Ant Songs?

ANT...@zimage.com

Jan 4, 2005, 1:32:36 AM1/4/05
I just read "horse songs" thread in this newsgroup, and came up with an
idea. What about ant songs? I have Dave Matthew Band's and Adam Ant's
songs so far.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of men." --Mortimer J. Adler
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

R H Draney

Jan 4, 2005, 1:47:36 PM1/4/05
ANT...@zimage.com filted:

>I just read "horse songs" thread in this newsgroup, and came up with an
>idea. What about ant songs? I have Dave Matthew Band's and Adam Ant's
>songs so far.
>
>Thank you in advance. :)

"I Can't Dance, I Got Ants In My Pants" by Clarence Williams & Louis Jordan
"The Bare Necessities" by Phil Harris, from The Jungle Book
"Your Auntie Grizelda" by the Monkees

Okay, that last one's a different kind of a(u)nt, but when you're singing it
they're pronounced the same....

I'm sure some novelty artist in the 1930s must have done a musical version of
"The Grasshopper and the Ant"...you might find it in the soundtrack of an old
cartoon (skip the Disney one, with Pinto Colvig as the Grasshopper singing "Oh,
the World Owes Me a Livin'")....r

justafin...@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2005, 3:25:48 PM1/4/05
ANT...@zimage.com wrote:
> I just read "horse songs" thread in this newsgroup, and came up with
an
> idea. What about ant songs? I have Dave Matthew Band's and Adam Ant's

> songs so far.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

"The Ants Go Marching One By One" is one I remember as a campfire song
from some 45-50 years ago

Bill Marcum

Jan 4, 2005, 3:53:31 PM1/4/05
On 4 Jan 2005 10:47:36 -0800, R H Draney
<dado...@spamcop.net> wrote:
> ANT...@zimage.com filted:
>>
>>I just read "horse songs" thread in this newsgroup, and came up with an
>>idea. What about ant songs? I have Dave Matthew Band's and Adam Ant's
>>songs so far.
>>
>>Thank you in advance. :)
>
> "I Can't Dance, I Got Ants In My Pants" by Clarence Williams & Louis Jordan
> "The Bare Necessities" by Phil Harris, from The Jungle Book
> "Your Auntie Grizelda" by the Monkees

"High Hopes": "Just what makes that little old ant think he can move a
rubber tree plant..."

--
"Oh dear, I think you'll find reality's on the blink again."
-- Marvin The Paranoid Android

alexjma...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 5:37:46 PM5/13/14