streisand as part of the medley ‘Sing a Song/Make
Your Own Kind of Music, was the inspiration for the same-named TV
series. ‘Make Your Own Kind of Music’ hit #36, ‘Sing a Song/Make Your
Own Kind of Music’ hit #94.

The song ‘If You Leave Me Tonight’, by Jerry Wallace, was used in the
‘Rod Serling’s Night Gallery’ episode ‘The Tune in Dan’s Café’. It
hit #38.

The song ‘the Girl I Knew Somewhere’ was sung by the TV musical act
‘the Monkees’. It hit #39.

THE SONG ‘LOOKING THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL
ACT ‘THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #39.

The song ‘When You Tell Me That You Love Me’ by ‘Ensemble’ was
featured on the soundtrack ‘American Idol Season 4: The
Showstoppers’. It hit #39.

THE SONG ‘THE WAY I AM’, BY INGRID MICHAELSON, CHARTED DUE TO ITS PLAY
IN AN OLD NAVY COMMERCIAL. IT HIT #39.

The song ‘Who’s Your Baby’, by the Archies, was featured on the
Archies TV series. It hit #40.

The song ‘The Homecoming’, by Hagood Hardy, was featured in the made-
for-TV pilot ‘The Waltons’. It hit #41.

The song ‘The Touchables in Brooklyn’, by Dickie Goodman, was one of
three songs he performed that were inspired by the TV series ‘The
Untouchables’. It hit #42.

The song ‘Reach’, by Gloria Estefan, was used by NBC for the 1996
Summer Olympics. It hit #42.

The song ‘Stick to the Status Quo’, by ‘High School Musical Cast’, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical’. It
hit #43.

THE SONG ‘HERE’S YOUR SIGN (GET THE PICTURE), BY BILL ENGVALL WITH
TRAVIS TRITT, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV NETWORK ‘DISCOVERY CHANNEL’.
IT HIT #43.

The song ‘Ben Crazy’, by Dickie Goodman, was inspired by the TV series
‘Ben Casey’. It hit #44.

The spoken word single ‘the Pledge of Allegiance’, by Red Skelton, was
featured on the TV series ‘Red Skelton Hour’. It hit #44.

The song ‘Bet on It’, by Zac Efron, was featured on the soundtrack to
the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’. It hit #46.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘If
we were a Movie’. It hit #47.

The song ‘It’s Nice to be With You’ was sung by the TV musical act
‘the Monkees’. It hit #51.

The song ‘Tarzan Boy’, by Baltimora, was featured in a Listerine
commercial. It originally peaked at #13, but re-charted at #51 due to
its play in the commercial.

THE SONG ‘THE BAD TOUCH’ BY BLOODHOUND GANG, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV
NETWORK ‘DISCOVERY CHANNEL’. IT HIT #52.

The song ‘Young and in Love’, by Chris Crosby, was featured on the TV
series ‘Dr. Kildare’. It hit #53.

The song ‘Feelin’ So Good (S.k.o.o.b.y-D.o.o)’, by the Archies, was
featured on the Archies’ TV series. It hit #53.

The song ‘Here Come the Judge’, by the Magistrates, was one of four
different entries inspired by a recurring gag line on the TV series
‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’ to chart. It hit #54.

The song ‘Mah-Na-Mah-Na’, by Piero Umiliani, was featured on the TV
series ‘the Benny Hill show’ and ‘the Muppet Show’. It hit #55.

The song ‘Shut Up and Let Me Go’, by the Ting Tings, charted due to
its inclusion in an Apple Ipod commercial. It hit # 55.

The song ‘Tear Drop City’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #56.

The tune ‘Brian’s Song’, by Michel LeGrand and later covered by Peter
Nero, was featured in the made-for-TV movie of the same name. The
original hit #56, the cover hit #105.

The song ‘I Miss You (Come Back Home)’, by Monifah, was featured in
the TV series ‘New York Undercover’. It hit #56.

The song ‘Let It Be Me’, (the A-side of the double-sided single ‘Let
It Be Me / Make Like a Bunny, Honey’), by Jill Corey, was introduced
on the CBS-TV series ‘Climax’. It hit #57. (Make it Like a Bunny,
Honey hit #95).

The song ‘Sunshine’, by the Archies, was featured on the Archies’ TV
series. It hit #57.

The song ‘Roots Medley’, by Quincy Jones, included the themes to the
ABC-TV mini series ‘Roots: Motherland / Theme from ‘Roots’ (Roots
Mural Theme)’. It hit #57.

The song ‘Own the Night’, by Chaka Khan, was featured in the TV series
‘Miami Vice’. It hit #57.

THE SONG ‘I THINK I CAN BEAT MIKE TYSON’, BY D.J. JAZZY JEFF & THE
FRESH PRINCE’, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV NETWORK ‘HBO’. IT HIT #58.

The song ‘Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter from Camp)’, by Allan
Sherman, re-charted as a ‘live’ performance from the Tonight Show.
The original studio version hit #2 the ‘live’ version hit #59.

THE SONG ‘AM I LOSING YOU’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL ACT ‘THE
PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #59.

The song ‘The Touchables’, by Dickie Goodman, was one of three songs
he performed that were inspired by the TV series ‘The Untouchables’.
It hit #60.

The song ‘Dr. Ben Basey’, by Mickey Shorr and the Cutups, is a parody
of the TV series ‘Dr. Ben Casey’. It hit #60.

The song, ‘Baby Boy’, by Mary Kay Place, is fully credited to ‘Mary
Kay Place as Loretta Haggers’. Loretta Haggers is the character she
played on the TV series ‘Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman’. Its B-side,
‘Streets of this Town (Ode to Fernwood), refers to the city in which
the show was set. ‘Baby Boy’ hit #60.

The song, ‘She Let Her Hair Down (Early in the Morning)’, by the
Tokens and later covered by Don Young, originated as a TV jingle for
shampoo. The original hit #61, the cover hit #104.

The song ‘Do You Know What Time it is’, by P-Nut Gallery, was inspired
by the TV series ‘Howdy Doody’. Its B-side, ‘Welcome Back to
Doodieville’, refers to the show’s fictional setting. ‘Do You Know
What Time it is’ hit #62.

The song ‘Sippin’ ‘N Chippin’’, by the T-Bones, was from a Nabisco Sip
‘N Chip commercial. It hit #62.

The tune ‘Porpoise Song’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #62.

The song ‘I Think God Can Explain’, by Splender, appears on the second
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit #62.

The song ‘Bop to the Top’, by Lucas Grabeel & Ashley Tisdale, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical’. It
hit #62.

The song ‘Listen to the Band’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. it hit #63.

The song ‘Ricky’, by ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic, is a parody of the TV series
‘I Love Lucy’ (and the Toni Basil song ‘Mickey’). It hit #63.

The song ‘Somebody’s Out There Watching’, by the Kinleys, was featured
on the TV series ‘Touched by an Angel’. It hit #64, in part due to
its play on the series.

The Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams characters Laverne & Shirley
charted with the song ‘Sixteen Reasons’. It hit #65.

The song ‘Everyday’, by Zac Efron / Vanessa Anne Hudgens, was featured
on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’. It hit
#65.

The song ‘Shoot It Again’, by Teresa Brewer, was introduced on the TV
series ‘U.S. Steel Hour’. It hit #66.

The song ‘Batman’, by Jan & Dean, was inspired by the same-named TV
series. It hit #66.

The song ‘Harper Valley P.T.A. (Later that Same Day)’, by Ben Colder
(the alter-ego of Sheb Wooley), is a follow-up tune to ‘Harper Valley
P.T.A.’, originally charted by Jeannie C. Riley. It hit #67.

The song ‘Who Shot J.R.?’, by Gary Burnbank with Band McNally, is
about the J.R. Ewing character on the TV series ‘Dallas’. It hit
#67.

The song ‘Jeeps, Lex Coups, Bimaz & Benz’ by Lost Boys, was featured
on the TV series ‘New York Undercover’. It hit #67.

The song ’Get Involved’, by Raphael Saadiq & Q-Tip, was featured on
the animated TV series ‘the PJs’. It hit #67.

The song ‘What I’ve Been Looking For (reprise)’, by Andrew Seeley &
Vanessa Anne Hudgens, was featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie
‘High School Musical’. It hit #67.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘I
got nerve’. It hit #67.

The song ‘Anna (Go to Him)’, by Arthur Alexander, was later the
subject of an episode of the TV series ‘Married…with Children’. It
hit #68.

The song ‘Deep Deep Trouble’, by the Simpsons featuring Bart & Homer,
was sung by the animated characters of the TV series ‘the Simpsons’.
It hit #69.

The song ‘Batman & his Grandmother’, by Dickie Goodman, was inspired
by the TV series ‘Batman’. It hit #70.

The song ‘Love Theme from Shogun (Mariko’s Theme)’, by Meco, was
featured on the TV mini-series ‘Shogun’. It hit #70.

The song ‘I Don’t Dance’, by Corbin bleu and Lucas Grabeel, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’.
It hit #70.

The song ‘Hooked on a Feeling (Ooga-Chaka)’, by Baby Talk (and
previously charted by B.J. Thomas and Blue Swede), was featured on the
TV series ‘Ally McBeal’. It hit #71. (The earlier versions hit #5 and
#1, respectively.)

The song ‘Send Me on my Way’, by Rusted Root, appears on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Party of Five’. It hit #72.

The song ‘When There Was Me and You’, by Vanessa Anne Hudgens, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical’. It
hit #72.

THE SONG ‘MOONLIGHT SPECIAL’, BY RAY STEVENS, WAS A PARODY OF THE TV
SERIES ‘MIDNIGHT SPECIAL’. IT HIT #73.

The song ‘When the Rain Comes Down’, by Andy Taylor, was featured on
the TV series ‘Miami Vice’. It hit #73.

The song ‘Papa Don’t Preach’, Kelly Osbourne (and originally done by
Madonna) was featured on the soundtrack to the TV series ‘The
Osbournes’. It hit #74. (The original hit #1.)

The song ‘Too Late’, by Gene Austin, was featured on the Goodyear TV
Playhouse production of ‘The Gene Austin Story’. It hit #75.

The song ‘A Chance for Heaven’, by Christopher Cross, was featured as
the swimming theme for the 1984 Summer Olympics. It hit #76.

The song ‘Fabulous’, by Ashley Tisdale & Lucas Grabeel, was featured
on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’. It hit
#76.

The song ‘Don’t Dream It’s Over’, by Sixpence None the Richer (and
originally done by Crowded House), appears on the soundtrack to the TV
series ‘Smallville’. It hit #78. (The original hit #2.)

The song ‘Daydream Believer’ (remixed version) was sung by the TV
musical act ‘the Monkees’. It hit #79.

THE TUNE ‘THE CHANUKAH SONG’, BY ADAM SANDLER, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE
CAPTAIN KIRK AND MR. SPOCK CHARACTERS FROM THE TV SERIES ‘STAR TREK’.
IT HIT #80.

The song ‘Someday Man’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the Monkees’.
It hit #81

The song ‘I Lost on Jeopardy’, by ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic, is a parody of
the TV game show ‘Jeopardy’ (and the Greg Kihn song ‘Jeopardy’). It
also makes reference to the TV series ‘The Price is Right’. It hit
#81.

The song ‘The Greatest Gift of All’, by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton,
was from their Christmas TV special ‘Once upon a Christmas’. It hit #
81.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song
‘Pumpin’ up the party’. It hit #81.

The song ‘Good Clean Fun’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #82.

The song ‘That’s Why You Remember’, by Kenny Karen, gained popularity
due to its use in a Faygo soda ad. It hit #82.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘Who
Said’. It hit #83

The song ‘I Heard it Through the Grapevine’, by the California Raisins
(and originally done by Gladys Knight & the Pips, later covered by
Marvin Gaye, King Curtis, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Roger), was
used in TV ads featuring the claymation California Raisin characters.
It hit #84. (The Gladys Knight & the Pips version hit #2, the Marvin
Gaye version hit #1, the King Curtis version hit #83, the Creedence
Clearwater revival version hit #43 and the Roger version hit #79.)

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘The
Other Side of Me’. It hit #84.

The song ‘Mexican Shuffle’, by Herb Alpert’s Tijuana Brass (later
covered by the Johnny Mann Singers as ‘Cinnamint Shuffle (Mexican
Shuffle)’), was used in an ad for Teabury gum. ‘Mexican Shuffle’ hit
#85, ‘Cinnamint Shuffle (Mexican Shuffle)’ hit #126.

The song ‘Winter Games’, by David Foster, was used by ABC for the 1988
Winter Olympics. It hit #85.

The song ‘Heart and Soul’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #87.

The song ‘Reason to Try’, by Eric Carmen, was used by NBC for the 1988
Summer Olympics. It hit #87.

The song ‘Here Come Da Judge’, by the Buena Vistas, was one of four
different entries inspired by a recurrent gag line on the TV series
‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’ to chart. It hit #88.

The song ‘Our Country’, by John Mellencamp, was originally featured in
an ad for Chevy Silverado trucks. It hit #88.

Both components of the double-sided single ‘The Good Book / The Things
I Never Had’, by Kay Starr, were from the TV production ‘The Lord
Don’t Play Favorites’. Each separately hit #89.

The song ‘She Lets Her Hair Down (Early in the Morning)’, by Gene
Pitney, originated as a TV jingle for shampoo. It hit #89.

The song ‘(Reach Up For The) Sunrise’, by Duran Duran, originally
appeared on the soundtrack to the TV series ‘Queer Eye for the
Straight Guy’. It hit #89.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘This
is the Life’. It hit #89.

The song ‘Russian Band Stand’, by Spencer & Spencer, is a parody of
the TV series ‘American Bandstand’. It hit #91.

The tune ‘the Fonz Song’, by the Heyettes, is about the Happy Days TV
character Arthur Fonzarelli (a.k.a. the Fonz). It hit #91.

The song ‘Slow’, by Kylie Minogue, originally appeared on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’. It hit
#91.

The song ‘One Life to Live’, by Wayne Massey, was featured on the TV
series of the same name (on which Massey co-starred). It hit #92.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘Best
of Both Worlds’. It hit #92.

The song ‘All for One’, by ‘High School Musical 2 Cast’, was featured
on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’. It hit
#92.

The song ‘Theme from Song of the Sparrow’, by Mitch Miller & his
Orchestra and Chorus, was featured on the Studio One TV production ‘A
Man’s World’. It hit #94.

The song ‘A Very Special Love (Song for the Ninth Day)’, by Mitch
Miller & his Orchestra and Chorus, was featured on the Playhouse 90 TV
production ‘the Ninth Day’. It hit #94.

The song ‘(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman’, by Mary J. Blige
(and originally done by Aretha Franklin) was featured on the TV series
‘New York Undercover’. It hit #95. (The original hit #8.)

The song ‘Never (Past Tense)’, by Roc Project featuring Tina Arena,
was featured on the soundtrack ‘Queer as Folk: The Third Season’. It
hit #97.

The song ‘Oh My My’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the Monkees’. It
hit #98.

The song ‘Santa & the Touchables’, by Dickie Goodman, was one of three
songs he performed that were inspired by the TV series ‘The
Untouchables’. It hit #99.

The song ‘Rome Will Never Leave You’, by Richard Chamberlain, was
featured on the TV series ‘Dr. Kildare’ (on which Chamberlain
starred). It hit #99.

THE SONG ‘FRIEND AND A LOVER’ WAS SUNG BY THE TV MUSICAL ACT ‘THE
PARTRIDGE FAMILY’. IT HIT #99.

The Miley Cyrus character ‘Hannah Montana’ charted with the song ‘Just
like You’. It hit #99.

The song ‘We’re Together’, by the Hillside Singers, was adapted from a
McDonald’s jingle. It hit #100.

The song ‘Love and Let Love’, by the Hardy Boys, is from animated
cartoon TV series of the same name. It hit #101.

THE SONG ‘WHO WILL I BE’, BY DEMI LOVATO, WAS FEATURED ON THE
SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #101.

The song ‘Door Number Three’, by Jimmy Buffett, was inspired by the TV
game show ‘Let’s Make a Deal’. It hit #102.

The song ‘In the Air Tonight’, by Phil Collins, was featured on an
episode of ‘Miami Vice’. It originally peaked at #19, but re-charted
at #102, due to its play on the show.

THE SONG ‘HASTA LA VISTA’, BY JORDAN FRANCIS & ROSHON BERNARD FEGAN,
WAS FEATURED ON THE SOUNDTRACK TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT
#102.

The song, ‘Sock it to ’Em Judge’, by Pigmeat Markham, was a follow-up
to his novelty hit ‘Here Comes the Judge’, which was inspired by a
recurring gag line on the TV series ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’. It
hit #103.

The song ‘In the Summer of his Years’, by Millicent Martin (and
released simultaneously by Connie Francis), is from the BBC-TV tribute
to John F. Kennedy, from the TV series ‘That was the Week that Was’.
It hit #104. (The Connie Francis version hit #46.)

The song ‘Goin’ Down’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the Monkees’.
It hit #104.

THE SONG ‘TOO COOL’, BY MEAGHAN MARTIN, WAS FEATURED ON THE SOUNDTRACK
TO THE TV MOVIE ‘CAMP ROCK’. IT HIT #105.

The song ‘As we go Along’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #106.

THE SONG ‘I REMEMBER’ BY COOLIO, MAKES REFERENCE TO THE TV SERIES ‘NEW
ZOO REVUE’ AND ‘STARSKY & HUTCH’. IT HIT #107.

The song ‘I Got You Babe’, by Cher with Beavis & Butt-Head (and
originally done by Sonny & Cher, later covered by Etta James and by
UB40 with Chrissie Hynde), was featured on the soundtrack ‘The Beavis
& Butt-Head Experience’. It hit #108. (The Sonny & Cher version hit
#1, the Etta James version hit #69, the UB40 with Chrissie Hynde
version hit #28.)

The song ‘Along Came Jones’, by the Righteous Brothers, was performed
(by the Righteous Brothers) on the TV series ‘Please Don’t Eat the
Daisies’. It hit #108.

The song ‘Mommy and Daddy’ was sung by the TV musical act ‘the
Monkees’. It hit #109.

The song ‘Work This Out’, by ‘High School Musical Cast 2’, was
featured on the soundtrack to the TV movie ‘High School Musical 2’.
It hit #110.

The song ‘How’s Your Sister’, by Steve Allen, includes the catchphrase
‘schmock schmock’, which he frequently used while hosting the Tonight
Show. It hit #111.

The song ‘Mr. Cool’, by the Champs, had its melody taken from a Mr.
Clean TV jingle. It hit #111.

The song ‘the Continuing Story of Harper Valley PTA’, by Dee Mullins,
is a follow-up tune to ‘Harper Valley PTA’, originally charted by
Jeannie C. Riley. It hit #111.

The song ‘Take Life a Little Easier’, by Rodney Allen Rippy, was
adapted from a jingle for the Jack in the Box restaurant chain. It
hit #112.

The song ‘Pearl Pearl Pearl’, by Lester Flatt, Earl Scruggs and the
Foggy Mountain Boys, refers to the cousin Pearl character from the TV
series ‘the Beverly Hillbillies’. It hit #113.

The tune ‘Song of the Nairobi Trio’, by the Fortune Tellers, refers to
a recurring skit from the Ernie Kovacs Show. It hit #114.

THE SONG ‘IN THE SUMMER OF HIS YEARS’, BY MAHALIA JACKSON, AND COVERED
BY CONNIE FRANCIS, IS FROM THE BBC-TV TRIBUTE TO JOHN F. KENNEDY. THE
ORIGINAL HIT #116, THE COVER HIT #46.

The song ‘You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch’, by Whirling Dervishes, is a
remake of the song from the TV special ‘How the Grinch Stole
Christmas’. It hit #120.

The song ‘Together We Two’, by the Archies, was featured on the
Archies’ TV series. It hit #122.

The song ‘Teenage Dirtbag’, by Wheatus, appears on the second
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Dawson’s Creek’. It hit #124.

The song ‘What’s a Nice Kid Like You Doing in a Place Like This?’, by
Scatman Crothers, was featured in the TV special ‘the New Alice in
Wonderland’. It hit #134.

The song ‘Frosty the Snowman’, by Gene Autry, was a pre-rock era chart
hit for Autry and was featured in the animated TV special of the same
name.

The song ‘The Power of the Dream’, by Celine Dion, was the official
theme song of the 1996 Summer Olympics. It was the B-side to ‘It’s
All Coming Back to Me Now’ (which hit #2).

The song ‘Cruisin’ with the Fonz’, by Pratt & McClain, refers to the
Henry Winkler character ‘Arthur Fonzarelli’ from the TV series ‘Happy
Days’. It was the B-side to the Happy Days theme song (which hit #5).

The song ‘Kookie’s Mad Pad’, by Edd Byrnes, refers to the character
‘Gerald Lloyd Kookson III’ (a.k.a. Kookie, played by Byrnes) from the
TV series ’77 Sunset Strip’. It was the B-side to ‘Like I Love
You’ (which hit #42 and was credited to ‘Edd Byrnes and Friend’).

The song ‘Flight ’76, part 2’, by Walter Murphy, was featured in the
NBC-TV movie ‘Attack of the Killer Bees’. It was the b-side to
‘Flight ‘76’ (which hit #44).

The song ‘Main Theme from Shogun’, by Meco, was featured in the TV
mini-series ‘Shogun’. It was the B-side to ‘Love Theme from
Shogun’ (which hit #70).

The song ‘Let Me Be Your Baby’, by Geoffrey Williams, was featured on
the soundtrack to the TV series ‘Beverly Hills 90210’. It was the B-
side to ‘It’s Not a Love Thing’ (which hit #70).

The song ‘Betty’s Takin’ Judo’, by Jeff Carson, refers to an episode
of ‘The Flintstones’ and the Betty Rubble character. It was the B-
side to ‘Not on Your Love’ (which hit #97).

The song ‘Do the Bartman’, by the Simpsons, was sung by the animated
character Bart Simpson, from the TV series ‘The Simpsons’. It hit #11
on the Airplay chart but was not eligible for the Billboard Hot 100
singles chart as it was not commercially released as a single.

The song ‘I Go Blind’, by Hootie & the Blowfish, was featured on the
soundtrack to the TV series ‘Friends’. It hit #13 on the Airplay
chart but was not eligible for the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart as
it was not commercially released as a single.

The song ‘Good Intentions’, by Toad the Wet Sprocket, gained
popularity after it was featured in the TV series ‘Friends’. It hit
#23 on the Airplay chart but was not eligible for the Billboard Hot
100 singles chart as it was not commercially released as a single.

The song ‘First Christmas’, by Danny Thomas, was from the TV special
‘Cricket on the Hearth’. It hit #24 on the Christmas chart.

The song ‘Shoes’, by Shania Twain, was featured on the soundtrack to
the TV series ‘Desperate Housewives’. It hit #29 on the Country
chart.

The song ‘That Man’, by Peggy Lee, was inspired by the Batman TV
series. It hit #31 on the Adult Contemporary chart.

Allen Kirshner
(the alt.music.lyrics TV theme guy)